Chapter 12

Until It's Gone

"I hope everyone got to experience something new." The Dean starts, though there are a few groans at her statement, which she laughs off.

"Dean?" A student raises her hand, the dean nods, letting her to continue.

"I think it's unfair how some people got more items compared to us?" The girl asks, pointedly staring at the other groups,

"Each of the teams were given a set number of items to get, based on how quick and accurately they completed the scavenger hunt." The Dean answers,

"How were the Team leaders chosen? Ours could have been someone better." A guy from the same group speaks, eyeing his haughty team leader.

"Team leaders were based on two criteria's. Test scores and Professor recommendations."

"Let's talk about the tasks. I'm sure everyone's wondering what was the purpose of the camping task. We simply wanted to see which teams would be comfortable under pressure. And I'm proud to say, several of the teams managed to excel at it, even if it was only for 36 hours." The Dean smiles, as they were getting off the buses the students filled out a small survey regarding camping and how competent their leaders were and how likely they would be willing to work with their teams.

"The winners were determined with how much profit they earned in their investments along with the way they handled themselves in the camping incident. All Top 3 winners will receive a gift voucher, and extra credit points in any chosen class of theirs. In third place, we have Team 6 led by Oh Eunsun. Second place, gets an additional benefit of getting selected to attend the International Technology Summit if they choose to. Team 4 led by Doh Kyungsoo, congratulations. First place winners have amazing opportunities to get an internship role at our biggest supporters, KCAT, which is anyone from Team 7 led by Lee Eunhui."

After the gifts and pictures, they're asked to fill out another survey about the whole trip in general, before they're sent to their buses. Almost everyone spends the long drive enjoying the last of their trip.


The Oh family can't help but worry for Sehun, even after he assures them it's nothing and will be better in a week or so.

"Are you going to take the internship at KCAT?" Sun brings up the question, during dinner.

Eunhui freezes at the question before shaking her head. "No."

"Why not?" Sun follows up, but Hui shrugs,

Suhyun jumps into conversation successfully pulling Sun's attention on him.


"Can I come in?" Suhyun asks,

"Hey." She smiles, rolling her chair away from the desk, while  Suhyun heads over to sit on her bed.

"E. I'm sorry." Suhyun apologizes,

"What are you apologizing for?" She chuckles, ruffling his hair.

"I haven't seen you happy for the past several months." He tells her,

"I'm not unhappy, Su." She sighs,

"But you're not happy either." He argues,

"It is what it is. I just hope things stay the way they are now." She tells him, the taller pulls her up for a tight hug.

"You know I'm always on your side." He tells her,

"Hey, G-" Sun trails off, taking in the scene, however neither of the two look guilty, nor do they bother to pull apart, simply standing there in each other's arm, looking at Sun to finish.

"Grandma and Mom are looking for you." Sun tells them, before heading out the door.

"Lunch?" Suhyun asks, the girl nods heading out the door.


"Is that your brother?" Minji points at the group of 4 seated across the restaurant,

"Hyung." Sehun calls, heading over to greet his brother and Jongdae

"Sehun." His brother nods, "Out for lunch?"

"Yeah, I'm done for the day." Sehun tells him, pointedly ignoring Junmyeon and Eunhui.

"Well, enjoy."  Suhyun waves them away, before turning to his friends.

"Your brother could have offered us to join them." Minji pouts, but Sehun is focused on watching Junmyeon and Eunhui practically feeding each other. Jongdae notices the younger staring and nudges Suhyun. The two males frown seeing Sehun's attention on the other two, though they don't mention a word of it to Eunhui.

"Sehun, are you even listening to me?" Minji calls,

"What are you saying?"

"Let's go shopping after this." She says, but the male declines "The doctor said I need to let my ankle rest as much as possible for the next couple of weeks, meaning no long walks."

"Do you have to be that cautious?" She asks,

"If I want to continue dancing, I do." Sehun tells her,

"Why? I mean, you're the youngest Oh. At the end of the day, you're going to be joining your family company, aren't you?" She voices,

"I don't think so. I enjoy working at the dance studio. I want to do that as long as I possibly can." Sehun says, missing the displeasure on her face.


"I don't think I have ever seen this auditorium filled with these many people." Eunhui comments, taking the seat Sooyoung managed to save for her.

"Prof. Kim invited a special guest lecturer today. And someone saw him and the news blew up on the school website." Sooyoung tells her, "A lot of the other professors are trying to sit in as well, and several of the other business students." She adds, seeing Tao walk in with his friends.

"Even Minji and Haera are here" Sooyoung points,

"Wow. I don't think I have ever had a full class." Jongdae jokes, entering the large room. "I'm guessing everyone's heard of our guest speaker." He says, though Eunhui continues to remain clueless.

"Who is it?" She asks Sooyoung, but the taller shrugs, before her boyfriend takes the seat beside her.

"He should be here soon. But till he gets here, I can try answering some questions." Prof. Jongdae says,

A couple of girls raise their hands asking how he know the guest speaker, "He's a senior from college." The Cheshire smile remains on his face as he answers with vague responses.

A knock on the door gets their attention, silencing the entire room as a familiar male walks in. His eyes scan the room, before they land on a specific person, but they seem to be disinterested on what's going around.

"Here he is. For the people that don't recognize him, please welcome Xiumin Kim, the CEO of KCAT." The friends greet each other with a hug, before Jongdae moves to leans against his desk, as there's no open seat available.

"First of all, I would like to thank you guys for having me here." Xiumin starts, Sehun yawns not understanding the big deal behind the shorter male, but seeing as everyone around him is focusing on him, he's lost on what to do.


"Can I answer any more questions?" Xiumin asks, seeing Jongdae signal to bring an end to the discussion.

"Are you single?" A random girl shouts out, resulting in a bunch of laughter.

"My heart is already taken." Xiumin smirks, instantly there are several ohhs going around the room, which are laughed away.

"Is he talking about Evalyn Zhang?" Whispers are heard around the room, when a hand is raised.

"When hiring, what impresses your company most?" Eunhui asks,

"Ms. -" "Eunhui" "Great question, Ms. Eunhui. Our company tends to favor candidates based on their experience, while your GPA is also a factor, we're more impressed on how you well you work in an office environment, which is why we look at previous experience." Xiumin smiles, as he continues looking at her,

"Are you one of the 6 students that won a chance to intern at our company?" Xiumin asks,

"I am. Lee Eunhui." She nods,

"Will you be joining us during the summer?" The CEO asks, Sehun scoffs watching the CEO smile at the nerd.

"I won't be." She tells him, causing the male to playfully gasp,

"May I know why? I don't mean to sound arrogant, but KCAT is an amazing company." Xiumin asks, smiling cheekily.Eunhui can feel the glares on her back as the CEO flirts with her.

"I already have an internship lined up with Zhang Corps." She surprises the room, because Zhang Corps is one of the top in Asia and quite possibly the world and not to mention Xiumin's rumored/unofficial girlfriend's company.

"That's sad, but I've heard great things about them." Xiumin tells her, before Jongdae takes the stage as the rest of the professors flock over to the young CEO.

"He's so handsome." Haera voices out loud, Minji and Eunsun agree with her, while Sooyoung teases Eunhui.

"He's truly amazing." Chanyeol voices,

"He is. After taking over, Xiumin managed to....." Eunsun starts stating the facts, failing to notice her brother glare at the guest, who seems to be occasionally glancing at Eunhui, who has her head in a textbook.


"You're here." Eunhui is surprised seeing the dining table empty, expect the eldest Oh. 

"Good morning, Grandpa. Where are the others?" She asks,

"My in-laws are having a party, but I didn't feel well enough to attend." He tells her,

"Oh. Are you feeling okay? Can I make you something or get you something?" She asks, the old man chuckles, pointing at her to just take a seat on the armchair.

"I haven't gotten the chance to talk to you. I wanted to how things are going between Sehun and you." Grandpa Oh asks,

"They're okay." She answers,

"Are you sure? Sehun and you seem to be growing distant as the days go by."

"Of course not, Grandpa. It's just the end of term is coming up, along with making sure we're prepared for graduation." She lies,

"Do you think we'll be able to go ahead?" He surprises her with that question,

"Honestly, Grandpa. I don't think so." She sighs,


"What's this about an alleged fiancee?" Minji asks, slamming her IPad on the table and glaring at her boyfriend.

The headlines on the device read about the youngest Oh heir being arranged in hopes of helping seal a business deal. Sehun glares at Eunhui, before turning to his girlfriend.

"It's nothing baby, rumors like these are always being spread." Sehun tries to calm her,

"It says an inside source is the one talking about it." She points out,

"They're rumors, trust me." Sehun tells her, but the girl huffs, snatching her Ipad and walking away.

"I guess the elders have started moving ahead." Eunsun mumbles, observing the pale girl seated across her, as she reads over the article.


"This is so stupid." Sehun yells, startling Jongin out of his routine.

"What's wrong?"

"They started leaking out information about the alliance." Sehun tells him,

"Have you tried talking to your grandpa. Maybe, he'll listen to you, if you tell him you don't want to do it." Jongin says, but seeing the contemplative look on his friends face he adds, "Or you do want to go ahead, but you're not sure how to break it to Minji, because she's the singing voice."

"What? Of course not. I don't want to marry Minji, I mean the nerd." Sehun denies,

"Sehun, if you haven't noticed, you've stopped troubling Eunhui ever since we returned from the trip." Jongin points out.

"She was nice to me, I didn't think it would be appropriate to trouble her after she helped me out." Sehun defends,

"I understand. But do you realize that since that trip, Minji and you have broken up almost 4 times. 4 times in over a month, Sehun." Jongin tells him,

"She keeps getting mad at me for focusing on my final routine." Sehun whines,

"Maybe, she's not the right one for you." Jongin says,

"No. We love each other, and it's the end of the term that's messing everything up." Sehun says, rejecting the possibility of him not liking Minji anymore.


"There's another article." Minji says, Sehun looks ready to give up as his girlfriend stomps away from him, but he refuses to go after her, tired of the constant fighting.

"It's hard right now, but if you love her, don't give up on her." Prof. Jongdae Kim surprises Sehun, handing him a hot chocolate before he heads out the cafe.


Eunhui is dead tired when she enters the house, but instead of the usual silence, she's greeted with loud yells. Quickening her steps to head towards the noise, she steps into the living room. Sehun and his father are facing each other in the middle, while the remainder of the family members are spread around the room.

"Dance is not a stable career, Sehun. Stop living like a child and grow up." Mr.Oh yells,

"I already have a stable career at my dance studio, dad." Sehun yells back,

"How long can that sustain you? Without the Oh name, you have nothing to show for."

"It'll sustain me enough. The Oh name isn't EVERYTHING." Sehun yells,

"Sehun, just listen to your dad. He's not asking you to take over, he just wants you to help your older brother out with the company." His mother adds,

"I don't want to. I want to continue my career in dancing." Sehun tells them, Eunsun and  Suhyun look conflicted on the matter, as  Suhyun does want his siblings to help him out, but he also wants them to follow their dreams, while Eunsun is with Sehun, but she's never been the one to go against her elders.

"HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU, DANCING IS NOT A CAREER. IT'S A HOBBY." Mr.Oh yells,

"HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL--" "Sehun, calm down." Eunhui jumps in, noticing both males close to losing their patience.

"Stay out of this." Sehun yells at her.

"You need to calm down." She says, not at all affected by his glare.

"Sehun, try to understand where your father is coming from. Dancing isn't always the most stable career, there are also many risks involved with dancing. You know how easy it is to hurt yourself, you've faced the challenges, you've had days where your body refuses to move what-so-ever. You know the risks involved." Eunhui starts, "And yet, you continue doing it, because it makes you happy, right?" She asks, before turning to face Mr.Oh.

"Uncle, Your son is truly an amazing dancer. I've been to his performances and I've seen several of the videos he's posted online. He has millions of people praising him for his skills. His classes are almost constantly booked. I agree, for many it's difficult to make dance their career, but for someone as skilled as Sehun, it won't be difficult to make a name for himself in the industry. If you're worried for your company, you can be rest assured once your daughter joins. I've worked with Eunsun and I have to say she'll do an amazing job extending your legacies with the help of Suhyun." Eunhui says,

"Millions?" Mr.Oh says, Eunhui nods, hurrying to turn on the T.V.

"This is one of his most watched videos." Eunhui says, clicking on the video.

The Oh siblings are shocked, seeing as Eunhui has managed to calm down the fight between the two hot-heads off the family within minutes,

"Sehun, show him the others. I'm going to go freshen up." Eunhui bows, heading off to the stairs.

"Eunhui." Mrs. Oh hurries to catch up with her. "Wouldn't you want your husband to have a stable career?

"Auntie, you've seen the praises your son has received. I'm sure you realize he has a very promising career." Eunhui politely smiles,

"Of course, but it's not as respected as an executive of a company."

"Who says? It doesn't matter to me what career Sehun chooses, just till he's happy with it. I would be more upset seeing him hate going to work. Wouldn't you?"

"But dancing won't pay him much, not unless he hits it big." Mrs.Oh points out,

"Does it really matter though? I mean, I'm sure he won't be struggling with money, but I myself, am looking at a well-paying job." Eunhui says,

"What I'm hearing is, till Sehun is happy, doing what he wants, you're willing to support him?" Mrs.Oh summarizes,

"If you're asking whether I will actively support Sehun if he were to chose to continue his dancing career, rather than join Suhyun, then yes. I would support him." Eunhui says, before heading up the stairs.

"You heard that right." Mrs.Oh says out loud, knowing a certain someone was listening to their conversation, before she's heading back to the join the rest of her family in the living room.