Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life

When she woke up she felt a blanket over her. She sat up and saw Li Quan reading a magazine.

“Hi” he said.

She took the blanket and fold it.

“Sorry, why didn't you wake me up? How long have you been here?”

“Not long” he smiles. “You look very tired, so I didn't wake you up. I think that you should get some more sleep.”

Gui Gui got up and sat the blanket on the sofa.

“What? Me? Tired? Noway” she laughs.

Li Quan got up and walks towards her.

“You've been crying haven't you?” he brushed her bangs aside.

She quickly covers her eyes.

“Crying? No~” she turns around. “I guess you're right” she walks towards the bathroom. “Maybe I’m just a little tired. After washing my face I’ll be good to go” she said as she closes the bathroom door.

Li Quan puts his hand down and smiles.

Gui Gui stares at herself in the mirror. Her eyes were red and puffy. She frowns and wash her face.

- - - - -

“Have you eaten?” Li Quan ask as Gui Gui came out of the bathroom.

“Hm? Oh...Um~”

Ring. Ring. Ring.

“Sorry” she said and went to her bag. She took out her phone and looks at the caller ID.

“Hello? Grandpa~” she look sat Li Quan and walks out of the room.

Li Quan turns around as the door closes and looks at Wang Zi.

“Can you hear me?” he ask Wang Zi as he sat next to him.

He smiles.

“I hope so, because I want to tell you that you are a lucky man. A very lucky man. Gui Gui is a very nice girl. I hope that you won't make her wait too long....because if you do, I don't think that I can stop myself from stilling her from you. So...if you don't want that to happen, then wake up and take care of her, like a man should do.”

“Sorry” Gui Gui said as she walks into the room.

Li Quan turns around and smiles.

“It's okay, so have you eaten? Should we go out to eat?”

“Well actually, my grandpa wants be home for dinner tonight so~”

“It's okay then, there's always next time.”

“Yeah” she said as she collects her things. “Take you time, I’ll be leaving now” she said to Li Quan.

“I will” he replies as he watches her leave.

- - - - - -

-Wu Residence-

“So did you like any of them?” Grandpa Wu ask Gui Gui at dinner.

“Grandpa, I~”

“Don't tell me that you didn't go.”

“Of course I did” she said quickly. “Grandpa, I know that you love me and want to find the best for me, but please don't make anymore blind dates.”

“Oh~ did you not like them?” he looks at her.

“Of course I didn't. And no matter how many more blind dates you set up for me, I won't change my mind.”

“Xiao Ying ah~ you're really going to wait until that rascal wakes up? You can wait your whole life and he won't wake up.”

“But I will wait, because grandpa, that rascal is the person I love. Sorry, please excuse me” she said and left the dinning room.

~

Gui Gui lays on her bed and rolls herself up in her blanket.

“I don't want to find another guy” Gui Gui sobs. “I only want Wang Zi...And I want him to snap out of his coma...I want him to be next to me now, I want him to comfort me, I want him to hold me in his arms, and...and...I want to feel the life of his lips on mine...” she said softly as tears rand down her face. “I only want him...but why can't grandpa understand? Why can't anyone understand?”

- - - -

“Miss Ying Jie” Aunt Tsai (Main house maid) said as she knocks on Gui Gui's door. “Miss Ying Jie” Aunt Tsai calls again.

“Yes?” Gui Gui said as she opens the door tiredly.

“Young Master Li is here to see you” she said.

“Oh...tell him that I’ll be down in a few minutes” Gui Gui said and closes the door.

~

“Li Quan” Gui Gui said as she walks down the stairs. “What are you doing here so early in the morning?”

“I came to see you of course.”

“Why's that?” she ask confused. “Is today your birthday?”

“You remembered?” he said surprised.

“Uh~...yeah” she said guilty. “So what's up?”

“I'm having a birthday party this evening. So I came to invite you” he hands her an invitation.

“Wow, I get a personal invitation!” she said excited. “But really you should have just mailed.”

“I wanted to make sure that you'll come,” he said softly.

“Haha.. so is it at your house?” she ask awkwardly.

“Of course.”

“Ok, I’ll come later today then” she said.

“Ok, I’ll pick you up.”

“No, no, it's okay. I’ll come by myself, you still have to greet your guess anyways.”

“Alright then, see you later tonight?”

“Sure” she said.

- - - - -

After visiting Wang Zi, going out to buy Li Quan a gift and dressing up, she heads to Li Quan's house.

“Gui Gui! Come on in” he said excited to see her.

“Thanks” she said. “Oh, here” she hands him bag.

“Wow, you didn't have to” he said and took the bag. “Thanks though” he said.

“What do you mean I didn't have to? Of course I do, coming without a gift would make me look bad.”

“Whatever you say” he goes along with her. “Come, the party is this way” he said as he leads the way down a hall.

They got to the room and walks in to see a room full of people. Some that Gui Gui knew and some that she didn't.

After ten minutes that Gui Gui arrived there, they sang to Li Quan and watch him blew out the candles, and gave everyone a speech. After that he opens the presents and on the party went.

Sitting alone in the dark area Gui Gui watch as everyone dances and talks.

“Why don't you join the party?” Li Quan ask her.

“Wow” Gui Gui said as she leans back from Li Quan. “How much did you drink?” she laughs.

“As much as I can” he said drunk. “We were playing over there” he points to one direction. “Want to play?” he said and grabs her hand.

“No thanks” she smiles. “I can't drink. I at it” she said still cracking up at how drunk Li Quan got. This was the first time that she saw him this drunk.

“I know...” he laughs and lets go of her hand. “Well then, I’m off to join them” he said and walks away wobbly.

She continues to laughs as she watches him walks off, and every few steps he'll run fall into people around him which made her worried.

~

“Li Quan” Gui Gui said as she got down next to the drunk Li Quan.

He turns and looks at her.

“Hey,” he smiles.

“Li Quan, I’ll be going now. Thanks for inviting me...take care ok?” she said and got up, but he quickly caught her hand and pulls her down to him.

“Gui Gui, I’ve got a question for you. You...have you consider me as more than a friend?” he ask her looking straight into her eyes.

She looks away and smiles, “Li Quan, you've drank too much, let me help you to your room” she said and was about to get up but he held her down tightly hold her hands.

“Li Quan, that hurts, let go” she said struggling to get free.

“You have never consider me as your boyfriend...” he said softly. “Why?” he looks at her.

“Li Quan, let go” she keeps on struggling.

“Answer me!” he yells as he shook her. “Answer me” he said softly this time looking into her eyes.

“Because...because to me...you were always like a brother” she said finally.

“Brother?” he repeats and laughs. “No wonder I can't be see as a boyfriend, I was seen as a brother first” he said quietly as his eyes began to tear up.

“Li Quan” Gui Gui said as he lets go of her.

“That's right...” he looks away. “I still can't get over you...I still have feelings for you...You know why I can't get over you?” he looks at her again. “Because every time I see you...I want to comfort you, and be by your side....So...from now on, don't look sad in front of me or don't cry when I’m around because, because I’ll just love you more...” he told her and wipes his tears away.

“Kevin!” he yells as he got up.

“Sir” a servant said and took him up to his room.

Gui Gui stood speechless, 'I’m sorry, I never meant to hurt you...or not accept you...but things can never turn out like what we want them too..' she thought thinking about Li Quan's feelings.

“Sorry,” she said softly and left the Li's mansion.

 

 

 

****

Poor Li Quan! Poor Gui Gui!

I feel bad for both of them. =(