Happy Birthday, Dara

A Love She Deserves (Tabisan/Daragon)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Seung Hyun, isn't it too much? Why would your mother want to have lunch with us here?" Dara asks.

"Yah. Just hurry up." Seung Hyun said.

"Yes, Vice President Choi." Dara sighs. "It's just my birthday," she mutters.

"Yes, my girlfriend's birthday and my parents want to treat her something nice. Just give me this, please."

"Fine," Dara said as the elevator door opens. She walks out of it find the room that Seung Hyun tells her to go. When she found it, she noticed that it says that it was a function hall. Seung Hyun must be mistaken but Dara still tries to open it.

When she opens it, loud pop bursts and confetti was in the air, joined by a scream of 'surprise!'. Dara smiles as she places one hand on her sternum while the other one covers her lips.

Seong Woong and Hye Jung greet her first.

"Happy birthday, Dara." Hye Jung said and hugs her. Dara hugs her sister-in-law back. Then Seong Woong greets her too.

"Surprised?" Seong Woong asks while hugging her.

"Yes. I really didn't expect this." Dara said. They let go of each other before Seung Hyun approaches her with a huge bouquet of pink roses. He presents it to her and she takes it. Seung Hyun places his arm on her shoulder while Dara puts her hand on his waist. Seung Hyun kisses her forehead. "Happy birthday, Dara."

"Thank you, Oppa."

"Honestly, I would love to go to McDonald's with you alone but people want to celebrate your birthday with you too." Seung Hyun grins. Dara laughs.

Haru approaches Dara and hugs her hips. Dara looks down at her.

"Happy birthday, Auntie!" Haru said.

"Thank you, princess," Dara said.

"Okay, please look over here." The photographer said. Seong Woong, Hye Jung, Haru, Dara, and Seung Hyun look at the photographer as he takes photos of them. Then Dara starts greeting her guest. Seung Hyun's parents were there. They greeted Dara and wishes her the best. The cast and crew of the two dramas she written are also there. There are also staff in KEBN there. Then, she meets Seungri, Mino, Chae Rin, and Jennie.

"Happy birthday, Noona," Mino said.

"Thank you, guys. I really didn't expect this." Dara was overwhelmed.

"Well, you wouldn't expect a giant lemon tart as our gift for you, right?" Seungri grins mischievously. Dara looks around and saw a huge lemon tart on the table with a mini size version of it. "Oh my God, that's awesome." she laughs.

Mino looks at Seung Hyun who is standing behind Dara. "Hello, sir."

"Just call me Seung Hyun."

"Seung Hyun, thank you for making Dara Noona happy again," Seungri said. Dara looks back at Seung Hyun and smiles. Seung Hyun returns her smile and looks at Seungri.

"It's my pleasure to make Dara happy." Seung Hyun simple said. Dara steps back and holds on to his arm and looks at him lovingly. "You do make me happy."

"I'm glad." Seung Hyun murmurs.

"Dara."

They all look at the person who calls Dara. It was Ji Yong. Mino scowls at his brother and leans at Seungri. "What is he doing here?" Mino asks.

Seungri sighs. "Chae Rin invited him since Seong Woong-ssi said to invite the cast and crew of Noona's previous dramas."

Mino glares at Chae Rin. Chae Rin feels embarrassed. From the distance, Seong Woong is glaring at Ji Yong as he approaches Dara. Hye Jung comforts her husband.

Ji Yong stops in front of Dara and Seung Hyun. Dara keeps holding Seung Hyun's arm. Ji Yong stares at their arms before looking at Dara.

"Happy birthday, Dara," he said.

"Thank you, Ji Yong," she said curtly. Seung Hyun tries to pull away from her to make it less awkward but Dara stops him. She smiles at him before looking back at her friends. "If you'll excuse us, I have to greet the other guests." Dara bows before pulling Seung Hyun away from them.

Mino sighs. "As much as I admire your confidence in coming here, you should at least have the decency of refusing it," he said. Ji Yong looks at his brother. "But I am invited. Why would I refuse to attend her birthday?"

"Can't you see she's uncomfortable with you here?" Mino hissed.

"Her or you? Don't you have Jennie now in your life?"

"Can't you see that she's with Choi Seung Hyun now?" Mino bites back. Ji Yong just glared at his brother before walking away, heading to the crew of 'Muse'. Jennie holds on to her boyfriend's hand. Mino looks at her. "Don't listen to him," he mutters.

"I won't. I believe you more than anything else. Besides, I can see that he's just jealous of Vice President Choi and Ms. Park." Jennie smiles.

"This is my fault." Chae Rin frowns. Seungri comforted his girlfriend. "It's fine. We didn't expect that he will come."

Dara and Seung Hyun approach Dong Hae and Yoona. Yoona hugs Dara. "Happy birthday, Dara," Yoona said and let go of her friends. "Sorry, we didn't bring Ji Eun with us."

"My parents want to spend time with their grandchild." Dong Hae said.

"It's fine. It's a bit noisy too. I wouldn't want Ji Eun to get all fuzzy or something" Dara said.

Yoona look passes Dara then back at her. "I'm surprised that Ji Yong is here."

"We are too. I guess he was invited because he's a cast of 'Muse'." Dara shrugs. Seung Hyun places his hand on Dara's lower back. "If you don't want him here, we can ask him to leave. I bet Seong Woong Hyung will do that for you."

"Just let him be. Just don't leave me." Dara asks her boyfriend. Seung Hyun nods and kisses her temple. It made Dara's happy."

"You two are cute." Dong Hae said. Yoona nudges him. "Jealous that your second favorite ex-girlfriend is taken?"

"Nah. Too busy thinking about my wife." Dong Hae boops her nose. Yoona giggles while Seung Hyun and Dara laugh with them.

After a while, they start having a meal. Seung Hyun with his parents sat with the Dong Family in one table. Three tables away from them are Ji Yong with 'Muse' cast and crew. He's looking at Dara. She was sitting close to Seung Hyun. It irritates him. But he feels so helpless because even Seung Hyun is all formal and keeping his distance with Dara, Dara is the one clinging to him and taking care of her boyfriend. It hurts Ji Yong but he can't do anything about it.

Then, he decided to do his plan. He took out the USB in his pocket and went to the audio personnel.  He gave it to the man behind the sound system and told him to play the song after his speech. He asks for a mic and went in front. He tests the mic first which made the crowd look at him.

"Good day everyone. I'm Kwon Ji Yong, lead actor if the drama 'Muse' that is written by the birthday celebrant, Park Sandara." he bows and the crowd applause for him except the Choi and Dong Family table and Mino.

"Today, we celebrate Park Sandara's 31st birthday. Dara, as I call her, is an amazing woman. That despite our past, she's fair and reasonable. She allows me to portray the role of Jae Sung in 'Muse' and I'm honored about it." he paused. "To celebrate Dara's birthday, I would like to sing a song for her. This song is one of the OST of 'Muse'. I hope you will like this. Happy Birthday, Park Sandara." Ji Yong said and the music starts.

Ji Yong starts singing while looking at Dara. Dara stares at Seung Hyun, hoping that he's not mad at Ji Yong's act. Seong Woong fists his hands in a hard way. He wants to drag Ji Yong out but Hye Jung is calming him.

Mino smirks at his brother's act. The song is even about someone asking a person to be his again. Ji Yong is desperate. He wants to remind Dara how good they are together and he still wants her even she's with Seung Hyun now.

After his so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter