Wedding Jitters

A Love She Deserves (Tabisan/Daragon)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Se Kyung doesn't have any plan to go out, but her two friends insist her to meet them in one of the private rooms of an exclusive club in Gangnam. It's 7 days away from Se Kyung and Seung Hyun's wedding. Se Kyung had been anxious lately because of it. Seung Hyun is a dear friend to her. He's her best friend, but there's something in her that makes her doubt marrying him.

She arrived in the said room. She doesn't understand why do they have to meet here. They could have just met in one of her restaurants or something. She sighs and opens the door. As she enters, a loud pop came and confetti falls around her. She looks around and saw Park Sandara and Yoona clapping their hands for her.

"Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, Unnie!" Yoona said.

Se Kyung chuckles. "What's this?"

"Your bachelorette party." Dara said as she puts a sash on her that says 'Bride-To-Be' while Yoona places a plastic crown above her head. They lead her to sit on her 'bride chair' and they sat on the chair on her each side, facing each other.

"Wait! You didn't bring men, right?" Se Kyung asked.

"Yah! I'm a lawyer. Do you think it's good for my image that a male dancer comes here? It's just a party for us three." Yoona said.

"We're just going to eat and drink, Unnie. Don't worry." Dara assures her. Yoona opens the wine and pours some in their wine glasses. They get their glasses.

"To Se Kyung Unnie, I hope you will have a happy and healthy family life with Seung Hyun-ssi." Yoona said.

"Cheers!" Dara said. The cling their glasses and sip their wine. Se Kyung still looks anxious after their toast. Dara noticed it.

"Se Kyung-ssi, are you okay?" she asked. Se Kyung looks at Dara. She shook her head. She placed her glass back on the table.

"What's wrong?" Yoona asked.

"I don't know. I just feel a little pressured and worried about this wedding. You both know that Seung Hyun and I are getting married for convenience, not for love. I feel like trapping Seung Hyun because I have trust issues with men." Se Kyung mutters.

"Did you tell Seung Hyun how you feel?" Dara asked. Se Kyung shook her head. "I can't. He's working really hard now before he will take a vacation with me for our 3-month honeymoon. And I know he also has his concern about this wedding." she looks at Dara and sighs. "Am I doing the right thing?"

"Se Kyung-ah, I can't answer that for you. You're the only one who can answer that." she points out.

Se Kyung took her glass of wine and drink some.

"Unnie, maybe it's just wedding jitters. Since your parents and in-laws are so involved with this wedding. You need to relax or something." Yoona said.

"Maybe. Seung Hyun's mom already sends me six sets of jewelry, gifts from their friends in the business. My Mom is stopping me from eating carbohydrate food because I might not fit my wedding dress." Se Kyung complained.

"Just relax. Don't think of it too much." Dara advises her. Se Kyung smiles. "I'm really glad I have the two of you."

"We're here for you, Unnie," Yoona said.

"Okay, okay. We have a gift for you." Dara said as she presents a small gift bag to Se Kyung. Yoona did too. Se Kyung opens her gift. Dara's gift is a couple apron while Yoona's gift is a couple mug. Se Kyung likes it. They had a meal and used the karaoke machine in their private party room.

They wrap their party at 10 pm. Dong Hae was the one to pick them up since they are all had a drink. They took Se Kyung home first, then Dara. They had a great day.

---

Five days before the wedding.

Dara is asked to deliver some documents to Choi Seung Hyun's office so he could sign it before he takes leave. Dara went to the ground floor first to deliver something in the reception. She's waiting for the elevator when a sophisticated woman arrives. She's wearing a white sleeveless, pencil skirt dress and high heels. She's carrying a beige bag and she's wearing Chanel sunglasses. She went directly to the elevator. And then, the woman looks at Dara.

"Excuse me, I noticed that the person in the reception is busy with some call so I didn't bother talking to her. Can you tell me what floor Choi Seung Hyun's office is?" the woman asked. Dara looks at her suspiciously. She hopes she's not another Na Ji Woo.

"May I know who you are?" Dara asks. The woman smirks and she looks annoyed. She removes her sunglasses and directly looks at Dara.

"I'm sorry. I'm Choi Jung Hwa. I'm Choi Seung Hyun's sister."

Dara was shocked. Of course, how can she forget? Choi Jung Hwa is Seung Hyun's older sister. She's an executive producer in a TV Station in Canada. And since Seung Hyun is getting married, his sister will attend it.

Dara bows to her. "I'm sorry, Ms. Choi. I didn't recognize you. Uhmm... Vice President's office is on the 9th floor. I'm heading there too." Dara said. Jung Hwa looks at Dara carefully. Then she gazes at her I.D. and read it.

"Park Sandara, Production Assistant." Jung Hwa said and looks up at her face. Dara nodded and smiles awkwardly. The elevator door opens and Jung Hwa enters first. Dara follows her and she pressed the number nine on the buttons. The door closes and they start to ascend.

Dara remains quiet but Jung Hwa speaks. "I've read that you're good friends with Seung Hyun and Se Kyung."

"Ahh.. yes, Ms. Choi," Dara said.

"You're also Dong Seon Woong's sister and Kwon Ji Yong's girlfriend." Jung Hwa said.

"Yes."

Jung Hwa smiles. "Good thing you still keep your private life." Dara looks back at her and just smile. The elevator door opens. Jung Hwa held her hand out, pertaining that Dara should lead the way. Dara walks out first followed by Jung Hwa. She leads her to Choi Seung Hyun's office. Dara waves her hand to Bom and Bom stands up to open the door for them. Dara lets Jung Hwa enter first.

Seung Hyun is busy reading something on his computer when Bom informs him that he has a guest. When he looks at the door, he immediately saw his sister Jung Hwa.

"Noona." Seung Hyun said as he stands up. Jung Hwa approaches him and hugs him.

"Ommo. Our Seung Hyun is getting married in a few days." Jung Hwa said as she let go of him. Seung Hyun smiles but it didn't reach his eyes.

"What are you doing here?" Seung Hyun asked.

"I'm having lunch with some friends later. I decided to drop by to see you before the wedding. I'm staying with Mom and Dad. You're supposed to stay with us before the wedding." Jung Hwa points out.

"I'll be there the day after tomorrow." Seung Hyun assures his sister. Dara knocks on the door so Seung Hyun and Jung Hwa look at her direction. Dara smiles and lifts the folder she's carrying to show it to Seung Hyun. Jung Hwa looks back at her brother and she noticed something. He's smiling genuinely now and there's a spark in his eyes.

"Ms. Park, come in." Seung Hyun said. Seung Hyun leads his sister to sit on the sofa. Dara approaches them.

"What is it?" Seung Hyun asks her.

"These documents need your approval and signature," Dara said as she places the documents on the table.

"I see. Thank you." Seung Hyun said. "Oh, by the way, Se Kyung said that you gave her a surprise bridal shower. She showed me the couple apron and mugs that you gave her. It's adorable."

Dara smiles shyly. "Ahh yes. It was Yoona's idea. We're really glad that Dong Hae drives us home that night." she paused. "I'll go ahead." she bows and left the room. Seung Hyun stares at Dara until she's out of his sight. Then he looks at the document in front of him to check it.

"How's your work in Canda so far?" Seung Hyun asked without even looking at his sister. Jung Hwa didn't answer. Seung Hyun looks at her and saw her staring at him. "What?"

"You seem to lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter