Begin Again

A Love She Deserves (Tabisan/Daragon)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 years later…

Dara came out of the bistro restaurant after she had her quick lunch. Its spring season in London, and she loves the weather. Dara has been staying in London for 8 months. It was strange, but she needs to move from Paris to London as the film she written will take place in London and Scotland. Two years ago, she finished her first romance novel entitled ‘Beautiful Trouble'. A story about a worldwide superstar and a showbiz reporter, who meet during an interview, and since then, everything changes between them. Dara used her own name even her editor-in-chief insist that she should use an English name. The movie is already done and will premiere next week.

If Dara will be completely honest, she is nervous. She hasn’t been in the media’s eyes for 3 years, and even she launched her books, she only takes interviews for prints and not actual video interviews. She wants to be in a low profile as possible.

She has written a total of four romance books in 3 years, and all of them are successful. Aside from the movie, a company in America wants to produce another movie that is based on her romance book. Dara is still deciding about it because, at the same time, Seon Woong is asking her to let him direct one of her stories and make it a TV series.

Dara went to a book shop to check something. She smiles as she saw her books still in top-selling romance fiction in that store. Dara walks around to look for other books when she passes by in the magazine section. She stops on her track and looks back at the magazine racks and saw a business magazine with Choi Seung Hyun on its cover.

Seung Hyun was featured on that magazine as the youngest CEO-President of a successful TV Network. She hasn’t seen or talked to Seung Hyun ever since they broke up on New Year’s Eve. It was better that way than communicating but hurting inside. Not that Dara is not hurting after their break up but its better this way.

Dara was about to pick it up when her phone rings. It was Ji Yong. Dara smiles and answers it. “Hey, superstar,” she greets him.

“Hi. I just arrived here in London. Miss me?” he asked. Dara giggled as she walks out of the book store and heads back at her apartment, “You wish. Are you staying in Marriot again?” she asks.

“No, my manager rented a penthouse near Trafalgar Square. Why? Are you offering your place?” Ji Yong chuckles. Dara shook her head. Ji Yong is so playful.

“Don’t be silly. Paparazzi will be swarming around my residential building if they know that Ji Yong Kwon is visiting someone there,” she says.

“Can we at least meet? I got fed up with my staff’s faces,” he begs her.

Dara sighs. “Fine. Same restaurant?”

“You bet! See you later, Writer Choi!” Ji Yong said happily.

“Bye, Ji Yong Oppa,” she said before she hangs up. Dara sighs before she heads back to her home to get ready to meet up Ji Yong.

Ji Yong and Dara reconnected when Ji Yong was attending Paris Fashion Week 2 years ago. Ji Yong was roaming around Paris a day after the fashion week event when he saw Dara exciting the publishing house she’s working at. They talked and somehow, Dara is happy to him. Since then, Ji Yong constantly communicates with Dara. Dara doesn’t avoid him since her therapist mentioned that somehow, she needs to face her past for her to move forward.

Ji Yong became her long-distance friend that always visits her in Paris. Not that she’s complaining, but she at least met Ji Yong twice a month.

When Dara was offered for her novel turned into a movie, she asks Ji Yong if he wanted an international come back since he fits for one of the roles in the movie. Ji Yong accepts it. His role was the manager of the famous celebrity. His role is somehow important for the lead male of the story. Ji Yong constantly interacts because of the taping and some press releases photoshoot and interviews.

Two hours later, Ji Yong is waiting inside a British restaurant that they usually hang out and eat out. Ji Yong even brought a bouquet of red roses for Dara.

“Ji Yong Oppa,” a familiar voice calls him. Ji Yong looks up and saw Dara approaching the table he’s at with a smile on her face. Ji Yong stood up to meet her. Ji Yong hugs her as Dara returns his embrace.

“Did you gain weight? You look a bit bulkier,” Dara teased. Ji Yong laughs before letting go of her. “You’re silly,” he said before picking up the bouquet and gives it for you, “Advance congratulations on the success of your story turned movie,”

Dara accepted the bouquet, “Thank you, Daniel Woo,” she grins at him. Ji Yong laughs again before he pulls a chair for her. Dara sat down and Ji Yong took a seat too. The waiter approaches them and the made some orders.

As they wait for their order, Dara and Ji Yong talked about the upcoming premiere. Dara told Ji Yong how excited she is. She even told Ji Yong that Seon Woong will attend the premiere as support to her.

“Did your brother get mad when he knew I was a part of the movie?” Ji Yong asked. Dara shrugs “He thought, at first, that I’m being reckless by picking you. But he read the book and he thinks that the role fits you. I told him we’re cool and professional. He even told me that I get back with you, he will disown me,”

Ji Yong laughs “He still hates me, huh?”

“He’s being overprotective. I’m kind of used to it,” Dara grins.

“So, any plans after the premiere?” Ji Yong asked.

“Well, I’m packing my stuff back to Paris. I need to talk to my editor-in-chief and boss that I will take a break in writing,” she stated.

“That will be nice. You deserve some break. What will you do in your break?”

“Explore places, I guess. I’m in Europe so I might as well go around and see some countries,” she smiles.

Ji Yong nods, “Is there a room for another one on your exploration?”

Dara shook her head. “No. I’m going alone. Sorry,”

“I understand. But can we at least have dinner before you go back to Paris?” he inquires.

“Sure,” she agrees.

Their meal arrived after a while. They enjoy it and have crème brûlée for dessert. After Ji Yong paid their meal, they went for a walk to talk more. Dara holds on to Ji Yong’s arm as they walk on the streets of London. They even check out some shops and have some coffee in a coffee shop. Ji Yong even walked Dara back to her apartment.

When

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter