Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life


Gui Gui woke up the next morning feeling tingly. She touched her lips and smile brightly. She remembered exactly what happened yesterday night.

After laying in bed for five more minutes she got up and wash up ready to spend another day with her clueless boyfriend.

~

“Ready?” Aaron ask as Gui Gui opens the door.

“Ready” Gui Gui said and closed the door behind her. She hooks her arm around Aaron's and they head down for breakfast.

~

“So, are you ready to ace swimming?” she began a conversation.

Aaron looks at her nervously and nods.

She laughs at his cute reaction.

“Eat a lot, swimming will use a lot of your energy.”

“Yes ma'am” he answers.

“Stop saying that, you make me feel so old” she said and looks away from him.

“Yes~ Dear” he said as he caught himself.

“That's better” she looks at him and smile.

After another fifteen minutes they finish up their breakfast and head down to the beach.

“Wow! What a beautiful day today” Gui Gui said as she shade her eyes with her right hand and looks out to the ocean.

She smile and looks at Aaron.

“Here is a good spot, let's settle down here” she said and spread down their mat under a big umbrella. Aaron then puts their stuff on the mat and sat down next to Gui Gui.

“Okay first thing first, we need to put on sunscreen lotion” she said as she digs into her bag and took out a fairly big bottle of sunscreen lotion.

“Let me put it on you first” Aaron said about to grab the bottle from her but she quickly moves it away.

“No, I'll put it on you first, now hurry, we don't have all day, take off your shirt” she commands him.

“Oh~” he said and looks around nervously as he took off his shirt.

Gui Gui smile at his shyness and got up. She walks around and kneels behind him to put the lotion on him.

“Whoa~it's so cold” he said moving away from her hand.

“Bare with it” Gui Gui said finishing up.

“Okay, now my turn” she said and hands him the lotion.

Gui Gui walks in front of him and sat down. She then began to lifts up her shirt.

“Eh!” Aaron said as he quickly grabs her hand from pulling up her shirt.

“What?” she ask as she turns her head back.

“You didn't wear bi...bi...” he couldn't say it because of embarrassment.

“Bi what? Bikini?”

He looks down and nods.

“Why?” she leans in on him. “You want to see me wear a bikini?”

“No, no, no” he answers quickly. “It's best if you didn't wear a bikini...” he said and looks away.

“Why? Are you jealous other guys will look at me?” she smile at him.

He nods not looking at her.

Seeing his nods she laughs loudly.

“Don't worry” she said and turns herself around to sit facing him. She grabs his hand and held them, “I don't wear those stuff, and even if you make me wear them, I won't.”

He turns to look at her.

She chuckles as their eyes met. “You're so cute when you're embarrassed.”

“Hey, it's not funny” he argues back.

“Of course it is,” she said and turns back around. “You're jealous of me” she smile happily. She took off her shirt and scoot back really close to Aaron. “Hurry apply the lotion onto me.”

“Oh~” he said and quickly apply the lotion onto her skin around her tank-top. They then both apply on their legs and head off to the ocean.

“Are you scared?” Gui Gui ask Aaron as their feet touches the water that wash upon the shore.

“A little bit” he said and looks at Gui Gui.

She grabs his hand to assure him as she could see fear in his eyes.

“I'll be right by your side.”

He squeezes her hand and they walk into the water.

After four hours in the water Gui Gui watches as Aaron practices by himself.

'I wonder why he's so scared of the water' she thought to herself.

After a long day in the water they retreat to their bases. They showered, change and went out to for dinner.

“So tired” Aaron complains as they began to eat.

Gui Gui smile as she looks at his pitiful face, “Well you did well today. Maybe after a half day tomorrow you'll be fine.”

“Tomorrow too?”

“Of course, you need to ace swimming.”

“But...it's so hard and tiring.”

“Of course it is, but it's a good exercise for you so bare with it.”

“Oh~okay.”

- - - - -

After dinner they walk back to the hotel.

“Wow! The stars are shining brightly tonight” Aaron said as he looks up into the sky.

Gui Gui looks up into the sky as he said that.

“Aaron...”

“Yes?”

“I know, we kind of talked about this before...but you were the one who asked me. So this time, I’m going to ask you.”

“What is it?” he ask confused.

“Before, you once asked me that if you recall all your memories would I kick you out of the Wu residence.”

“Yes...” he said remembering.

“You remember what I answered right?”

“Of course” he smile. “Why? What do you want to ask?”

“Aaron, if...if you recall all of your memories, are you going to leave, and go back to where you came from?” she ask as she stops walking.

Aaron also stops and turn to face her.

“Are you going to leave me? Are you going to leave the Wu residence?” she ask with a worried face. “And when you recall your memories, will you tell me?” she looks into his eyes that are blank. “Hm?”

- - - - - -

'Aaron's right' Gui Gui thought as she lies on her bed trying to fall asleep. 'I shouldn't be selfish.'

-Flash Back-

Aaron walk towards her and pulls her into his arms.

“Of course I’ll have to go back. If I have a family, I’ll need to tell them that I’m fine and living well. But that doesn't mean that I’m leaving you,” he said as he pulls back and looks at her. “Once I tell them that I’m fine, I’ll come back for you. I won't leave you, even if you force me too” he said and leans in to kiss her on the forehead.

“But once you remember, are you going to tell me?” she pulls away from him.

“You'll be the first person I tell” he smile at her.

“Promise?” she held out her pinky.

“Promise” he crosses his pinky with hers.

-End of Flash back-

'Of course he'll have to go back and tell his family about where he was. They might be worried to death about him. I shouldn't have asked that' she thought and rolled around her bed.

~

“Ready?” Gui Gui turns to look at Aaron.

“Ready” he said with more confident today.

She smile and they head into the water. And like she predicted yesterday, after a half a day Aaron became a better swimmer, so lunch they decided to go water skiing.

~

Aaron sat on the boat and look back as they decided that Gui Gui should go first. The boat began to speed up when they got the 'okay' sign from Gui Gui. Aaron watched worriedly. But seeing Gui Gui's smile and happy face enjoying the ride made him feel better.

“Are you okay?” Aaron ask as he helps pull Gui Gui onto the boat.

“Best thing I ever did” she replies. “You're next” she pats him on the shoulder. “Good luck. And don't worry too much, have some fun” she said and sat down. The boat guy helped Aaron got into the position and they speed off.

But being new to this Aaron quickly fell over into the water.

Gui Gui waited for a few seconds to see if Aaron will swim up to the top, but she didn't see him. Very worried she jumps into the water and went to save him.

~

* cough * cough*

“Are you okay? How are you feeling?” Gui Gui ask quickly as Aaron regain conscious.

He slowly opens his eyes and let out a smile to assure Gui Gui who is crying.

~

“Careful, it's hot” Gui Gui said as she gave a spoon full of porridge to Aaron.

He took a bite and looks at her as she took another spoon full and blew on it before giving it to him.

“Sorry” he finally said.

“For what?” she ask him.

“Because of me we can't go out and have fun.”

“It's okay, health and safety comes first. And it was my fault, if we didn't go water skiing then you wouldn't have fallen into the water and catch a fever.”

“But it's totally not your fault. I could have said no.”

“But what kind of boyfriend says no to his girlfriend?”

“You're right” he said after thinking about it.

“Alright, stop talking and eat,” she said as she feeds him a really big spoon full. “And after you recover, we'll be heading back home.”

“Why?” he ask surprised with a mouth full.

“Chew and swallow” she said as she feeds him another big bite. “You'll know when we go back” she smile at him.

She feed him the last bite and cleaned up. After cleaning up she felt his forehead and smile.

“Your temperature had gone down. Now sleep, I’ll be in my room if you need anything” she said about to leave but he caught her hand.

She turns back around and looks at him.

“Gui Gui, can't you stay until I fall asleep?” he ask with puppy eyes.

~

“Since we're going back soon, can I ask you something?” Aaron ask Gui Gui who is sitting beside Aaron's bed.

“No, close your eyes and sleep” she said and covers his eyes with her hand.

He touched her hand and moves it away.

“Please, just one question.”

She sigh, “Alright, what is it?”

“But you'll have to tell me honestly” he turns to face her.

“Mmm” she nods her head.

“Did you really enjoy this trip?”

“Of course I did. Now go to sleep.”

Aaron sat up and looks at her.

“You're not telling me the truth.”

“I am, so tell me, what kind of girlfriend don't have fun when she's on a trip with her boyfriend?”

“The girlfriend who always force a smile on her lips.”

Gui Gui's smile slowly disappeared, “Is that what you see from me?”

He nods his head.

“But I am enjoying this trip with you” she smile at him.

He leans towards her and pushes her bangs back.

“But I want you to really smile from your heart.”

Gui Gui didn't say anything. She seems to be hesitating.

“I...I actually don't like vacations” she told him truthfully.

