Chapter 9

Until It's Gone

"What are you doing?" Chanyeol startles the male hiding behind the pillar, failing at being discreet.

Chanyeol imitates his best friend's action, poking his head only to be confused when he spots Eunhui, Sooyoung, Jongdae and Tao sitting at one of the outdoor tables outside the library.

"Why are you spying on them? What new plan are you guys forming? Stop this childishness already." Chanyeol scolds his best friend.

"We're not. Not right now. I just can't believe she beat me." Baekhyun pouts, crossing his arms and Chanyeol can't stop the roll of his eyes.

"She's good." Chanyeol acknowledges,

"She's freaking great. She beat me." Baekhyun exclaims, startling a few students walking by, though he doesn't care much about them.

"Maybe ask her for tips?" Chanyeol suggests,

"Tips? From Fugly. Not over my dead body." Baekhyun scoffs, throwing one last look at Eunhui, before stomping away.


"Hey." Sooyoung chirps as her boyfriend joins the table and kisses her forehead.

"You guys are coming to the game tonight. Right?" Chanyeol asks.

"Of course. Your #1 fan will be there front and center." Sooyoung grins at her boyfriend, while the group watches fondly.

"It's the last game of the semester. Of course I'll be there." Jongdae says,

"Su and Myeon are dragging me along, so I don't really have much of a choice. " Eunhui playfully complains,


"Is he really in Seoul?" A young lady with long auburn hair asks,

"He is." The blonde-haired male answers,

"So, they're not going to meet?" Another woman, this one with long, raven hair asks,

"They can't." The blonde male answers,

"But it's them. Everyone knows Ki-"

"Suhyun called him yesterday. He didn't realize it was his family, not until he met E."

"It's not his fault, from what Jun said, the younger Oh's are too cocky and so are their friends." The blonde speaks up,

The group is interrupted as a secretary dashes into the office. "Sir, The chairman wants Director Lu and Director Kim in his office."

"We'll be there soon." Director Lu waves the secretary away,

"Let's talk later." The raven-haired male tells them, before walking away with his fiancee.


"Finally" Eunhui groans, seeing the three familiar faces.

"Don't look too excited." Junmyeon jokes, "I had to pick up the school merch, to support my baby brother." He adds,  proudly showing off his 'merch.'

"Unlike him, I'm here for you."  Suhyun smiles at her, Junmyeon & Jongdae roll their eyes at the overly sweet tone the taller is using.

"Aww. Thank you ge" Eunhui coos at the taller,

Sooyoung and Eunsun are already seated with Minji and Haera.

"E. You made it just in time. They're about to start soon." Sooyoung says, patting the seat next to her for Eunhui to take.

"You're here." Minji chirps as soon as her eyes land on Junmyeon, the male gives her a small smile, before he turns away to join Sooyoung and Hui's conversation.


"Congrats." Suhyun pats Sehun's back for the victory, while Junmyeon congratulates Jongin.

Everyone ignores the overly affectionate display between Chanyeol and Sooyoung.

Eunhui is trying her best to console a weeping Tao and Baekhyun is throwing kisses to surrounding crowd.

"Why don't you guys change and meet us in the front?" Kyungsoo suggests, looking extremely uncomfortable with the crowd pushing in on them.

"Sure." Eunsun is quick to agree, wanting to get away from the touchy crowd.

"E, where do you want to eat?" Junmyeon asks, as the remaining group makes their way to the parking lot.

"Italian." She states, looking at Sooyoung for confirmation, the latter excitedly nods her head at the suggestion.

"I'll make the reservations." Suhyun says, pulling away from the group.

"So, who exactly are you?" Minji asks, glaring at Eunhui.

"Someone who's really glad you're here." Eunhui smiles, ignoring the look of confusion on Minji's face.

"Should we just text them the location. They can meet us there." Jongdae suggests, noticing the slightly awkward atmosphere. 

"I rode here with Chan." Haera says,

"You can ride with me." Jongdae is quick to suggest, Eunhui narrows her eyes at the interaction, but Jongdae avoids looking at her.

"E, Let's go." Junmyeon pulls the girl to his car.


"Should I get wine?" Eunhui mumbles to herself,

"No." Four voices startle her, causing her to pout.

"Oppa" She pouts, puppy eyes on full effect as she stares at Myeon, knowing he's the only one who'll fall for her tricks, he looks over to Suhyun, but the taller is quick to excuse himself from the room with an excuse of a phone call.

"You shouldn't drink much. You're still on painkillers." Myeon tries to explain, but the corners of turns down, "But you can have a few sips from mine." Junmyeon resolves, turning that frown upside down in less than a second.

"Oppa is the best." Eunhui beams, leaning to kiss his cheek, and that's exactly when the door slides open and the basketball members halt at the scene. Though Eunhui and Junmyeon are unaware of the stares, as Eunhui pulls her chair closer to Junmyeon to take a closer look at the menu.

"Myeonnie, I want something with Alfredo." She says, before the two disappear behind the menu.

"Who is this?" A loud nasally voice gets their attention as a female walks into the room, only to cling to Jongin.

"Who is she?" Eunsun asks, disdain clear on her face.

"I'm with Jongin. Yoon Bitna." She smiles, though Eunsun only nods, before turning away. Another pair of eyes remain on the couple.

"Look who I found." Suhyun beams, dragging someone into the room with him.

The group turns to see a shorter male following in after the giant, the male looks quite reluctant to enter. Not many notice the duo stiffen at the entrance.

"Hyung" Jongdae greets, hesitantly hugging him.

"Hyung" Junmyeon smiles, pushing Jongdae away. Junmyeon motions Jongin over before quietly introducing the two. 

"Bro, join us." Suhyun urges, but the shorter is quick to decline.

"Is she okay?"

"What do you think?" Suhyun asks, watching Eunhui lift Junmyeon's wine glass to her lips.

"She shouldn't be drinking." The shorter male sternly says, though his eyes remain on Junmyeon.

"Just join us. We've been trying to stop her, but she won't listen to us." Junmyeon says, trying and failing to get the glass away from her.

"I can't. I have a meeting. I'm sorry. " The shorter says, before walking out the room without another glance. Before any questions can be asked Sooyoung slyly shifts the attention to the basketball game and the guest is forgotten by almost everyone.


"Hey, Fu*ly." Eunhui cusses, as she comes across the three musketeers. Of course, they would stop her when she needs to hurry and get somewhere important. 

"Guys, I seriously don't have time for you childish pranks." She tries telling them, but Sehun only has an evil smirk as he closes the distance between them.

"I heard you're going back home, why don't you do the both of us a favor and not return?" Sehun smiles, before he's pouring his warm coffee over her head. He ignores the small whimper when the  liquid makes contact with her skin. 

"What the fu-" She can't even continue as Sehun pours another liquid on her, this one much colder than the coffee, but Eunhui can already tell it's going to be a pain to remove the stickiness from her skin and hair. They both choose to ignore the liquid dripping from her eyes as she hangs her head low and hears the gathered crowd laughing.

"What the fu*k is going on?" A loud voice booms, pushing the people away trying to get to the center.

"E." Jongdae gasps, seeing the shaking girl hanging her head low, while Oh Sehun holds a bottle of soda over her head.

"What the hell Oh Sehun? Are you still in high school?" Sooyoung sneers, pushing the boy away from her friend, as Jongdae removes his blazer, to wrap it around the shaking girl.

"It's just an early Christmas present." Sehun shrugs before walking away, Baekhyun and Jongin follow after making sure no one recorded the incident. 

A glare from Sooyoung has the crowd dissipate within seconds, after which they hurry to get Eunhui washed up.

Eunhui somehow manages to get them to not tell Junmyeon or Suhyun about the incident.


"Good morning." Eunhui greets, walking to take her seat beside Suhyun for breakfast.

"Hui, give your family my greetings." Grandpa Oh says,

"Of course I will. I'm sure Yeye has already sent over his greetings." She smiles, as she eyes the plate of pancakes. Suhyun notices and pushes the plate towards the younger.

"Thanks Ge." Hui grins, helping herself and getting started on her meal.

"When do you return?" Grandma Oh asks,

"I'll be returning a few weeks before the semester begins." Hui smiles,

"You're going to be gone for such a long time." Mrs. Oh has a frown on her face,

"It's not enough time to spend with my family, but I'll appreciate all I can get." Eunhui tells them, though the Oh elders are upset over not getting to spend time with her, while the young members couldn't care much.

"What time is you flight? I'm sure Sehun will be able to drop you off." Mr.Oh says, Sehun has to control himself from glaring at his father, failing to notice Eunhui tense up in her chair.

"Thank you for the offer, but Suhyun and Myeonnie are dropping me off." Eunhui is quick to decline.

"I'm sure Sehun can join you guys, Sun should tag along as well. You youngsters can get out of the house." Grandma Oh suggests,

"Grandma, I'll take Sehun and Sun out some other time." Suhyun declines on behalf of his siblings,

"But..."

"Mom, let them be." Mr.Oh shakes his head.


"You have to call me once you get there and we need to video call at least once a day." Sooyoung says, hugging the shorter tightly.

"Got it. I'll be sure to text you everyday and I'll do my best to video call as often as I can." Eunhui smiles at her close friend, watching her cousin climb the air-stairs with a final wave to their friends.

"Take care of yourself." Sooyoung tells her,

"You too and you should be getting your Christmas present on the 25th. I hope you'll like it." Eunhui tells her, hugging her once more and following after her cousin.

The three head back to their cars and wait for the stairs to be removed and see Eunhui looking over them from the window to wave.

"I'm sure you don't know about this, but your brothers caused a scene on campus yesterday." Sooyoung starts, Tao, Jongdae and her had decided that Suhyun and Junmyeon need to know what troubles their younger siblings get in to.

"What did they do?" Suhyun frowns, not getting a good feeling, but Eunhui only returned late at night and immediately looked herself in her room.

Sooyoung narrates what happened and the two older males are both fuming.

"I keep hearing these things about Sehun and it's so hard, because this doesn't sound like my younger brother." Suhyun shakes his head, not knowing how to deal his brother.

"I'll talk to Jongin. I can't believe they would do this." Jumyeon sighs,

"No wonder, he ran off the minute he could." Suhyun scoffs, remembering his brother book it after breakfast.


"She's gone ." Sehun cheers,

"I'm going to miss her." Tao pouts,

"Seriously?" Sehun glares at the panda.

"You know, once you get to know her, you'll realize she's actually quite nice and caring and very kind." Tao defends,

"But she's so nerdy." Baekhyun argues, "I mean her glasses are bigger than her face and her hair is so puffy, like a bird's nest."

"Try to see beyond the superficial looks. Honestly, Baek she beat you at your own game." Tao quirks an eyebrow at the oldest.

"Whatever, I don't really care for her. I don't want to know her now or ever. I'm glad she's gone and like always I hope she stays gone." Sehun mumbles, gulping down the rest of his beer and mentally cursing his best friend for abandoning him once again.


park ~ Jongin. 11.19pm.


"What happen?" Sehun asks, walking over to the bench.

"She ended our arrangement." Jongin tells him, Sehun pauses at the news.

"Why? I mean, the two of you were going on for almost 5 years now." Sehun asks,

"She caught feelings. She wanted something more." Jongin shrugs,

"More beer." Sehun asks, setting the bag between them.

Sehun ends up spending the first two weeks of winter break, partying with his best friend. 


After over two weeks of not seeing his own bed, Sehun chooses to go back home after his daily morning gym sessions. As he gets close to home, he realizes he won't have to see Eunhui, since the girl has gone home. Needless to say, the staff members are quite surprised seeing the young master walk around with a beaming grin on his face. However, the smile falls when Young Master makes his way to the kitchen and takes a sip of his Post Workout smoothie, only to end up spitting it back out.

"What the fu*k is this?" Sehun questions, glaring at the staff. 

"It's a smoothie sir." A maid timidly says, though she hurriedly backs of at the deadly glare directed her way.

"You call this terrible crap a smoothie? Did we have a change in staff or did you suddenly forgot how to cook?" Sehun sneers, glare directed at the chef.

"Sir, Eunhui was the one to prepare your smoothie. She has left some premade, that would have last you for a couple weeks, but it seems as if Young Master Suhyun had also taken a liking of them." The chef explains, Sehun is flabbergasted hearing the truth. He always assumed one of the newly hired staff members were the ones making his drink, but thinking back the drinks started appearing after Sehun once complained to Eunhui about the nasty protein shakes that are provided at his gym. He didn't' really think much when they started appearing, only that though the drink was healthy it also didn't taste as bad as the protein shakes, and months have passed he's been almost depended on the smoothies.

Sehun nods, before directly looking at the chef, "I'm sure you're more than capable of making one much better than hers." He walks away.


He tries is best to not let the smoothie incident bring his mood down, and it seems to be working he's already looking forward to going to the studio to help with a new choreography.

But of course, he's once again reminded of the nerd, when he gets to the garage and sees the empty parking spot.

"Where's my car?" Sehun asks, pointing at the empty spot.

"Ms. Eunhui let Mr.Tao borrow the car in her absence." The butler answers, not failing to see the anger take over the young master.

"Who is she to make that decision?" Sehun fumes, his hands, trying his best to calm down.

"Well, Young Master, the car belongs to Ms. Eunhui. It's a gift from her brother. It arrived a few months ago and you used the car before we could stop you. Ms. Eunhui was gracious enough to let you parade it around as yours." The butler subtly chides, because unlike the elders in the family, the servants are well aware of their Young Master's dislike of his arranged to-be.

Sehun chooses to ignore the jab, internally grumbling as he heads to another car. 


"You were all chirpy this morning. What happened between me dropping you off and now?" Jongin questions his best friend, plopping down beside him after the long day.

"Fugly happened." Sehun grumbles, before ranting about everything that happened that morning. Jongin doesn't know how to react, other than laugh at his best friend's misery.

"She's not here and she still manages to ruin my day." Sehun whines, getting to his feet and heading to the changing room as he has a date with his girlfriend.


Even while he's with Minji, his mind keeps coming back to Eunhui, thankfully Minji doesn't notice or if she does, she doesn't seem to mind her boyfriend's inattentiveness.

Sehun is exhausted by the time he's home and once again he's reminded of the nerd's absence when he sees the empty armchair in the living room . It's where Eunhui always sat reading a book or on her laptop, when he came home. He sighs before heading up to his room.


After a couple days of grumbling, Sehun manages to pick up his happy mood at the absence of Eunhui. Though he does get curious, whenever he sees his family on video call with her.

Which is exactly how he ends up sitting in front of Suhyun's laptop on video call with Eunhui.

"Merry Christmas." Eunhui wishes, slightly bowing before looking elsewhere to avoid his gaze.

"Merry Christmas." Sehun says, clearly surprising her, and making him scoff.

"Were you really expecting me to brush of a mere greeting?" Sehun asks her, noticing her slightly flinch.

"Can you blame me?" She jabs, looking up to meet his gaze.

"Thank you for the present." He mumbles looking at the bracelet adorning his wrist.

"You're welcome." Eunhui fakes a smile. Before they can talk more, Suhyun returns and Sehun is extremely uncomfortable seeing the relief on Eunhui's face.