Ticking Clock

A Love She Deserves (Tabisan/Daragon)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Yong drops Dara in her home. She went up to drop her luggage. She then took the paper bag of food she brought from Busan for her mother. When she went to her home, she noticed that the door is open. When she enters, she immediately saw Mi Kyung on the floor, looking in pain while holding her stomach. She put down the paper bag and runs towards her.

"Mom, what's wrong?" Dara said in a worried voice.

"Dara-yah... It hurts." Mi Kyung said as tears fall from her eyes. Dara helps Mi Kyung to the couch. She took her phone and call for an ambulance. Then she called Seon Woong. He answers after a few rings.

"What? Did you know it's late?" Seon Woong said in a sleepy voice.

"Oppa, something's wrong with Mom. I already called for an ambulance," she said while crying. Seon Woong rises from his bed. "Dara-yah, calm down. I'm coming. Update me whatever happens." Seon Woong said and he hangs up.

Hye Jung wakes up upon hearing her husband. "Yeobo, what's wrong?"

Seon Woong heads to their walk-in closet. "It's Dara. Something's wrong with Mom. She already called an ambulance. I'm checking on them." Seon Woong said. Hye Jung gets off the bed and follows him in the closet. She stood by the door. "I'm coming with you."

"I'm fine. Just stay here." Seon Woong said while changing his clothes. Hye Jung can see that he's panicking so she went in and pick some clothes for herself.

"Yah! I said stay." Seon Woong said in a cracked voice. Hye Jung stares at him. "No. I'm coming with you. I'll drive. Seeing that you're shaking now and panicking, I'm afraid that you will drive recklessly. I'll drive you there and be with you." She took a jacket and gave one to him. Seon Woong took it and wears it. Hye Jung approaches him to fix his jacket, then, Seon Woong suddenly hugs her.

"I'm scared," he whispers to her. Hye Jung hugs him back and patted his back. "She will be fine, Oppa. Mom is a very strong person." Seon Woong holds on to his wife. He doesn't know what to do at that moment but Hye Jung will be there to guide him. She leans back and stares at him. "You need to be strong, Yeobo. For Mom and Dara. Okay?" she said. He nodded his head and sighs. Hye Jung brushes off the shoulder of his jacket. "Let's go."

---

A few hours later, Hye Jung, Seon Woong, and Dara are waiting outside the emergency room. They've been waiting for two hours already. Hye Jung and Dara are sitting in the chairs while Seon Woong is standing, walking back and forth in front of the emergency room door.

"Yeobo, please sit down. I'm getting dizzy at you walking back and forth." Hye Jung said. Seon Woong huffed. "Then don't look at me," he said in an annoyed tone. Hye Jung understands her husband. Dara is still worried at that moment, sniffing and tearing up.

The doctor came out followed by some nurses. Hye Jung and Dara stood up.

"Kang Mi Kyung's family?" the doctor asks them.

"Yes, I'm her son. Is my Mom okay?" Seon Woong asks. The doctor smiles. "She's okay now. She's resting. We give her some medication but we see something on her test. I would like to admit her for further examination." the Doctor said. Seon Woong nodded. "It's okay, Doctor. Do what you have to do." The doctor nodded. "She will be transferred to a room in a few minutes. She can only have one watcher. We'll go ahead."

"Thank you, Doctor." Seon Woong said and bows to him. The doctor and his staff left them. Seon Woong releases a huge breath of relief.

"She's fine now." Seon Woong told his wife and sister. Dara wipes her tears. "I'm so scared when I saw her on the floor. She's really in pain," she mutters.

"She's fine now, Dara-ah." Hye Jung assures her. Seon Woong looks at Hye Jung. "Yeobo, take Dara home. I'll stay with Mom."

"Oppa." Dara protests.

"Check Mom's home. Then prepare stuff for her stay here. Yeobo, sleep with Dara for now. When you wake up, come back here for Mom's stuff. Dara, go to work. Then at night, you stay with Mom so that I can go home. Okay?" Seon Woong tells the two women. They just agree with him.

---

Dara walks inside KEBN with a heavy heart. Seon Woong texted her saying that Mi Kyung is awake already and she's sorry for worrying her. She still worries for her, but she's glad that she's awake now.

"Park Sandara-ssi." someone calls Dara. She looks back and sees Choi Jung Hwa walking towards her. She bows to her. "Good morning, Ms. Choi."

Jung Hwa noticed that she looks gloomy. "Is it a good morning? You look sad." Dara shook her head and smiles awkwardly. "It's nothing. I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

Jung Hwa nodded. "I see. I hope your day will be a lot better." she smiles at her. Dara remembers something. "By the way, Ms. Choi, how's Vice President Choi?"

Jung Hwa sighs. "He's okay. He's in Europe now. I think he's in Bulgaria now. He's having a great time, he said. I hope he really does." Dara can see on Jung Hwa's expression that she's worried about his brother.

"That's great news. Dong Hae and Yoona keep on asking me if either he or Se Kyung contacted me." Dara said. Jung Hwa smiles at her. "I'm glad that Seung Hyun has friends like you." Dara smiles genuinely this time and says goodbye to her. Jung Hwa looks at Dara as she walks towards the elevator. She looks sad and stresses. She took her phone and snaps a picture of Dara walking away. She typed something and pressed send. She hopes that her brother is here to comfort her friend.

---

When Dara return to the hospital, she brought some stuff of her own and some food. She enters Mi Kyung's room and found Seon Woong sitting on a chair beside his mother's bed while Hye Jung is standing behind him. He's holding her hand and crying silently. Hye Jung noticed her and told her to put down her stuff and come with her. She did what she said and follows her out of the room. They went to the garden outside the hospital. They sat on a bench. It was a quiet night.

"Unnie, why brought me here?" Dara asks. Hye Jung looks at her. "Dara-yah, I want you to be as strong as you ever be. What I'm going to tell you will be hard but I want you to be strong. Okay?"

"Unnie."

"Mom has stomach cancer. It's in Stage 4. The doctor says that they will do their best to make mom live longer but since it's already in a critical stage, with the medication involve, Mom has one year to live." Hye Jung said in a calm voice. Dara starts to tear up. She feels like suffocating. She can't breathe. She lost her parents in a tragic accident, now this? Dara starts to sob. Hye Jung moves closer to her and hugs her.

"Mother..." Dara mutters as she cries. Hye Jung patted her head. "She'll be fine. Mother will be okay. W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter