Chapter 10

Until It's Gone

"What's wrong with you?" Baekhyun questions, kicking at the youngest to get him to get his head back in the game. The boys are gathered at Baekhyun's apartment, as a pre-game for the Christmas Eve.

"Nothing." Sehun answers, trying to focus on the screen.

"Are you missing the nerd?" Baekhyun asks, Sehun chokes, retaliating with a kick and almost causing the pro-gamer his life.

"What the fu*k? Why would I be missing her?" Sehun quickly denies,

"I just thought you might miss pulling pranks and teasing her." Baekhyun explains, too focused on his game to see the various emotions on Sehun's face.

"You're a genius Baek." Sehun exclaims, willingly letting his character die and allowing Baekhyun a free shot at the remaining players.

"Tell me something I don't know." Baekhyun grins, watching his stats being displayed.

Kyungsoo was the only one paying attention to the conversation, which is why he shakes his head the foolishness of his dumb friends.


"Hey." Eunhui startles from her star-gazing as her siblings make their way to her.

"When was the last time we snuck out here?" The eldest of the four wonders, leaning down to lay next to his sister.

"It's been a while." Eunhui chuckles, snuggling close to rest her head on her brother's chest.

"How are you handing the situation?" Her brother asks, causing the three to laugh at his wording.

"It's fine. I'm learning how to cook, so it's nice to have an experiment monkey." Eunhui chuckles, as she explains how Sehun is usually the one who gets the food she prepares.

"Aww." Her cousin coos, snuggling close to Eunhui and pulling her younger brother close.

"I honestly just want this is to end quickly. I don't know how long I'll be able to handle it." Eunhui sighs, telling them all about how professor Kang seems to have it out for her.

"Do you need me to talk to him? Their family is one of the major trustees of the university." Her older brother suggests,

"I can't. I need to learn to handle things myself, without having to depend much on others." Eunhui sniffles, doing her best to contain her tears, not wanting to upset her siblings anymore.

"Well, just know we're always here for you."

"Of course ge, Family First." Eunhui sniffles, going back to stargazing, signaling the end of any serious conversation.


Eunhui returns with a visible tan and a huge smile on her face. To welcome their future daughter-in-law back the Oh family gather their close friends for a  barbeque night and the elders have fun grilling Eunhui about her vacation, though Eunhui doesn't complain as she answers each question enthusiastically.

"Something's different about her." Sehun wonders aloud, not intending for anyone to hear, but his sister has always had great hearing.

"She seems happy." Eunsun startles him,

"What?"

"Her smiles, they're more genuine." Kyungsoo clarifies,

"It's not like care." Sehun huffs, walking over to sit with his best friend and grandparents.

"E." Suhyun yells, seeing the younger chatting with his father while the elder is manning the grill.

"Tower." Hui giggles as her tall friend walks to her with open arms.

"I missed you, Mini." Suhyun sighs, ruffling her hair, causing her to playfully glare at him.

"Uncle, I blame you for passing your height gene to this tower." Hui turns to Mr.Oh, who laughs along with his eldest son.

"On the other hand, I'm quite thankful for receiving my father's best genes." Suhyun smirks, childishly poking his tongue out.

"Tsk. Are you annoying my E?" Junmyeon appears behind Suhyun, smacking the taller's arm, while the girl hurries over to hug the former.

"Myeonnie, he's calling us short." Hui pouts, resulting in Junmyeon glaring at their tall friend.

"I was just teasing her." Suhyun mumbles, snatching the plate out of the girl's hand and walking away from the duo.

"Sammie-Su, I was just joking." Hui calls after the tower, jumping on his back and wrapping her arms and legs around him, clinging to him like a koala.

"She might be one of the only girls to make him laugh like that." Grandma Oh chuckles, watching her oldest grandchild push his plate to Junmyeon, to hold onto Eunhui's thighs and run around their large backyard, occasionally scaring the girl with sudden spins.

"Why don't you just get them married?" Sehun wonders out loud, eyes hard as he watches his older brother and his supposed fiancee lost in their own world.

"Because, Eunhui is better suited for you." Grandpa Oh tells him.

"What do you mean?" Eunsun asks, because she has been curious on why the elders would arrange Sehun with someone like Eunhui.

"I first meet Eunhui at a company event and for someone so young, she is well-informed and well versed. After talking with her, I realized she might be perfectly suited for our spoiled brat." Grandpa Oh chuckles,

"Why would you think that Grandpa? We're both so different, our personalities are like night and day." Sehun argues,

"Sehun have you ever heard the words opposites bring balance to life. While you're a rebel, Eunhui is obedient, just as how you're aggressive, she's more passive. I truly believe she will bring out the best of you." Grandma Oh smiles, turning to see Myeon walk over his friends with a water bottle. Sehun scoffs hearing the words, while Jongin seems to ponder over them.

"What about me? Grandma, what kind of girl do you think I need?" Jongin asks,

"Does our Jonginnie have a girlfriend?" She teases, watching the younger turn bright red, as he quickly denies the statement.

"No one asks, unless they have someone in mind." Grandpa Oh teases, but the male shakes his head.

"Jongin, you need someone who is willing to bring you out of your protective shell. You've kept that heart of yours guarded because of the mess you saw your parents go through and you refuse to let yourself believe in love." Grandma Oh surprised the younger males,

"I've known you since you were in your diapers, kiddo." She chuckles at the gaping boys,

"I'm going to kill you, Suhyun Oh." Eunhui yells, startling everyone as the girl is drenched from head to toe,

"It was a honest mistake." Suhyun calls, trying to escape Junmyeon and her, but the two manage to corner him and push him in the pool, before Eunhui attacks Junmyeon to push him, but the male grabs a hold of her arm and the two tumble into the pool.

Everyone is busy laughing at the trio, failing to notice the slight frown on the youngest Oh, as he angrily chomps on his food.


Eunhui has just changed out of her wet clothes, attempting to head back to the backyard when she stops in front of the specific beach picture. She's not sure how long she's staring at it, when a clearing of a throat gets her attention. 

Sehun isn't surprised at the way she visibly flinches away from him, almost banging her head on her wall with how far back she attempts to move way from him.

"I hope you had a good vacation." Sehun mumbles, quickly walking away from the stunned girl.

He turns back to check on her, but he only gets her back as she literally runs away to escape him. Sighing, he goes back to look over the picture that seems to have her so fascinated that he's caught her staring at it too many times than he can count. But all he sees is the black and white beach view, with that couple in the background.

Sehun sighs, remembering back to his brother cornering him and telling him just how disappointed he is because of his younger brother's bullying tactics, especially when Eunhui has done nothing wrong to warranted the hate she's getting from him. After that incident, Suhyun warned him, if he attempts to hurt Eunhui again, Suhyun won't hesitate to tell their parents on how exactly Sehun has been treating Eunhui.


"Baby, I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you." Sehun says, he's seated in his car, tired from the long hours spent at the studio.

"We were supposed to go clubbing, What's more important than me?" Minji is annoyed at her boyfriend for canceling on her for the second time that week.

"Family dinner." Sehun fibs, since he completely forgot about meeting her as he was too caught up with the dance choregraphy.

"Don't lie to me, I see your sister and her boyfriend." She catches his lie, due to which he has to admit the truth,

"Seriously Sehun. Because of stupid dance choregraphy."

"Minji." Sehun frowns, knowing his girlfriend can't see him.

"Sehun, classes start tomorrow and instead of spending the last night with me, you choose to spend time in your dance studio. How does that make me feel?"

"It's dance."

"So? I'm your girlfriend. I should be your priority." She tells him,

"Minji-"

"I don't have time for your excuses. Talk to me after setting you priorities straight." She hangs up on him.


"E." Sooyoung cries, running to hug the short girl, after not seeing her for over two months.

"Did you have a good break?" Eunhui greets a well-rested Sooyoung.

"I really needed the time off. And you don't look bad yourself." Sooyoung comments, looping their arms as they walk to the cafe.

"My grandma kept feeding me, saying I lost too much weight. And dad wouldn't stop bringing home treats." Eunhui tells her, the two girls pause just outside the cafe, watching Minji stomp out of the cafe, while Sehun hurries to catch up to her.

"I feel like those two break up just to keep their relationship interesting." Sooyoung scoffs,

"They both seem hot-headed. They need to work on controlling their anger and trying to understand each other." Eunhui says, before pulling Sooyoung inside.

"Eunhui." The two women are surprised hearing the voice, especially since he's never once called her by her name.

"Baekhyun." Eunhui nods, as the male hesitantly hands her a warm cup,

Seeing her wariness to drink from the cup Baekhyun hurries to let her know it's a thankful gesture.

Reason for the sudden niceness, the morning of Christmas, Baekhyun got an invitation to a join a Real Life action play of his favorite video game. 

"It was nothing. I thought you might like it." She shrugs, before heading off to her usual table.

"It wasn't nothing to me. It meant a lot to me." He shyly tells her,

"Baekhyun, I didn't do that to get on your good side. One of the organizers asked me if I knew someone and the first name I thought of was you, because you're a good player. I would have suggested literally anyone I knew that was as good as you. Seriously, you don't need to be nice to me because of something like this. It's weird and honestly quite uncomfortable." She walks away, leaving Baekhyun staring after her.


"Ms. Lee." Eunhui sighs, halting just as Prof. Kang stops in front of her.

"Clean the board for me." He instructs, before walking out the auditorium, 

She barely manages to wipe of the last of the board, before the door slams open and Sehun pushes the door shut with his lips connected to Minji's.

The two are unaware of the third presence, so Hui decides to discreetly leave the room but to her luck, just as she manages to get close, the door is once again slammed open, pulling the couple's attention.

Sehun sneers seeing Eunhui, while Minji just looks shy at having been caught, when Tao bounces into the room, not even sensing the awkward tension.

"Sis, Did you hear about the over-night trip. You're going right?" Tao chirps, dragging Eunhui out the room,

"Of course, I am." Eunhui tells him, trying her best to seem casual,

"Sweet." Tao asks, leading Eunhui to their next class.


"I heard about the overnight trip. Are you guys going?" Suhyun asks, as the Oh family is having dinner.

"Of course, Oppa. " Eunsun smiles, though Suhyun only nods at her. Suhyun seems to still be somewhat cold to his siblings, learning about the difficulties they've given Eunhui. Sooyoung was more than glad to catch Suhyun and Junmyeon up on it, because the victim herself didn't want to be the reason for the siblings to have problems amongst each other.

"Sehunnie, are you going?" His mother asks,

"I am." He nods,

"Where is it?" Grandma Oh asks,

"It's some resort close to Busan." Eunsun tells them, glaring at Eunhui as Suhyun and her keep whispering.


"Mr. Byun." Baekhyun jumps, trying his best to act like he's supposed to be there.

"Dean, You look beautiful today. Did you get a haircut?" Baekhyun flirts, trying to get out of trouble.

"Thank you for the compliment, but last I checked you're supposed to be on Bus 2." The lady raises an eyebrow, Baekhyun turns to his friends for help, but they all look away, not wanting to get in trouble with their Dean of the College of Business.

"Mr. Byun, if you would please return to your assigned bus." The Dean instructs, Baekhyun glares at his friends, pouting as he begrudgingly makes his way to the exit.

"Baekhyun." Eunhui smiles, entering the bus. "I'm really glad to have you helping me." She says him, surprising the male.

"Ms.Lee, care to elaborate?" The Dean asks,

"Dean Choi." Eunhui bows, "Prof. Lee wouldn't be able to make it due to a family emergency, and Prof. Kim called out, leading to a shortage on professors to watch over the students. Prof. Shim and Prof. Kim decided to split up and assign two students as their assistants. Baekhyun and I are helping Prof.Kim on here, while Shinhae and Hyojoon will be assisting Prof.Shim on Bus 2." Eunhui smiles, the Dean looks hesitant but Jongdae joins and confirms Eunhui's words, she nods, leaving after one final check.

Baekhyun tries to thank Eunhui and Jongdae, but the two shrug it off, heading to take a seat at the back of the bus allowing them to watch over everyone.

"Three hours of fun. Here we come." Baekhyun yells, startling the people around them,

"No thank you. I rather catch up on my sleep." Kyungsoo groans, stuffing his headphone on, and covering his girlfriend and him with a blanket as they close their eyes.

Sooyoung and Chanyeol are busy in their own worlds, while Tao sneaks to the back to sit with Jongdae & Eunhui. Baekhyun, Jongin and Sehun spend the entire trip on their switch, the one time Baekhyun yells out loud, Kyungsoo smacks him hard, effectively scaring him and the other two into silence.


"It's so pretty." Sooyoung coos, taking in the beautiful scenery they get to enjoy for that weekend.

"I hope I'm in your group." Sooyoung pouts, hooking arms with Eunhui while her boyfriend helps with the bags.

"I hope so too." Eunhui smiles, grabbing her duffel bag and heading to check into their rooms.

Coincidentally Eunhui, Sooyoung and Eunsun end up as room-mates for the weekend. After they're done dropping their things off and refreshing, they gather in the conference room.

After the boring speeches and rules being explained the teams are finally announced. There are 10 teams consisting of 6 members each. Sooyoung, Kyungsoo, Eunsun and Eunhui get chosen as team leaders. Tao ends up with Sooyoung's team, while Chanyeol is with Eunsun, Jongin is with Kyungsoo, while Sehun and Baekhyun end up with Eunhui.

"I know everyone's tired but there's something each team must complete, before you are dismissed." The Dean says, as a professor gets on stage.

Each team is first given a scenario to solve, and the faster they solve it, the more money the team will be awarded.

Sehun makes his displeasure for working with Eunhui known, when he refuses to provide any feedback to the questions his team asks, due to which he's effectively ignored. Thankfully, their team manages to come in third place behind Sooyoung (1st) and Eunsun (2nd).

With the money won, the teams can either save it, or choose to invest it into 6 respective companies controlled by their professors/dean.

Several of the teams choose to save the money, while Eunhui and Sehun come to a disagreement on how to handle the situation. While Eunhui proposes to invest a little into all of the companies, Sehun mocks her, calling her dumb for not saving it up.

"What's the point of saving the money? It's just going to be sitting there. Wouldn't you rather invest it?" Eunhui asks, trying to persuade her other members,

"That's stupid, you don't even know how your money is going to be used?" Sehun argues,

"Just let me try this and if we suffer a loss tomorrow morning, we can follow Sehun." Eunhui suggests, the members look at the small amount of bills (Monopoly bills, of course.) in Eunhui's hands and decide to take the risk.

Eunhui and Sooyoung chuckle as their teams 'invest' with each venture.

"Why did you give Prof. Choi only that much?" Jinwoo asks, the real estate company had the least investments.

"Real estate value has been decreasing." She answers, the male nods at her, before pulling his phone out.

"Why agriculture?" Nana, another member asks,

"White Day is coming up." She explains, 

"Ahh, and Hotels?" Jinwoo asks,

"Well, it is White Day." Baekhyun has a dirty smirk on his face as he winks at Nana, the girl blushes and hurries to look away from the handsome male.