Her Story

A Love She Deserves (Tabisan/Daragon)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

More than 2 years ago...

Hye Jung opens the door of Dara's room. She's still in bed. She approaches her and sat on the side of the bed. Dara is lying down on her bed. She is staring blankly on the ceiling.

"Dara-yah, let's eat. Then, let's go out. Let's go shopping, hmm?" Hye Jung said. Dara didn't answer. She looks at Hye Jung. Her eyes are swollen because she cried the whole night after the announcement of her breakup with Kwon Ji Yong.

"Unnie?" Dara said weakly.

"Hmm?"

"Help me. I need to speak to Ji Yong. Hmm?" she starts to tear up again. "I am going to the airport. I was just saying goodbye to Mom and follow Ji Yong in America. Please help me." she starts crying again. Hye Jung lies next to her and hugs her.

"Shh... Don't cry. I will help you. I will do everything to help you. Don't cry." Hye Jung said will patting her back. Dara continues to cry.

---

"What?!" Seung Hyun asks.

"Ms. Park filed a resignation letter, sir. She's packing her stuff now." Dae Sung said.

Seung Hyun stood up and went out of his office. He hurriedly went to Dara's office floor to see her. He hasn't talked to her ever since her break up with Ji Yong.

When the elevator door opens, Dara was there, carrying a box full of her stuff. She looks pale and she has dark circles around her eyes. Her hair is tied in a messy bun. Her face is expressionless. She just walked inside the elevator without noticing Seung Hyun. Seung Hyun just stares at her. The door opens at the ground floor and she immediately walks out of the elevator. Seung Hyun follows her and calls her. She didn't hear him so he walked past her and stops her. She looks up to him.

"Seung Hyun-ah," she said weakly.

Seung Hyun feels helpless "Yah. What happens to you? Why did you resign?" he said.

She sighs "I need to take care of Mom. I need to be there on her side." she said. Seung Hyun can see that she's exhausted. He takes the box from her.

"You don't need to help me," she said trying to take the box from him but he didn't let her. Seung Hyun gives her a stern look. "You look like you didn't sleep well. Let me help you now, okay?" he paused. "Are you going home?"

Dara just shrugged. "I'm going to our house to pack some stuff and get my things too before going to Seon Woong Oppa's home,"

"Okay. I will drive you there," he said as he starts to walk, heading to the exit of the building but Dara stopped him. She shook her head "You don't have too."

"It's fine. Let me just do this for you, okay?" he said. They went to her car and they drive to Mi Kyung's place. He calls Dae Sung and asks him to pick him up at the address he sent him. Dara took a nap on their way there. Seung Hyun is glad that she did.

When they arrived at Mi Kyung's place in Mapo, Dara immediately went out of the car without even looking at Seung Hyun. Seung Hyun went out of the car too. Observing Dara, she still looks lost. Seung Hyun approaches her and holds on to her arm and move her to face him. She looks up to him.

"Are you okay?" he asks. Dara just sighs. "I don't know. I feel so numb right now. I don't know what to do." she said as tears form in her eyes. Seung Hyun pulls her to him and hugs her. At that moment, Dara can't help but cry.

"Everything will be okay soon. We're all here for you. I am here for you." he said as he patted her back. Dara continues to cry in his arms. He lets her cry on his arms until she stops and wiped her tears away. He asked her if she's hungry or she needs anything. She just shook her head. Then, Dae Sung arrived. Seung Hyun asks her if she's really okay. Dara nodded and told him to go. Even Seung Hyun feels that he shouldn't leave her since she's asking him to go back to work; he left after saying that she can call him anytime if she needs him. Dara just smiles weakly at him.

---

Mi Kyung is on her bed at Seon Woong's home. She refused to have treatment. Seon Woong, Hye Jung, Young Bae, and Dara are standing on the feet of her bed.

"Hye Jung-ah" Mi Kyung calls her daughter-in-law.

"Yes, Mom?"

"Did Atty. Im doing what I ask her to do?" Mi Kyung asks.

"Yes, Mom. The papers are ready. We also found a buyer for the house in Mapo-gu." Hye Jung answers. Mi Kyung sighs. "Good." she smiles.

"Mom, do you need anything?" Seon Woong asks. Mi Kyung nodded. "I want you all to stop worrying about me. I am fine. Seeing you all together is more than enough for me." Mi Kyung raised her hand on Seon Woong's direction. Seon Woong and Young Bae approach her bed and sat. Seon Woong holds on to her right hand while Young Bae took her left hand.

"Take care of each other, even you're miles away. Respect one another and love each other, hmm?" Mi Kyung asks her children. "And always be there for Dara. She's your sister. No matter what happens, we are all family."

"Yes, Mom. Don't worry about us." Seon Woong said.

Mi Kyung smiles and nodded. "Very well." she sighs "This day is so perfect".

---

Dong Hae and Seung Hyun are giving respect to Mi Kyung's remain as Seon Woong and Young Bae remains on the side. Dong Hae and Seung Hyun also bowed to the Dong Brothers. The gentleman went out after that. Yoona is waiting outside and comforting Hye Jung. After Dong Hae and Seung Hyun give respect, Hye Jung accompanies them to the guest area.

"Unnie, where is Dara?" Yoona asks. Hye Jung looks at the corner near the door. Dara is sitting there, staring blankly. She's pale and she's thinner than before. The three of them approach her while Hye Jung stays behind. Seung Hyun crouches down.

"Dara-yah, we're here." Seung Hyun said but she's just staring forward.

"Dara-yah, talk to us. We're here for you" Yoona begs her friend but she's still quiet.

Dong Hae taps Seung Hyun's shoulder. Seung Hyun looks back at him "Let's give her space. She's still in shock. We'll talk to her later." Dong Hae suggested. Seung Hyun nodded. He looks back at Dara before he stood up and follows Dong Hae and Yoona. Suddenly, they heard a commotion outside.

"What the hell is this?!" Young Bae hissed.

The man who introduced himself as a Galaxy Entertainment staff speaks. "Kwon Ji Yong-ssi is sending his condolence. He also sends these flowers." the man points at the funeral flowers the brought.

Young Bae huffed. Seon Woong was about to confront the man but Hye Jung hurries to her husband and pulls him back inside to his mother. Dara stood up upon hearing Ji Yong's name but when she saw that he's not there, she remains standing there as she stares at the huge funeral flowers from Ji Yong.

"Take it back. We don't need anything from him." Young Bae commands.

The man looks at the two men he's with, then, back at Young Bae. "But sir, Mr. Kwon sends this."

"I don't care if he sends it. I don't care if it cost him tons of money. I don't want it here." Young Bae looks really angry this time.

"But-"

"I said I didn't want it here!" Young Bae screams and grabs the flowers. He slams it on the floor. Then he pulls the ribbons and flowers aggressively. He's screaming and crying. "How dare him! After he promised Mom to take care of Dara, he left her just like that. And now, he doesn't have the guts to show up here to give his respect!" he throws the flower stand at the feet of the three men. "It only shows that he didn't love my sister. How dare him!" Young Bae picks up some flowers on the floor and throws them to the men from Galaxy Entertainment.

"Leave!" he hissed. The men bow to him before they leave. Young Bae falls on his knees and breathes heavily. He looks at his side and saw Dara crying but still blank as she stares on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter