Meet the brother and best friend

A Love She Deserves (Tabisan/Daragon)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwon Min Ho or Mino is staring at his phone. He feels awkward because his best friend, Lee Seung Ri, forced him to go with him to Seoul to visit his brother, Kwon Ji Yong. Mino and Ji Yong are not close since Ji Yong starts his showbiz career. He left their home so Mino lives with their mother. Their father died when Ji Yong is ten years old and Mino is three years old because of a heart attack. Their mother now lives in Jeju. Mino was grateful for his brother but Ji Yong was too busy that he couldn't even visit their mom, which made him resent him in a way.

Lee Seung Ri is their medium. He always makes sure that they still talk even Ji Yong is busy and Mino doesn't want to talk to his brother. Ji Yong is aware of Mino's resentment and he understands. Lee Seung Ri is their best friend for years.

"Yah! Can you stop staring at your phone when Hyung-nim is here?" Seung Ri said. Mino looks at him and smirks. "I should be in Busan now and checking the inventory. Not here. And why do we have to meet his girlfriend? It's not like they will last long."

Seung Ri smacks his shoulder. "Yah! Ji Yong-Hyung never introduces a woman to us aside from his ex-girlfriend. He's serious with this one. Haven't you sees his interviews? Haven't you seen her? She's beautiful and she looks nice."

Mino saw his interview and he saw Park Sandara's picture. He admits that Dara is somehow out of Ji Yong's typical type of woman but Dara made Ji Yong look like a normal person. He's curious about his brother's girlfriend but he doesn't want to look obvious.

The door of their private dining room opens and they first saw Ji Yong. "Here they come." Seung Ri said. They both stood up to greet them. Ji Yong smiles at them before he looks back and reaches his hand out for someone. A feminine hand took his hand the Dara enters the room. Both Seung Ri and Mino looked stunned upon seeing her. She's smiling shyly at them as she let go of Ji Yong's hand.

"Are we late?" Ji Yong asked.

"No, Hyung. You're just in time." Seung Ri said.

"Dara-yah, this is Lee Seung Ri, our best friend. And this is my brother, Kwon Min Ho. Guys, this is Park Sandara, my girlfriend." Ji Yong said.

"Hello, I'm Park Sandara. It's nice to meet the two of you," she said with a smile. Seung Ri held his hand out so he can shake her hand which she complies. Then, she looks at Mino who is still staring at her. Seung Ri elbows his side which made him startled and he immediately took her hand to shake it. He releases her hand immediately and looks away from her.

"Let's sit." Seung Ri said as he lightly pushes Mino to sit. Ji Yong helped Dara sit. Knowing his brother, he doesn't want him to sit across him so he let Dara sit across Mino. Mino looks flustered when Dara sits across from him. Ji Yong sits facing Seung Ri.

"When did you arrived?" Ji Yong asked Seung Ri.

"This afternoon. We just check something in Bucheon before we stroll around Gangnam," said Seung Ri.

"How's the business?"

Seung Ri sits up formally. "It's doing great. The Busan and Jeju branch is really busy lately while the Daegu branch is undergoing some renovation."

Ji Yong looked at Mino "How's mother doing?"

Mino stares at his brother. "She's well. She wants to say thank you for the package you send her. She hopes that you visit her soon."

Ji Yong nodded. "I will have a five days break next month. I will visit her."

"You should. She's worried about you." Mino said in an intense voice. Then he remembers that Dara is there. He looks at Dara who looks surprised by his tone. "Sorry."

Dara smiles. "No, you don't have too."

Seung Ri butts in. "Park Sandara-ssi, is it okay if I call you Dara-Noona?" Mino looks at Seung Ri. "Yah! You have no shame."

"What? What did I do?" Seung Ri asked.

"You can't ask her that. You just meet!" Mino points out. Dara chuckles. "It's fine. Call me whatever you want," she assures them. Seung Ri smiles brightly while Mino looks at her quizzically. Ji Yong is staring at Dara, adoring her.

"Great! So, Noona, where did you graduate?" Seung Ri asked.

"Ehwa University. I major television and film." Dara answered. "You?"

"Oh. Mino and I graduated from Hanyang University." Seung Ri said. "We have a coffee shop business together. Ji Yong-Hyung helps us at first but we already pay for it because this one insists it." Seung Ri nods his head towards Mino who is still quiet while looking at Dara. Dara is listening to Seung Ri.

"We have three branches; in Jeju, Daegu and Busan. We're planning to open here in Seoul or Incheon. We're still looking for a place." Seung Ri explained.

"Ahh... I see. A coffee shop is a hit business especially if you're located near schools or office buildings." She paused and looked at Ji Yong. "Come to think of it, there are no coffee shops near KEBN. Remember when I was asked by Mr. Ha to buy lunch for you? I need to walk three blocks to buy it."

"Really? I didn't know that it was that far." Ji Yong said.

Mino speaks. "Yah! Why did you let her walk that far?"

"We just meet that day. And it was Dong Hoon Hyung-nim asked her that. He doesn't trust others on my food or anything that needs to be delivered to me." Ji Yong explained.

Dara looked at Mino. "Are you looking for a place here in Seoul?" Mino nodded. "We check something in Bucheon. We will visit another one in Incheon tomorrow."

"Are you interested in placing your business near KEBN? Because I saw this establishment recently. It's on the side of KEBN, it's on the main road. It's a salon now but it's closing soon because the owner is moving abroad. I think it's a perfect place for your business. I could talk to the owner if you want." Dara said excitedly. Mino finally smiles. "Really? You'll do that?"

"Yes. I know almost everyone around KEBN. The place is huge enough for a coffee shop." Dara assures them.

"That's great, Noona. We should exchange numbers so you can contact us if you already talk to the owner." Mino took out his phone and gave it to her. Dara took it to input her number. Seung Ri smacks Mino's arm.

"What?" Mino yells at his friend.

"I have no shame? You're calling her Noona now!" Seung Ri yells back.

Mino smirks. "She's my brother's girlfriend. It's automatic that I call her Noona." Seung Ri raised his hand to smack him again but Dara gave Mino's phone back to him. Seung Ri took his phone and gave it to Dara. "Let me have your number too, Noona."

Dara giggles and took his phone. Ji Yong sat up. "Yah! You're not bothering her from time to time, okay? She's a very busy person too and she spends her free time with me only." Ji Yong said dramatically. Dara gave back the phone to Seung Ri.

"Don't be silly. You're busier than me." Dara looks back at Mino. "Don't listen to him. You can bother me anytime. Or maybe, we can have lunch out or something. Just give me a call or message me, okay?"

Mino nodded happily. Ji Yong took Dara's hand. She looks at her boyfriend. "Yah! What about me?" Dara just laughs at Ji Yong and patted his cheek. "Fine, fine. We'll have lunch out too."

Someone knocks on the door. "Food is here."

"Yes, please come in." Seung Ri said.

"So, what makes you decide to have a coffee shop as a business?" Dara asked. Before Seung Ri can even answer, Mino beat him, to Seung Ri and Ji Yong's surprise. They continue to talk even the meal has arrived. It's mostly Mino and Dara talking. Seung Ri is glad because Mino hates conversation. Ji Yong is happy because it's been a long time since he saw Mino being talkative.

Later, they are ready to go home. They step out of the restaurant. Mino is still talking to Dara who is laughing at his story about Seung Ri's failed flirting sessio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter