Haru's Birthday Party

A Love She Deserves (Tabisan/Daragon)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A day before Haru's birthday, Dara is staring blankly in front of her. She found out last night that Hyo Rin will arrive this day. She doesn't understand but she doesn't want to meet her. She knows that Young Bae wants her to meet Hyo Rin but she doesn't know how to react if she meets his wife-to-be. She wanted to make a reason for not meeting her but Young Bae said that she's looking forward to meeting her. Dara decided to let fate decide for her. After all, she's going to be a part of the Dong Family.

She shakes her head and patted her cheeks. "Park Sandara, pull yourself together! He's your best friend. Be happy for him."

She released a huge sigh and pick up the documents that she needs to deliver to each department head. She hurriedly does her chores.

As she finishing up, her phone rings. It was a video call from Young Bae. She stops on the 5th-floor lobby and sat down. She answered his call.

"Young Bae-ah, why? I'm working." She said as she smiled at him. She can see Young Bae and he was in some kind of a building lobby. Suddenly, a woman appears beside him. "Dara-yah, Hyo Rin is here!"

"Hi, Dara-ssi." said the woman who is Hyo Rin. Dara feels like she was punched on her chest. She's beautiful and she looks nice. She avoids checking Young Bae's SNS accounts to avoid seeing this woman. She smiled awkwardly and waved at them. "Oh, hi, Hyo Rin," she said.

Hyo Rin smiles sweetly at her. "I can't wait to meet you soon, Dara. Are you having dinner with us tonight?" Hyo Rin asked in fluent Korean.

"We will have dinner later. Mom, Seon Woong, and Hye Jung are coming. Seon Woong is coming from the TV station. Go along with him, okay?" Young Bae said as he wraps his arm on Hyo Rin's shoulder and she leans her head on his shoulder.

"Ohhh... I don't know. I have some stuff to do tonight. I might finish late again." She said sadly.

Hyo Rin pouts "That's sad. How about tomorrow? You'll be at Haru's birthday, right?"

"Ahh... Y-yes," she answered.

"Okay. See you tomorrow, Dara. I have a lot of questions about Young Bae and I know you're the only person who knows him too well."

Both Hyo Rin and Young Bae waved goodbye at her and the call ended. Dara cupped her face. Even she avoids Hyo Rin now, she will meet her tomorrow at Haru's birthday.

"Yah, Park Sandara. You're stupid! Why didn't you dated anyone all these years? You're not having this problem if you dated someone and you can bring a date tomorrow." she told herself.

"You need a date?"

Dara looks up and saw Kwon Ji Yong. Dara stood up and smiled awkwardly at him. "Kwon Ji Yong-ssi. Hello." She bows at him.

"Are you okay? You're talking to yourself about bringing a date tomorrow." he points out. Dara sighs. "It's nothing. It's just..." Dara doesn't know what to say.

"Do you want to talk about it? I'm free now." he offers. Dara picked up some folders she place on the sofa she was sitting. "I still need to deliver this and it's my work time." Ji Yong nodded. "How about after work? Let's have dinner."

Dara thinks about it for a while. If she agrees, she will have a reason not to go to the dinner with the Dong Family. If she didn't, she has nothing to do. "Okay. I'll meet you in the lobby at 6 pm"

"Okay. I'll be there." Ji Yong said and smiles at her.

She nods at him and she went back in delivering paperwork.

---

After her work, she meets Ji Yong in the lobby. She found out that he was alone and sends his staff home. They went to the parking lot. She didn't have his car because she lends it to Young Bae. She was surprised when she saw Ji Yong's car. It's a black Maserati GranTurismo. Ji Yong opens the passenger's seat door for her and she goes in. He closes the door and went to the driver's side.

Ji Yong chooses a cozy restaurant. It was in a not-so-crowded street and it was dim-lit so it has a private ambiance. Ji Yong ordered the specials for them.

"So, can you tell me what's bothering you?" he asked. Dara sighs. "I was supposed to be in a dinner with my family tonight but I didn't want to go," she muttered.

"Why?"

"Young Bae Oppa's girlfriend will be there." she looked down her lap. Ji Yong automatically gets it. So, he asked her, "Do you have feelings with Young Bae?"

She nodded. "I didn't mean to. We're childhood friends and we grew up together. He liked me too back then but I rejected him because I was scared that if we become a couple and break up, I might lose the Dong Family too. They are the only family I have since my parents died. But, for seven years that Young Bae Oppa was away, I was hoping that he will return someday and still wants me. That maybe when that time comes, I will be brave enough to take a risk and be with him." She patted her cheeks frustratedly. "Ahhh! I'm so stupid."

"You're not. You're just a woman who likes a man. But honestly, you can't run away in meeting her. You said you want to keep being a part of their family. She will be a part of your family soon. Do you have any plan of winning Young Bae back?"

'Please say no.' Ji Yong thought.

"No, he's happy and he already moved on with me. And I want him to be happy. If Hyo Rin makes him happy, then I will support them." she stated. Ji Yong sighs in relief.

"If you treat him as your best friend, you should know the person he's dating, right? For Young Bae's sake, meet her and get to know a little bit about her."

Their food arrived and they start eating. Ji Yong noticed that Dara still looked sad. So, he decided to make her smile.

"Dara-yah."

She looked at Ji Yong.

"What noise does a toaster make?" he asked. Dara tilts her head. "What?"

"빵!" (Bbang) he said loudly.

Dara stares at Ji Yong for a while. Just then, she smiles widely at him. "Ohh! 빵!" then she giggled. Ji Yong laughs along with her.

"I have another one. What should you do if a watermelon sues you?"

Still smiling, she replies, "What?"

"수박." (Soo Bak)

Then, Dara laughs at him. Ji Yong was satisfied. He made her laugh.

"Yah. You should stick to acting." Dara said. "This is bad for your image."

"At least I made you smile," he said casually as he looks at her. Dara smiles at him.

Ji Yong took a sip of his drink then asked her, "So, how about tomorrow? Will you be okay to meet her?" Dara remains quiet for a while before she speaks. "It's inevitable that we will meet as soon as possible. It's better to meet her sooner than later."

"True. How about your date tomorrow? Do you have one?"

She shook her head. "I don't. But Seon Woong Oppa and Hye Jung will keep me accompany."

"Or, you can bring me instead," he suggested. Dara laughs. "You? Are you serious? It's not an extravagant party. It's a children's party."

"So? I like children. And besides, Young Bae is my fan, along with his girlfriend. I bet they will be happy if I'm there."

Dara looks at him quizzically. "Aren't you busy?"

"I'm free tomorrow and Sunday. I will either go to the gym or eat out. I want to do something new." he shrugged and took a bite of his food. "Like attending a children's party?" she asked. He answered straightforwardly. "As your date, yes."

Dara thinks for a while. Knowing how busy Ji Yong, she thought it will be a 50/50 chance that he will come. So she answ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter