Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life

The trip back home was fast and quiet.

“Ying Ying, how was your trip?” Aunt Tsai asks as she serves the two dinner.

“It was the best” Gui Gui answers and looks at Aaron.

“Yeah, we had so much fun” Aaron added.

“That's good” she said finishing up setting down the food. “Enjoy dinner” she told them and left the two alone.

~

Dinner was also very quiet.

'Should I tell her?' Aaron thought as he keeps on looking at Gui Gui. 'Yes, I should' he decided.

“Uh~ Gui Gui” Aaron began.

“Yes?” she looks at him. “What's wrong? Are you not feeling well?” she ask with a worried face.

He smile, “No, I’m fine, it's just-”

“Gui Gui!” they heard a male calling Gui Gui from the living room.

Gui Gui quickly stands up and looks at Aaron with a great big smile.

“He's back!” she said happily and ran out of the room.

Aaron not knowing what to do followed her.

“Ahh!” Gui Gui screams as the male that she hugged picks her up and hugs her tightly.

“Gui Gui, you've gained so much weight” the guy jokes as he messes up her hair.

“Hey!” she said as she hits his hand away.

“Be nice” a female beside the guy said and gave him a mean look.

“I was just joking around” the guy said to the girl.

'Who is he? Why do they seem to be so close?' Aaron thought worriedly as he watch them interact from the side.

“Ady Jie Jie!” Gui Gui said and hugs the girl tightly.

“How have you been?” Ady asks Gui Gui as they parted.

“Pretty good, just miss you miserably.”

Ady smiles, “You are still a sweet talker like always.”

“I'm so jealous” the guy next to them said. “Don't you miss me miserably too?” he pouts.

“Nope, because you're a bad guy.”

“Am not!” he argues.

“Are too! You didn't even come to my graduation!” she said back.

“Aiyo! Sorry la! It wasn't like I didn't want to come.”

“Then what is it?”

“Gui Gui, let's-”

“Xiao Ye! You're back! Welcome home!” Aunt Tsai said happily as she walks towards the guy and gave him a hug.

“Ah! Right!” Gui Gui said and turns around. She smile at Aaron and quickly walks over and pulls him into the group.

“Ge, this is Aaron” Gui Gui introduces them.

'Ge?' Aaron thought. Aaron turns to look at Gui Gui's brother and noticed that he is the guy in the picture with Gui Gui in her room.

“Aaron, this is my brother Vanness.”

“Hello, nice to meet you” Aaron said and stuck out his hand.

Vanness gave him a dark stare and shook his hand.

“Hi” he replies.

“Aaron this is my sister-in-law, or also known as my brother's wife Ady” Gui Gui points out.

“Hello” Aaron greeted her.

“Hello” she politely greeted him back.

“Gui Gui why is a male~”

“Long story!” Gui Gui cuts him off. “Ge you're just in time! We were having dinner, let's go eat!” Gui Gui said and hooks her arms around Vanness's and Ady's. She then led them to the dinning room as Aaron followed them.

- - - - - - -

“Have some fruits” Ady said as she set a plate of nicely cut fresh fruits on the table.

“Thanks” Aaron said as he took a piece of an apple.

“Jie, you're making me look bad. I’m suppose to be the one that cuts the fruits, you're making me feel like a guess.”

“It's okay” Ady said as she sat beside Gui Gui. “You haven't seen your brother in a long time, so you two should have as much time as possible together to talk” she said.

“Oh~ Thank you!” she said and hugs Ady. “You're the best!”

'She's so happy to see them' Aaron thought as he watches Gui Gui. 'Maybe it's not the right time to tell her yet. I should wait until things settle a little more' he thought and nods to himself.

“So Aaron, what does your parents do?” Vanness asks as his eyes had been on Aaron ever since Gui Gui introduces them.

“Ahiya Ge! Let's go to the piano room and talk shell we?” Gui Gui said and pulls Vanness off the couch. “Aaron, help me keep Jie Jie company” Gui Gui said and quickly pulls Vanness away before Aaron could answer.

“Gui~” Aaron couldn't finish as Gui Gui and Vanness had already disappeared. He looks at Ady and they smile at each other awkwardly.

~

“Gui Gui” Vanness said as he looks at his sister who's playing on the piano trying to ignore him.

“...huh?” she said not looking at Vanness.

Vanness walks towards her and sat down on the piano chair next to Gui Gui. He stops her from playing the piano.

“Tell me what happened?” he asks her. “What's going on? What happened to Wang Zi? Why is this Aaron guy living with us?”

Gui Gui sigh, “It's a long story.”

“I'll be here for a few weeks, so I’m sure that will be enough time for you to tell me your story right?” he smile at her.

She looks at him and nodded.

~

“Don't be nervous” Ady smile at Aaron. “And don't worry about Gui Gui, Vanness and Gui Gui are really close, after a few hours they'll be back” she gave him an assure smile.

Aaron looks at her and smile.

“So I’m assuming you must have a lot of questions about Vanness?” Ady ask Aaron.

“Uh...yes...sort of” he replies.

“Well then, feel free to ask me about him. Other than Gui Gui I’m the next person that is closes to him.”

“Uh~ well, I don't know which question to ask first” he said shyly.

“Don't worry, we have a lot of time.”

Aaron smile, “Then, why don't I tell you about myself first? Then you can tell me a little about Vanness?”

“That's fine with me.”

Aaron took a deep breath and began to tell his side of the story to Ady.

~

“So you really don't remember anything?” Ady ask him after hearing his story.

He nods.

“I see” she smile. “Well then, after hearing your story I’ll tell you a little about Vanness” she said and made herself comfortable. “Vanness is the kind of person that doesn't really listen to other people, but the only person that he really listens to is Gui Gui. Because Gui Gui was taken in by Grandpa, Vanness's parents don't like her, so to make her feel more like she's in the family, Vanness and Gui Gui became extremely close. Vanness is also the kind of brother that is really protective of Gui Gui” Ady said and then laughs. “Before Gui Gui and Wang Zi started to date, Vanness made Wang Zi's life so hard on him, but Vanness only wanted to test him to see how much he loves Gui Gui. After he approve of their relationship, they finally started to date. But then Vanness had to go abroad and finish his studies, so he had to part away from her. And off he went to the States with his parents,” Ady stops and sigh. “Gui Gui was in a deep depression after wards, but what's worst is...Wang Zi's incident happened shortly after that. Gui Gui was hit twice in the heart, but she's still a strong girl, having hope. I really admire her” Ady smiles and finishes.

“So, Vanness can also test you, to see how much you love Gui Gui. If he does, do you think that you're prepare for it?” she ask Aaron.

“If it's just the test of love, then I am” he said confidently.

“That's good to know.”

- - - - -

“And now...I know that I love him...I really do” Gui Gui finishes telling the story to Vanness.

“Are you sure you can let go of Wang Zi?” Vanness ask her in a serious tone.

“I did, that's why I'm so confident that I love Aaron.”

“Then what if Wang Zi wakes up one day? What will you do?”

“I'll do what I need to do then, ask for forgiveness, and I’m sure he'll understand...I hope he'll understand” she said softly.

Vanness sigh, “I guess you know what you're doing then, I just don't want you to get hurt again.”

“I know,” Gui Gui said and smile. “Thank you” she said and hugs him. Then she quickly pulls away.

“Now mister, you need to tell me why you didn't come to my graduation” she demands an answer.

Vanness smile at her, “Well...”

~

“Ady!!!!!!!” Gui Gui screams as she ran towards the living room.

Ady and Aaron got up confused.

“Is it true?” Gui Gui asks her breathless.

“What is it?” she said not knowing what Gui Gui is trying to ask.

“Is it true? Is it true?” she ask again excited holding Ady's hands.

