Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life

“Sorry for coming late” Gui Gui said as she ran towards Aaron who's waiting for her by the MRT. 

“It's okay” Aaron said understanding that it's hard for her to convince Wang Zi to let her leave. “Let's go” he said and held out his hand. 

She locks her hand with his and they walk into the MRT. 

“It's been raining lately...I hope that it won't rain today too” Gui Gui said as they sat in the MRT. “So where are we going today?”

“To the zoo” Aaron answers. 

“Why the zoo?”

“Because I’ve never been there before.”

“You must be kidding!” Gui Gui said surprised. 

“I wish I was” he smile at her. 

“Oh, well, I don't mind where we are going. As long as it's with you I’m content” she said and leans her head onto his shoulder. 

Aaron leans his head on hers and held her hand tighter. 

~
“Smile!” Gui Gui said as she took a picture of Aaron posing next to the tigers with her phone. 

“Let me see” Aaron said as he walks over and look at the picture that she took. 

“Doesn't it just look good?” she smile at him. “I'm the best photographer you can find” she joke. 

“Of course you are. But I’m the best out of the best” Aaron said and ushers her to go and pose next to the lions as he takes her picture. 

They wondered around the zoo until it began to pour.

“Hurry” Aaron pulled Gui Gui into 711.

“Wow, it's raining so heavily” she said and looks at Aaron. “You're all soaked” Gui Gui laughs at Aaron as she wipes the rain off his face with her sleeve. 

“So are you” Aaron laughs back at her. 

“What a way to ruin our day” Gui Gui sigh. “Hahhchee!” Gui Gui rubs her nose as Aaron pulled her into his arms. 

“We should find a way home soon, before everything closes” Aaron said looking at the heavy rain. 

Just then Gui Gui's phone ranged. 

“Hello? Grandpa” Gui Gui asnwers. 

“Xiao Ying, where are you and Aaron?”

“We're hiding from the rain in a 711 by the Taipei Zoo,” Gui Gui told him. 

“Xiao Ying, let me talk to Aaron.”

“Oh~” Gui Gui said and hands the phone to Aaron. 

Aaron looked at her confusingly, and took the phone. 

“Hello Grandpa” he said. “Oh....oh....okay...I will...okay... bye” he closed the phone and hands it to Gui Gui. 

“What did grandpa say?” Gui Gui took the phone from him. 

“He told us to find a safe place to stay, and return home when the weather is better. He said that safety comes first, because this isn't just any rain, it's a typhoon” he said and looks out to the rain.

“Oh~” Gui Gui said with a worried feeling but at the same time she felt her heart skip a beat when Aaron said 'a safe place to STAY'.

“So, we'll have to stay here for the night then?”

“I seems so...” he said nervously. He looks around to see where they can stay for the night and spotted a hotel a few blocks down. “We can stay over there for the night” Aaron points out the hotel to Gui Gui. 

“...Okay” she replies. 

“Ready for the run?” he looks at her. 

She nodded. 

He grabs her hand and they ran towards the hotel. 

~

“Hi, can I get two rooms?” Aaron said to the counter ladies.
 
“Sure,one moment please,” one of the lady said and turns to her computer. “I'm sorry sir, but we only have one room available at this time”she told him. 

“Oh” he said and turn to look at Gui Gui who's looking out the window at the rain while rubbing herself to get warm. He turns back to the lady. “We'll get it” he said and paid. 

~

“Wow! It's so nice” Gui Gui said happily as she ran into the room. She sat on the bed and bounces herself. “But...there's only one bed...” she said and looks at Aaron. 

“Sorry, they only have one room left. But don't worry, I can sleep on the sofa, you can take the bed. And we shouldn't worry about this now, what's most important now is for you to take a warm bath. I don't want you to get sick.”

Gui Gui got up, “But...the clothes that we are wearing are the only clothes we have.”

“We can wear the robes until our clothes are dried” he said and walks into the bathroom. He the water for Gui Gui and grabs a towel to dry himself off first. 

“Then...I'll go in first” Gui Gui walk towards the bathroom. 

“Mmm” Aaron answer as he face his back to the bathroom. 

Gui Gui smile at him and closes the door. 

~

After a few minutes.

“Aaron...” Gui Gui said as she pokes her head out of the bathroom door. 

Aaron who was sitting on the bed watching TV turn as he heard his name. 

“You can bath now” Gui Gui said shyly. She walks out of the bathroom and sat on the bed as Aaron go off the bed.
 
“I went and got some hot soup and coffee” Aaron said and points to the bag on the table. “Have some while they're hot” he told her and went into the bathroom.

Gui Gui got off the bed and went to find hangers to hang her clothes. 

Mean while as Aaron was taking off his clothes Gui Gui whom left her phone in the bathroom top vibrated. 

Aaron picks it up and took a look. 

“One new message?” he said debating weather to take look or not. 

While Aaron was in the bathroom Gui Gui drinks her coffee and watched TV. 

~

“Looks like the typhoon is not going easy on us,” Aaron said as he puts his arms around Gui Gui's waist as they stood by the window looking outside.

“Mmm.” Gui Gui stiffens feeling his hands around her waist. 

“Gui Gui” Aaron said as he rest his head on her's. 

“What?”

“Can I ask you something?”

“What do you want to ask?”

“Do you still have feelings for Wang Zi?”

Gui Gui turns around to face him, “Why?”

“Because, I’m not sure about your feelings anymore.”

Gui Gui smile and pinches his cheeks, “Silly, of course I still have feelings for Wang Zi, but they're just not that kind of feelings. Not the lover feelings, just friendship feelings. But towards you, it's 100% love feelings.”

Aaron smile content.

“What about you? Do you love me?”

“Of course I love you” he leans his forehead onto hers. “I love you very, very, very much.”

“If you love me that much, then why push me towards Wang Zi?” Gui Gui ask still can't forget about it.

“I'm sorry,” Aaron sigh. “The real truth was, I thought that by being mean to you, and by pushing you to Wang Zi, would make you go to him. That way I’ll feel at ease going back home. But then...you just had to soften my heart up, making me change my mind, and making me realize that I can't let you go to him, because I want you, and I need you. But most importantly, I really love you.” 

Gui Gui smile, “At least you've realize that much” she said as tears of joy ran down her face. 

Aaron slowly lifts up his hand and wipes her tears away. He leans down and kisses her softly on the lips. "And I was really jealous too" he said as he pulls away and smile at her. 

"Silly boy" Gui Gui smile back at him and slowly kiss him back to reply to his kisses. And without knowing her hand crept up around his neck. She pulled him closer to her as they deepen the kisses. Aaron gently places his hands around her upper neck and jaw to get a better grib, but suddenly Aaron pulls away. 

“Gui Gui," he said her name a little embarrassed. "If we don't stop now, I won't be able to stop myself” he looks at her breathless. Being so bare with just one piece of clothing over the both of them, Aaron could feel her everything. 

“Then don't stop yourself,” she said and peck him on the lips, “Because I won't regret this,” she said and closed the gap between them as she continues to kiss him. 

Aaron closed the curtain and led them to the bed. 

Aaron brushed her hair back with his hand and smile down at her. He leans back down and continues to kiss her. 

~

The next morning Gui Gui woke up and found Aaron gone. She put on her robe and looked around the room. 

“Aaron's clothes are gone” she said as she opens the closet. Gui Gui quickly grabs her clothes and went into the bathroom to change. As she was finish changing she found a note taped onto the big rectangular mirror. 

She took off the note and went back out to sit on the bed. She opened the note and started reading it. 

-Gui Gui-

Sorry, I left without a word. But I just couldn't find the courage to bid good-bye to you. I’m sorry... but I’m sure you knew this day would be coming, so I hope that you had prepared yourself for my leave. Gui Gui, I love you, and because I love you, I won't ask you to wait for me. As I don't know how long will it take for me to return to you. Please take care of yourself for me, as I will take care of myself too. I love you.

Ya Lun. 

Tears were running down her cheeks as she read his silly note. 

“You bad boy” she said wiping her tears away, “Alright I won't wait for you then” Gui Gui said bitterly. “Because I'm tired of waiting.”  

 

 

 

 

****

Finally another update!