“Why?”

“Do you really want to know?” she looks at him.

“Yes, I really want to know.”

She leans back on the chair, “I'm adopted. When I was ten years old, the family that I’m living with now, adopted me. So we are not blood related,” she looks away from him. “I lived in an orphanage for about two years until grandpa showed up and decided to adopt me.”

She turn and looks at Aaron and smile. “You must have a lot of questions that are going through your mind now don't you?”

He nods.

“Because my real last name was also Wu, grandpa decided to keep my name as it is. Wu Ying Jie” she said as she turns away from Aaron who was listening to her every word. “ My family was a middle class family. My father was a tea farmer and a business man. He one of the bravest and kindest man I’ve ever known. My mother was a nature photographer. She was a very caring woman, and was always gentle. In my real family, I’m the only child, so both my parents love to spoil me. And as my father's tea farm grew bigger and became international, my family started to take vacations. Almost every school break I have my parents would take me somewhere to have fun and relax. One year during my summer break, my parents decided that we should go on a vacation to South Korea. And so we did, but that one year, was the worst year of my life,” she said as tears began to roll down her face.

“Gui Gui~”

“A few days before we plan to come home we decided to go to the country side for a tour. But on the way there-” she pauses as more tears ran down her face.

-Gui Gui POV-

-Flash Back-

ERRR!

There was a sudden brake that causes us, and the passenger that was on the bus to panic. Suddenly some guys in black busted the door open and came onto the bus. They had guns in their hands and pointed them at us. Everyone had fear in their eyes. The fear of death. The leader of the gang pointed at the driver to pull over and put the bus on park. So as commanded the driver did.

I watch the gang took over the bus in fear as my mother held me in her arms.

And just as the bus was put into park the leader shoot the driver in the head. And the driver was immediately dead.

In my mother's arm I began to cry, as everyone screamed in terrified, but the leader put all of us in silence but threatening to take our lives. As everyone quiet down he order us to give up our money and anything valuable on us. We put our valuable items into the bags that were carried around by the other gang members.

“Sir we've got all of them” said one of the member.

“Very well, kill all of them” he ordered.

Everyone began to cry, but that was useless.

“Dear now listen to me” my father told my mother. “Call the cops as I disrupt them” he looks at her and was sweating, not knowing if we will live to see each other again. “I love you,” he said and got up before my mother could answer. But like he ask her to she called the police.

“Sir” my father said to the leader as he got up.

“Sit down!” the leader yelled.

“Sir, let's talk this over” my father said walking closer to the leader.

Boom!

The leader shoot my father's left knee making him drop to the ground groaning in pain.

My mother and I witness as they shoot my father. In shock my mother dropped her phone and that caught their attention. Furious he shot my father dead two times on the chest then aims gun at my mother. She quickly cover me with her body and they shoot her.

Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!

"Mom?" I said as I looks at her.

“Be a good girl okay?” she gave me a last smile before she closing her eyes.

“Mom! Mom!” I called as my mother fell on top of me. “Mom!” I shook my mother and began to cry harder as I found blood on the back of her mother's back.

Boom!

“NO!!!”

-End of Flash Back-

-End of Gui Gui POV-

“My father died because he was brave. And my mother died because she tired to protect me. Not many people survive that tragic. I was lucky to survive. The police hearing everything came as soon as possible, but about 15 people including my parents were already killed. As soon as the police arrive they caught the gang and arrested them. Then they unload the living people before the dead ones. I remember clearly as they pull my apart from my mother. Just as the they finish making sure that the living ones were off the bus, the bus exploded burning all the dead left on the bus. I never had thought, that during the time they pull me away from my mother, was the last time that I’ll see her again” Gui Gui said as she blew her nose.

“Shortly after what happened, they found an orphanage that will take me in. When I first went there, I was a mute. It took me half a year before I started to talk with other kids. But I really was never close with them, because old ones go out and new ones come in. I was the only one that stayed the longest in the same orphanage. Until grandpa came along and adopted me” she finishes her story and looks at Aaron. 

“This is my secret, nobody except you and another person knows about it.”

'Another person?...Must be Wang Zi' Aaron thought. He looks at Gui Gui and smile as he dries her tears.

“Thank you” Aaron said starring into her eyes. “For sharing your life story.”

“Does this story answer your questions?” she ask.

“Yes, thank you” he said and kisses her forehead.  

 

 

 

 

 

****

Well a little of gui gui's life story. 

Boring chapter??