Chapter 24

Until It's Gone

Kim Group announces wedding of their eldest son, the CEO of KCAT to the youngest daughter of Zhang Corps.

After years of speculation, Kim Minseok and Evalyn Zhang confirm their relationship with news of upcoming wedding.

Lee Eunhui, who took over as the CEO of Zhang Corps K, a little over a year ago, is announced as future Mrs. Kim Minseok. Are they the next business arranged alliance after Kim Jongin of Doh Industries and Min Hyesun of MinT?

Lee Eunhui/Evalyn Zhang revealed to be Oh Sehun's ex. Insider source claims they were engaged.

After the wedding of Zhang Yixing and Ahn Nayoung, younger sibling Zhang Evalyn follows her brother with tying the knot to Kim Minseok.


"Hey." Evalyn chirps, popping her head inside the office.

"What's wrong?" She asks, noticing the dark look on her CFO's face.

"Someone really wants to die." Jongdae huffs, handing her his tablet.

"It's just one article Dae." She tells him, though she herself is nervous as the number of views and comments keeps increasing at a fast pace.

"I already talked to Minseok and Ge, hopefully it'll be taken care of soon." Jongdae says,

"It's just lies, I'm sure Sehun will deny if he's asked and of course we'll be doing the same." She tries to assure herself.

"Are you sure of that?" Jongdae asks,

"I'm not. But we can hope." She sighs,

"I guess this means no lunch?" She pouts, plopping on the couch.

"Somehow I doubt that." Jongdae mumbles under his breathe, just as his cousin's phone pings.

"Oh. Minseok's here." She wonders, looking at Jongdae, but the male merely shrugs.

"I guess I'll see you later. Don't forget about the meeting with MUA, we need to negotiate the final designs and-"

"I know. I read the files. Go, your fiancee is waiting for you." Jongdae rolls his eyes, as his cousin runs out his office, before leaning back on his chair and staring at the picture of his girlfriend.

"I miss you." He coos, at the picture.

"I miss you too." The sweet voice gets his attention as the lady in the picture is standing in front of him.

"You're back?" Jongdae says, still in disbelief as his girlfriend has been overseas for the past few months for a work project.

"I'm back." Heara smiles, as Jongdae runs to pick her up.

"I missed you." He cries, hugging her tightly as she pats his back.

"I know, I missed you too."


"Hey." Evalyn greets, getting into the car. Minseok leans over to kiss her cheek before they're driving off.

"Jongdae said he talked to you about the article?" She asks, once they're on the road.

"I have a team working on it." He simply states,

"Who do you think it was though?" Evalyn asks, because the few people who knew about the alliance are all trustworthy.

"I'm not too sure, but Yixing is working on that." He tells her, kissing her knuckles.

"Do you think this will affect us?" She asks, scared at the thought of losing Minseok.

"I won't let it. I promised myself to never let anyone hurt you again and I'm going to keep that promise for the rest of our lives." He assures her.

"Should we give Sehun a call? I mean, just to make sure we're all on the same page." Evalyn asks, just as her phone goes off,

"It's Suhyun." She says, answering the phone.

"Hey, Sehun just called me about the article. He says he's trying to work on getting it removed, but the publisher is refusing as it's generating a lot of traffic for them. But he just wants to let you know, he's working on it."

"I was just about to call you. Can you send me his number? I think it'll be better if we talk to him directly."

"Of course. Oh Corps and Sehun have already denied the claims, but the media is being adamant."

"Thank you. I'll call you back. Just give Sehun a heads up about me calling him."

"I can talk to him, if you don't want to." Minseok tells her, but his fiancee simply rolls her eyes.

"I can handle it."

"I'm not worried about you." He scoffs, tightening his hands on the wheel, as she dials the number.

"Eunhui?" Sehun sounds the same, causing her to smile.

"Hey." She says, not knowing how to start the conversation, her fiancee rolls his eyes as she gives him a wide-eye look.

"About the article, I'm not sure how they got that information, I'm trying to find out, but my connections are limited and I'm focusing on getting it removed first." He starts,

"Suhyun told us. Min's team is working on getting it removed, while Ge is trying to figure out where the information came from."

"Congrats on that. Your engagement. I think that's the happiest I've ever seen you." Sehun chuckles,

"That's the bare minimum when she's with me." Minseok says, glaring at the phone as if it's Sehun himself.

"CEO Kim. Congratulations to you as well."

"Thank you." Minseok simply says,

"We'll keep you updated on what we find." She tells him, just as Minseok's phone pings.

"Read it for me." He asks,

"The article has been removed, along with the website closing down?" Evalyn looks at him.

"They tried to hurt my Eevee, I'm not letting them get away with it." Minseok states, pulling into the parking lot.

A low whistle on her phone gets their attention as the couple remembers Sehun still being on the phone.

"CEO Kim is truly terrifying."

"You should know. After all, I was the one who had the frog video taken down." Minseok scoffs,

"That was you?"

"Who else but the trustee would have quick access to the university page?"

"Let's talk later. I'm getting a call from my brother. Take care Sehun."

"You too Eunhui and CEO Kim."

"I still hate him." Minseok declares, turning the car off.

"It's understandable." She nods, amused at her fiancee's behavior as it's the first time she's seen him act so childish.

"You're mine." He asks, lacing their fingers together.

"Always." She tells him, leaning over to peck his lips, but the male chases after her lips for me.

"Let's continue later. If we're late, your brother will kill us." She tells him, carefully wiping at his lips, while he does the same for her.


"The reporter who published that article is Jang Yeonmi. At first glance it wasn't noticeable, but with more digging we found, she actually changed her name over a year ago. Born Moon Minyeon, Moon Minji's older sister. Apparently, she's the one who keeps trying to write negative articles about Evalyn. But the editor always refused as the articles were purely subjective. However, that editor was fired recently, allowing her to publish the article." Yixing informs them, tossing the files on the large table everyone is gathered around.

"I'm sorry you had to cut your honeymoon short because of me." Evalyn smiles at her sister-in-law, who is quick to smack her arm.

"Don't apologize for something that's not your fault." Nayoung scolds her, even as Minseok is glaring at her for hitting his fiancee.

"I'm sorry. I didn't even know she had a sister." Sehun's voice booms through the speaker phone.

"It's my fault, I should have checked for all loose ends." Yixing sighs, but his wife is quick to assure him.

"She's right, ge. It's not your fault. Let's just be thankful it's not something major." Evalyn tells her brother.

"Something major? E, this isn't something major. You had to close your SNS because of all the nasty comments, don't get me started on the dozen other articles that keep popping up." Jongdae tells her,

"Let's talk later." Evalyn gives him a pointed look, before glancing at the phone on the middle of the table.


"Moon Minyeon/Jang Yeonmi was a PR director at Moon Construction before Zhang Corps took over. A few months later, she was fired due to embezzlement charges and her parents kicked her out. After which she disappeared and came back as Jang Yeonmi and started working at SpiceNews! She consistently visits her sister every Sunday. No permanent living address. Everything else is in there." Chanyeol briefs them, handing them a manila folder, with details about Yeonmi. 

"Taeyoung is looking forward to sending another Moon sister away." Sooyoung chuckles,

"I don't think slander is reason enough to serving time." Eunhui tells them,

"But stalking is." Chanyeol points, "In the past week, Yeonmi has managed to be in the same exact location as you multiple times. Just look at information inside, you'll understand what I mean."

Yixing immediately opens the folder, only to gasp at the numerous pictures of Yeonmi walking around with a big DSLR along with many of her taking pictures of his sister.

"Lia kept telling me about the bodyguards feeling as if someone's following you, but they're never able to confirm it." Yixing shakes his head.

"Good luck." Sooyoung winces, seeing Yixing reach for his phone.

"Ge, please. I really don't think I need more bodyguards." She tries to convince him.

"Bodyguards. Twinkle, you're under house arrest until we catch this psycho." Her brother tells her,


"How is this right? I mean, what crime did I commit to be placed under house arrest? Uhh, If I see that bi*ch, she better run." Evalyn fumes, ruthlessly killing everyone in her path.

"E, that was our teammate." Baekhyun yells, but the girl is too upset to care.

"If I were you, I would stay out of her way as well." Sooyoung mumbles, watching the gamers play on their laptops, while she tries to catch up on work.

"He-"" Die, you freaking as*ole." Minseok is surprised hearing his fiancee cuss, but he's already heard from Yixing so, he's not too surprised.

"Babe, I got your favorite cake." Minseok calmly says, but the girl is too absorbed in her game.

"Not me. I'm on your team. Don't kill me, please." Chanyeol yells, as Evalyn character is running towards him, thankfully she spares him.


"I think this is one of the few times I've seen her this upset." Sooyoung tells Minseok, watching him put the cake into the fridge for later.

"She's just masking her fear. She's terrified because no one knows what Moon MinYeon wants or what she's planning."  Minseok explains.

"That's why I suggested a game night to them. I just didn't think it would lead to this." Sooyoung rolls her eyes as they hear loud yells from the living room.

"It's a better stress relief than having Tao and her fight it out." Minseok rolls his eyes, remembering the one time Tao needed stress relief and he asked Evalyn to fight it out with him.

"I was honestly scared for Tao at that time. Yixing and Jongdae looked close to killing once they returned from the hospital." Sooyoung shudders, thinking back to Evalyn hurting her arm due to the bo staff and having to get a couple stitches.

"Where's the cake?" Baekhyun grumbles, stomping into the kitchen.

"Dude, your wife is on a rampage. She ruthlessly killed me and I'm her teammate." Baekhyun whines, heading straight to the fridge.


"Are you sure this was a good idea?" Junmyeon asks her, nervously looking around the cafe, while she clacks her tongue.

"Stop worrying. Look this is the first time in over three weeks that I got to leave the house. Let me enjoy it." She tells him.

"I can't stop worrying E. There's a reason you're under house arrest. We still have nothing on that psycho." He hisses,

"I can't stop living my life because of her. She's going to come out sooner or later. Why should I hide, when I haven't done anything." She retorts, smiling as the server drops of their food.

"Did you even tell Jongdae or Taeyoung?" Her best-friend asks,

"What do you think? Of course not. They wouldn't have let me step a foot outside." She snorts,

"And what makes you sure they're not going to find out? And what about your bodyguards?" Junmyeon asks her, 

"Well, Jongdae is having dinner with the Parks, Taeyong is with his friends and Lia thinks I'm sleeping. Jaein, Hyesun and Soohi only got lucky because they caught me sneaking out." She shrugs, pointing at the three bodyguards sitting at another table.

"Hyung and Xing are going to be pissed when they find out." Junmyeon warns,

"They can be pissed all they want, I'll deal with the consequences later, and don't worry Myeonnie, I'll take the full blame." She rolls her eyes,

"You better, I'm getting bad vibes about this, E."

"Do not bring your negativity near my cakes. Take it somewhere else."


A few hours later.....

"The Young Miss is missing."