Trip to Busan

A Love She Deserves (Tabisan/Daragon)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Cut!!!" the director yells. Kwon Ji Yong let go of Lee Joo Yeon's hand and walks toward his seat. It's been a month since he and Joo Yeon starts shooting their drama 'Unrequited'. It's a story of a man who's in love with his female best friend but she has a thing for his older brother.

Ji Yong took his phone. They will have a lunch break for two hours. He wanted to see Park Sandara even for a while. Since their shooting is few blocks away from KEBN, he wants to see her.

"Ji Yong Oppa?" Ji Yong looks up and sees Joo Yeon smiling down at him. He raised an eyebrow to her. "What?"

"We will have lunch in a restaurant nearby. Would you like to join us?"

Ji Yong looks back on his phone. "No, I'm having lunch with my girlfriend."

"She can join us." Joo Yeon insists. Ji Yong looks up to her again with a serious look. "I know that. But I want to alone with my girl. I don't want anyone with us when we are together. I mean anyone." Ji Yong said sternly. Joo Yeon just smiles and nodded. She left him. Ji Yong dialed Dara's number. She answered immediately.

"Hi," she said.

"Is it your lunch break already?" he asked.

"Yes. I'm just on my way out to have lunch at the convenience store."

Ji Yong stands up. "No, don't eat there. I'm just a few blocks away. Can we meet at the sandwich restaurant?"

"Sure. I'm on my way there." Dara said.

"See you." Ji Yong and he hang up. Ji Yong went to his tent. He asks for his wallet, baseball cap, face mask, and jacket from his stylist and told his staff that he's meeting Dara for lunch. He wears his jacket, mask, and cap and left the taping venue. He walks on the street peacefully. In few meters away, he found Dara walking towards the sandwich restaurant. She looks lovely in her black loose polo, ripped jeans, and sneakers. She's carrying her wallet and she looks in a hurry. Ji Yong removed his mask and calls her name.

"Dara-yah!"

Dara looks at his direction and smiles as she sees him. Ji Yong approaches him. He reaches out immediately for her hand and holds on to it.

"Is this your outfit for the shooting?" she asked as she looks at his clothes.

"No. I just wear this so people won't bug me," he said. She giggles. "Oppa, your look gets everyone's attention. You look like you're a stalker or something," she said. She took off his mask and tilt his cap up a bit. She brushes off his jacket and looks at him again. "Much better. I wanted to see your handsome face." she grins.

He pouts. "You just like me for my face?"

"Yes! Who would like your personality? You're so clingy." she said in a deadpan tone.

"Clingy?" he asked in a pissed manner. He then hugs her and kisses her cheek. She laughs. "Yah! We're on the street!"

"I don't care. I'm a clingy boyfriend!" he kisses her other cheek. She playfully pushes him away but holds to his arm. "I'm hungry," she said cutely. Ji Yong placed his free hand in the middle of his chest. "Aggh! I'm attacked by her cuteness again." Dara slaps his arm and pulls him inside the sandwich restaurant.

They went to the counter to order sandwiches and drinks. People are looking at them. Some even snap pictures of them secretly. But they stop when Ji Yong held Dara's hand lovingly. She just smiled at him and they walk towards their seat. When their food is ready to serve, Ji Yong was the one who takes it from the counter and brings it to their table. Ji Yong sat beside Dara.

She gets one of the sandwiches and gives it to Ji Yong. "Eat," she told him. She took the other sandwich and starts eating too. Ji Yong took out his phone and opens his camera app. He took pictures of her while eating. When she noticed it, she gives me a look. He stops and starting munching his sandwich.

"How's the shooting?" she asks.

"It's fine. We will need to go to Busan this weekend to shoot some scenes."

She nodded. "When will you return?"

"I'll go home once it's done. Maybe Sunday evening. I'll take the last flight." Ji Yong said and sip some of his drink.

"How's working with Lee Joo Yeon?" she asks as she looks at him. He sighs deeply. "Why?" she asked.

"She's good at her job and she has a nice personality but I feel uncomfortable whenever she's around. She always tends to be more than my staff. Just a while ago, she invites me for lunch. When I told her that I will have lunch with you, she insists that you could join us." he huffed. "How can she say that? You, my beloved girlfriend, joining me and her. It's uncomfortable."

"Had you told her that you're uncomfortable with her gestures?"

He shook his head. "I can't. We still have a few weeks left to shoot. I don't want to make it more awkward for us. I can just avoid her as much as I can." he said. Dara sighs. "Oppa, it's not right. You should at least talk to her. Tell her that you are uncomfortable with her."

"I'll be fine. In two to three months, the taping will wrap up. I will do some Asian promotion with her and it's done."

"Kwon Ji Yong." she sternly said.

"Fine, I will talk to her soon." Ji Yong assures her.

"You should. Or else, I'll do it," she promised. Ji Yong smiles. "My Dara is so protective of me." Ji Yong said as he tucks strands of her hair behind her ear. Dara just looks at him seriously. Ji Yong sighs. "I'll be fine. I will talk to her. Not today, but soon."

Dara took a bite of her sandwich. She chews it and swallows it. "Can I come with you in Busan?" she asks. "I can stay at Mino and Seung Ri's coffee shop while you're shooting," she asks. Ji Yong smiles happily. "Really? You'll be with me in Busan?" he asks. She nodded.

"Good!" Ji Yong feels happy. They continue to eat. When they were done, they left the restaurant immediately. Dara told Ji Yong that she wants some ice cream from the ice cream shop near his taping venue so they went there and have some ice cream. After it, Dara was about to leave when they come to face Joo Yeon and her staff.

"Oh. Oppa!" Joo Yeon said. Dara looks at Joo Yeon who's smiling at Ji Yong. Ji Yong then wraps his arm on Dara's shoulder. "Hi," he said blankly at Joo Yeon. Joo Yeon then looks at Dara. "Hello, Park Sandara-ssi. we meet again."

Dara smiles. "Hi, Lee Joo Yeon-ssi."

"Are you done with lunch?" Joo Yeon asks.

"Yes. We just had ice cream as dessert. Dara has a sweet tooth." Ji Yong said as she looks at Dara. Dara looks back at her.

"I see. We're going back to the taping. You?" Joo Yeon asks Ji Yong. He nodded.

"I'll head back too," Dara said. "Fighting!" she smiles at him.

"Okay. Text me when you're at the office." Ji Yong asks. She nodded. She bows at Joo Yeon before leaving. Ji Yong looks at his girlfriend walk away then he walks back to the taping venue without even looking at Joo Yeon. Joo Yeon follows him.

"What did you eat for lunch, Oppa?" she asks.

"Sandwich. It's delicious." Ji Yong said blankly.

"I see. We had blood sausage and soup. It was really good."

Ji Yong nodded. "Really? Cool."

Ha Dong Hoon approaches Ji Yong. "Dara left already?" Jung nodded. "Yes, she has work to do." he paused. "By the way, cancel my hotel reservation for Busan. I'm staying with my brother. Just pick me up an hour early before the call time. And book me and Dara a flight going there on Friday evening."

"Dara is coming?" Dong Hoon asks.

"Yes, she wants to see Mino and Seung Ri, and their business. We're staying with them." Ji Yong smiles. Dong Hoon nodded with a smile and starts clicking stuff on his phone. Ji Yong looks back and sees Joo Yeon looking serious. "What?"

Joo Yeon looks at him. "Nothing. It's just I didn't know that Dara-ssi likes going with you out of the city." She smiles awkwardly. She can't even look at him. Ji Yong smirks. "No, she doesn't. It's rare for us to go on a trip. She's very laidback."

"Right. Uhmmm... I'll just go read my lines." Joo Yeon said as she walks away. Ji Yong is satisfied. He hopes Joo Yeon will stop nagging him.

---

That night, Dara is having dinner with Mi Kyung.

"Mom, I'm going to Busan with Ji Yong," Dara said. Mi Kyung looks at her. "Why?"

Dara shrugs "They have a shooting there. I just want to visit the place. I also want to see his brother and best friend. They are good kids." she smiles.

Mi Kyung smiles. "I'm glad Ji Yong-ssi makes you happy, Dara-yah. I have some side dishes in my fridge. Bring it to the boys." her mother said. Dara nodded.

"Are you going to stay with them?" Mi Kyung asks.

"I don't know yet. But I can stay with the boys or get a hotel room for me. I haven't asked Ji Yong for my accommodation. But I rather want him to stay with his brother. They are kind of not in good terms. Seung Ri told me that Mino resents Ji Yong when he chose to be an actor and left his family in Jeju. Their mom still lives in Jeju." Dara explains.

"Doesn't Ji Yong visit her?"

"He does. But Mino still resent him. I even ask Ji Yong why not bring his mother here in Seoul. He said that her mom wants to stay in Jeju." Dara sighs. "Mino said that their mom wants to meet me. I cannot open that topic to Ji Yong, though."

Mi Kyung smiles. "Do you want to meet her?" Dara nodded.

"Maybe Ji Yong is still looking for the right moment for you to meet his mother. Just be patient." Mi Kyung tells her. Dara smiles and continues to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter