Struggling

A Love She Deserves (Tabisan/Daragon)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara was released from the hospital 10 days after she woke up. Being worried, Seon Woong offered her to stay with them but Dara refused. She wants to stay at her own home and she assures him that she's fine.

Seung Hyun still visits her after his work. He even stays and sleeps in her home sometimes. Dara takes that opportunity to take care of her boyfriend. Or at least make him late dinner or breakfast. They will talk for an hour or two then, he will cuddle her, and they both sleep.

It's been a week since Dara was discharged. She's working on a new story when she received an email from her former classmate in France. Dara is smiling upon hearing from a friend she met in France. She's glad that she's doing well, and working in a publishing house in London. Her friend will also publish a book soon. She remembers the time where she also wanted to publish her own book. She sighs and brushes off the idea in her mind. She clicked the reply button and types a reply to her friend.

---

"Meeting adjourned." Seung Hyun said as his staff starts to leave the meeting room. He pinches the bridge of his nose and rests his back on his seat. Jung Hwa and Justin are watching him. The couple noticed that despite his formal look, Seung Hyun looks exhausted. He's been working for 10-12 hours a day, visit his father to check on him and go to Dara to be with her. He sleeps at least 3-6 hours a day, more like 4 hours regularly.

"Seung Hyun, why don't you go home and rest. You look unwell," Jung Hwa said.

"I'm fine, Noona. I still have a meeting later. I need to be there," Seung Hyun sighs as he tilts his head from side to side. He looks at Justin. "How is the meeting with the new entertainment show?"

"Everything is well, Seung Hyun. The head of their department will bring the documents for approval in your office soon," Justin explains. Seung Hyun nods before he looks back at his sister. Jung Hwa gasps and stood at her seat. Seung Hyun's nose was bleeding.

"Your nose. It's bleeding," Jung Hwa said as she points her finger at him. Seung Hyun touches his nose and stares at his hand. There's blood. Seung Hyun looks up as he picks up his handkerchief to cover his nose. Justin approaches him.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

Seung Hyun nods "I'm fine. Don't worry,"

"We should go to the hospital." Jung Hwa suggested.

"I'm fine, Noona," Seung Hyun said in an annoyed tone.

"At least go to the company clinic," Justin says. Jung Hwa approaches him. "Please, Seung Hyun. Let the company doctor check you," she pleaded. "If you won't, I will tell Mom and Dad." he threatens him "Or Park Sandara!"

"Fine. I'll go to the clinic. But please call Dae Sung. He will accompany me." Seung Hyun stood up Jung Hwa stood beside him "I'll go with you."

"No. Let Dae Sung go with me. Just go back to your office. I'll be fine,"

"Seung Hyun..."

"Noona, I'm fine. This is nothing. I promise you, if this is something, I will tell you. You can accompany me in the hospital," Seung Hyun promised her. Justin holds on to his wife. Jung Hwa looks back at her husband.

"He's fine. Let's just ask Mr. Kang to report to us," Justin told his wife. Jung Hwa sighs and glances back at his brother. She noticed that there's a bloodstain in his dress shirt. "Your shirt," she mutters.

"I have a spare in my office. Don't worry, Noona," Seung Hyun said before heading to the exit. Justin and Jung Hwa follow him. Seung Hyun saw Dae Sung and Bom waiting outside. The two assistants approach him and noticed the bloodstain in his shirt.

"Mr. Kang, accompany me to the clinic. Ms. Park, kindly get my spare clothes in my office and bring it to the clinic as soon as you can,"

"Yes, sir," Bom said before leaving. Seung Hyun looks back to his sister who still looks worried about him. Seung Hyun nods at her before he and Dae Sung left them.

"He's fine, love. He just needs a rest," Justin assures his wife. Jung Hwa faces Justin with a sad expression in her face "I can't help but worry about him. Ever since he became the CEO, he's working too hard. It's not like he has to prove anything to anyone," Jung Hwa leans at her husband and Justin hugs her.

"Seung Hyun just wants the best for the company. And he's doing his best for his family, not for anyone. Let's be there for him and support him," Justin said. "Come on, let's go to your office and have tea. You're stressing yourself too,"

---

That night, Seung Hyun arrived at Dara's home. The living room was empty so he went to her room. Dara is on her bed, back resting on the headboard while reading a book. She looks up and smiles upon seeing him. The tiredness on Seung Hyun's body disappeared upon seeing her smile. He took off his coat and untied his necktie. He walks towards her and sat down at the edge of the bed beside her. Dara closes her book and scoot closer to him to touch his face. He leans on her touch and closes his eyes.

"Tired?" she asks.

"Very. But I'm fine," he said before he opens his eyes and stare at Dara. She rubs her thumb on Seung Hyun's cheek.

"Would you like to take a bath to relax? I'll prepare it for you," she offers.

"Only if you will join me," he grins. Dara rolled her eyes and smiles at him. She nods at him.

Thirty minutes later, Seung Hyun and Dara are facing each other while they are in the bathtub filled with water and bubbles. Dara is massaging Seung Hyun's arm while he keeps on staring at her.

"How was your day?" Dara asked.

"It was okay. Full of meetings as usual," he paused. "How about you?"

"I read a book, tried a new recipe, and watched a movie. I also write something." she sighs. "It's kinda boring. I miss going to work,"

"You're a writer, Dara. When you're ready, you can go back. But for now, just focus on your story and stay here. The media is still curious about you. They want your side of the story," Seung Hyun pulls his arm from Dara's hold before taking her hands. "I don't want them to bother you. So, if you still can, just stay home and work here,"

"It will be unfair to others." she pouts.

"You're the girlfriend of the CEO-president of the company, and that president wants you healthy and stress-free," Seung Hyun stated. Dara smiles. Seung Hyun moves back and rests his back on the tub. Dara scoots closer to him and rests her back on Seung Hyun's chest. Seung Hyun wraps his arms on her waist while Dara laid the back of her head on his shoulder.

"Oppa?"

"Hmm?"

"Can I come with you tomorrow to KEBN?" she asks.

"Why?"

"I just miss the place. And I wanna see some familiar faces," she mutters.

Seung Hyun kisses her temple "Are you fed up that you only see me, Hye Jung and Seon Woong?" he teases her. Dara chuckles as she places her hands above Seung Hyun's arms on his waist. "I'm happy to regularly see the three of you. But I just want to go out even just for a day. If you want, I can stay with you in the office or within the vicinity of the building," she promised.

"Well, that sounds good. But I don't want you to get bored. Sure, you can come with me. But you can't roam alone if you wanna go out. You can bring one of my assistants or ask your production assistants to accompany you." he says.

"Maybe Chae Rin or Jennie" she paused. "Can I visit Mino and Seungri's café?"

"Sure. But inform them so they can do some security measures. Just in case the media follows you," Seung Hyun sighs. "I wish I could hire a bodyguard for you"

"Oppa, I'm fine. There's no need for that. I'll be with my staff or in the café. I'll be safe." Dara tilts her head to look back at him "I promise that I will call you if I don't feel good," she promised.

Seung Hyun nods. "Fair enough,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter