Treasure of Life

Treasure of Life


-One week later-

“I'm home!” Grandpa Wu calls through the door.

“Lao Ye!” Aunt Tsai said with a happy face.

“My you look happy to see me home” he said happily.

“No, no, it's not that” she said in a whisper tone now.

“So you're not happy that I’m home?”

“Ahya, follow me” she said and pulls Grandpa Wu behind her.

“Look” she said as they stood by the door that goes into the kitchen.

Grandpa Wu looks at her and then looks into the kitchen through the window on the door.

“Ah~” Gui Gui said feeding Aaron a piece of pasta.

“Mmm” he replies. “It's good” he said as he stir the sauce. “Try this for me” he said as he took a little of the sauce and blew on it before feeding it to her.

“Yummy!” she replies.

Grandpa Wu smiles and looks at Aunt Tsai.

“Let's go and wait for the good stuff” he whispers and they went to the living room.

~

“When did they became so close?” Grandpa Wu ask Aunt Tsai.

“Just about a few days ago” she replies. “They were really shy at first, but now it seems like they're more comfortable with each other.”

“That's good, so my time away paid off” he smile satisfied.

“Dinner's ready!” Gui Gui yells from the dinning room.

“Oh boy! Can't wait to eat the pasta made from love” Grandpa Wu said excited and got up.

~

“Eh? Grandpa you're back” Gui Gui said surprise seeing her grandpa walking into the dinning room.

“Welcome back” Aaron said politely.

“I'll only be home for a few days” he answer looking at them both.

“Why?” Gui Gui ask confused as she serves the pasta.

“I've decided to go on a long vacation” he smile.

“Awww~without me?” Gui Gui pouts as she sat down in her seat.

“Don't worry, I’ve got a trip planed for the two of you too” he looks at Aaron and winks at him.

“What?!” Gui Gui and Aaron said surprised.

“You're kidding right” Gui Gui laughs as she eats her pasta.

“No kidding” Grandpa Wu said mouth full. “Mmmm! This is very delicious” he said pointing at his plate of pasta. “They say food made from the heart tastes the best. I guess it is true” he continues to eat.

Aaron and Gui Gui looks at each other and blushed.

“So grandpa, where are you going for your vacation?” Aaron ask.

“Canada” he answers. “And for you two, Pingtung” he said as he wipes his mouth.

Gui Gui looks at Aaron and smile at him. He looks at her and smile back. Grandpa looks at them both and smile, but then pretend that he didn't see or know anything that's going on between them.

- - - - -

Gui Gui and Aaron laugh softly at each other as they both came out of their rooms at the same time.

“Shhh” Gui Gui puts her pointer finger by her lips. Aaron nodded. They closed their door and sneak out onto the balcony.

~

“We'll be going on a trip in a few days” Gui Gui said happy. “This will be an interesting trip!” she said as she stood in Aaron's arm.

“I think so too,” he said holding her tighter in his arms as they stood on the balcony looking at the stars in the night sky. “But don't you think that it is weird? Why would grandpa let us go on a trip all by ourselves?”

“That is weird” Gui Gui agrees. “But don't you like it this way? Just the two of us?” she ask him.

“I do, I do” he answers quickly. “Of course I do.”

Gui Gui smiles and turns around to face him.

“Really?” she gave him a look.

“Really.”

“Alright,” she said as she fixes his hair. “We shouldn't stay out too long, we'll catch a cold” she said looking at him.

“But I want to stay with you longer” he pulls her closer to him.

“Okay, but just a little longer.”

He nodded.

She then turns around and they gaze at the stars.

At the door Grandpa Wu watched them enjoying himself.

- - - - –

-Three days later-

“You two behave on your trip” Grandpa Wu said to the two kids before leaving for his trip.

“Yes grandpa” they both answer walking him to the car.

“Aaron, I’m relying on you to take care of my grand-daughter” he pats Aaron's shoulder.

“I won't let you down grandpa” Aaron answers.

“Good,” he said as Aaron opens the door for him.

“Xiao Ying, you look after him too, he could just walk off and get lost” Grandpa Wu said as he got into the car.

“Yes sir,” Gui Gui said as Aaron closes the door.

“You two have fun” he said as he put down his window.

“You too” Gui Gui said as they waved to him as the car slowly move out towards the road.

As soon as they car disappear they both went inside and packed their bags.

~

Knock! Knock!

“Come in” Aaron said still packing his bag.

Gui Gui opens the door and walks in.

“Wow, are you done already?” Aaron ask her.

She nodded.

“Where are you going?” he ask seeing her carrying her bag.

“Aaron...I want to go see Wang Zi before we leave tomorrow” Gui Gui said to him nervously.

“Alright, why don't we go together then?”

“...okay” she answer. “I'll be waiting for you downstairs” she said and walks out of his room.

Aaron watches her as she walks out of his room and had the feeling of Gui Gui not wanting him to go with her.

~

“Okay, let's go” Aaron said walking towards Gui Gui who's at the door.

She smile at him and left the house holding hands.

- - - - -

-The hospital-

“Gui Gui, you go see Wang Zi, I want to go see Dr. Li” Aaron said as they reach the elevator.

“Oh~ okay, meet you back here in thirty minutes then?”

“Okay, thirty minutes” he said and kisses her on the forehead before walking away.

“Hi!” Aaron waves at the doctors with a big smile.

Gui Gui sigh and presses the elevator button. She got in and went up the floors.

Aaron turns around and sigh too. He didn't want to let her go alone, but he had a feeling that she wanted to go see Wang Zi alone.

~

Gui Gui slowly opens the door and walks in to see Wang Zi. And just as she saw him tears started to fall down her cheeks.

“Hello!” she said with a joyful tone wiping her tears away. “How have you been?” she ask as she walks over and sat on the chair beside his bed.

“So, should we start with cleaning you up first?” she said and puts her bag down. She walks into the bathroom and came back with a bucket of water and a white towel.

“I...I told myself that I wouldn't cry, but I guess... I couldn't do it” she smile at him as she wipes his hands.

“Why?” she ask as if he was asking her.

“Because we didn't officially break up yet, I feel guilty for moving on...” she said wiping her tears again. 'And that guilt will always lie within me.'

~

“Sorry, did you wait long?” Gui Gui ask as she was fifteen minutes late.

“No, I just got here too” Aaron lied. “Shall we go then?”

She nods and grabs onto his arm.

- - - - -

Aaron and Gui Gui sat down excited as they sat in the train heading to Pingtung.

“Aaron” Gui Gui said as she turns to face him.

“Yes?” he ask.

“We should make a list of things to do when we get down there” she said as she opens a notebook and took out a pen ready to jot down ideas.

“We should go check in at the hotel first” he said joked. “Just to drop off our luggage, then we should go to the beach and swim in the ocean! It'll be so fun! We can also go snorkeling, and go to the aquarium, and eat a lot of fresh fish and go to the water parks, and-”

“Okay, okay, slow down will you?” she laughs trying to catch up with his mouth.

“Oh~ sorry” he said and waits for her to finish writing what he just said.

As he waits he looks at her and his smile slowly disappears. He wanted to ask her about yesterday, he wanted to ask her why she cried, but at the same time he didn't have the heart to ask her.

“Okay! Next!” she said and looks at Aaron who smiles again.

~

During their three hours trip riding on the train down south they played games, ate, and slept along the way until they have finally reached their stop.

“Careful” Aaron said as he got down first and held her hand helping her off the train. They smile at each other and held hand walking out of the station.

They got into the taxi and head off to the hotel first as it was listed on their to dolist.

“Are you tired?” Gui Gui ask Aaron as she leans on him.

“I'm never tired when I’m with you” he replies.

“Liar” she said and lets a a soft laugh.

He smile and leans his head on her's, “Are you tired? It was a long trip” he ask.

“Just a little bit” she answer honestly.

“Then when we get to the hotel, you should go rest.”

“Okay, you too” she said and snuggles in more to him.

After a few more minutes they've reached the hotel. It was a five star hotel.

“Wow! It's so nice!” Gui Gui said standing out in the balcony getting some fresh air.

“It's beautiful here” Aaron said standing on the balcony next to her's.

“Indeed, grandpa sure knows how to pick a good hotel with a gorgeous view” she smile and looks at him.

“Sure he does” he agrees.

“Well then, I’ll follow your orders and go get some rest” she said and heads into her room as he was about to say something.

As Gui Gui didn't return Aaron too went into his room.

“Or do you want to rest with me?” Gui Gui ask as she opens the door that connects their rooms.

“Whoa! So this is what this door is for” he said amazed as he walks towards her.

“Do you want to rest with me?” Gui Gui ask again.

He looks at her with puppy eyes. “May I?”

She smile and pinches his cheeks, “You may” she said and opens the door widely to welcome him into her room.

He walks in and was amazed too. “It's the total opposite of my room!”

She laughs as she digs into her luggage for some clothes to change into and head into the bathroom. She came back out and walks over to her bed and lies down.

“Good night” she said and closes her eyes.

“You're going to sleep?”

“Nap, I’m going to nap for just a little bit” she said still with her eyes closed.

“Then what about me?”

“Watch TV, or read a book, or you can nap with me too.”

“Okay! Option 3 then” he said and jumps onto her bed making her open her eyes in shock.

“Boo” he said looking into her eyes. He was lying down next to her and facing her.

She smile and puts her hand over his eyes.

“Sleep” she said softly as she closes her eyes again.

He removes her hand from his eyes and looks at her.

“You're really going to nap?” he ask in a cute voice.

She nodded.

“Then I’ll watch you nap” he said happily.

“Mmm” she replies in a tired voice.

Aaron watch her fall asleep and soon he too fell asleep. They both fell asleep facing each other.

- - - - - -

“This is the night market!” Gui Gui said to Aaron as they stood at one end of the night market.

“Looks fun.”

“Come, let's go eat a lot of food, I’m starving” she said and leads the way. But quickly stops and turns around which made Aaron almost run into her.

“Almost forgot, you get lost easily” she said and crosses their hands. “Tonight, I’ll make sure that you're full. When we go back I guarantee that you won't have an empty stomach. As you're girlfriend now, I’ll take care of you until the day we split up.”

“But~ that day will never happen. No, I won't let it happen” he said confidently.

“OH~ you seem to be so sure.”

He smile at her and pinches her cheeks. “Why not?”

“I don't know” she said and looks away. “OMG! Let's go eat this!” she said and pulls him behind her.

He didn't feel good about what she just said, many questions came into his mind that he wanted to ask her, but he kept his lips shut tight and decided to enjoy the night. And so they did, they ate a lot of food, bought some gifts and played a lot of games. Their first night of the trip, was a night to remember. It was like their first date.

 

 

 

 

****

(0.o) hehe, they're on a trip alone...what can possibly happend?