Family Dinner

A Love She Deserves (Tabisan/Daragon)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Sandara is waiting for Kwon Ji Yong to arrive. She's waiting by the porch. She keeps looking at her watch. It's almost 6 pm. Seon Woong comes out and stood beside her.

"Is he coming?" he asked. Dara looks at her brother. "Oppa!" He chuckles and pats her back. "Yah! Relax. He's coming. It's just a long drive here from Incheon."

"He doesn't tell me but I think he's nervous in meeting Mom," she said.

"They already meet. Why would he be nervous?"

"I don't know." she shrugged.

Dara face lit up when she saw Ji Yong's car approaching. He parks beside Seon Woong's SUV. When he comes down, Dara waves at him and he waves back.

"He doesn't look nervous to me." Seon Woong said. Dara glares at her brother. Seon Woong salutes her and went back inside. Ji Yong was carrying a bottle of wine, the red ginseng box for Mi Kyung and a stuffed toy. He stood in front of her.

"Am I late?" he asked.

"No, you're just in time," Dara said. "What's all of these?"

Ji Yong straightens up. "Red ginseng for your mom, wine for Hye Jung and Seon Woong and this cute teddy bear for Haru."

She frowns. "How about me?" Ji Yong leans forward to her and kisses her lips. "There you go," he said while giving her a cheeky smile. Dara just giggles and asks him to come in.

Dara took the wine bottle from Ji Yong. They were meets by Hye Jung, Seon Woong, and Haru.

"Good evening, Hye Jung-ssi, Seon Woong-ssi." Ji Yong says.

"Omo! You don't have to be formal now. We're family now." Hye Jung said. Seon Woong gives his wife a what-are-you-saying look. Dara blushes while Ji Yong just smiles.

"Ji Yong Samcheon!" Haru said. Ji Yong crouches in front of the little girl. "Hello, Haru. This is for you." he gave the stuffed toy to Haru. The little girl hugged it tightly.

"Thank you, Samchon!"

Ji Yong stood up. Dara stood beside her. Mi Kyung came out from the dining room and approaches them. Ji Yong bows to her. "Hello, Ma'am."

"Aigoo... Just call me Mom," she said. Seon Woong shook his head while Hye Jung, Haru, and Dara are smiling brightly. Ji Yong smiles and nodded. "Mom, I bought a gift for you." He presents her with the red ginseng box.

"How thoughtful of you." she took it. "Thank you, Ji Yong-ssi."

Seon Woong speaks. "Let's go to the dining room. Young Bae is going to call in a few minutes."

They all headed to the dining room. Ji Yong is impressed because, in the dining room, they set up a 64-inches TV. It is ready for the video call. Mi Kyung sat at the head chair, Seon Woong sat on her right side while Dara sat on her left. Ji Yong took the seat beside his girlfriend while Hye Jung and Haru sat on Seon Woong's side. Hye Jung asked their butler to serve the appetizer. While waiting for the appetizer, Young Bae is calling. Seon Woong used the remote to answer it. Young Bae and Hyo Rin came into the screen.

"Hello everyone." Hyo Rin said who looks excited.

"Hello, Hyo Rin. How are the two of you?" Mi Kyung asked her daughter-in-law.

"We're okay, Mom," she answered then Hyo Rin noticed Ji Yong sitting beside Dara. "Oh! Hello, Ji Yong-ssi.".

"Hello, Hyo Rin. Hello, Young Bae," he said. Young Bae is smiling and just nods at him. "Did Dara gave you a hard time?" Young Bae asked jokingly.

"Young Bae-yah!" Dara whines. They all laughed at Dara. Even Haru is giggling in her reaction. Dara pouts.

"She's behaving well, so I'm fine." Ji Yong said. Dara pushes him. Ji Yong looks at her while grinning. "Yah." she said with a serious voice.

"Fine." Ji Yong said while patting her back. Dara huffed and crosses her arms. Ji Yong took her hand and hold on to it.

"Are you home now?" Seon Woong asked his brother. Young Bae nodded. "Yes. We just finished unpacking yesterday. We're still waiting for our stuff from our old places."

Hyo Rin speaks. "We got a place in Rue Vineuse. It has plenty of bedrooms. If you want to visit us, you're welcome to stay with us."

"Oh, that's lovely. We'll plan it" said Hye Jung. Seon Woong smiles at his wife.

They continue to talk while the appetizer is being served. They all have a lovely meal. Later, Haru decided to take Dara to her room to show her collection of Barbie Dolls. At that moment, Ji Yong is in the living area with Mi Kyung, Seon Woong, and Hye Jung.

"Thank you for inviting me, Mom," said Ji Yong. Mi Kyung smiles at him. "We're glad that you came. I want this moment, you know? Talking to Dara's boyfriend. I never had it before." she said.

Seon Woong coughs. "I don't know if you know this, Ji Yong, but I just recently found out that Dara dated a law student during college."

Mi Kyung looked at her son "Really? A law student? When?"

"Sophomore year." Seon Woong answered. Ji Yong chuckles. "Yeah, she mentioned that. The guy is now a popular prosecutor. She didn't mention his name but she said he's good looking." he shrugged.

"Aigoo... Are you jealous?" Hye Jung teases him. Ji Yong smirks playfully. "No. It's all in the past now. What's important now is that she chooses to be with me. And I'll do my best to make her happy and protect her from harm." Ji Yong stated.

Mi Kyung looks pleased. "I'm happy that you said that. Our Dara lost her parents a day before her 18th birthday. I remember the day when we found out what happened. Seon Woong and Young Bae beg me to adopt Dara at that moment. They are so worried that she will be alone. I wish I could adopt her but she refused. She already 18 and she can decide what she wants. Young Bae asked her to stay with us but it took her a year to sell their home and live on the rooftop of our home. Seon Woong gladly gave her his mini-home so she can have her personal space. She has a bright personality since I meet her but I know she misses her parents so much. She had us and we will always be her family, but having someone special in her life assures me that she will have someone in the future." she looked at Ji Yong. "I'm not saying that you marry Dara soon but I'm hoping that you're serious with her and even just a bit, you have a plan of marrying her someday."

Ji Yong smiles. "We're just in the first week of being a couple. But I assure you that Dara is very special to me. She gives me a sense of normalcy in this chaotic showbiz industry. I like her a lot and I love her dearly. I already told her that and I'm happy that regardless of who am I, she chooses to be with me and I will always be grateful for that. I'm also thankful to your family for taking care of her because I will benefit the things you taught her." he bowed to Mi Kyung.

Song Yo holds on to her husband's arm. Seon Woong looked at her and she smiled at him. Seon Woong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter