Chapter 6

Until It's Gone

Ever since Moon Minji was introduced, Sehun and his 'pranks' started getting more ruthless. There are some days Eunhui is lucky to escape with only nasty words, and no attempts of physical violence, while other days she's not so lucky. 

Unfortunately, Sooyoung has a little too much on her plate, failing to notice Eunhui's growing troubles, but Eunhui herself tries her hardest to not involve one of her only friends in university in her troubles. Because of the growing closeness between his girlfriend and Sehun's fiancee, Chanyeol refuses to join his friends in their pranks against Eunhui, along with Tao, the foreigner has found a soft spot for his new friend. The two try their best to convince the remaining three in their group to stop with the childish actions.

But that only leads to much worse retaliation, one specific prank causes Eunhui to hurt her left arm to the extend of requiring a cast to heal the broken radius.

"What happened?" Sooyoung has her arms crossed, staring down at Eunhui as a nurse works on plastering her arm.

"I fell?" Eunhui warily says, eyeing the nurse for help, but the female shakes her head, terrified of the taller female.

"Are you asking or telling me?" Sooyoung raises an eyebrow.

"I fell."

"And how exactly did you fall?" Sooyoung asks,

"I'm clumsy. I'm always falling and hurting myself." Eunhui jokes, trying to lighten the mood. But the taller is having none of that.

"Lee Eunhui, you better tell me the truth or help me." Sooyoung startles the nurse, who looks about ready to scram out of the room.

Chanyeol hesitantly plops his head in, Eunhui catches him before he can open the door further and signals for him to leave, but Sooyoung catches her boyfriend trying to leave and manages to pull him into the room along with Tao. 

"Explain to me, why I saw Sehun spilling water on the floor, knowing Eunhui was walking to the table with a tray in her hands?" Sooyung glares at her boyfriend and Tao.

"I actually haven't been honest with you." Eunhui starts,

"I moved to Seoul for the purpose of being arranged to Oh Sehun. We're supposed to get engaged in April and a year after that we're supposed to get married. Sehun doesn't want this, but I don't know why he keeps taking his frustration out on me." Eunhui shocks Sooyoung, while the two males wait for the upcoming explosion from the pacing female. "It's not like I have much of a choice." Eunhui mumbles, Tao manages to catch it, but before he can ask her about it, the door opens once again and a frazzled looking Jongdae walks in.

"Are you okay? What did the doctors say? Shouldn't you be laying down or something?" Jongdae hurries over to the patient, looking over to check her for other injuries.

"I'm fine. Don't worry too much." Eunhui assures him.

"What do you mean don't worry? You're hurt. You were barely healed from the accident and you got hurt once again. Who did this? It was the as*hole Sehun, right? He's still using childish methods on you?"

"There's others in the room." Eunhui whispers, looking over his shoulders to watch the trio straining their ears.

"How did this happen?" Jongdae turns to the three. Sooyoung does the honor of summarizing what she saw through the cafe window.

Because Sehun is a close friend to Chanyeol and Tao, they're told to leave since Sooyoung is too upset to look at them without wanting to not hurt them. The fact they didn't think about informing her either seems to fuel her anger. She's upset at Eunhui, but she understands why she choose to keep it hidden. 

Before more questions can be asked, a physician walks in to inform them about Eunhui hitting her head a little too hard and suffering a concussion. Jongdae informs the physician about Eunhui suffering a mild one a few months ago, which results in her having to stay overnight for observation.


As Eunhui settles into the VIP room arranged for her, Eunsun and Mrs. Oh drop by with a set of clothes and toiletries for the patient.

"Hope you feel better." Eunsun half-heartedly wishes, trying to break the awkward silence.

"Thanks."

"I don't have to warn you, but keep your mouth shut." Eunsun rudely warns Eunhui, when Mrs. Oh leaves to talk to the doctor.

"If I wanted to inform your family about your behavior towards me, I would have done it months ago." Eunhui replies, surprising Eunsun since this is the first time she's talked back rather than shaking her head or rolling her eyes while mumbling childish under her breath.

"Let your brother know, what he's doing isn't pranks, but rather it's known as bullying and if word were to ever get to school administration, he would lose everything he worked for. I'm not doing anything to him, other than existing and your brother is not worth ending my life over." Eunhui tells Eunsun, before laying down and covering herself with the duvet.

"Oh, I guess the concussion is tiring her out. We should probably leave." Mrs. Oh whispers, returning to the room.

"Con..concussion?" Eunsun asks shocked,

"Her friend said she suffered from a mild concussion." Mrs. Oh explains to her daughter and soon the footsteps retreat from the room and the door is shut.

Eunhui waits a few more minutes before she sits up. The tears keep streaming down her face as she heads over to the en suite to wash up and change for bed.

She's done washing her face, when Sooyoung makes her presence known along with Jongdae.

"E," Sooyoung stares at her,

"Hui." Jongdae worriedly glances at her,

That's when Eunhui breaks down, the two hurry to catch her before her knees hit the floor and carefully help move her to the huge hospital bed.


"What the fu*k?" The male throws his head back as the person on the other end keeps talking.

"Eunhui asked me to tell you, to not let anyone else know." Sooyoung says, but Eunhui's best friend already knows that.

"It's the beanpole and his friends, right?" Her best friend asks,

"It is, but I'll try to take care of them." Sooyoung tells him.

"Please do, because if I have to get involved things are not going to be pretty for them." The male orders, anger evident in his tone.

"I'll try my best and if I can't, I'll give you a call." Sooyoung states,

"Thank you for taking care of her and being with her. I hope you'll be able to make it next time E comes for a visit, I look forward to meeting your boyfriend and Tao. E's so whipped for Tao, I'm pretty sure she's already adopted him as her younger brother." The two chuckle, before they talk about Eunhui's condition for a few more minutes.


"You should apologize to her." Kyungsoo tells Sehun over dinner. The friends are gathered at Kyungsoo's apartment as Sehun in not taking his chances of being lectured by his parents if the nerd decides to spill the truth to his parents.

"Why? I didn't do anything. She could have watched where she was going. That's why she has those thick a*s glasses for." Baekhyun laughs at the comment, though his concentration is still on his game.

"She's staying overnight at KCAT. Apparently she suffered from a mild concussion." Eunsun informs them, walking into the apartment with four bags of takeout.

"She suffered from a concussion?" Jongin asks, Sehun has to kick his friend to get him to focus back on his game.

"Sehun, I think you should stop with your 'pranks'." Eunsun softly tells him.

"They're not pranks, that's bullying." Kyungsoo snorts, his girlfriend stares at him wide-eyed.

"That's what the nerd said as well. She'll go to the administration if you keep bullying her." Eunsun tells him, Baekhyun and Sehun snort at that, while Jongin looks mildly affected.

"Who does she think she is? What are they going to do, scold me? I'm the top student, if I leave, they're going to lose their rankings and their donations. Does she not know we're the fifth biggest donors for the university." Sehun mocks,

"Bullying is serious though, If the issue gets out to media, it'll affect the company as well." Eunsun tries to reason.

"If people saw how ugly she is, they would sympathize with me." Sehun smirks, killing off more people on the screen.

"Sehun, she's also the daughter of a big name. If they're doing business with us, she has to be a big name." Eunsun says,

"She's not. I did some research, her name might be Eunhui, but she goes by Eun for family and they're one of the top 10's in Daegu. Their annual profit is what we make in 6 months." Sehun retorts.

"Why is she in the Elite suite at KCAT. They're quite exclusive, not even grandpa was moved there after his surgery last year." Eunsun argues,

"We're probably paying for it. Stock prices did increase significantly after hyung took over." Sehun dismisses her.

"Just don't mess with her. I-" Sehun's saved by the doorbell and being the only one free, Eunsun opens the door to Minji and Haera.

"Thank you for inviting us." Minji smiles at Eunsun, but the latter ignores her and only greets Haera before walking back to the living room.

"If you can't get Eunsun on your side, forget about getting close to Sehun." Haera whispers to Minji and the girl stares after the retreating figure.


"What's wrong with nerd? Did she finally decide to disappear." Baekhyun jokes, though their laughter is cut off by a sudden Bam.

Sooyoung is staring down at the three boys, before turning to glare Sehun down.

"I know everything that's going on between Eunhui and you. And we all know about your interest in Moon Minji." Sooyoung starts, sitting down on the seat right across Sehun. She looks like a tigress about to pounce on her prey.

"So, here's the deal. We keep our mouths shut and hide the arranged contract from Minji and you leave Eunhui alone. You can freely court Minji, just don't bully Eunhui. Do you understand?" Sooyoung asks, the three males are staring at her like she's grown another head.

"Are you her lawyer? Can't she tell me all this herself?" Sehun asks, trying to hide his fear behind his poker face. 

"She doesn't want to breathe the same air as you. I mean who in their right mind would willingly talk to their bullies." Sooyoung states,

"Don't say that word. We can seriously get in trouble." Jongin hisses to the female across them, hesitantly looking around them.

"You should have thought about that before you committed the crime." Sooyung says,

"Who committed a crime?" Minji asks, carrying a tray of bubble tea. The males look scared watching the smirk on Sooyoung's face.

"You should be careful Minji, rumor has it, Sehun is quite a bully to girls, especially his partners." She winks at the Minji, before throwing nasty glare to the boys and walking out of the cafe.

"She terrifies me." Jongin whispers, the other two males can only nod their heads in agreement, before smiling to greet Minji.