Finale

A Love She Deserves (Tabisan/Daragon)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara was busy cleaning up the tables in preparation for the opening of the restaurant. Se Kyung came out of the kitchen and approaches her.

 

“Ah In and Ricardo are not back yet?” she asked, “The restaurant will open in an hour”

 

“They are picking up the meat orders. Ah In Oppa asked Ramon to get the vegetables. That was an hour ago so they will be back by now,” Dara explains as she arranged the chairs. Se Kyung rolled her eyes. “I told Yeobo to let Ramon and Ricardo do the grocery shopping.” She paused, “The table napkins are ready. You can arrange them by tables now,”

 

“Yes, I’ll get it in a while,” Dara said. Se Kyung went back to the kitchen as Dara checks the beverages in the fridge. She went to the backroom and gets the napkins on the napkin holder. She placed one napkin holder on each table.

 

Dara is arranging the utensils when someone enters the restaurant.

 

“Sorry but we’re not---“Dara stops speaking when he saw who’s the person who enters the restaurant. It was Seung Hyun. Dara blinks a few times, thinking that it was a dream. Is he really Choi Seung Hyun? This man wearing a comfortable white and gray stripes polo shirt, jeans, and shoes, his hair is down that looks soft, and he’s smiling brightly at her. Dara was scared that he’s just a dream because she will surely cry if she wakes up and he’s gone.

 

“Hello, Dara,” Seung Hyun said. Dara let go of the spoon she’s holding and runs towards Seung Hyun. Seung Hyun opens his arms at her and Dara embraces him. Seung Hyun hugs her back.

 

“I miss you,” Dara whispers as she buries her face on the crook of Seung Hyun’s neck. Seung Hyun holds her tight and closes his eyes.

 

“I miss you, too, love,” he said.

 

Se Kyung came out of the kitchen, “Dara, what happened? Are you okay?” she asked before seeing Seung Hyun. Seung Hyun opens his eyes and looks at Se Kyung. Se Kyung smiles at her friend and he returns her smile.

 

“Please tell me that this isn’t a dream,” Dara said. Seung Hyun looks at Dara. He can feel that she’s crying. He raised his one hand and holds Dara’s chin. He tilts her head up and saw that she is crying. Seung Hyun smiles at her. “I’m not a dream, Dara. I’m here,” he said before wiping her tear-tainted cheek. He places his hand on her jaw and kisses her forehead. Dara closes her eyes.

 

“We’ll never be apart again,” he said.

 

Ah In and Ricardo went in and saw Seung Hyun and Dara. Ah In gave the plastic bag he’s carrying to Ricardo and Ricardo excuses himself to the kitchen.

 

“Yeobo,” Se Kyung said. Seung Hyun looks behind him and saw Ah In. He carefully let go of Dara before facing Ah In. Se Kyung approaches her husband. “Seung Hyun, this is my husband, Yoo Ah In. Yeobo, this is Choi Seung Hyun, my best friend,” she said.

 

“It’s good to finally meet you, Seung Hyun,” Ah In bows to him. Seung Hyun bows back before holding Dara’s hand. “Nice to meet you, too.”

 

“Can I have a hug now?” Se Kyung asks Seung Hyun. Seung Hyun chuckles and gave her a hug without letting go of Dara’s hand. Then, Seung Hyun looks at Dara. “Stop crying, love. Se Kyung and Ah In might think I’m hurting you,” he said. Dara holds Seung Hyun’s arm. “Sorry, I’m just too happy that you are here,”

 

“Have seat Seung Hyun. Would you love some drinks? Beer, wine, water?” Ah In asks.

 

“Water will do,” Seung Hyun smiles. Se Kyung directs him and Dara on a four-chair table. Dara and Seung Hyun sat together while Se Kyung sat across them.

 

“When did you arrive?” Se Kyung asks.

 

“Last night. I was tired so I sleep after a quick dinner at the restaurant in front of the place I’m staying,” Seung Hyun explains, and then he looks at Dara who’s still staring at him. Seung Hyun smiles, “Enjoying your vacation?” he amusingly asks.

 

Dara blushes, “Yeah, especially here in Garachico,” she mutters. Seung Hyun nodded before holding her hands again, “I’m glad you’re having fun,”

 

Ah In came back with four bottles of water. He sat down beside his wife. “Where are you staying now, Seung Hyun?” Ah In inquires.

 

“That hotel near that the plaza,” he said.

 

Ah In nodded, “It’s a good place but we have an extra room, you can stay with us while you’re here,”

 

“Better yet,” Se Kyung chimes in, “Stay with Dara since her bed is big enough for the two of you,” Se Kyung smugly said. Dara blushes more as Seung Hyun pinches the bridge of his nose while avoiding Se Kyung’s eyes.

 

“Excuse my wife, she’s talking nonsense,” Ah In apologizes.

 

“It’s okay. She really has a weird sense of humor,” Seung Hyun clears his throat, “If it wouldn’t be a burden, I would like to stay with Dara,” Seung Hyun said in a casual tone.

 

Se Kyung claps her hands together, “Perfect! That’s okay with you, right?” she’s staring at Dara.

 

“Yeah, that’s okay with me,” she whispers. Seung Hyun squeezes her hand and it made her look up to him. Seung Hyun looks at her with adoration while smiling at her.

 

“Now that everything is settled, why don’t we have an early lunch and after it, Dara, go with Seung Hyun and show her around the town,” Ah In said.

 

Dara blinks, “How about the restaurant?”

 

“We can manage, Dara. Just enjoy the day with Seung Hyun,” Se Kyung assures her. Dara smiles at Se Kyung. Se Kyung is happy, because this time, Dara is smiling and genuinely happy.

 

After a while, Ah In serves their early lunch and has a meal together. Dara and Seung Hyun went back to how they are together. With Dara taking care of him and Seung Hyun adoring her.

 

After their meal, Dara and Seung Hyun spend the day together. They went to the tourist spot within the town before going to Seung Hyun’s hotel so he can get his stuff and check out.

 

Dara brought Seung Hyun back to Se Kyung and Ah In’s home. They were in the living room, sitting at the couch while holding each other’s hands. Dara is looking at their entwined hands while Seung Hyun is staring at Dara.

 

“You keep on holding on to me. Are you okay?” he asks.

 

Dara looks up to him and smiles, “I just can’t believe that you’re here with me,”

 

“Me either. Thank God for the picture that Se Kyung sent to me.” He leans closer to Dara, “Your smile there wasn’t your media smile,”

 

Dara giggles, “Media smile?”

 

Seung Hyun leans back, “The smile that you used in red carpets, interviews and photo shoots; you’re smiling happily in the picture that Se Kyung sent,” he smiles. Dara loves it when Seung Hyun smiles.

 

“You have media smile too,” she jokingly said.

 

He scoffs, “I rarely smile in public. I have an image to uphold,” he grins. Dara giggles before she sighs heavily. “I miss you so much,” she says.

 

“I miss you too. I’m sorry that it took Se Kyung’s message before I find you,” he apologizes. Dara shook her head, “No, I should be the one apologizing. I’m sorry for not coming back to you after my treatment,”

 

“I understand that. I told you I will wait, right? The two years that we’ve been apart did something good to you. You’re a well-known fiction writer now,” he squeezes her hand, “I’m so proud of you,”

 

“Thank you,” she timidly said, “Thank you for coming here. To be completely honest with you, I’m still scared of what will happen if I go back to you. But seeing you in the restaurant, realization hits me hard. Se Kyung and Ah In helped me in realizing stuff too. I have you and that’s more than enough reason for me to be brave and fight my fears about the future,”

 

Seung Hyun scoots closer, raised her hand near his face, and kisses he back of her palm, “You will always have me, Dara. And whenever you feel scared or anxious, just tell me and I will be there for you,” he said before kissing her cheek. Dara blushes before resting her forehead on Seung Hyun’s shoulder. Seung Hyun let go of her hand and places his arm on her shoulder.

 

“Are we back together?” he asks.

 

Dara wraps her arms around Seung Hyun’s waist. She nods and smiles, “Yes,” she says.

 

---

 

The next day, Seung Hyun told Se Kyung, Ah In, and Dara that he wanted to stay with them until the end of his leave, which is a month and 5 days from that day. Dara feels excited about spending time with Seung Hyun. Se Kyung then asks Seung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter