Chapter 7

Until It's Gone

"Where's Eunhui?" Grandpa Oh asks, Sehun and Eunsun freeze at the question.

"She's staying over at a friends place. They have a project they need to work on." Mrs.Oh answers,

"I can't believe I didn't notice her gone for almost a week now." Grandpa Oh scolds himself.

"Are you ready for your ball?" Grandma Oh asks Eunsun, the girl starts bouncing in her seat as she explains the decorations planned out by the event planner.

The Oh family throws an annual ball for the only daughter to celebrate her birthday. The family is also excited about the return of their oldest son, since he has been out of the country for over 6 months now.

"When is his flight?" Grandpa Oh asks,

"Hyung said not to worry about him, he's flying in with a friend so they'll drive back together." Sehun answers, while the three women are too caught up with their discussions.


"Am I allowed to bring Minji as my date or does it have to be the nerd?" Sehun barges into his sister's room and dramatically falls on the bed.

"I don't think the elders will be happy about you bringing another girl as your date, considering there's several board members going to be present as well. And if you don't want to be seen with Eunhui, just come with your friends, no date. That's what we have been doing for the past years right." Eunsun proposes, adding finishing touches to her makeup and hair.

"Uhh, I hate this so much. I wanted to ask Minji to be my girlfriend, but if she can't come as my date, I'll have to explain everything to her." Sehun groans,

"Tell her, so she won't be blindsided." Eunsun advices.

"By the way, I'm doing it tonight. I think I'll take her to the garden and ask her there." Sehun tells her,

"We're not doing it at the usual place, we moved the venue." Eunsun practically skips over to him.

"Why do you look so happy about it?" Sehun doesn't know if it's her I'm too happy or I'm super nervous smile, they're both quite familiar.

"Because my party is at the Zhang International." Eunsun moons over the thought of the luxury resort.

"Wow. They're going out for this one, aren't they." Sehun comments, his sister agrees, running around trying to gather last minute things.


"I'm really worried. We haven't seen Eunhui in over two weeks now." Kyungsoo points out, but his childish friends don't seem to care much.

Grandpa Oh takes the stage and announces the official start of the ball and soon there's soft music playing in the background, a few couples are already dancing and the servers are going around with trays filled with hors d'oeuvres and champagne.

"Minji is here. I'm going to go get her." Sehun tells the group, heading out the door. Sehun is too busy scrolling through his phone to see a certain someone walk right past him.

"There's Chanyeol." Jongin notices the tall male walk into the ballroom, his girlfriend on his arm, followed by Jongdae, Tao and Eunhui.

"Couldn't she have left the glasses at home." Baekhyun scoffs, calling the group their way. They notice Eunhui being pulled by Tao, since she's reluctant to join them.

"Be nice. Don't say a word." Kyungsoo glares at the two, before smiling at the group.

"Eunsun will kill you if she finds out you were late." Kyungsoo jokes, greeting Sooyoung.

"Somehow I doubt that." Sooyoung mumbles, making sure to only greet Kyungsoo.

"I need something to drink. E, let's go." Sooyoung pulls her along, noticing the disdainful looks on Baekhyun and Jongin's faces.

"I like the dress Nerd." Baekhyun yells after the two, Eunhui responds with a single finger.

"Oh Feisty Fugly." Baekhyun stares after the two, choosing to focus on the swaying of their hips. He's harshly pulled from his ogling as two hands smack him rather hardly on the head.

"That's my girlfriend." Chanyeol growls,

"That's for ignoring my words." Kyungsoo says,

"What's up man?" Sehun pats Chanyeol and Tao on the back, joining the group with Minji and Haera behind him.

Jongdae sneers at Sehun, before he makes an excuse of finding the girls. Chanyeol and Tao greet the male, but the awkward tension is quite evident. 

"Hi." Minji awkwardly greets the group, while Haera attempts to greet them with hugs.

"Don't touch them." The overprotective brother pulls her back, before she can hug Jongin.

"It's just a hug." Haera pouts,

"It always starts with just a hug." Chanyeol refuses to let her out from under his arm.

"I'm going to go say hi to some others." Haera frees herself, walking away from the group. This time, Jongin is victim to a much harder smack than Baekhyun.

"Don't even think about touching my baby sister." Chanyeol growls at him. Sehun barely manages to suppress his laughter.

Thankfully Eunsun provides a good distraction, stomping her way to them.

"The bi*ch is here." Eunsun frowns, Sehun whips his head to watch a girl with a ridiculously tacky fur jacket walking with someone dressed just as tacky as her.

"Oh, I like her jacket. I wonder where she got it from." Minji comments, causing another round of whiplash, with the group turning to stare at her.

"What? They're on the trend." Minji defends, but the judgment is already formed for them.

"I'm going to go find a server." Minji warily backs out the group, Sehun follows behind her, mouthing at them to be nice.

"I don't care how trendy they are, those things are horrific. They're uglier than Fugly." Baekhyun cringes,

"Can you stop calling her that. She has a name and it's Eunhui?" Tao yells,  loud enough to draw attention, and startle his friends.

"Eunhui? Are you talking about Lee Eunhui?" A deep voice asks, walking to the group. Eunsun lights up at the sight of the male and hurries into his open arms.

"I missed you so much. You better plant your in Seoul for the next year, Oppa." Eunsun scolds her older step-brother.

"Hyung, it's been a while." Everyone goes around the table greeting the group, failing to notice Jongin freeze at the sight of the shorter male behind the oldest Oh child.

"Jongin, How have you been?" Suhyun hugs the frozen boy, before returning to his friend.

"Meet my friend Kim Junmyeon." Suhyun introduces the shorter male, Junmyeon bows to the group, before walking up to Jongin.

"I missed you squirt." Junmyeon beams at the younger,

"Me too, hyung." Jongin chuckles, tightly hugging his older brother.

"How's Mom doing?" Junmyeon asks,

"She's fine."

"Oh Suhyun." A shriek interrupts them. Eunsun fumes at the tacky fur female walk hurrying them with a huge smile on her face, but what's more annoying is watching her brother's face light up with a bright smile.

"I swear if he forgave her, I'm going to kill them both." Eunsun mumbles, watching the tall male speed walk in the direction of tacky fur. The glass in her hand is safely removed by Kyungsoo, though the anger turns out to be for no reason as Suhyun walks past tacky fur without a single glance.

They hear a cheery Ge, before Suhyun wraps himself around a petite lady. They're unable to see her, considering Suhyun is much broader and taller than the female.

"She's here." Junmyeon beams,

"Who?" Eunsun looks confused. Too many things are happening at once.

But she does notice the ugly look on tacky fur's face, as she stomps her way towards the hugging pair.

"This is going to be amusing." Junmyeon pulls his phone out, watching the angry female pry the hugging pair apart. The group barely manages to conceal their gasps, when they see the woman Suhyun hugging turn out to be no one other than Eunhui, and the girl is practically beaming with all her whiter than white teeth beautifully on display, though that quickly turns to disgust at the sight of the person who pulled them apart.

"Who do you think you are hugging my Hyun?" Tacky Fur demands, hands on her hips, glaring Eunhui down.

Eunhui looks at Suhyun once, but the male looks extremely uncomfortable, especially since they're drawing an audience.

Eunhui smiles brightly, though anyone can tell it's a fake smile, before looping her arm with the beside her. "Ge, who is this deranged psycho that keeps calling you hers? As far I know, you don't belong to anyone, but yourself." Eunhui glares at the woman.

"Do you know who I am?" Tacky Fur tries to fight back.

"A cheater and a gold digger. Do you need me to say it louder for the people in the back? Do you want everyone to know you're trying to climb up the social ladder, or exactly how you're trying to, considering you don't really have the ability to climb it." Eunhui sneers, watching tacky fur lose color from her face.

"You." The girl tries to lunge for Eunhui, but Suhyun is quick to pull Eunhui behind him.

"Don't even think about it." Suhyun growls, ready to defend the girl standing behind him.

"Hyun, let me exp-" Tacky Fur is cut off by Eunhui pushing Suhyun aside,

"No. You don't get to call him that. Matter of fact, Don't ever show up in front of him or me. Consider it a warning." Eunhui says, harshly. Without sparing the girl another glance, she starts dragging Suhyun away from the scene.

"That ing bi*ch. I ing hate her. That fu*king gold digger bi*ch. How dare she ing show up in front of you. Especially after all that crap she dared to fu*king pull. And you. Why could you not stand up for yourself? Ge, you let that tramp walk over you once, don't make the same mistake again. If she so much as looks in your fu*ing direction, I will fu*king destroy her. Don't fall into her lies, again. I wasn't here-" Eunhui would have continued to scold him, had it not been for a familiar voice speaking up.

"I know I try to blend in, but I'm disappointed you still haven't noticed me." Suhyun sends Junmyeon a thankful look as Eunhui turns her attention to the pouting male.

"MYEONNIE!!!" Junmyeon practically cocoons the petite girl in his arms, wrapping his whole body around her.

"I missed you so much." Eunhui cries, as Junmyeon sways them from side to side, mindful of her injured arm.

"I missed you too." Junmyeon smiles, pulling back slightly to see her face, before he pulls her to his chest again.

"Eunhui has quite the colorful vocabulary." Tao comments, shaking his head in an attempt to rid his ears of all those colorful words.

"What?" The non-Chinese speaking people ask, while the ones that were able to understand share a knowing look. 

"She was basically scolding Suhyun." Eunsun summarizes for them, looking displeased at the attention her older brother is giving Eunhui.

"She's friends with my hyung as well." That news doesn't surprise everyone, as they're watching Junmyeon practically baby Eunhui.

"E, remember I was telling you about my little brother. Meet Jongin." Junmyeon beams, introducing one of his closest friends to his younger brother.

"Your younger brother is Kim Jongin." Eunhui hesitantly asks, looking at the older Kim. The older beams and nods, wrapping an arm around Jongin's shoulder.

"He got to stay with mom, while I was shipped off with dad." Junmyeon jokes, the smile falls of his face when he feels her stiffen whenever Jongin so much as glances at her.

"Oh." Eunhui mumbles, looking quite uncomfortable at the stares,

"She's the girl arranged with Sehun." Eunsun sneers. Though the look Eunhui sends her, along with the reaction from her older brother and his friend, she wants to take back the words.

Junmyeon tries to pull Eunhui behind his back, and the soft look on his face is hardened as he glares at the others.

"Sehun isn't happy with this arrangement, is he?" Suhyun asks,

"Do you even have to ask that? I mean look at her." Baekhyun condescendingly states, giving Eunhui a once-over. He fails to notice the glares being thrown at him.

"Jongin also?" Junmyeon doesn't continue, already getting his answer as the girl refuses to even look at him.

"Where is Sehun?" Suhyun asks with an eerily calm voice, choosing to ignore Baekhyun for the moment.

"Ge. I'm hungry. Let's go get something to eat." Eunhui tries to distract him, taking a hold of his forearm, but the male gently pries her hands off him.

"Where is Sehun?" The older repeats once again,

"Ge, please." Eunhui pleads, but the taller male turns to her with a small smile, "Go eat with Jun." Suhyun shares a look with his friend, before turning back to scan the large ballroom.

"Is that him?" Junmyeon points to the doors, behind the appetizers, seeing the tall boy ducking out the back door.

"I'll be back in a few." Suhyun says, brushing off the imaginary dust from his shoulders, before he moves to follow after his youngest sibling.

"Suhyun." Eunhui tries to follow after him, but Junmyeon keeps a strong hold on her forearm,

"Myeon." Eunhui pleads, causing the male to loosen his hold, before he sighs and links their fingers together.

"May I suggest increasing the volume in here?" Junmyeon politely says, before leading Eunhui through the crowd, to follow after their tall friend.

"Do we follow or not?" Baekhyun asks, Jongin answers by taking off after his brother & Eunhui, the others following him.

Sooyoung and Jongdae fail to notice the commotion, they're too focused on sampling the various finger foods and dessert options available.