Chapter 28

Until It's Gone

It's past midnight when a male stumbles into the kitchen, though to his surprise, someone is already there.

"Hey." Minseok snaps out of this thoughts at the sight of his soon-to-be brother-in-law, looking worriedly at him.

Minseok merely nods his head, as Yixing heads to get himself a water bottle.

"Nightmare." Yixing asks, knowing his sister occasionally suffers from them.

"I really want to take her away from here. This place has hurt her so much but I don't, I don't know how to bring it up to her." Minseok sighs, playing with the empty bottle around.

"You still haven't talked to her?" Yixing asks,

"I brought it up once, but she completely shut me off. I don't know how to bring it up again, I don't know If I should try again." Minseok deeply sighs,

"Do it. It's going to keep bothering you, until you don't. " Yixing advices,


"What are you two laughing over?" Jongdae asks, rudely, watching Sehun and his cousin huddled close together.

"Baekhyun's reaction, but it still doesn't beat Jongin's." Eunhui laughs loudly, handing the tablet to Jongdae before she checks on Junmyeon.

"Shouldn't you be out of here by now?" Jongdae eyes Sehun,

"Dae." His cousin chides, not that he really cares.

"I have an internal injury, it didn't require surgery, but the doctor advised a few more days in the hospital." Sehun answers, slightly flustered by his former professor.

"Is it still not healed?" Evalyn asks, missing the glare her cousin throws her,

"Somewhat." Sehun shyly says, rubbing his nape.

"E, don't you have a meeting you need to get to?" Jongdae says, his cousin hurries to check her calender, quickly gathering her things.

"I'll see you later. Call me if you need anything." She hugs Junmyeon, before waving at the other patient as she hurries out of the room.

"Should we get you moved to a private room. I mean the psycho sisters are in jail, we don't really have to worry about a threat." Jongdae grumbles, missing Junmyeon rolling his eyes, while Sehun puts on headphones.


"How is she?" Minseok asks his fiancee's secretary, the lady gives him an iffy look,

Minseok winces, nodding at her while knocking on the office door.

"Come in." The yell startles him more, before he cautiously enters,

"I come bearing gifts?" Minseok mumbles, holding out a basket filled with her favorite snacks.

"Have I mentioned that I love you." She sighs, shoulders slouching as he sets the basket on her desk and moves behind her chair to massage her shoulders.

"I still like hearing it." He replies, kissing her forehead.

"How do you deal with a narcissistic, misogynist, excuse of an as*hole." She voices,

"Like the boss you are. You're the highest authority of the company and if he wants to keep working with you, he needs to accept that fact. If he's truly being a piece of crap, the next time he comes in intimidate that jerk with your superior knowledge." Minseok answers,

"I wish it was that simple. I know S.Korea is still somewhat backwards, but I just didn't think people our age would hold on to beliefs like this. I hate this."

"How do you feel about working at the Singapore or the Hong Kong branch then? If you're not happy here, we can always move there." Minseok suggests, chewing at his inner cheek as he feels her shoulders stiffen under his palm.

"I like it here, Seok. I really enjoy this job and I know I complain a lot, but I also like the free reign I have here and more importantly, I'm happy I get to run this place with Jongdae." She softly says,

"Can you truly be happy in this country? You've gone through so much pain and hurt here. And the fact I can't be there when you need me, kills me. Every time I think about it." He says, turning her chair around, so they're face-to-face.

"I think for the betterment of our relationship, it's better that we settle down here." She carefully says,

"E. I want you to think about yourself. What you want." He tells her, crouching so they're at eye level.

"And I want what makes you happy." She simply states,

"Baby."

"I like Seoul and I'm happy that I get to work alongside Jongdae. Yes, I'll miss Ge, Jie, Taehyung, Nayoung, and everyone else, but I like the fact I still have Suhyun, Junmyeon with me. Regardless of where we move, I'm not going to have the chance to stay with everyone as we did when we were young. Here I have other friends I can depend on. If we move to Singapore, you're going to be handed the Presidency of Kim Groups and I know you don't want that. If we move to Hong Kong, you're going to be made the Vice-Chairman. I know how much you enjoy being the CEO, and getting to fly around the world is what makes you happy and that makes me happy." She states,

"But if I got promoted to the President or Vice-Chairman, I wouldn't have as many trips. I would get to spend more time with you." He argues,

"Min, you know we don't work like that. You and I enjoy our privates times. We've never had an issue with our relationship before."

"Is this how it's going to be after marriage then? I'm constantly going to be out of country and never around when you need me?" He snaps, more upset with himself than her.

"Marriage doesn't mean change, it's just a title letting us legally claim each other. We're not going to change just because we get married. Our relationship will stay the same and I'm sure if you were feel the need to settle down for a while, you can send others for the out-of-country trips. There's more than enough qualified heads." She assures him.

"If you ever want to move, let me know. And I'll be ready in a heart beat." He tells her, leaning in for a kiss.

"I'm at work." She pulls back, though she gives him a peck, seeing him pout.

"My cute Jiggly puff." She coos,

"Don't push it, Eevee" He shakes his head, while she pulls him in for a hug.

"On a serious note, I talked to my therapist and I think if I left the country it would be a temporary relief, but staying here I can do my best to overcome everything. I'm not in a bad place Min. I ran and you got to me on time. I survived and I'm done trying to hide." She tells him, shocking him as she rarely talks about her sessions, not until he asks about them.

"Of course you did. My strong love. You survived, but moving won't be running away." Minseok tries to tell her.

"I know, but I want to get over it Min. Associating bad incidents to a place is not good. I don't want the past to restrict my future and as you know, I've stopped needing medications for a while now. I haven't had a nightmare in weeks, nor any panic attacks." She tells him. He simply tightens his arms around her, kissing her head.


"When's the wedding?" Baekhyun asks, scanning his surroundings and seeing no one in sight.

"Probably sometime next year." Evalyn says, finding a target and slowly following after them.

"So, how did Minseok figure out it was time to propose?" Chanyeol softly asks,

"HOLY FU*K, PARK CHANYEOL, ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT PROPOSING?" Baekhyun yells, causing all of his team mates to rip their headphones away.

"Byun Baekhyun, I will eviscerate you, if you do that again." Evalyn threatens, hearing chuckles from Tao, and Nayoung.

"I am. I've had the ring for months, but I'm not sure if Sooyoung wants to get married." Chanyeol sighs, Evalyn can imagine the sad puppy look on his face.

"Yeol, you have nothing to worry about. Sooyoung won't reject you." Tao assures him,

"Did you have any plans on how you're doing it or?" Evalyn trails off,

"I was thinking....."


"When's my next meeting?" Minseok snaps at his assistant, tossing his suit jacket on the couch, as he's stomping to the desk.

"What's got you in a bad mood?" He snaps his head to see his favorite person, beaming at him.

"Evalyn." His frowns turns into a soft smile as he literally runs to pull her into a hug.

"How was the trip?" He asks, pulling her into his lap as they cuddle on the couch.

"Exhaustive. I missed you so much." She smiles, fixing his hair.

"I can't believe they're getting married before us." Minseok chuckles, eyeing the wedding invitation on the table.

"I'm more surprised about them waiting so long to get married." Evalyn scoffs, remembering the afternoon she spend with the bride.

"Is it weird, that I'm not as stressed. I mean, we're getting married in less than two months, but it still hasn't phased me yet." Evalyn wonders, watching Minseok playing with her fingers,

"Maybe, because we already behave like a married couple." He teases, ticking her waist, causing her to squirm in his arms.

"Minseok Kim." She warns,

"So, what was with the mood swing?" She asks, feeling him tense up, as he talks about his day.


"Congratulations." Evalyn wishes, hugging the bride, while Minseok congratulates the groom, before the photographer calls for them.

"I can't believe they're getting married before you." Baekhyun teases, nudging Evalyn as they watch others greet the couple of the evening.

"Really?" Evalyn deadpans, seeing the groom lean over to kiss his bride, as more people come to greet them.

"No, but like they got engaged after you." Baekhyun points out,

"Everyone has their pace. On that topic, why is it that you're the only bachelor left, Even Tao has a girlfriend." Jongdae points out,

"Hey!" Baekhyun squawks, "Sehun is also single." He points, Evalyn coughs at the statement, ignoring the subtle glare thrown her way.

"Not for long. He's been talking to someone." Tao chimes in,

"That beanpole can't do this to me." Baekhyun whines, storming out the room to look for said beanpole. The rest of their friends share a laugh before they're urged to their seats for the start of the ceremony.


"Did it come in?" Sooyoung whispers, carefully eyeing the closed door as Evalyn sneaks into the room with a small box.

"Yeah. It did." Evalyn smiles, opening the box for Sooyoung to carefully inspect the contents inside the package.

"OMG. It's perfect." The bride cries, carefully to keep her voice down.

"I'll pack it up for you." Evalyn smirks, make sure to hide it carefully, while Sooyoung finishes her last minute touches.

"I'm so happy for you two." She says, quickly blinking her tears away.

"I know. Thank you for being here for me." Sooyoung hugs her tightly, not caring if her reception dress gets slightly wrinkled.

"Babe. You ready?" The Groom asks, walking out the bathroom, only to pause at the sight of his wife and her friend still engaged in an embrace. He simply shrugs before standing behind his wife, to wrap one arm around her waist while he pats Evalyn's head. 

"As nice of a moment this is, you two should really be heading down. You were scheduled to enter 15 minutes ago." A sassy tone gets their attention, as they see Baekhyun leaning against the door, one perfectly manicured eyebrow raised at the three.

"It's rude that I wasn't invited for a hugging session, but we're really running late." The male states, pointing at his watch.


"Adopt me." Baekhyun states, droopy eyes directed at Minseok as the couple of the weekend welcome them at the front desk.

"Excuse you?" Minseok has an eyebrow raised, as the male attaches himself to his fiancee.

"It was the entertainment center. I told you to not over do it." Jongdae mumbles, grabbing a key from the receptionist as he pulls his girlfriend and their luggage to the elevator.

"If you don't want to adopt me, can you let me occasionally borrow your jet." Baekhyun tries to negotiate with his gaming buddy.

"That's going to be a hard No. You're rooming with Suhyun. I hope you don't mind." The to-be bride winks at him, handing him the key before she's off to help the others settle in.

"Why Maldives? Couldn't you have done this somewhere that was a little chiller." Nayoung whines to Minseok, knowing the location was her sister-in-law's choice.

"I'm sorry. It's just too warm for me and I'm so tired." She suddenly tears up, scaring the to-be groom, thankfully Yixing is quick to help calm his wife as the two head for the elevators.

"Jie, can you please stop working for like one minute?" Evalyn scolds her cousin as she sees the lady having a conversation with the manager of their resort.

"Work waits for no one, sister-in-law." Luhan sighs, grabbing their key card from her. Kissing his fiancee before he heads to drop of their luggage.

"Thank you for inviting us and providing us with travel." Eunsun tells Evalyn,

"Thanks for coming." Evalyn smiles at her, before hurrying to her best friend and her man of honor.

"I'm glad you were able to make it." Minseok smiles at Sehun, the taller nods at him as Minseok hands him a key card. "We were going to put you with Tao, but he's bringing his girlfriend with him, so."

"It's fine. I prefer having a room to myself." Sehun states.


"When are Chanyeol and Sooyoung getting here?" Baekhyun wonders, seeing as his best friend has been on his honeymoon for the past two months.

"They should be here soon. Sooyoung texted me a few minutes ago." Evalyn states, looking over her texts.

"They're here." Sehun says, pointing at the couple, walking into the restaurant.

"Uhm, is it just me or does Sooyoung look different." Baekhyun points out, seeing as the lady seems to have quite some curves compared to her previous thin figure.

"Let's not point it out." Evalyn warns, knowing how sensitive the topic can be for many women.

"I don't mean it in a bad way." Baekhyun loudly says, wincing as Chanyeol asks him what he meant.

"Nothing, he meant nothing." Eunsun tries to warn Baekhyun to not say another word.

"I was just saying Sooyoung looks different." Baekhyun rolls his eyes, ignoring the death glares thrown his way from several members at the table.

"What do you mean different? Bad different? Is it because I got fat. I told you, I'm fat." Sooyoung says, looking close to tears, not even listening to her husband's assurance.

"I meant it in a good way. I mean, you look really hot. Like extremely y." Baekhyun clarifies, not even bothered by the words leaving his mouth.

"Really?" Sooyoung blinks at him, unshed tears lining her eyes as she continues staring at him, before bursting out into tears.

"Baby." Chanyeol tries to calm her down, but the girl is sobbing her eyes out, even as the others return to the table with trays filled to the brim with drinks and food.

"What's going on?" Jongin asks, looking at the couple.

"Baekhyun, did you really mean it?" Sooyoung asks, getting her cries under control.

"Yeah. Of course. If you weren't married, I would definitely hit on you." The male answers, still shocked from the extreme reaction, failing to see the amused looks thrown his way from a few certain people.

"So, I don't look fat or like a whale?" She asks again,

"Fat. God no. If anything, you're literally glowing." Baekhyun assures her, looking around the table for answers, no one really has.

"So, Pregnancy glow does exist." Sooyoung nods, gladly accepting the juice her husband passes her. Haera is the first to react, as she runs to hug her sister-in-law and brother, with Baekhyun smacking his best friend for not informing him sooner.

"How long?"

"What?"

Evalyn is the only one not surprised by the news, as everyone jumps to congratulate the couple.

"E knew." Tao points out, the girl smirks, silently sipping on her drink.

"Close to 18 weeks." Chanyeol proudly smiles, though it's ruined when Kyungsoo opens his mouth,

"Didn't you guys get married like two months ago?" He points out, and soon everyone is teasing the soon to be parents.

"What's going on?" Nayoung and Yixing asks, seeing the wild scene as everyone is surrounding the newly weds.

"They're pregnant." Baekhyun yells,

"You too!" Nayoung turns to Sooyoung.

"Too?" Evalyn voices, looking at her brother and sister-in-law/best friend.

"We're 10 weeks along. I just found last week." Nayoung is quick to say.

"Another one." Evalyn jumps to her feet, crying as she hugs the couple tightly.

"I'm happy for you both." She backs off, quickly wiping the tears away, noticing her fiancee intently looking at her.


I really want this to be done within 30 chapters,

but i want to write more cute little scenes.

The main plot is done, this is just somewhat of an Epilogue, I guess?