Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life


A few days has passed, and Grandpa Wu has finally came back from his long vacation. That day he returned, they had a family reunion. They chatted and shared stories about their different vacations.

“Good night” Aaron and Gui Gui both said to Grandpa Wu as they watch him go up the stairs to his room.

The love birds then went out for a late walk in the flower garden.

Holding hands they slowly walk towards a bench and sat down. But just as they sat down Aaron suddenly got up and walks behind her. He covers her eyes with his hands.

“What are you doing?” she laughs.

“I don't want you to look at the stars” he replies.

“Why not? The stars are very bright tonight.”

“Because...I don't want to see you cry again.”

Gui Gui didn't reply. Instead she removes his hands from covering her eyes and got up.

“Then...I shall not see the stars tonight” she said and smile. “But in return” she said got on the bench. “You'll have to piggy back me back” she said ready for her ride.

Aaron laughs and turns around. “Be-careful” he said as she got on. “And hold on tight” he grins and ran into the house as she laughs and screams.

“Good night” Aaron said as they stood in front of Gui Gui's room. He leans down and gave her a good-night kiss on the lips.

“Good night” Gui Gui replies with a great big smile as she retreats to her room. After watching her close the door Aaron too retreats to his room.

~

“You'll always smile and laugh like that right?” Aaron whispers as he lays on his bed in the dark room. He sigh and closes his eyes.

- - - - - -

“Grandpa” Aaron said as he saw Grandpa Wu heading out the door.

“Yes? Did you need something?” Grandpa Wu turns around and asks Aaron.

“Do you have time to spare?” he ask.

“Of course” Grandpa smile.

“Then...can we talk?”

“Sure, sure, what's on your mind?” he walks towards Aaron.

“A lot” Aaron answers with serious expression.

“Well, I have plenty of time, why don't we head to my office and chat?” Grandpa Wu said and led the way as Aaron follows him.

~

“Eh? Where's everyone?' Gui Gui wonders as she skips her way down the stairs. She peeks in every room of the house but found no one.

Gui Gui walks into the kitchen to make herself some lunch, as it was almost noon.

“Ah~ right, today is Aunt Tsai and the maids day off” Gui Gui quickly remembers as she fixes herself a sandwich.

Carrying her sandwich on a plate, she walks into the living room and sat down to enjoy her lunch. “Where could Aaron be?” she asks herself. “He usually doesn't sleep in this long...” she said and took a bite. “Ah right! There's one more room that I didn't check...” she said and sat her sandwich down. She then slowly head towards her grandfather's work room.

Getting closer and closer to the room Gui Gui heard Aaron's voice, then her grandfather's.

“You'll do what you have to do then” she heard her grandfather said.

“Thank you” she heard Aaron said “For everything.”

“No, I should be the one thanking you. It's because of you I get to see my grand-daughter smile and laugh again. Now, shall we go out for some lunch?” Gui Gui heard them talking. Then the door opens.

Aaron was standing in front of her. He seems to be shock to see her there.

“Gui Gui, what are you doing here?” Aaron asks kind of worried.

“I was just wondering around to see where everyone disappeared to” she smile at him. “What were you guys talking about?” she smile at him.

Aaron then sigh in relief, “Nothing” he smile back at her. “Come, let's go, grandpa is taking us out for lunch” he said and push her out of the door way. Grandpa Wu then follows them.

“But I made myself a sandwich” she said turning her head to look at Aaron who's still pushing her.

“That won't fill you up,” he said as he push her towards the door. “And we're going for pasta” he hints her.

“Wow! Really?!” she said and turns around. “Why didn't you just say that earlier?”

“Because~”

“Okay whatever” she cuts him off. “Come on it's pasta we're having” she said and pulls Aaron's hand in a rush.

Aaron smile as he watches her puts on her shoes.

- - - - - -

“Gui Gui” Aaron said as they got back from lunch.

“Yes?” she said and turns around.

“Let's go on a date tomorrow.”

“A date?! Okay!” she said excited.

“Where do you plan to go?”

“That's a secret” he said and walks towards the house.

“Aw~ come on...then give me a little hint” she said as she ran after him and puts her arm around his.

He shook his head as they walk inside the house.

~

Aaron heard Gui Gui's door opened and decided to go see what she's up to.

“Gui Gui” Aaron said as he saw her walking towards the stairs with her jacket and bag on. “Where are you going?” he asks.

Gui Gui turns around surprised, “Aaron...” she said looking at him. “I'm going to the hospital...I was just thinking...it's been so long since I’ve visit Wang Zi, so I think it's time for me to pay him a visit” she told him.

“I understand” Aaron smile at her. “But it's great that you're going there, I’ve been wanting to go see Dr. Li too, we can go together then” he said and quickly went into his room to grab his stuff. “Let's go” he said as he grabs her hand and leads the way.

Gui Gui looks at Aaron's back with a feeling of guilt. If Aaron didn't caught her, she honestly didn't plan on telling him that she was going to go there. She didn't want him to feel hurt because she wants to go visit Wang Zi, or still think of him or make him think that she still is really in love with Wang Zi. But after seeing Aaron's face, she realize that not telling him the truth, would just make him think of those wrong way more.

- - - - - -

“I'll see you here in an hour then?” Aaron said to Gui Gui as they reached the hospital entrance.

Gui Gui took out her cellphone and looks at the time.

“Okay” she replies.

Aaron smile at her about to leave but she grabs his hand and held him back.

“You're not going to ask me anything?” she ask him.

“If it makes you uncomfortable, I won't ask you anything, and I understand, but most importantly, I trust you” he said assuring her that he's okay with her visiting Wang Zi.

She smile and lets go of his hand. “See you in an hour then” she said and they parted away.

~

“Knock! Knock!” Gui Gui said with a joyful voice as she walks into Wang Zi's room.

“Hi” Gui Gui said as she saw him lying on his bed. “How are you?” she ask him as she sat down beside him. “I told myself not to cry, but every time I see you, my tears are just unstoppable,” she said as she lies her head down beside his hand. “There's so much that I want to say...but...where should I start?” she ask him.

After a few minutes she sniff and sat up. She wipes away her tears and smile at him.

“I really should stop crying now shouldn't I?” she said as she rolls up her sleeves. “If I keep on crying to you, it'll just make you more worried” she said and walks over to the windows to open the blinds. “There now that's better” she said as the sunset light came through the gaps between the blinds.

“Although I’m not coming to see you everyday...you're not giving up hope are you?” she ask as she tidy up his room.

Gui Gui talks to Wang Zi as she dust his room and reorganized things around.

“Seems like Mei Mei had came and visit you everyday” she said seeing Wang Zi's favorite flowers beside his bed. “But that's a good thing” Gui Gui said as she finished touching up his room. She walks towards Wang Zi and sat beside his bed again. “I'll come and see you again” she said as she held his hand and pressed it against her cheek. “Don't give up” she smile at him and left the room.

Just as the door shuts Wang Zi's finger twitched.

Gui Gui walks towards the elevator pressed the elevator button. The door opens and she walks in. But just as the door started to closed a girl holding Wang Zi's favorite flowers walked pass the elevator. Gui Gui who took out her phone to look at the clock didn't noticed her passing.

~

“Did you wait long?” Aaron said surprised to see Gui Gui waiting for him first.

“No,” she said and smile at him. “So shall we go home?” she said as she links her arm with his.

“Mmm” he answers and they head to the bus stop.

Waiting for the bus at the bus stop Aaron glanced at Gui Gui and noticed that she had been crying. He grabs her hand and gently squeezed them.

Feeling his touch Gui Gui turns to look at him, and he returned with a smile.

“Aaron...” Gui Gui said looking at him.

“Hmm?”

“You've been acting weird lately,” she said as she held his hand tighter. “Is there something wrong?”

“No” he quickly answers. “Nothing's wrong, oh~ the bus is here” Aaron said in relief. Gui Gui turns to look at the bus and as she did Aaron sigh.

Sitting by the window Gui Gui leans over to Aaron's shoulder and hooks her arm around his. Aaron who was watching for their stop turns and looks at her, he then looks out the window and saw rain drops hitting the bus's window.

“It's raining” Gui Gui said softly.

“You don't like raining days?” Aaron ask as he leans his head onto hers.

“I don't hate raining days but at the same time...I also don't like it much.”

“Why is that?”

“Sometimes raining days makes me smile, but sometimes raining days just causes me pain...” she answers him leaving him with and questioned marked face. “Did I ever told you that raining days was Wang Zi's and my special day?” 

 

 

 

****

Updated! XD