Then Ady saw Vanness joining them in the room. He smiled at her.

“Ah~” Ady finally got it. “Yes it's true.”

“OMG! I’m going to be an Aunty!” Gui Gui said excited and ran to Aaron.

“Did you hear what I said?” she ask Aaron.

Aaron nodded.

“I'm so happy!” she said and hugs him jumping up and down.

Vanness came beside Ady and they look at Gui Gui with a smile on their faces.

- - - - -

-Later that Night-

As the girls talk in Gui Gui's room Vanness invited Aaron out onto the balcony to talk.

“While I was with Gui Gui, she told me a lot about you. And while you're with my wife, she probably told you about me too” Vanness stared the conversation. “My wife probably told you that I might make life hard on you” Vanness said as he looks up to the night sky.

“She did” Aaron replies nervously.

Vanness laughs. “Don't worry, I won't” he said making Aaron surprised. “She's my only sister, and seeing her happy like this again is something that I must treasure. Seeing her smile, and hearing her laugh again makes me really happy. Thanks to you my heart has lifted again” Vanness said as he turns to face Aaron who's looking at the garden that was lighted up by lights.

Aaron noticed his look and turns to face him too.

“I'll try my best to keep her happy” Aaron replies. “Seeing her smile makes me happy too.”

“That's good, but I’m warning you, if you ever make her feel sad, heart broken or if I ever see her tears drop, I’ll come after you” he said in a serious tone.

“I won't” Aaron said and smile. “Because I love her, I won't ever hurt her.”

“Now that's a man's word” Vanness said and pats Aaron's shoulder.

- - - - - - -

“I can't believe it, it's already time for you two to go back” Gui Gui said sadly. “No fair” she pouts as they sat in the car on the with Vanness, Ady and Aaron. They were on their way to the airport.

“Hey, it's not like we're going to part forever” Vanness said trying to make her feel better.

“You don't know that” Gui Gui said quickly after. “You barely come back and visit”

“But it's not like I don't come back because I don't want to.”

“I know, I know, you always have plans and you're always too busy” Gui Gui said as she cross her arms and looks out the window.

“But I am” Vanness said back. “And it's not my fault you didn't come and live with us” he mumbled.

But they all heard what he said. And it was true, Vanness and Ady invited Gui Gui to go live with them, but she decided not to go. The reason to why, is because of Wang Zi, she couldn't leave Wang Zi at the time, and even now she can't just leave him. It'll be like she had abandoned him.

“Gui Gui don't worry, I’ll make sure that we come back and visit often” Ady said after seeing Gui Gui's face.

Gui Gui didn't reply. Aaron who was sitting beside Gui Gui grabs her hand and gently squeeze them. Gui Gui turns to look at him and smile. But Aaron read through her smile, it was a fake smile.

~

They were now at the gate bidding their good-byes.

“Don't cry” Vanness said as he smile at Gui Gui. “Like I mentioned before, it's not like we're going to part forever.. And you can always call when you miss me.”

Gui Gui kept on crying and nods her head. She then hugs Ady as Aaron bid good-bye to Vanness.

“Take care of my sister for me” Vanness said looking at Aaron.

“I will” Aaron replies. “And although our time together was short, I’m happy that we've met.”

“Me too” Vanness said and stuck out his hand. Aaron smile and shook it. “We'll be going now” Vanness said and took Ady's hand, as Aaron went to take Gui Gui's.

"Tell Grandpa we said hi" Ady said to them, and then they head towards the entrance. 

As they got closer to the gate, Vanness turns around and waved at them, “Until next time” he said and then they head into the gates.

Aaron held Gui Gui tightly as she cries in his arms.

- - - - - - -

 So...Vanness turns out to be Gui Gui's brother. =D

And it turns out that she's going to be an aunty soon. Ahhh! How exciting! hehe. 

But anyways, what's the thing that Aaron wanted to tell Gui Gui???

 

Finally updated again. Sorry for the long wait...