Chapter 15

Until It's Gone

"Sehun, go get the ball." Baekhyun pushes the younger, smirking to himself as the taller pushes himself out the pool.

The male keeps an eye on the resting female, trying to understand what's going on with her. Usually Sooyoung and her would be doing something of their own, or Tao would be talking her head off.

Picking up the ball, he turns to head back to join his friends, but he missteps, and the wet floor doesn't help, due to which he happens to land on his to-be fiancee. In the process somehow his hands grip on to the first thing they touch, which happens to be Eunhui's hips. Her eyes fly open and within a blink of an eye, she's screeching.

Sehun isn't able to process what's happening, before he's harshly pulled off Eunhui and soon there's a wall of people surrounding her.

"BACK THE FU*K OFF."  Taehyung yells, seeing the crowd scaring her rather than helping.

"E. It's me." Taehyung slowly approaches her, but she curls into herself on the pool chair, eyes frantically scanning her surrounding.

"Ge. I want Ge. Please." She starts mumbling,

"Honey." Her best friend calls,

"Please. Don't touch me. Please. I want my ge." Eunhui yells, seeing Taehyung reaching out to her,

"Okay. I'm not going to touch you. E, you know me, right?" Taehyung asks,

"Stop staring." Taeyoung snarls, seeing everyone focusing on his cousin. Baekhyun and his friends quickly look away, but Sehun can't seem to move his eyes away from her.

"T-T-Taehyung. Best friend." She nods, "Ge. I want Ge."

"He's on his way." Junmyeon tells her, moving closer to her, but that ends badly, as Eunhui once again starts yelling.

"DON'T TOUCH ME. PLEASE." Hugging her knees to her chest,

"EVALYN." Taehyung sighs, hearing the familiar voice, as they hear the loud footsteps making their way down the stairs.

"GE." She yells back, shutting her eyes, as tears keep streaming down her face. The male doesn't care for niceties, pushing everyone out of his way to get to the sobbing girl.

"Twinkle." The male says, slowing approaching her,

"GE." Eunhui yells, as the panting male moves close to her.

"I'm here, Twinkle. I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you. But I'm here now." He tells her, opening his arms. She eyes him for a few seconds, before jumping into his arms.

"Ge. I. Ge." Eunhui sobs, burying her face into the male's chest, while he wraps his arms around her shoulders, with one hand rubbing her back, and another in her hair.

"I know. I'm sorry, it took me so long. But I promise to keep you safe from now." The male tells her, The beach ball Sehun is holding, seems to have deflated as it slips out of his harsh grip.


"What's her problem?" Minji sneers, seeing how everyone is focused on Eunhui, even Sehun as he hasn't even once looked away from the hugging pair, she notes his clenched fist, and the tensed jaw as he continues to glare at the male.

"I think it's a panic attack." Subin (Baekhyun's plus 1) answers,

"Such an attention wh*re." Minji spits, glaring at the sobbing girl. The two others share a look, before slightly backing away from her.


"What's going on?" Eunsun looks at her her boyfriend, as he swims over to stand between her legs,

"I'm not sure, but she wasn't home the past 4 days, neither was Suhyun." Eunsun tells him,

"Junmyeon either, Friday night, he left the house sometime around midnight, and he returned the next morning only to grab his suitcase and leave." Kyungsoo adds, as Chanyeol swims close to them, followed by the rest of their friends.

"Sooyoung knows what's going on. She's been acting different the past few days." Chanyeol voices, eyeing his girlfriend, sitting next to the sobbing girl and running her fingers through Eunhui's hair.

"Haera probably knows something, considering she's all chummy with him." Jongin is unable to hide the rude tone, as he points over to Haera letting Jongdae cling onto her.

"It's none of your business to know what's going on." Taeyoung sneers at them, before swimming away.

"He was the one taking care of E, after you guys broke her arm." Taemin informs them, before following after his younger brother.

"Do you think Sehun is finally willing to accept what he feels for his nerd?" Baekhyun switches the topic, and the group turns to see the youngest standing on the edge of the pool.

"It seems like it." Eunsun nods, seeing how Sehun looks away when the unfamiliar male kisses Eunhui's temple.

"Twinkle, can I carry you to your room?" The male asks, Eunhui nods in approval, the male gives her a dimpled smile, before he's sliding his arms under her knees, wrapping her arms around his neck and picking her off the chair.

"Do you mind?" The male raises an eyebrow, glaring at the taller male standing in his way. Sehun turns his eyes to Eunhui, but the second their eyes meet, she tightens her arms around her Ge and buries her face in his neck.

"Another one? You're a fu*-" Sehun sneers,

"Sehun, cut the crap." Suhyun scolds, frowning down at him.

"I don't have time for losers." The dimpled man taunts, shoving Sehun away, walking off with Eunhui, as they're followed by the auburn haired female (Jia) and Jongdae.

"Who the fu*k are you-"

"Grow up." Taehyung spits, pushing Sehun into the pool.

The taller looks livid as he comes up for air, but Taehyung has a smug smirk on his face.

"Try touching me. I'm a lawsuit you can't afford." Taehyung scoffs, stuffing his hands into pockets and walking away.

"Sehun, get your anger under control." His brother warns him, before he's following after his friends.

"Oppa." Eunsun calls. Suhyun pauses turning to her,

"What's going on?" She asks,

"It's honestly none of your business." Suhyun answers.

"Just try and enjoy this free vacation. That would make things much easier for everyone." Junmyeon hurries away.

As soon as the door shuts behind them, Eunsun turns to Haera,

"What's with Prof. Kim and you?" She asks,

Haera looks bashful answering, "We're dating."

"Since when?"

"Why?"

"How?"

"It's been a few months and well, I'm not sure how it exactly started, but he's always helping me out and he's always there when I need someone." She smiles,

"Does he make you happy?" Chanyeol asks, frowning at the thought of his baby sister growing up and dating.

"Extremely." Haera doesn't hesitate to answer. "He brings out the best in me."

"Student-Professor relationships are not allowed." Minji points out, Haera doesn't even attempt to hide her disgust as she turns to her ex-friend.

"Jongdae and I aren't even in the same department. We've also talked to some of the higher ups, so till I never sign up to have Jongdae as a professor, we are safe to date." Haera rolls her eyes,

"But still, isn't it weird? He literally teaches your older brother." Minji asks,

"He's literally your age, Minji." Haera retorts, rolling her eyes at the childish behaviour.

The group is uncomfortable watching the two, but they've gotten used it to since it's been happening since before winter break.

"Are you sure he's not in it just for the ?" Minji mocks, discreetly looking over at Jongin.

"Unlike others, Jongdae has principles." Haera sneers, knowing Minji is trying to work her up, because the girl has a penchant for drama.

"Oh, you mean like you." Minji smirks, watching Haera try to maintain her calm nature.

"Haera." A voice calls, they see Jia standing at the top of the deck, "Come join me. I need to get to know the girl my brother is enamored with." She smiles, Haera nods, walking up the stairs to follow after the woman, no one misses the glare Jia throws Minji or Sehun.

"Wait. Brother? That's Jongdae's sister." Baekhyun exclaims, "Wow, Who knew Jongdae was fu*king loaded." Baekhyun whistles, eyeing the property.

"What's the big deal? We're all fu*king loaded." Jongin points out, before he jumps out the water and stomps back to his room.


"What do you want?" Sehun asks, seeing a timid Eunhui walk into the kitchen, she literally jumps up in the air at his voice, hurrying to switch on the kitchen lights.

"Why didn't you have the lights on?" She mumbles to herself, keeping a safe distance from the male as she's heading for the fridge. She can feel his eyes on her, turning back, she notices them lingering on the bandages peeking out from under the collar of her T-shirt.

"What happen?" Sehun asks, she looks up from her bowl of cereal, to see him watching her, the girl shrugs before going back to her midnight snack.

"We're officially going to be engaged in a few days." Sehun frowns, noticing her shoulder drop along with the way she visibly flinches,

"So?" She asks,

"As your to-be fiancee, I think I deserve to know what's wrong. And it's not because I care, it's simply so I know how to answer my family if they get suspicious." Sehun tells her,

Eunhui chuckles, "Of course. I wasn't going to let myself fall for such delusions. I remember every word you told me that night, Mr. Oh Sehun. Don't worry about your family, I'll make sure this doesn't become an issue." She sighs,

Sehun nods, attempting to leave the room and starts moving. Panicked Eunhui drops her spoon and immediately backs herself into the corner, hugging her arms around her.

Shocked, Sehun can only stare as the panicked girl stares at him, terrified. He sighs, when he hears foot steps hurrying into the kitchen, frowning at the sight of the unknown dimpled male.

"Evalyn." The dimpled male calls out,

"Ge." Eunhui snaps out of her daze, turning to him.

"Did you get hungry?" He smiles, pointing at the bowl on the counter, She briefly nods, watching the male pick up the bowl.

"Let's go." He holds his other hand for her to take, Eunhui quickly grabs a hold and let's him lead them out of the kitchen, all as Sehun silently watches as the pair completely ignore him.


The Seoul group is surprised seeing the other group already started on breakfast when they make their way to the dining room. Sehun searches for Eunhui, frowning at the sight of her smiling as she listens to her ge talk.

"E, let's do a karaoke night." Jia suggests, softly smiling at the girl as she puts another pancake on her plate.

"Jia." The dimpled male has a frown on his face, as he worriedly looks over Eunhui.

"I think it's a good idea, ge." Eunhui softly says, smiling at Jia, before she looks at the male, who's pouting at her plate of pancakes, trying to make them bite-sized. 

"Sweet. Auntie Jang." Jia calls, an elderly woman enters the room followed by a small team of workers,

"Can you have the backyard prepared for karaoke night." Jia instructs,

"Of course, Young Miss. Would you like me to ask the chef to add anything to the snack list?" She asks, Taehyung and Nayoung gladly answer,

"Of course, you're no way obligated to spend the evening with us. However, if you are going to return by dinner time or join us, please inform Auntie Jang, so she knows to be prepared." Jia tells the Seoul group, before turning back to her fiancee.

"Why are the gorgeous ones always taken?" Baekhyun whines, watching Jia and Luhan, Chanyeol rolls his eyes, as that's the hundred time Baekhyun has repeated those words.

"We're not actually staying inside all day, are we?" Minji pouts at her boyfriend, 

"Oppa, what's the plan for the day?" Eunsun looks at her brother.

Confused Suhyun, looks at his sibling, "We were planning to shop for a few hours and come back."

"You're hanging out with them?" Eunsun wonders,

"Yeah. I know you met briefly yesterday, but let me introduce you." Suhyun smiles, trying to clear out the awkward tension in the room.

"This is Luhan, our mothers are best friends, there's actually a third to our trio, but he's currently working." Suhyun ends, warily looking over at Eunhui.

"Yixing, Jia, and Junmyeon are the next trio, they're all the same age." The three politely smile and wave.

"Lastly, Jongdae, Nayoung and Taehyung. With honorary members, Taemin and Taeyong." Suhyun chuckles, however, the mentioned people barely glance at them, choosing to continue their conversations."I've known Han and Min since our nursery days. While we meet Xing, Jia and Myeon sometime during elementary school and then the last four joined us later on."

"So, these are your friends?"

"Yeah. This is my family." Suhyun proudly declares, fond smile on his face as he glances over his friends, "My friendship with Han and Min is older than Sehun and you, Eunsun." He chuckles as the the pretty male leans over and smack him on the back of his head.

"Stop calling me old." Luhan scolds,

"That's not true babe, he called both you and him old." Jia chuckles, even as her fiancee playfully glares at her, however she pecks his cheek and all anger disappears. At once, collective groans are heard as the couple's friends sport playful disgusted faces.

