Chapter 18

Until It's Gone

"They're here." Auntie Jang says, opening the doors wide open as a group of uniformed people walk in, some dressed more professionally.

"That's her." Jia points to the crying crocodile as the officers look around the crowded room.

"Moon Minji?" The officer asks, the girl vigorously shakes her head as the lady holds out a pair of handcuffs.

"You're being arrested on the charges of mental and physical harm, assault and aiding and abetting with Mr. Kang Seungil in the abduction of Ms. Lee Eunhui." The lady states, putting the handcuffs on the shaking girl, however no one seems to have any sympathy for her. 

"Additional harassment charges will also be filed by Mr. Kim Junmyeon along with an attempted assault on Ms. Ahn Nayoung." A formal dressed male states, nodding to the police officers to take the criminal away.

"I wasn't alone. Sehun broke her arm. They also bullied her. Why am I the only one being taken away." Minji yells, as she's dragged away. The yells don't seem to end for even as the officers lead her out the house.

All the evidence is handed over to the professionals and after a brief chat, the professionals head out.

"Let's just wrap this up for now. There's many unfinished matters, but no one seems to be in any condition to talk about it at the moment." Luhan sighs, tiredly looking around the haggard faces.

"We're taking Jun to the clinic. Just to be sure the lowlife didn't infect him with her germs." Jia sneers, looking over Sehun, Eunsun is quick to shield her brother from the glare, though Jia barely lets out an unamused scoff.

"Can I come?" Jongin shyly asks, worriedly looking over his brother.

The look on Jia's face is enough to suggest she wants to respond back with something snarky, but she composes herself for the sake of her friend. "Whatever." She mumbles, following behind Junmyeon and Yixing with Jongin following after them.

"We'll be off too. Goodnight." Nayoung waves, pulling Eunhui, Taehyung and Jongdae out of the room. 

Minseok sends a look to Luhan and Suhyun and the two nod before heading out the room.

The Seoulites are confused as Auntie Jang guides them to the dining room.


The house feels too quiet as Sehun sleepily makes his way to the dining table. There's a variety of breakfast items laid out, yet there's not a sign of anyone but the staff and him being awake.

Sehun shrugs, working to fill his plate when he hears the whispers heading towards him.

"I can't believe Moon Minji would fall so low?" Jongin and Baekhyun's temporary partners.

"Honestly, just thinking about how she treated Eunhui brings tears in my eyes." How fake, Sehun snorts, remembering the odd looks they were giving Eunhui during their trip.

"It is horrible. And the fact she unknowingly helped that ert. I can't believe one of our university professors is so horrible."

"I hope she rots in jail. Especially after hurting Sehun like that."

"Same - Oh, Hi Sehun. Did you sleep well?" One of them asks, but Sehun doesn't care to look at them, eyes on his food.

Slowly the rest of his friends trickle in, filling the table.

"Where's my brother?" Jongin asks one of the maids.

"The young masters left the house pretty early this morning. They usually return by noon." The maid informs them, leaving them to eat.

"Sehun, how are you feeling?" Eunsun asks, leaning against her brother.

"I'm fine. I'm not as hurt as you think." Sehun truthfully answers, "I'm just disgusted with her, I can't believe she would use something that sensitive to gain sympathy." Sehun clarifies,

"It's not like no one was warning you." Sooyoung scoffs, glaring at Sehun when he looks at her.

"So, what exactly did they mean by aiding and abetting? Who's Kang Seungil?" Chanyeol asks, trying to dissipate the tension between his girlfriend and close friend, and finally getting to ask what exactly went down when he left the room.

"Remember Suhyun texted us asking about Eunhui on Friday." Tao nods, while Chanyeol murmurs, "Last day before spring break." Sooyoung looks around the table, watching everyone squirm in their seats as they remember the contents of the video.

"Sometime after midnight, Jongdae texted me about Eunhui being found. But I didn't think it was anything serious. Until I visited her at the hospital. She was in bad shape, physically she has a few injuries, but mentally she's shaken up. She had a head injury, thanks to Sehun's little girlfriend." Sooyoung sneers, Eunsun glares at her, Sooyoung merely raises an eyebrow, almost challenging her to say something.

"Eunsun," Kyungsoo pulls his girlfriend back, looking at Sooyoung to continue.

"She also had a huge bruise on her abdomen, another gift from your girlfriend." Sooyoung mockingly smiles at Sehun, "She had several other minor cuts and scrapes along her elbows and knees. I didn't understand what was going on until Jongdae said they were able to extract DNA from the bites. There were so many bites on her neck, leading down to her stomach." Sooyoung gripes her chopsticks, trying her best to stop her tears. "They confirmed the DNA matched to Prof. Kang."

Everyone at the table understands the meaning behind the words.

"Was there more?" Sehun hesitantly asks, almost afraid of the answer.

"Why? You think she didn't suffer enough?" Sooyoung snarls,

"Sooyoung." Her boyfriend worriedly glances at her,

"No. It stopped at that. But at the hospital, she wouldn't let anyone touch her. She would screech till dried up if anyone stepped close to her. With males it was much worse. That's why Jongdae is so pissed. He tried to calm her, but she had a breakdown." Sooyoung tells them,

"Sadly, Eunhui is one of the luckier ones. I was with Minseok, Nayoung and Taehyung when they got the files. They found multiple videos with other students on his university issued laptop and they suspect there's others, but they're being threatened to keep quiet." Sooyung cries, letting her boyfriend pull her close. "Minji basically handed Eunhui over to that ert when she left her there to bleed."

"I always was wary of Minji. I knew her from a few classes, but a year ago she started clinging to me and I never really cared much. But when she found out about me ending my last 'fling' she started showing her true colors. Which is why I stopped hanging out with her. But then she somehow caught Jongdae and me and tried to blackmail us, threatening to report us and everything, not knowing that we had already informed the administrative department." Haera shares,

"Why didn't you tell me?" Chanyeol asks his little sister,

"I couldn't tell anyone, not Jongdae or you. If I told you, I would have had to tell you about Dae, knowing it would get awkward between the two of you, since he's still your professor. I'm not embarrassed about my relationship, we're not doing anything wrong, but Jongdae wants us to stay hidden, as a way of protecting me until he finishes the term and leaves the university." Haera answers, fond smile on her face. 

"He's going to leave?" Tao asks, upset as Jongdae has become one of his favorite professors,

"He was only here until Prof. Eo returns from her maternity leave. He was always just a temporarily substitute." Haera tells them.

"So, like is he related to Eunhui?" Eunsun asks,

"Yeah, they are cousins. Jongdae's mother and Eunhui's father are siblings." Haera informs them.

"Can he be her professor?" Baekhyun asks,

"Technically, E's not taking his classes. She's finishing up her master's." Sooyoung adds,

"What is up with these siblings? Why are they so academically advanced?" Baekhyun whines,

"According to Dae, the quartet a.k.a Jongdae, Eunhui, Taehyung and Nayoung are complete nerds who have a streak of competitiveness. Even though they're the youngest, the four finished high school with the three oldest and hurried through their undergrad and are now apparently trying to play who can get more degrees." Haera chuckles,

The group moves on to other topics, trying their best to distract Sehun from his thoughts about Minji and her betrayal.


The Seoulites are just done with dinner and lounging around the huge living room, when loud noises get their attention and a few minutes later, the other group walks in chattering and laughing loudly. Sehun feels a spark of anger at the sight of Minseok walking in with his arm around Eunhui, whispering into her ear causing her to blush. Eunsun sighs, stepping closer to her brother to grab hold of his forearm, afraid he might make the wrong move.

"So, what did you guys do today?" Suhyun smiles, stopping before his siblings, eyebrows raised taking in his brother's angry demeanor.

"What's wrong?" The taller asks, following Sehun's gaze to the whispering couple. Eunhui looks up at the moment, meeting Sehun's gaze, only to visibly flinch at the look in his eyes. Minseok obviously notices and turns to glare at what caused his girl discomfort.

"What are you staring at?" Minseok loudly asks, halting all conversation as everyone turns to the eldest in the room. No one says a word, silently watching the just arrived group head to their room to freshen up.


