Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life

“Good morning!” happy Aaron skip down the hall greeting doctors and nurses.

“Aaron, no skipping down the hall” a nurse told him as he skips by.

“Yes, ma'am” he said, but still continues to skip anyway. He was on his way to see Gui Gui in the ICU rooms.

“Good morning Aaron,” Ping Ping said as he skips by. “Aaron are you going to find Gui Gui?” she ask.

Aaron stops and turns back, “Um hmm.”

“She already left” Ping Ping told him.

“She already left?!” he said surprised. “Why?”

“I'm not sure, after cleaning Wang Zi she left” Ping Ping said.

“Oh~ well thank you” he said and slowly walks back.

“Don't worry, I’m sure she'll come back tonight” she assure him.

He turns around and smiles, “Of course, she'll come back later” he said and skips away.

Ping Ping watch as he goes and shook her head as she laughs.

~

“Aaron Ge Ge,” he heard Joanne called out his name.

Aaron stops and turns down the hall. Before he knew it, the girl who just called his name ran and hugs him tightly.

Aaron looks at her awkwardly, “Joanne, what's wrong?” he ask as he tries to look at her face but she just hugs him tighter.

“I like you” she said. “I really really like you.”

There was a long silence, before Aaron broke it with his laughter.

Joanne slowly pulls away and looks at him mad.

“Why are you laughing? I’m confessing here!” she said angrier.

“Because, you're just too cute” he said as he looks at her.

She looks away embarrassed.

He touches her head and smiles. “Joanne, I like you too” he said.

She quickly turns and looks at him. Her eyes shinny brightly, happiness filled her from top to bottom.

“But, I only like you as a little sister” he said in a serious but soft tone.

Her facial expression suddenly changed. She brushed Aaron's hand off her head as tears forms in her eyes.

“Today is my last day here” she changed the topic. “I'm leaving...I just came to tell you that” she said and looks down at her shoes. “I’ll be going now” she said and turns around. Tears ran down her face as she walks away.

“Joanne” Aaron calls after her.

She stopped but didn't turn back.

“It was nice knowing you. If we don't see each other again...have a good life” he told her.

More tears came down her face as she listens to his words. A little smile sneaks up her lips, then she walks away without turning back.

- - - - -

-2 weeks later-

“Gui Gui!” Aaron called out her name loudly as he sees her enters the hospital.

Everyone looks at him and gave him an evil look.

He looks at them embarrassingly and apologizes.

Gui Gui look at him and smiles.

He quickly ran over and hugs her.

“Wow haven't seen you in the longest time!” he said happily.

She quickly pushed him away.

“What's wrong?” he gave her a confused look.

“Nothing,” she said avoiding his eyes. “I'm going to go now. It's nice seeing you again” she said and was about to walk away but Aaron caught her hand.

“That's it?” he ask with a smile. She turns back and looks at him. “After not seeing me for 2 weeks all you say to your friend is “It's nice seeing you again?”” he said in a disappointed tone. “Well because I’m Aaron, I’m not going to let you get away that easily” he smiles. “I think it's time we talk.”

Gui Gui pulls her hand away.

“Sorry, but I don't have time” she said and turns around.

Aaron puts his hands on his hip and smiles as he watch her walks away. He sigh and ran after her. He grabs her hand and steps in front of her to stop her.

“Gui Gui, we have to talk” he said and pulls her behind him. But she pulls her hand away again and quickly walks the other direction.

Aaron smiles and ran after her. This time he grips her risk tighter.

“Sorry, you made me do this” he said and carries her like a bride.

“Ah~!” Gui Gui yelled in surprise. “What are you doing?” she said as she struggles to get down.

“Be a good girl and hold on tight” he smiles.

“What do you m~” before Gui Gui could finish, Aaron ran through the hospital.

Scared and embarrassed Gui Gui held him tightly around his neck and buries her face by his shoulder.

Aaron ran happily feeling his heart pounding in joy.

- - - - - -

“Aaron! Did you really have to do that?” Gui Gui said madly.

They were now on the rooftop, the same roof that they both first met.

Aaron looks at her and chuckles, “You're quite cute when you're angry” he said and looks away.

“Hey! I’m being serious here” she said angrier.

“Okay, I’m sorry for laughing, and I’m sorry for carrying you” he said still giggling.

She gave him an annoyed look and head towards the door.

Before she could open the door, he quickly blocks her, and stood in front of the door.

“You can't go yet” he said looking right at her. “Because we still have to talk.”

“About what?”

“You've been avoiding me haven't you?” he ask in a serious tone.

She looks away from him, “Why would I avoid you?”

“Because of what happened between us that day.”

Just saying that she knew exactly what he meant.

He was right, she was avoiding him. Having him stand in front of her asking her straight forward made her guilt grew bigger.

“You don't have to avoid me, because it was an accident. That kiss, all it was, was just an accident” he repeats what she had told Wang Zi that day it happened. “I also hope that you won't avoid me...because you're my friend, not just my friend, but my bestfriend. Since I’ve been here you're the closest person that I’ve gotten to...so...please don't avoid me, hmm?”

Without a word Gui Gui pushed him aside and ran into the hospital.

“What...is this suppose to mean?” he ask himself.

- - - -

In a stall in the ladies room Gui Gui leans up against the door and cried silently.

 

 

 

****

Updated

=)