Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life


“Are you done?” Gui Gui ask Aaron as Aaron changed into the clothes she bought for him.

Sitting on Aaron's bed facing the bathroom she waited patiently for Aaron to come out.

Finally the door opens after 10 minutes.

“Perfect!” Aaron said with joy as he walks out in a white polo shirt and black jeans. His hair was nicely brushed, and as he walks closer to her, she could smell his colon. It was strong but yet not so strong. It was the smell of handsomeness.

Gui Gui stood up and smiles.

“Alright lets go” she said as she quickly grabs her bag and heads out first trying to hide her amazed facial expression.

“Oh...wait up for me” Aaron said as he grabs his jacket and went out after Gui Gui.

~

“Wow finally I’m out!” Aaron said happily as he steps out of the hospital.

“Aaron we have to hurry, there's not much time left” Gui Gui said as she turns back to look at him.

“Yes mam” he said and quickly follows her. “Gui Gui where are we going first?” he ask her.

“To the MRT (subway).”

“Why?” he ask.

“Faster transportation” she smiles at him.

“Oh~” he replies feeling stupid. “Mmm...that smells good” Aaron said as he suddenly smelled some food stall.

“Right, we haven't ate breakfast yet” Gui Gui said as she stops walking and looks at Aaron. She then looks around and smiles as she spotted a stall.

“Are you hungry?” she ask him.

He nodded.

“Okay, wait here for me. I’m going to go across the street to buy us some breakfast snacks.”

“Alright.”

“Don't go anywhere” she said.

“I won't” he smiles at her as she started to walk away.

He watches as she waited for the lights to turn green and then quickly went across the street to buy them the breakfast snack.

“Lao ban (boss) I want two bags” Gui Gui told the man at the stall.

The man gave her two bags and she paid for them.

“Thank you” she said and headed back to where Aaron was.

“Hey handsome boy, do you want this bag? It's really pretty and you can give it to your girlfriend” said a guy as he came by Aaron.

“Really?! It is really pretty” Aaron said as he was about to take it but Gui Gui quickly came and held his hand pulling it down.

“Here you are” Gui Gui smiles and looks at Aaron. “Come lets go, or we'll be late” Gui Gui said ignoring the guy as she pulls Aaron away.

“Uh sir” the guy said to Aaron who looks back at him.

“Sorry, maybe next time” Aaron replies.

They quickly turned the corner and slowed down.

“Gui Gui, why did you pull me away? I was going to get that bag for you.”

“Thanks but I don't want it. And even if you take it, it's not free, it is really expensive. Those people are trying to rip you off” Gui Gui told him.

“Really?” Aaron said and looks down. He smiled and looks up at Gui Gui who looks down and saw her still holding his hand. She looks at him and quickly lets go of his hand.

“Sorry” she said and looks away.

“No problem, and I really thought that it was free.”

“Nothing is free in this world” Gui Gui said as she hands Aaron a bag. “Here, your breakfast.”

He smiles and took it. “Thank you! Wow! Smells so good” he said as he looks into the bag.

“They're pancakes, shaped into hello kitties” Gui Gui said as she smiles at his amazed expression. “Eat them on our way to the MRT, because inside the MRT we can't eat or drink anything” she said and began to walk away eating her breakfast.

“Ok! Got it!” he said and digs into his bag.

- - - - -

“We are here” Gui Gui said as they stop in front of a big college.

“Is this your school?” Aaron ask as they walk inside the gate that surrounded the school.

“Bingo” she said.

“It's huge!”

Gui Gui laughs. “Every college is huge.”

“Oh” he scratches his head feeling stupid again.

“Ying Ying!” she heard a lady call her name. They turn to the side and saw her house maid.

“Aunt Tsai” she said surprised. “What are you doing here?”

“I came with your grandfather. He's inside seated now, he wanted me to come out and look for you, just to make sure that you came.”

“Grandpa is always like this” Gui Gui chuckles.

“Your grandpa is here?” Aaron ask excited.

“Uh...yes,” Gui Gui said remembering that Aaron was with her.

“This is?” Aunt Tsai ask.

“Oh, sorry for being rude. I’m Aaron, Gui Gui's friend” Aaron introduces himself.

“Ah~ nice to meet you” Aunt Tsai replies.

“Aunt Tsai can you take him to go sit with you? I have to go change now” Gui Gui ask.

“Sure, but you owe me an explanation after this” Aunt Tsai gave her a look.

“Yes, I know. Don't worry” Gui Gui smiles. “Thanks,” she said and looks at Aaron.

“Aaron, this is Aunt Tsai, the head maid of my house. Go with her and she'll look after you” Gui Gui instructed Aaron.

“Got it.”

“Also don't wonder off, or you'll get lost.”

“Ok” he smiles.

“Good, see you guys later” she said and walks off.

Aaron then turns to look at Aunt Tsai and smiles awkwardly.

“You're very handsome” Aunt Tsai said after a long stare at Aaron.

He smiles. “Thank you, you look very pretty yourself.”

Aunt Tsai laughs and blushed, “My what a sweet talker. Come, lets go and get seated now” she said and leads the way.

Aaron obediently follows her.

They walk into the auditorium and got seated towards the front, in the middle section for the perfect view.

“Sir, young miss is here and she is now changing” Aunt Tsai report to Grandpa Wu, Gui Gui's grandfather as she sat down.

“Really? That's good, I was worried she'd be late” he smiles.

Aaron got seated next to Aunt Tsai and looks around.

“And who may that young man be?” Grandpa Wu ask Aunt Tsai.

“Right, this is Aaron, Gui Gui's friend” Aunt Tsai introduces Aaron.

Aaron looks at Gui Gui's grandfather and greeted him.

“So boy tell me, what kind of person you are, and how you two meet” Grandpa Wu ask Aaron.

- - - -

“Ahya” Gui Gui said as she sat in front of the mirror in a girls locker room. “Why did I tell Aaron to go sit with grandpa? He's going to ask him a bunch of questions...what should I do?”

“Girls time to go” said one of the teacher as she pokes her head into the locker room.

“Yes” they replies and head out the door.

Gui Gui shook her head. “Sorry Aaron, bare with me for a while” she said and puts on her cap.

- - - -

Finally the graduation ceremony had begun. After a small speech from the principal the students that are graduating walks in. Gui Gui was one of the first ones to walk in. As she enters the room filled with people she looks around trying to spot for Aaron. When she got towards the front, she finally spotted him sitting...NEXT to her grandfather. Her eyes widen as she saw Aaron sitting next to her grandpa. Her grandfather was laughing as Aaron told him something. Aaron then saw her and waved at her. She smiled back as her grandfather turns around and waves at her too.

'Looks like he's doing okay' Gui Gui thought as she turns towards the front.

The ceremony lasted a few hours. The graduated students threw their hats into the air and the ceremony was finally over with.

“Gui Gui! Congratulation!” Aaron said as Gui Gui walks towards them.

“Thanks” she smiles.

“Congratulation my dear” Aunt Tsai said as she hands Gui Gui some flowers.

“Thank you” she said as she hugs Aunt Tsai.

“Ying Ying, congratulation” Grandpa Wu said.

“Ye Ye, thank you” she said as she hugs him.

“Kem” Aunt Tsai clears as she looks behind Gui Gui.

Gui Gui turns around and look as Aaron also look at what they're looking at and saw a male approaching them.

“Hey, congratulation,” Li Quan said as he hands Gui Gui some flowers.

“Thank you” she said and took them.

“Gui...about last time...Kevin told me what happened...and I want to apologize to you. I’m really sorry about what happened, I hope that-”

“It's okay. It's not your fault anyways. I understand your feelings, there's no further needs of explanations” Gui Gui smiles at him.

“Still, I am really sorry. I hope that what happened won't change our friendship.”

“Of course” she gave him a smile.

“Li Quan, it's been awhile” Grandpa Wu said to him.

“Grandpa, I’m sorry, I forgot to greet you” Li Quan said and quickly shook Grandpa Wu's hand.

“I understand. Beautiful lady always come first” he smiles at Gui Gui.

“Grandpa” Gui Gui said and smiles.

Grandpa Wu then laughs.

“Well I’m sorry but I’ll have to go,” Li Quan said as he looks at his watch. “I have a meeting in 15 minutes so I have to get back to the company” he said to them.

“It's okay, I’m glad you came, even if it was just a few minutes,” Gui Gui said.

“A business man will always be busy” Grandpa Wu said to him. “Thanks for coming to support Ying Ying. I really appreciate that” Grandpa Wu said to Li Quan.

“She's my friend, of course I have to come no matter how busy I am,” Li Quan said. “Well then, see you all another time” he said before leaving not noticing Aaron who stood behind grandpa Wu the whole time.

“Ah right! I almost forgot to tell you. Grandpa, I’ll be late for dinner tonight. I’m going to take Aaron back to the hospital” Gui Gui told her grandfather as she turns back around. “And then come home for dinner, so-”

“I've talked with Aaron,” Grandpa Wu cuts her off. “and got permission from his doctor. He'll be going home with us to have dinner tonight” Grandpa Wu said shocking Gui Gui.

“What?!”

Aaron looks at her and smiles brightly.

 

 

****

OMG. Dinner at Gui Gui's place! hehe.