Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life


“Good morning!” Gui Gui said as she walks into Aaron's room and opens the curtains.

He rolls over and covers his face with his pillow.

“Don't sleep in anymore” she said as she walks over to his bed and pulls his blanket away from him. “Breakfast time is almost over, so hurry up and get up. Let's go get breakfast together” she said as she pulls his pillow away from him too.

He opens his eyes and looks at her tiredly.

“I'll give you 15 minutes, if you're not ready in 15 minutes I’m leaving without you” she smile at him and walks to her room.

Gui Gui looks at her watch as she waited for Aaron out in the hall.

“5, 4, 3, 2, 1-”

“Made it!” he said with a smile on his face as he opens the door.

“Barely” she laughs looking at him. She walk towards him and wipes some toothpaste off his lips with her thumb. “Wake up earlier tomorrow and you won't end up with toothpaste on your lips, or have to rush yourself,” she said and walks to the elevator as he follows her.

“Yes ma'am” he smile.

- - - - - -

“Thank you” Gui Gui said as she paid for the aquarium tickets. She grabs the ticket and turns around to find Aaron surrounded by girls.

Gui Gui walks over to them and smile at Aaron as he looks at her nervously. He waves to her for help but she turns away ignoring him. She stands there for a few moments and turns back to look at Aaron. She smile at him again and wave to him. She then walks towards the entrance.

“Gui- uh~ sorry” Aaron said and fight his way out of the crowd surrounding him.

“Why didn't you come and get me?” Aaron said as he caught up to Gui Gui.

“I didn't want to interrupt you and the girls, and you seem to be enjoying yourself” she said coldly.

“I wasn't! Honestly! At first they wanted me to take pictures of them, but after I was done, they just started to ask if I can take a picture WITH them.”

“The truth?” Gui Gui said not looking at him.

“The truth!” he said in a serious tone.

Gui Gui smile and looks at him. “From now on you're not allow to take pictures with other girls. You can only take pictures with me.”

“Yes ma'am” he answers.

“Promise?” Gui Gui stuck out her pinky.

“Promise” Aaron cross his pinky with hers.

They then walk hand in hand into the aquarium.

'He can be so innocent' Gui Gui thought as she looks at Aaron who's starring into the big tanks that are filled with sea creatures.

That afternoon they spent their time together at the aquarium. They took a lot of pictures and saw a lot of fishes that they've never seen before. 

~

“Wow! I feel so full” Aaron said as they walk back to the hotel.

“Me too” Gui Gui said patting her tummy.

“Look, isn't this cute?” Aaron said as he suddenly walks to a stall selling phone chains.

Gui Gui walks up behind him and looks at what he was looking at.

“Should we get a couple key chain?” he ask her.

“Alright” Gui Gui answers looking at key chains.

“Which pair should we get?” Aaron ask her.

“You pick” Gui Gui said looking at a pair that caught her eyes.

The pair had an small angel and a small devil.

-Flash Back-

“Wang Zi look!” Gui Gui said as she walks into a store as they were walking to a ice-cream shop.

Wang Zi follows her in. “Hey, you shouldn't just wonder off by yourself” he said and crosses their hands.

Gui Gui looks at him and smile sweetly, “Look! Doesn't this just suit us?” she ask as she touch a pair of couple phone chains. “The devil really suits you” she looks at him happily.

“Then I guess the angel is suppose to be you?” he looks at her.

“What do you mean suppose? It is me” she said and turn back to look at the phone chain. The phone chain has a silver chain that hangs the little stuff devil and angel at the end of it.

Wang Zi looks at Gui Gui and then he took the phone chains off the shelf. They walk over to the cashier and paid.

“Here” Wang Zi said as he hands her the devil.

“But I’m suppose to be the angel” she pouts.

“I know, but when you see the devil, it'll remind you of me. It'll be like seeing me every second you see the devil hanging on your phone. And for me, every time I see the angel I’ll think of you.”

“Oh~” she said as she took the devil from him. “Thank you” she said as she hangs it on her phone.

“But how do I resemble a devil?” he questions her.

“Oh! You and the devil have so many resemblance” she said and walks away.

-End of Flash Back-

Gui Gui smile as she snap back to reality.

“Gui Gui” Aaron said finally picked out a cute pair.

“Yes?” she answers him.

“What about these two?”

Gui Gui looks at them. “Cupids?”

“Mmm, but if you look closely one holds a heart that has a lock to it and the other one has the key to open the heart.”

“Perfect!”

“It's decide then” Aaron said and paid for the phone chain.

They then continue their walk to the hotel after putting on their phone chains.

Gui Gui got the cupid that holds the heart that has a lock on it, and Aaron got the cupid that has a key.

Back at the hotel they went to their rooms and changed. They relax for a few hours together and went down to the hotel's dinning room eat dinner.

“Ahhhhhhh~” Aaron said as he cut a piece of his steak to feed her.

She opens and he feeds her the piece of steak.

“Yummy?” he ask her.

“Of course” she said as she cuts a piece and feeds it to him.

“So since we when to the aquarium today, what should we do tomorrow?” Aaron ask.

“Go snorkeling.”

“Ah~yeah~ but I don't think I can swim” he said embarrass.

Hearing that Gui Gui almost spit out her water.

“Seriously? You don't know how to swim?” she said laughing.

“Hey, don't laugh too loud, it's embarrassing already” he said as he looks down at his food.

“Sorry,” she said and ate some more steak to shut . “Then tomorrow lets go to the beach, I’ll teach you how to swim, we can do the other water actives after you ace swimming.”

“But I don't want to bore you” he said looking at her.

“Whenever I’m with you I’m never bored” she said looking at him too. “Now eat up, let's go stare gazing tonight.”

“Okay” he said excited about stare gazing.

- - - - -

Walking down to the beach Aaron carried a mat so that they can sit on, as Gui Gui carried a small blanket for just in case they get cold.

After walking around for a few minutes they found a spot that they like and settled down.

“Do you like stare gazing?” Gui Gui ask Aaron who's beside her.

“Well this is my first time doing this” he answers her.

“With a girl?”

“No, just star gazing, and yes, I guess with a girl too.”

“Wow, I feel special then” she jokes.

“Is this your first?” he ask her.

“Of course not, I’ve done star gazing tones of times.”

“When was your first time?”

“It was when I was little.”

“How old?”

“...Hmm...I can't really remember...5 or 6 I think.”

“I see” he said looking into the sky.

Gui Gui looks at him and then lays down on the mat. Aaron looks at her and joins her after fixing the blanket over them. He then puts his hand under her head.

“Pretty huh?” Gui Gui ask him.

“Yeah, you can't really see stars like this in Taipei.”

Gui Gui laughs, “It's too polluted there.”

Aaron laughs with her, “Yeah~”

After laughing there was a long silence between them. They listen to the waves as they look at the stars laying on the mat sharing a blanket.

“Gui Gui” Aaron suddenly said as he felt his arm wet.

“Mmm?” she answers.

“Are you crying?” he ask her as he turns to face her.

“Mmm” she said honestly as she wipes her tears away.

“Why? Why are you crying?”

She turns to look at him.

“Looking at the stars...reminds me of my parents...I...I miss my parents” she said as more tears ran down her face. “I miss them so much” she said Aaron pulls her into his arms.

In his arms she cries all her sadness out.

Aaron didn't know what to do, all he could do was be by her side and comfort her at this time.

After Aaron felt that Gui Gui had calm down, he gently lets go of Gui Gui and looks at her.

“Don't cry,” he said softly as he wipes her tears away. “Seeing your tears drop makes me feel like there's a thousand needle stabling my heart.”

Gui Gui slowly lifts up her head and looks at Aaron.

“Seeing you in pain, also makes me in pain” he said and smile at her.

Another tear ran down her face. He wipes it and leans down to kiss her. Gui Gui closed her eyes and replies to his kiss.

After the long kiss Aaron pulls away, “You're pain, is my pain” he said and kisses her again.


 

 

 

****

Finally their real first kiss! XD