"I just assumed we would do something together." Eunsun chuckles, seeing the smile fall off her older brother's face.

"Of course. You guys should come shopping with us." Jia quickly says.

"Yeah, I'll let you empty out my wallet today." Suhyun chuckles.


"Sir, here's the final draft the PR team has submitted." The secretary hands the IPad to the man behind the desk, observing as the CEO reads over the words,

"Lock this. Once we have the final approval from the chairman, I want it released immediately." The secretary nods, before he exits the room.

"Director Kim wanted to know if you'll be joining them at Jeju Island?" The secretary asks,

The man behind the desk deeply sighs, prompting the secretary to continue, "Young Master Kim has assigned the intelligence team with a task related to Young Miss Zhang. And." The secretary passes another folder to his boss, "Young Master left this for you." 

His boss frowns, looking through the documents before slamming the folder shut.

"Cancel the rest of my meetings and let know Jia know I'll be joining them." He commands, before practically running out of his office.


"Eunhui. Go try this on." Jia pushes Eunhui into a dressing room, handing her a ballgown.

"Should I go try this?" Minji asks, Sehun nods, watching Minji walk into a fitting room, after the staff has left with the pile of dresses she choose.

"Jiajia." A soft voice calls, Sehun tries not to move as Eunhui exits the fitting room, in a strapless ivory ballgown. The female has her eyes on her hands, trying to put on the lace gloves to go along with the ballgown, when she bumps into Sehun.

"Sorry. I didn't see you." Eunhui whispers, quickly backing away from him, while the male is unable to stop staring at her.

"Evalyn." Jia calls, pushing Sehun away before pushing Eunhui back into the dressing room.

"Sehun?" Minji calls, the male turns to see Minji dressed in a similar dress as Eunhui, and he can't stop comparing the two, even as they leave the store with that dress bought, he only thinks about how much better it suited Eunhui.


Sehun is close to done by the time they're gathering for lunch. For the past two hours, his girlfriend has been dragging him from store to store, and he's slightly exhausted, especially when she started bi&ching about Haera after they ran into her and Prof. Kim.

"First Junmyeon, now them. She's really a sl*t, isn't she?" Minji scoffs, Sehun tightens his fist, trying his hardest to control himself from saying anything.

"Why are they babying her?" Minji asks, looking over at Eunhui seated between Yixing and Taehyung, both males leaning in close to Eunhui.

"Yixing." Two women walk close to their table, bright smiles on their face as they see the dimpled male.

"Evalyn, haven't seen you in a while?" The blonde asks, Eunhui gives them a small nod, eyes on her food.

"How have you been?" The woman asks, laying a hand on Yixing's shoulder. The male looks slightly uncomfortable at the unnecessary intrusion, but he continues being polite.

"He would be fine, if you left us quicker." Eunhui speaks up, Seoul group notices the others look warily at her while the look in Eunhui's eyes completely changes, "First of all, It's rude to touch someone, especially when you're not close to them and more so when their fiancee happens to be sitting right next to them." Eunhui sneers, not even looking at the two women. 

The blonde nervously chuckles, carefully peeling her arm off Yixing, "I'm sorry, I didn't even see you there, Nayoung."

"How could you? Your silicone implants seem to be blocking your vision." Half the group fails to hide their laughs, while some look mildly uncomfortable, but the two women quickly scurry off.

"There's my E." Taehyung chuckles, raising a fist to the girl on his left, Eunhui smirks as she lightly taps her own fist against his for a fist bump.

"No one insults my Nana and gets away with it." Eunhui winks at the raven-haired female, who throws her a flying kiss.

"Damn, right." Jongdae adds,

"Just eat, troublemakers." Yixing chuckles.

"The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Luhan shudders, seeing the four sport sinister smirks, the older members shiver, looking away to focus on something else, leaving the Seoul group more confused than anything.

"Just a warning, never mess with those four. That is unless you have a death wish." Taemin smirks, looking directly at Minji while Taeyoung has a smug smirk on his face as well, though his eyes are focused on his phone.