An hour later, they're all back in the living room, when Jongin stands in front of Eunhui with his head hung low.

"I know this is extremely late, but I would like to apologi-"

"Don't you even dare. She doesn't need your heartless apologies." Jongdae glares at Jongin,

Jongin is about to say protest, when another voice beats him to it.

"Your girlfriend did have a point." Nayoung mocks, finding it satisfying to watch Sehun flinch at the term. 

"Oh Sehun, Kim Jongin and Byun Baekhyun will be reported to the university. The disciplinary committee will determine your punishments." Taehyung gleefully informs them, the three pale at the information, while their friends silently watch.

"Guys, I don't really think it's necessary." Eunhui speaks up, her brother tightens his hold around her shoulder, as a silent warning.

"I'm ready to accept whatever the committee decides for me. However, it's unfair dragging Jongin and Baekhyun with me. I was the mastermind behind everything, I was the one who caused physical harm, which is why I should be the one to receive the punishments." Sehun surprises everyone,

A scoff, "Do you honestly believe physical harm is the only way to hurt someone. This fu*king a*s*ole went around calling her fugly, due to which half the university refers to her as that. And Jongin was always making rude comments. Their biggest crime is joining in on your bullying. They could have stopped you, but they didn't. Rather they would both egg you on, along with your sister. At least the psycho got one thing right, you're fu*king snobby for no goddamn reason." Jongdae spits, not caring of the way Kyungsoo and Sehun are glaring at him, while the four tormentors look extremely guilty.

"Dae, I'm over it. Baekhyun has sincerely apologized for his behavior and I forgave him. And well, the others have left me alone for a few months now." Eunhui says, nervously glancing over at her gaming buddy. Baekhyun has genuinely apologized and worked hard for her forgiveness, in fact he's played a major role in getting the others to back off.

"Yeah, well, I'm not over it. I was there after they made you cry. Younggie and I were there after this childish, spoiled brat broke your arm along with that concussion, which worsened your recovery from the car crash. I was there when the rest of these cowards watched these fu*king losers try and destroy the pieces we kept trying to hold together. I was there when they made you doubt everything about yourself. I was there when you lost hope and I'm still here watching these entitled cowards refusing to admit their faults or even sincerely apologize." Jongdae yells, his girlfriend holds his hand, but he gently shakes his head, untangling their fingers and stepping away from her.

"Dae, please." Eunhui has tears in her, as she looks around her friends as they take in the words. It really is different hearing about it through the phone/screen and hearing it in person, especially when they can see the emotions associated with the words.

"What are you talking about?" Minseok gingerly asks, Eunhui shakes her head asking her cousin to not say another word, but he scoffs.

"What, E, you don't want me to tell the others about that incident. I'm sure Sehun and Eunsun remember." Jongdae scoffs,


"Hey." Jongdae tries to smile at his cousin, but the younger can barely hide her somber mood.

"Should I be a complete bi*ch and have Taehyung use his power to have Kang fired?" Eunhui heavily sighs,

"What did that as*hole this time?" Jongdae asks,

"What does he always do? Pick on me for absolutely no fu*king reason. He made me stay behind once again to clean the classroom." Eunhui fumes, just as Jongdae's phone rings, he has to step out to take the call.

"Oh, Eunhui. You're here." Eunsun's loud voice rings through the cafe as Sehun and her take a seat at her table, ignoring the way Eunhui eyes the empty table right next to them.

"Hi." She greets, though seeing the coy smiles on their face she knows something is about to happen.

"You stayed out again last night. Was it the same person as last time or someone different?" Eunsun loudly asks, smirking as Eunhui looks uncomfortable at the looks she's garnering from the others around her.

"What are you talking about?" Eunhui stutters, trying to shrink down in her seat,

"I was just wondering where and whom you spend the night with. Is it making you a lot of money?" Eunsun smirks, seeing the words hit the bespectacled girl and her eyes start to water.

"What's going on here?" Jongdae asks, noticing the tense atmosphere in the cafe as everyone gives his cousin weird looks, while the Oh siblings (more like Eunsun, Sehun has his RBF, though his eyes are focused elsewhere) seem satisfied at themselves.

"N-nothing." Eunhui mumbles, before practically running out of the cafe.

"What did you two do?" Jongdae snarls, glaring down at them,

"Aren't you a little too worried about your "TA", Don't tell me, she spends her nights with you as well?" Eunsun smirks, Jongdae scoffs understanding what must have happened.

"You might consider this to be funny, but I don't." Jongdae warns, before gathering Eunhui's things and running off to find her.


"These pathetic losers weren't the ones who found you standing on that fu*king bridge. IT WAS ME. I was the one begging you to take my hand. I had to hear your last wishes, I watched you cry about not seeing the end of the tunnel. It was ME. I was the one who pulled you off that bridge. It was all me.  You don't know what that does to people, watching their loved ones willing to end their life and having to fight them as you try to stop them." Jongdae breaks down, sobbing as his cousin wraps her arms around him.

"How could you?" Suhyun is heartbroken as he looks at his guilty siblings.

"What were we supposed to do. Everything in the house was about Eunhui. And you, we are your siblings but you always choose her. I was supposed to be joining you at the company, but grandpa decides she'll be the COO, the position I've been working so hard for." Eunsun yells,

"She never needed a stupid position at Oh Corps." Taehyung yells,

"You imbecile, She's a fu*king Zhang. She never needed a stupid position at Oh Corps." Jongdae reveals,

"You know my biggest question is, Why? What has my Evalyn ever done to you?" Taehyung turns to Sehun,

"I'm sorry. I really am, I felt like I didn't have a choice. I had to marry this random stranger I've never seen, and it pissed me off." Sehun tries to defend his actions, "I didn't know who to take my anger out other than the cause itself. I'm sorry."

"Really, Oh Sehun. You were 'pissed'. Imagine waking the day after your boyfriend proposes to you, only for you to be told that you're going to be arranged to some random brat, all because his grandfather thinks she would be a good fit for his grandson and bring him to the right path. Imagine that stupid sh*t. Imagine not wanting to give in, but your boyfriend being coerced into breaking up with you, leading to an argument before a fu*king car crash, resulting in serious injuries to both parties, and when you wake up after two weeks, your boyfriend is in a coma. Your family is then, forced to send their daughter to an unknown environment even before their daughter has completely healed. Because that's exactly what happen with my cousin." Jia yells, harshly shoving Sehun by his shoulders,

"Jie." Eunhui tries to calm her,

"No. Let her continue. This jerk still thinks it was his life being ruined when his own family was the one pushing for this fu*king alliance. They were the ones forcing their rude, childish spoiled brat on us." Jongdae yells, even as tears stream down his face.

"Dae," Eunhui warns, worriedly glancing over at Suhyun.

"Don't Dae me. This brat needs to be slapped with the truth, or his lazy self won't even try to look for answers. You have some audacity calling my sister a social climber, when it's your fu*king fam-""DAE" Eunhui cuts him off, glaring at him wide-eyed, trying to get him to calm down, an explosive Jongdae is rare, but when it happens, it's his most cruel version of him.

"Why are you stopping him? The airheads need to hear it." Taehyung sniffles, trying his best to intimidate the others, but the tears rolling down his cheeks soften his look.

"Tae." Eunhui sniffs, letting go off her cousin to wrap her arms around him.

"Get out." Minseok is one of the few that has complete control over his emotions, but the coldness in his eyes sends shivers down everyone's back he glares at.

Luhan heads to the table to push a button, a few moments later, the elder lady enters the room.

"Please them to their rooms." Minseok commands, moving to hug his brother and Eunhui, not bothered as they get tears and snot all over his shirt.

Sooyoung contemplates staring at her best friend,

"I'll let her know." Nayoung nods at her, smiling as the taller slowly follows after her boyfriend.

"Haera, do you mind?" Jia bluntly states, pointing at the door. Jongdae kisses her forehead before sending her off, leaving the childhood friends in the living room.

"You never told us?" Yixing voices out, eyes sad as he looks over his younger sister,

"It was on February 21st."