Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life

“Where is he?” Gui Gui said breathless as she ran into the Wu mansion.

“In his room” Aunt Tsai said to Gui Gui.

Without another word she quickly took of her shoes and run up the stairs. She ran up to Aaron's door and stops. Gui Gui took a deep breath and then knocks on the door. Without a response she opens the door and walks in.

“Gui Gui” Aaron said as he walks out of the bathroom with a smile on his face. “Oh! Why are you all soaked?” he rushed over with a towel and started to dry her off.

She stares at him and then touches his forehead.

“Are you okay?” she ask.

“Huh? Oh, I’m fine” Aaron answers.

“That's good” she said in a relief. 'I was worried for nothing.'

“But why are you soaked?” he ask her again. “You should go change,” he smiles still drying her off.

She stops his hands from drying her off.

“Don't worry about me” she smiles at him and then turns around. “I'm fine, I’ll be fine” she said and fell down. But before she hits the ground Aaron caught her.

“Gui Gui?! Gui Gui?!” he shook her.

He carried her the bridal style and went into her room.

- - - - - -

Aaron touches her forehead and sigh in relief.

“Her fever has gone down” he said softly and puts the towel back on her forehead.

Aaron leans back and the picture beside Gui Gui's bed on the small desk caught his eyes.

He slowly picks it up and looks at it. It was a picture of Wang Zi and Gui Gui. Their nose where touching as they look into each other's eyes smiling happily.

Slowly he sets the picture back down and turns to look around. He saw more pictures of the two together and got up to look at them.

'They seem to be so in love' he thought as a sad smile appears on his lip. He looks at the next picture and saw a different male standing next to Gui Gui. He picks it up and took a look closer at the guy.

“Haven't anyone told you not to touch other people's things?” Gui Gui said as she slowly sat up.

Aaron quickly sets the picture down and turns around.

“You're awake” Aaron said with a bright smile. “Are you feeling better now?” he ask her as he walks towards her.

“I'm fine” Gui Gui said with a smile on her face as she push her blanket off her and stands up. Just as she got up she lost her balance and fell forward, but Aaron quickly caught her before she landed on her face.

“Thanks~” Gui Gui said quickly and step back from Aaron.

“You shouldn't get up yet, you should get some more rest” he said standing in front of her.

“You should be the one getting more rest” Gui Gui said looking at him.

“But I’m fine, you're the one who had the fever.”

“But you're the one who fainted in the piano room.”

“You fainted too, in the hallway” Aaron argue back.

“But that's because I had a fever. You fainted for no reason.”

“My head was in pain” he said and then quickly covers his mouth.

“You're head was in pain?” she repeats.

“No, I was just kidding” he laughs as he looks away from her.

“You're such a bad liar” she mumbles. “Did you play the piano again?”

“Umm,” he told her honestly.

She crosses her arms and sat down on her bed.

“Alright, you're grounded from the piano room.”

“Grounded?! From the piano room?! Why?” he asked her shocked.

“Because I say so.”

“But that's not even a reason” he complains. “Aww, don't do this to me” he looks at her with a very, very cute face.

She smiles and then looks away with a straight face. “Sorry, it's for your own good” she said.

“But I like the piano room” he pouts as he sits next to her.

“Then be a good boy and maybe I’ll let you go in the piano room again” she said simply.

“Really?! Okay! I’ll be a good boy from now, but Gui Gui, I have always been a good boy” he points out.

“Uh~ let's go downstairs, maybe dinner is ready” she changes the subject as she got up.

Aaron stood up and puts his hands on his hips, “Good boy huh? I’ll show you a good boy” he said quietly and smiles. He quickly follows Gui Gui out and picks her up. He carried her the bridal style and heads downstairs.

“Aaron, what are you doing?!” Gui Gui said surprised. “Put me down” she struggles to get down.

“You're not recovered yet, and as clumsy as you are you might fall and smack your face, so it's best if I carry you” he smiles at her. “And stop moving or else both of us might fall and smack our face” he laughs.

“What? Me clumsy?” she said with an angry tone starring at him.

“Yes, you clumsy. Have you realize that every time you fall I’m the one that catches you?” he said as they walk down the stairs.

Gui Gui thought about it for a second.

'He's right, every time I fall, he's the one that catches me' she thought recalling all the scenes when she fell.

“Why did you catch me?” she ask.

“Because, I didn't want you to get hurt” he answers back.

“And why didn't you want me to get hurt?”

“Because I like-” he paused. “I...I like my friend which is you, so I can't just watch you fall and get hurt right?” he answers.

“So, you like me because we are friends?” she ask.

He nods.

'Because we are friends' Gui Gui thought as she sigh quietly.

~

“Where's Grandpa?” Gui Gui ask one of the maids.

“Master Wu called and said that he'll be late” the maid answers.

“Oh~” Gui Gui said and looks at Aaron. “We can start without him then” she said and signals the maid to severe them their dinner.

They ate in silence. As they finish up their dinner Aaron spoke up.

“Gui Gui, that cellphone that you bought for me, can you teach me how to use it?” he ask.

“Ah~ I totally forgot about that” she said, “Sure, just bring it to the living room after we are done eating.”

“Okay” he smiles and finish quickly finished his dinner.

~

Gui Gui waited in the living room for Aaron to bring down his cell phone. As she waited her phone beeped. She unlocks her phone and look at it, it was a reminder.

“Wang Zi's birthday is coming up” she said softly.

“Okay, I got it!” Aaron said as he quickly came down the stairs.

Gui Gui closed her phone and smiles at him.

“What's wrong?” he ask.

“Nothing, now let's get busy” she said as she pats the seat beside her for him to sit down.

He did as told and they spend their evening together.
 

 

 

 

****

Guilun Chapter! XD