Past and Present

A Love She Deserves (Tabisan/Daragon)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's past midnight. You should go home." Dara told Seung Hyun. They are sitting in his car for an hour now. Seung Hyun is holding her hand and just staring at her. He pulls up her hand and kisses the back of her hand.

"Thank you for being patient with me," he said.

Dara smiles. "I wasn't. I have the urge to go to your office and nag you again." she jokingly said. Seung Hyun chuckles. "You can do that whenever you want," he said.

Dara giggles and nods at him.

"Dara-yah."

"Hmm?"

"I mean it. I'll be with you as long as you want me to," he said. Dara knows he means it. But it makes her heart flutter ever since she heard it.

"I know. We'll be fine," she said.

"I need to ask something from you," he said. "We should keep this a secret for a while."

She frowns "Why?"

"Your drama is still ongoing. I want the audience to focus on your craft than us. Kwon Ji Yong already made you look bad because of his declaration in a talk show that he wants you back. Let's not make the fire bigger." he said. Dara gets his point. What Ji Yong did is already an issue with their drama.

"Is it really okay with you?" she asks.

Seung Hyun nodded. "Yes." he smiles.

Dara can feel the butterflies in her stomach. She's so happy to have Seung Hyun now in her life and he likes her too.

"Let's have lunch together later," he said.

She nodded. "Okay."

"Go up. I won't leave until your inside," he said. Dara took her bad and waved goodbye to him. She opens the door and exits his car. Seung Hyun stares at her as she walks towards the entrance of her apartment. She punched the code of her home on the entrance and the glass door opens. She looks back at him and signals him to go. He nodded and waved bye at her. He starts the engine and drives himself home.

---

Dara is busy checking her email when Chae Rin arrived carrying a huge basket of flowers.

"What's that?" Dara asks.

I just received it on your behalf, Ms. Park. There's a card in it." Chae Rin said. She placed the flowers on the side of Dara's table and left. Dara took the card and read it.

Dara,

I'm sorry for what I did last night. Forgive me. But I want you to know that my intention is clean. We really need to talk and let me explain myself. I will wait for you.

Kwon Ji Yong

Dara ripped the card into pieces and dump it in the trash can. Jennie comes from the pantry so she calls her.

"Yes, Ms. Park?" Jennie asks.

"Please remove these flowers on my table," she said. Jennie picks up the basket. "Where should I put it, Ms. Park?" she asks.

"I don't know. Dump them, take them, I don't care. I just don't want that here." she said blankly. Jennie shrugs and takes the flowers away from Dara. Chae Rin came back and saw Jennie taking away the flower.

"Oh. Jennie has your basket of flowers." Chae Rin points out. Dara looks up at her. "I told her to take it. It is taking the space of my desk." Dara explains. Chae Rin just nodded.

"Oh. By the way, the Ewha University wants to confirm your appearance as the speaker on Film and TV forum this Friday. What should I reply?" Chae Rin asks.

"Tell them I'll be there," Dara said. Chae Rin nodded and left her.

---

Seon Woong, Hye Jung, and Dara are having lunch. Hye Jung is doing a new movie and Seon Woong is planning to direct a new drama. Dara mentioned that she's a guest speaker in the TV and Film Department of Ewha University.

"That's really great, Dara-ah." Hye Jung said.

"Are you ready for your speech?" Gwang asks.

"Yes, I made a script but I'm just familiarizing myself with it. I wanted to sound natural." she shrugs. Hye Jung smiles. "I know you can do it." her sister-in-law said.

Something came up on Dara's mind. "Oppa?"

Seon Woong looks at her. "Hmm?"

"I'm just wondering, will you be okay if one day I talked about what happened to me after Mom died?" she asks. Seon Woong and Hye Jung look surprised by her question.

"Why?" Seon Woong asks.

She shrugs. "It's in my past. I know there will be a point in my life that I will talk about it to someone or it will be mention if I'm on an interview or something. I just want to know what are your thoughts about it."

Hye Jung smiles at Dara "And are you okay with that?"

Dara nodded.

Seon Woong sighs. "I don't know but I'm not comfortable about this." Seon Woong looks at his wife. Hye Jung patted his arm for comfort.

"Dara-yah, I know how strong you are. But are you ready on the backlash of this? Can you handle if the media starts asking you about it?" Seon Woong asks.

"Oppa, I know that. But I'm ready. This is a part of my past. One of the reasons for what I am today. I'm not ashamed of it. I'm proud that I get through it." Dara points out. Seon Woong searches for Hye Jung's hand and holds it. Hye Jung leans to her husband.

"Yeobo, even in a worst-case scenario, Dara can handle this. She's stronger than before and if there's a problem on the way, we are here to support and be there for her, right?" Hye Jung asks her husband. Seon Woong nodded then looks at Dara at her.

"We're here for you, Dara-yah," he said.

Dara sighs and smiles happily.

---

A day before the forum, Dara and Seung Hyun meet to spend a day together before he and his parents' flight to Canada for his sister's wedding that night. They decided to visit Icheon and have an authentic Korean meal there. Luckily, they manage to have a private dining room so people won't recognize them.

"Noona would be happy if I can bring you there," said Seung Hyun.

Dara smiles. "I bet Ms. Choi is really lovely in her wedding dress." She takes a piece of meat and put it in . She chews it carefully.

Seung Hyun sighs. "I can't believe she's getting married. I really thought she will grow old alone." He chuckles.

"When will you be back?" Dara asks.

"After the wedding and reception, I will return immediately. Mother and Father will stay for a week. I still have tons of work here. Plus..." He looks at her "I don't want to miss you"

Dara blushes. "Yah."

"Fine." He said. "How's the shooting so far?"

"It's going well. Joo Yeon is doing a great job because she went on a crash course in fashion designing to make herself look like a real designer. Kwon Ji Yong-ssi is recording his song this Saturday. It will be one of the OSTs of the drama." she said.

Upon hearing Kwon Ji Yong's name, Seung Hyun asks her "Is Ji Yong still bothering you?"

"Not bothering per se but he always sends me stuff like flowers, or food on a daily basis. It will always end up with my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter