Home is where the heart is

A Love She Deserves (Tabisan/Daragon)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara comes out of Mi Kyung's room after she gave her medicine. She went down to put the glass back to the kitchen when he heard Seon Woong talking to someone. She put the glass away and went to the living area. When she got there, Young Bae is standing there, carrying a backpack and a piece of luggage on his side. His eyes are all teary.

"Calm yourself down. Don't show yourself weak in front of mom. It will stress her. She's sleeping by now. You rest too and wake up early so you can see her." Seon Woong said in a tense voice.

Young Bae nodded his head and wipes his tears away. Then someone caught his eyes. It was Dara standing a few feet away from them. On what Seon Woong told him since Mi Kyung fainted, Dara is stressed about the situation. She's always late to sleep and early to wake up. He was thankful when she stayed with Kwon Ji Yong for three nights. Ji Yong said she fell asleep early with him but tends to wake up in the middle of the night, worrying about their Mom.

Seon Woong nods his head towards Dara. Young Bae walks towards her and stops an arm away from her.

"Hi," he said.

Dara smiles weakly. "Hello." Young Bae smiles back at her. "Are you okay? It seems like you lose some weights since the last time I saw you."

She laughs. "Maybe my diet plan really works." He nodded. Suddenly, he hugs her. At that moment, Dara feels vulnerable.

"You did great, Dara-yah. I'm here now." Young Bae said to her. Dara suddenly burst into tears. She's holding up herself for so long that she wanted to cry but she can't. She needs to be strong. She's so scared of losing another parent. Young Bae patted her back to calm her down.

Seon Woong is watching them in tears. He understands them. They practically grew up together. They once fell in love with each other but being a family is more important than anything to them.

The next day, Mi Kyung is happy to see Young Bae when she woke up. Her son has a huge smile on his face. He even teases her that Hyo Rin bought some makeup for her so she could get more beautiful. She's really thankful that her son is there for her.

Seon Woong went back to work as Hye Jung and Young Bae takes a turn to take care of her during the day and Dara and Seon Woong take care of her by night. Hyo Rin calls her mother-in-law from time to time to check on her.

Dara has been checking some places that Ji Yong's agent recommended. Nothing appeals to her yet but her agent is very patient in looking for a rental apartment for her.

It's the weekend. They are having breakfast together. Haru finished fast so she went to her room to play. Mi Kyung is having less salt chicken soup because she can't take too spicy and heavy food.

"Seon Woong-ah" Mi Kyung calls her son.

"Yes, Mom?"

She sighs. "I will sell the house and stay here with you," she said calmly. They are all glad that she will sell the house. "But in one condition."

They are all curious. "What is it, Mom?" Seon Woong asks.

"I want a portion of it to be used to buy Dara a new home," she said sternly. Aside from Dara, they are expecting this from her. She loves Dara so much like her own daughter and she worries for her dearly.

"Mom, you don't have to do that. I'm looking now for my own place. I'm talking to someone now to find a place to rent in. Ji Yong is helping me." Dara defends. Mi Kyung smiles at her daughter. "Then use the money to buy your own place. The remainder of it plus the sales of the stuff I own and my money on the bank will be split for Seon Woong and Young Bae."

"Mom, we don't need it." Young Bae said.

"I can't bring it to my grave. Just save the money for your children's future," she said nonchalantly. Seon Woong and Young Bae feel bitter that their mother already accepted that she will be gone soon.

"Hye Jung-ah?" Mi Kyung calls her daughter-in-law.

"Yes, Mom?" she answered.

"Call Atty. Im. Set a meeting with her as soon as possible. I want to settle this stuff before it's too late. If you have time, help Dara finding a new home. Make sure that it's a good place and safe. I don't want to face her parents in heaven knowing that I didn't do something for their daughter." she looks at Dara. "They would want this for you."

Dara sighs. She can't say no to her after she said that.

"Yes, Mom. I'll call her later to set an appointment." Hye Jung said as she smiles at her mother-in-law.

"This soup doesn't please me. Why can't I have kimchi soup?" Mi Kyung asks her son.

"Mom, your stomach can't handle spicy food. You should follow a diet." Seon Woong points out.

Mi Kyung sighs. "I would love some lemon tarts if I can't have kimchi soup." she frowns and took a spoonful of her soup.

"I'll buy some, Mom," Dara said happily. Mi Kyung smiles and nodded. "Sure, child. And I would love it if you also buy a strawberry cake so Haru and I can eat it together."

"I'll go with you." Young Bae tells Dara. She agrees.

"Yah! Buy me extra lemon tarts, okay?" Seon Woong said. Hye Jung slaps her husband's arm. "Yah! It's for Mom! You and your tart obsession!" she huffed and drink some water. Seon Woong wraps his arms around her. "I'm more obsess with you," he said cutely to his wife.

"Ohhh! It's disgusting when he acts like that. Ohh!" Young Bae said while looking disgusted. Seon Woong glares at him. Hye Jung, Dara, and Mi Kyung laugh as they continue to eat.

---

"Have you found a place?" Young Bae asks as they walk on the street of Gangnam.

"I haven't yet. My agent's recommendations are near KEBN but I feel like I still want to stay in the Mapo-gu area." Dara said. Young Bae nods. "It's really hard to leave the place you grow up to." Young Bae said.

"Oppa, let's do our best to make Mom happy. When she laughs when you tease Seon Woong Oppa, it was so precious. It's like I was brought back to the time where we're still in college and Mom will cook us dinner and wait for Seon Woong Oppa to come home."

Young Bae sighs. "I know. I want her to be happy. Seeing her happy is a good memory for all of us. I just hope she lives longer than what Doctor said." he paused. "Hyo Rin and I are trying to have a baby."

Dara looks at Young Bae. "Really?"

He nods. "Yes. But our work stresses us a lot. The doctor said we need to calm down and avoid stress so we can have a baby. Our body is in good condition but stress is the factor why we still haven't had a baby now."

"Hyo Rin must be disappointed," she muttered.

"Both of us do. We want to have a child so Mom can see our child before she leaves." Young Bae looks gloomy. Dara holds on to his arm. "Young Bae-yah, it's Mom. Having you and Seon Woong Oppa is more than enough for her." Young Bae smiles and nodded.

"By the way, when will Ji Yong come back to Korea?" he asks.

"This coming week, I think. He didn't tell me what date though." she frowns. Young Bae smiles. "You miss him?"

She nodded. "He has never been away for two weeks before. But I'm glad that his career is going well. I don't want his fans to think that I'm stopping him for being successful."

"I think it's the opposite. You inspire him a lot that he's doing well now. Fans should be thankful for you." he points out. Dara giggles. "I don't know. None of his fans has approached me and asks about him."

"Because Ji Yong asks them to let you two have privacy on your relationship. Yah! His fans even give a hard time on Dispatch because they posted a picture of you too while having a cozy dinner."

Dara sighs happily. "I hope he comes home soon. He's been acting cute during our video call, asking me to cook for him when he gets home." she laughs. Young Bae smiles. He's happy that despite the stress, Dara can still smile on the thoughts of Ji Yong. Then, he remembers something.

"By the way, Mom mentioned this Atty. Im. Is she the one married to Lee Dong Hae?" he asked. Dara stops walking and looks at him. "Yes. Why?"

Young Bae grins playfully. Dara suddenly feels annoyed. "Yah!"

"What? Hyung said he wants to meet me." Young Bae said calml

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter