Man To Man Talk

A Love She Deserves (Tabisan/Daragon)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Dara's free day but she decided to bring lunch for her and Seung Hyun. She also included Bom and Dae Sung. She enters the KEBN building. People are greeting her. It was strange but she thought maybe, people are trying to be nice to her since they all know that she's dating Dong Joon.

"Dara." someone calls her. She looks around and saw Seung Hyun, Dae Sung, and Bom. She smiles and shows him the food she brought. Seung Hyun chuckles and walks towards her.

"Hi," he said.

"I brought lunch for us. And for Dae Sung and Bom too," she said. Dae Sung approaches her and took the food from her. "Thank you, Ms. Park." Dae Sung said. Daran just nodded.

"Are you busy?" she asks.

"Not really. We just checking some studios. Just an ocular." he told her. He offers his arm to her. She smiles and holds on to it.

"Hello, Vice President Park." a female voice said. Dara and Seung Hyun look around and saw Na Ji Woo. She's smiling at them but she looks different. She looks tense.

"Na Ji Woo-ssi, how are you?" Dara asks.

She smiles awkwardly "I'm good. Yes. I am good. I have an interview today." she paused. "Congratulations. I heard the news that you two are dating now."

Seung Hyun stiffens but Dara comforts him by squeezing his arm. "Yes. It's been months for us." Dara said.

"I see." Ji Woo said. "Anyway, I have to go. Nice to see both of you." Ji Woo said and walks away. Dara looks at Seung Hyun. He sighs. She pats his arm. "Are you okay?"

Seung Hyun nodded. "I'm fine. Let's go?" he asks. She nodded and they headed to the elevator. Seung Hyun asks her about her day. She told him that she will do some grocery shopping later. They arrived at Seung Hyun's office. Dara took their food from Dae Sung before Bom closes the door for them.

Daran set the food on the coffee table while Seung Hyun watches her take out everything.

"I hope sushi is okay," she said. Seung Hyun nodded. "Anything will do as long as I eat with you," he said. Dara looks at him and smiles. After she takes out and opens the food she bought, she sat down beside him. She gave him chopstick.

Seung Hyun can't help but admire his girlfriend. It's given that she's beautiful but now that people know that they are dating, she looks lovelier now.

"Seung Hyun-ah," she calls her. Seung Hyun wakes up from his daze. He smiles at her.

"Eat," she said as she picks up sushi and has a bite of it. Seung Hyun did the same.

"Are you okay? Did some media people contacted you?" Seung Hyun asks. Dara nodded.

"Yeah. There are some. They want to interview me. I refused. I might as well release a statement. I will ask Hye Jung Unnie to help me." Dara mutters.

"It will be fine soon," Seung Hyun assures her. "How about Kwon Ji Yong? Did he reach out?"

"No, thankfully. He hasn't asked me for anything. As far as I know, he's out of the country now. Seungri said he has a photoshoot." she shrugs.

Seung Hyun sighs. "He went to my office to confront me a day after our first public appearance." Seung Hyun said. Daran looks at him. "That was a week ago. What happened?"

"He warned me. That he will win you back."

Dara scowls. "I don't understand him. Why can't he just move on?"

"Because he loves you. He's full of guilt and regret after leaving you. But even he feels that I can't give you up for him. I waited too. And I almost lost you. I want to make sure that you are happy, and safe with me." Seung Hyun stated. Dara smiles at him.

"And I won't leave you just because he regrets what happened to us. I'm with you now and I want us to be happy together," she said.

Seung Hyun reaches for her head and pats the top of her head. "We'll be fine, Dara-yah" he removes his hand on her head and continues to eat.

"By the way, Seon Woong Oppa and Hye Jungi Unnie invite you for a meal this weekend. Can you come?" she asks.

"Sure," he said plainly. "Are we going together?"

"We can do that. Pick me up at home at 8 am this Sunday."

---

Sunday.

Seon Woong and Hye Jung are waiting for Seung Hyun and Dara in the living room. Haru is reading a book quietly as her mother watches her. Seon Woong is pacing back and forth.

"Should Seung Hyun be the one nervous right now, not you?" Hye Jung raised her eyebrow at her husband. Seon Woong scowls at her.

"Can you blame me? He's dating my sister!" Seon Woong points out.

"Yes. Your sister, who happens to be a strong and independent woman who likes him dearly. What are you even worried about?" Hye Jung asks as she touches the top of her daughter's hair.

"I'll give you a hint" Seon Woong sarcastically said. "Kwon Ji Yong."

"Yeobo, Dara is so over him. She's happy now. And believe me, Seung Hyun likes her back. I see that since Young Bae and Hyo Rin's wedding." Hye Jung points out.

"That still doesn't change the fact that he might hurt her too." Seon Woong said. Hye Jung sighs and stood up. She approaches her husband and stops him from pacing. She holds her hand. "Oppa, I admire your concern for Dara but she knows what she's doing. And don't you think it's unfair for Seung Hyun for you to think that he will hurt her as Ji Yong did?" she said.

Seon Woong sighs. "I can't help but worried about her."

"She's okay, Yeobo. She's happy. Trust me. Hmm?" Hye Jung said.

They heard the main door opens. They are here. Seon Woong and Hye Jung face the entryway and waited. Dara comes in first, followed by Seung Hyun, who's carrying a bouquet, a bottle of wine and a shopping bag from a bookstore.

"We're here, Oppa," Dara said. Hye Jung and Seon Woong approach them.

"Welcome to our home, Vice President Choi." Hye Jung said.

"Thank you for inviting me. And please, just call me Seung Hyun." He said.

"Can we be casual with you?" Seon Woong asks.

"Please." Seung Hyun smiles.

"If you hurt my sister, I'll kill you." Seon Woong said casually. Hye Jung smacks her husband's arm.

"Oppa!" Dara whines. Seon Woong ignores them and keeps on staring at Seung Hyun.

"I will hurt myself first before I hurt her. I won't promise anything but I will do my best to make her happy as long as she wants to be with me." Seung Hyun said. Hye Jung and Dara want to swoon. Seon Woong just smirks.

"Flowers for you, Hye Jung-ssi." Seung Hyun said as she gave the flowers to Hye Jung. Then, he presents the wine to Seon Woong, which Seon Woong accepted.

"These are for Haru." he shows the shopping bag with books in it. "Dara said she likes reading."

"Thank you, Seung Hyun. You're so thoughtful. Have a sit first. The lunch will be ready soon." Hye Jung said and leads them to the couch. Seung Hyun saw Haru and greets her.

"Hi, Haru-yah." Seung Hyun said. Haru stares at him, then she looks at Dara.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter