Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life


“Wang Zi's real house?” he ask. “But I thought his family lives in Europe?”

Gui Gui looks out the window in deep thoughts, “At the time, it was the only thing that Mei Mei could fight for before they moved overseas.”

“I see” Aaron said looking at her.

“After an year and half, Wang Zi's parents decided to give up hope” she said calmly. “It was heartbreaking to see them give up on him like that” she said trying to hold in her tears. “The only one who didn't give up hope was Mei Mei, and me,” she smile still looking out the window. “We both believe that one day...one day Wang Zi will wake up from his long sleep” she sigh. “But during that time Mei Mei wasn't old enough to live on her own yet, so she had to move with her parents...and the only thing that she asked for was the house. She believes that one day when that day comes, they will go back and live in that house again, like how they use to live, like a family” she said finally letting down some tears. “Like a family” she repeats.

Aaron couldn't believe what he just heard, 'Wang Zi's parents gave up on him?' he thought to himself.

“Gui Gui...then...then why didn't you...give up on him too?” he ask curious.

“Because I love him” she answer him confidently.

Aaron slowly turns and looks out his side of the window without saying no more.

'I love him, and still love him, but my heart is now beating for another man' she thought to herself as she turns to look at Aaron who's in deep thoughts.

~

After a hour or so they've reached their destination. The driver came out and opens the door for them, but Gui Gui didn't move an inch.

“Gui Gui,” Aaron said as he slide next to her. “If you don't want to go in, then we can always go back home.”

Gui Gui looks at him then out the door, “Why should we turn back when we are already here?” she smile at him. “And weren't you the excited one?” she said as she took a deep breath and step out of the car.

Aaron worriedly came out after her.

“Really, if you don't want to be here then we can leave. But I should have asked you if you wanted to come first...” he said as he looks down at his shoes.

“It's okay, I haven't been here in a while anyways, so it's just nice to visit” she said smiling at him.

“Okay, if you say so, but whenever you feel uncomfortable, tell me and we can leave.”

She nods her head.

“Gui Gui! Aaron!” they hear Mei Mei called them with a happy face.

“Hi” Gui Gui said.

“Hello” Aaron smile at Mei Mei.

“I'm so glad that you two came! Wow! What a perfect couple” she teased them as they blushed. “Come on let's go in” she said leading the way.

“Uh~ Mei Mei, what is this party for?” Gui Gui ask.

“Oh~ just a welcome back party for me” she said shyly. “Since I was back I haven't been able to meet everyone, so I planed out this party” she said as she opens the door.

Just as she did everyone turns and look at them. All the girls were memorized by Aaron's charm.

“Omg, who is he?”

“He's so handsome.”

“Look! He's looking at me!”

They heard the girls giggle as they walk pass them.

Aaron just smile at them shyly as Gui Gui was too into the house and the memories that she had there. Mei Mei lead them to the food area and left to greet other people.

“Thanks” Gui Gui said as she took a up of juice from Aaron as Aaron sat down beside her.

“So~ this is how a party is like” he smile liking the music.

Gui Gui looks at him and laughs.

“What?” he ask her innocently.

“We need to travel more, with your kind of expressions, you might shock other people” she said still laughing.

“Why?”

“Because everything seem to be so new to you at this age” she finally calms herself down.

He laughs at his own silliness, and just as he did some girls approaches them.

“Hi” one said shyly. “Nice to meet you...I'm Apple” she blush.

“I'm Jane!”

“Kimberly!”

“Nancy.”

“Mandy,” the last one said embarrassingly. “Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you all too” Aaron said and turns to Gui Gui looking for help, but she just looks away like it's none of her business.

“So, what's your name handsome?” Kimberly ask.

“A-Aaron” he stuttered.

“Aww, you're so cute!” Jane said as she got in front of the group.

“T-Thanks” he stuttered again.

“You're adorable!” squeal Apple.

“Ha Ha...Ha Ha...” he looks at Gui Gui again who simply ignore him and drinks her cup of juice.

“So Aaron, would you like to go dance with me?” Mandy ask.

“No, would YOU like to go dance with ME?” Kimberly said.

“But I...I asked first” Mandy said disappointed.

“I want to dance with you too” Nancy said with a smile on her face.

“Hey! You two back off! He's mine!” Kimberly yells at the two.

“What?! I saw him first he's mine!” said Jane.

Gui Gui slightly turns and took a peek at the scene happening beside her. Aaron glance at her and she quickly turns around.

“Uh~ girls...” he said. But they didn't hear him and continue to argue.

“Girls” he said louder, but they still didn't hear him.

“Hey!” he said loudly making them stop arguing.

“Yes?” they all said looking at him innocently.

“So did you pick me?” Apple said with a smile on her face.

“You pick me right?” Kimberly said confidently.

Aaron got up and smile at them.

“Sorry, did I forget to mention that I came with my girlfriend?” he said and grabs Gui Gui's hand surprising her.

He pulls her up and against him.

“This is my girlfriend, I’m sorry, but we'll be going now” he said with a last smile at them and walks away with Gui Gui.

~

“Hey, hey, hey,” Gui Gui said trying to pull her hand away from Aaron as they were now outside in the back yard.

Aaron lets go of her hand and turns around.

“Yes?” he ask as if nothing had happened.

“Why did you get me involve?” she ask. “And even say that I’m your girlfriend?”

“Because you didn't take care of your responsibility” he answer back. “So I’m just getting back at you” he chuckles.

“My responsibility?” she ask confused.

“Yes, your responsibility is me!” he said and points to himself with a smile. “Me, Aaron, I’m your responsibility.”

“Why?” she laughs. “Why are YOU my responsibility?”

“Because you took me in from the hospital, and now I’m living with you” he explains.

“Hey now look here” Gui Gui said looking at Aaron. “It was my grandpa who took you in, so you're his responsibility, I’m just...his assistant.”

Aaron laughs, “Hey, I’m just kidding, why are you taking it so seriously?” he elbows her. “Hey, should we go dance?”

“No, if you want to dance then why don't you go ask those girls?”

Aaron laughs again, “Because I want to dance with you...but, you're not jealous are you?”

“What?! Me? Jealous, of you? Pish” she said and looks away from him. “You liked them anyways, you were stuttering when you talked with them.”

“Oh! Eavesdropping on me?”

“What? No, no, you guys were just talking too loud that I heard it by accident” she defends herself.

“Sure~I believe you” he looks at her and turns around. “I was stuttering because they were scarring me” he said simply.

“They scared you?” Gui Gui turns around and ask him surprised.

He nods, “So lets go dance” he said and grabs her hand. He then ran into the house with her behind him.

Gui Gui simply smile following him.

~

-The Wu Residence-

“I had fun today” Aaron said as they stood in the hallway facing each other. “Thanks for taking me there” he said sincerely.

“Mmm, no problem” Gui Gui reply.

“So...good night” Aaron said waiting for Gui Gui to go to her room first.

“Alright...good night” Gui Gui said softly and turns towards her room and as she did, so did Aaron.

“Aaron” Gui Gui said and turns around.

“Yes?” he turns back around too.

“I've decided to move on...but it doesn't mean that I have given up on Wang Zi...” she said and then laughs. “Wait, why am I telling you this?” she ask herself. “Good night” she said and went into her room.

Aaron had a confused look on his face as he went into his room.

“Did you get it?” Gui Gui said softly as she leans against the door. “That's my hint to you.”

 

 

 

 

****

Finally updated again. =)