Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life

“Good morning” she greets the nurses on her way to see Wang Zi.

“Changing the flowers again?” one of them ask.

She nodded and head towards the room.

“Good morning” she greets Wang Zi.

Like everyday he sleeps soundly.

“I brought sunflowers today” she said as she puts her things down. “The lilies in here are turning brown, so I brought new flowers, aren't they pretty?” she said as she pulls up her sleeves.

As she cleans the room she tells him about her night and morning.

“Alright, time to clean you” she said as she sat the bowl of water on the table next to his bed.

She soaked the cloth in the warm water and squeezed the water out afterward the cloth was all soaked.

She started from his left hand. Touching his hand she slowly moves her hand by his so that their palms are touching. She then crosses her fingers with his. She sat the cloth down on her lap and uses her other hand to close his hand so that their fingers are crossed. As she stares at their hands tears began to roll down her cheeks.

- - - - - - 

“Can you hear it?” she ask him one evening. “It's raining...our favorite weather...” Gui Gui said as she talks with Wang Zi while doing her homework.. She lifts up her head from her papers and look at Wang Zi, then to the window.

-Flash Back-

“Oh~ it's raining” Gui Gui said as she steps out of the business department. She stood and looks around as everyone departed from the department caring an umbrella away. The rain got heavier as she stood there. She sigh and decided to run for it, but just as she steps out of the building someone came and stood right in front of her. She looks up and smiles.

“Trying to get sick?” Wang Zi smiles at her holding an umbrella over them.

“Darn it, you blew it” she laughs.

“I have too, because I can never let you get sick” he leans in to her.

“Why is that?” she ask.

“Because...” he said and looks away. “Oh I don't know, it'll just be a hassle to take care of you” he smiles at her.

Gui Gui pouts, “Well then, thank you very much but, I’ll take a very good care of myself so that I won't be a hassle for you” she said and was about to leave but he caught her into his arms.

“Sorry,” he said as he hugs her. “Don't be mad, I was just teasing you” he hugs her tighter. “If you step out of the umbrella you'll get wet and will really get sick” he said softly. “You know I love you too much to let you get sick. I’ll be worry, and will feel guilty.”

She smiles, “that's the goal~”

- - - - - - -

-another scene-

“Sounds so peaceful” Wang Zi said as he sleeps on Gui Gui's lap as they listen to the rain falling outside of Wang Zi's apartment. 

Gui Gui gently brushes his eye brows.

“Um~” she said. “But why do you always get to sleep on my lap?”

“Because you love me” he opens his eyes and looks at her.

“Oh~ So you don't love me?” she said pretending to be angry.

He said up quickly. “No, I love you. I love you very much. We both know that” he said looking at her worriedly.

She smiles and quickly lays her head on his lap.

“I know” she smile bigger. “Thanks for loving me” she snuggled herself to a comfortable spot.

“Hey, this is not fair” Wang Zi pout.

“Why?”

“Because you cheated” he argued.

“No I didn't. I just wanted to help you prove how much you love me.”

“Yes, but by cheating” he said and began to tickle her.

“Ah!” she screamed and rolled over to the other space of the bed.

Wang Zi quickly got on top of her and continues to tickle her.

“Say it! Did you cheat?!”

“NO!”

“Say it!” he threats.

“Ah! Stop!” she said struggling to get free from his tickles.

“Not until you admit it.”

“OKAY, OKAY” she said breathless.

Wang Zi stops and sat up. “Say it.”

Gui Gui sat up and fixed her hair.

“NO” she said and ran away from him.

“Hey! Now you did it! I won't let you go this time” he said and chases her.

-End of Flash Back-

- - - - -

-Couple days later-

“Hi Gui Gui” a nurse said. “You haven't been here for a few days. You must have been busy” said Ping Ping (a nurse).

“Yeah” she replies. “How's Wang Zi?”

“Fine, we took a very good care of him” another nurse pops out from behind her.

“Thank you, sorry for causing you all more work to do.”

“What do you mean more work?” said Ping Ping.

“Yeah, it's our job anyways” Ya Ya the other nurse said. “You've just been doing our job for us. You come and take care of him everyday that we don't even have to step into the room unless we are changing his water.”

“~sigh~ You're such a good girlfriend” Ping Ping said.

Gui Gui blushed, “You guys are giving me too much credits” she smiles. “Well, I’m going to see him now, thanks again” she said to them before walking away.

Gui Gui had came to the hospital for so long that she and the nurses there became friends.

“Hello!” she said as she walks in. “How have you been?” she ask.

She sat herself down next to him and held his hand.

“Even without me coming everyday, you're still fighting right?” she said softly.

She touches his thin face and smiles.

“Please wake up soon. I need you...I need you here with me” her voice began to tremble.

She leans down on his hand and began to cry. She cries herself to sleep.

 

 

 

****

Sorry guys, another boring chapter. 

Well, let's hope that Wang Zi wakes up soon. 

Poor Gui Gui :(