Her Reality

A Love She Deserves (Tabisan/Daragon)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara is in her home office, doing some scriptwriting for a potential drama she wants to submit to KEBN. She wants to be productive and busy as much as possible to divert her attention so she won’t overthink.

Suddenly, her phone rings. She checks who it is. It was Seung Hyun, who’s currently in Beijing at that moment for a business meeting. She answers it. Seung Hyun smiles upon seeing his girlfriend’s face.

“Hello, love,” he greets her.

“Hi,” she said shyly.

“What are you doing?” Seung Hyun asked Dara.

“I’m just writing something” Dara shrugs as she rests her back on her seat. “How about you?”

“I will have a lunch meeting with some Chinese TV producer regarding the Chinese –Korean TV drama the company is working on. I wish you were here,” Seung Hyun frowns. Dara giggles and stares at her boyfriend’s face on her cellphone screen.

“When will you come home?” she asks.

“Next week. There’s a business conference this weekend in Singapore that I need to attend. I will give some speech,” he sighs. Dara sits up straight. “Wow. That’s something big. Why you didn’t tell me?”

“It’s nothing. It’s just a speech.” Seung Hyun shrugs.

“Yes, a speech from the CEO and President of KEBN, who happens to be my boyfriend. I happen to be interested because I am an employee and girlfriend at the same time.” She points out. Seung Hyun smiles and shook his head. “Are you that interested in me?” he teases her.

“Totally,” she answered immediately. Seung Hyun laughs heartily as Dara watches him. Seeing Seung Hyun regularly calms Dara, even it’s just a video or a picture of him. That is why she placed pictures of her and Seung Hyun in the living room, the kitchen, office, and bedroom, to Seon Woong’s dismay when he saw the picture in the living room.

“I’m very much interested in you too, love,” Seung Hyun said. Dara wants to swoon at that moment.

“Oppa?”

“Yes?”

“Can you… Can you come to my place immediately when you arrived?” she asked.

Seung Hyun smiles upon hearing what she said. “You don’t have to ask to. I will be there when I arrived,” he assures her. Dara smiles timidly. Seung Hyun looks at his side and Dara heard someone speaking. Seung Hyun just nods and looks back at her. “I need to go. They have arrived. I will call you again tonight. Okay?”

“Okay. Good luck with the meeting,” she said.

“Thanks. Bye, love.”

“Bye” she mutters and the call ended. She sets her phone aside and sighs. She looks at the picture frame of her and Seung Hyun on the table. Seung Hyun has been busy lately. The last time she saw him in person was the night before his flight to China, which is five days ago. It was the time she saw him again after being too busy. She didn’t even tell him what happened to her when she went to Seungri and Mino’s coffee shop. She’s been hearing Na Ji Woo’s voice and having nightmares about the accident for three weeks and she’s helpless. She’s ashamed to talk to anyone about it and she doesn’t want to worry them.

Dara stood up to get some water when she stops on her track and looks around. She feels like someone is in her house. She took her phone with her and went to the kitchen. She gets some glass and opens the fridge to pour some water in her glass.

‘Ms. Park.’

Dara let go of her glass as it breaks into pieces on the floor. She looks around to find who called her. Then she heard a faint laugh. It’s getting louder and louder as seconds go by. She runs towards her room and closes the door. She still can hear that too familiar malevolent laugh. She went to the bathroom to hide. She covers her ears with her hands.

“Stop. Please stop!” she said to no one.

‘He’s mine, Ms. Park.’

“Stop!!!” tears start to form in Dara’s eyes. She looks around for an escape but none. She went inside the bathtub and sat down while still covering her ears.

“Help me… Please… Help me…” she mutters while crying as she continues to hear the manic laugh of Na Ji Woo.

---

Hye Jung is smiling happily as she goes up to Dara’s apartment. She and her husband tend to check on Dara from time to time. Seon Woong worries too much for Dara. Hye Jung does too but she doesn’t want to be obvious about it. She’s carrying a paper bag of pastries for Dara.

Hye Jung rings the doorbell and waited. No one is answering. She tried again. None. She took out her phone to check if Dara has a message to her that she’s going out. She tries calling her but her phone is just ringing. Hye Jung breathes in to stay calm. She pressed the lock code of Dara’s apartment and let herself in.

The living room is empty. Son Y checked the home office before she went to the kitchen. She immediately noticed the broken glass on the floor and the door of the fridge is open. She places the paper bag of pastry on the kitchen counter.

“Dara? Where are you?” she calls. She went to the bedroom to check on her. The room is empty too but she can hear a muttering sound. She looks at the bathroom door. She went there and opens it. She saw Dara on the bathtub, covering her ears and muttering.

“Please. Help me. Help me…” Dara said while her eyes are closed. Hye Jung approaches her and kneels on the side of the tub. She touches Dara’s hand. “Dara…”

Dara flinched and opens her eyes to look at her. It took Dara a few seconds to recognize her. “Hye Jung Unnie…”

“I’m here, Dara,” Hye Jung smiles at her. Dara immediately holds on to her hand. “Unnie, help me. Please help me,” she starts crying again. “I can hear her. It’s her. I know it’s her. I… I’m scared. Help me, Unnie. Pease,” Dara begs Hye Jung.

“Come on, stand up, and let’s get you comfy. It’s too cold here,” Hye Jung said as she helps Dara stand up and guided her back to her bed. She let her sit on the edge and sat down beside her. Dara is still tense and wouldn’t let go of her hand.

“It’s okay, Dara, I’m here. Noona is here,” Hye Jung pats her back. “Breathe, Dara.”

Dara took a deep breath and released it. She repeats it until she feels well. She let go of Hye Jung’s hand and covers her face. “I’m sorry, Unnie,”

“You don’t have to say sorry. But I need you to tell me what’s happening,” Hye Jung asks her. Dara removed her hands from her face and looks at Hye Jung. Hye Jung wipes the traces of tears on Dara’s face. Hye Yen is hesitant to tell Hye Jung what’s happening to her. She just wanted to hide and cry.

“Park Sandara!” Hye Jung hissed. Dara flinches. Hye Jung sighs and softens a bit “I can’t help you if you wouldn’t tell me.” She said.

Dara stares down at her lap. “Three weeks ago, when I decided to go out after the accident, I encounter something that’s been haunting me for weeks now.” She paused and breathes. “When I left KEBN to visit Seungri and Mino’s coffee shop, I heard a voice calling me. I keep on hearing until I can hear it. It’s Na Ji Woo. Since then, whenever I’m alone or my mind is blank, I keep on hearing her. I’m having nightmares about the accident. It’s been bothering me for weeks. I feel so helpless and restless, it’s exhausting,” Dara rubs her face. “I just want her to stop but it’s like when she knows I’m alone, she’ll be there,” she sniffs.

“Dara-yah, why didn’t you tell us? Why you didn’t tell Seung Hyun?” Hye Jung asks in concern.

“I don’t want you all to worry about me. And I feel embarrassed about it,” she mutters. Hye Jung took her hand. “Park Sandara, we’re your family. Seung Hyun is your boyfriend. Of course, we will worry about you. All

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter