Chapter 21

Until It's Gone

Yixing quietly walks over, taking a seat next to the crying male without a single word as he sheds his own tears.

"It's my fault. I never should have let her go." Minseok wetly scoffs, remembering the pain as he heard Evalyn crying for him.


"Hey." Evalyn greets, smiling falling off her face as she takes a look at her fiancee's face.

"You wanted to talk?" She warily asks, taking a seat next to him, she nervously reaches over to hold his hand.

"When we first started dating, I promised I would never let you go." Minseok starts, squeezing her hand.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, baby. But I don't think I can keep that promise." A single tear rolls from his left eye, as he hears her release a sob,

"Don't do this Seok. We promised, didn't we? You promised to always love me. I'm fighting for us. So please hold on to me." She sobs, Minseok is quick to pull her into his arms.

"That's a promise I'm never breaking. I will never stop loving you. But I don't want you to fight your family, you know they only want what's best for you. And unfortunately we both know it's not me." Minseok tries to reason.

"God damn it Minseok Kim. Everyone knows we're perfect for each other. We both have flaws but we balance each other. If I have to fight my family for you, so be it. You are fu*king perfect for me, Seok. The reason you think you're not it for me is quite mundane because fact check Minseok, Adoption is always an option." Evalyn yells,

"I love you, but it's time to end this." Minseok calmly states, reaching over and grabbing her left hand. Evalyn starts crying realizing his intentions, trying to fight his hold, but he's stronger and within seconds he has the ring in his palm, pressing a gentle kiss on her forehead as he leaves her sobbing.

"Don't do this to me, please. I love you." Evalyn cries, he can hear her crying as he heads for the garage.

"Hyung." Taehyung shakes his head, disappointed though his older brother ignores him.

"You're a coward hyung. She loves you for you, even if you had nothing tomorrow, she'll still be with you. Please don't do this." Taehyung grabs his arm, trying to knock some sense into the elder.

"I can't ruin her life, Taehyung. She's always wanted kids, and that's something I can't give her." Minseok tries to explain,

"She wanted them if it was with you."

"If I don't let her go, she'll go against her family for me. I can't allow her to do that. We know how much her family means to her." The elder tries again.

"But you're also her family. Hyung, she's been in love with you, even before she knew what love was. Please don't do this to yourself and her." Taehyung pleads with his brother.

"Do you think I want to. I love her, Tae. She's my fu*king life. But I can't be the reason she loses her family. I refuse to be the cause. Please, just try to understand me." Minseok states, walking off.

Just as he's about to drive, the car door slams shut as Evalyn takes the passenger seat.

"I refuse to breakup. And I would like my ring back. Please." She states, once Minseok is on the road.

The male refuses to say a word.

"Minseok. I'm not breaking up with you. You proposed to me three months ago. And the negotiations are still in process."

"Your grandfather called, the Oh family is adamant about having you set up with their youngest son." Minseok tells her,

"Well, I'm not okay with this. I don't even why I have to be used as a business chip. Minseok please, you promised to support me for the rest of our lives." She begs him,

"If not you, then no one." She determinedly states.

"Evalyn please, I'm begging you." Minseok cries,

"And I'm begg-" A loud noise is heard as the car flips once before landing on the roof.

"S-s-seok." Evalyn calls out, though it sounds muffled, before his vision darkens and the numbness spreads from his legs up to his arms,

"Seok, please. Don't close your eyes. Minseok." The yells fade away as the darkness takes over.


"Please don't do this to yourself, ge. Whatever happened, has already happened and there's absolutely nothing that anyone can do to change it. However, we can continue working on improving the future. You blaming yourself is going to put a considerable strain on Evalyn and she's going to realize it sooner and later and it'll start an entire cycle of self-blame and self-pity. Ge, Evalyn doesn't blame you, neither do I, nor anyone else. Please, for both your futures, don't go down this self-hate path." Yixing reasons,

"I'm being extremely selfish and asking you this for my sister's betterment. Ge, I can't lose my sister more than I already have, so please, I'm begging you. I know I'm asking a lot but, if you need to blame someone, blame me. If you need someone to get your anger out on, use me and get it all out." Yixing cries, while Minseok sheds silent tears.


"What's happening?" Kyungsoo sighs, plopping across Jongin and Tao as the boys are all gathered in Baekhyun and Chanyeol's room.

"Eunsun cried herself to asleep and Sehun disappeared to who knows where." He answers, gladly accepting the whisky from Jongin.

"What do you think is going to happen?" Chanyeol wonders, worriedly looking over Jongin.

"I have no idea, but I can tell you it's not anything good." Kyungsoo rubs his forehead, groaning as he thinks back to the past year.

"Let's hope he's not creating more problems." Tao shakes his head,


"Eunhui." The girl startles at her name, looking at the threshold to see Mrs. Oh hurrying over to her, but the girl is quick to step back.

"Eunhui, I know what Sehun and Eunsun have done is horrible, but please don't ruin their life. They're both still young." The elder cries, shocking Eunhui.

"You have to give my son another chance. I know my son and he's falling for you, please don't do this to him." The lady pleads, grabbing a hold of Eunhui's hand, following the girl to the living room.

"Sehun will change, he's already changed, he's willing to bend for you. Just give him another chance." Mrs.Oh shakes her, failing to see the younger begin to shiver as her breath gets shallow.

"Mom, let her go. What are you doing?" Sehun runs, hurrying to pull his mother away from Eunhui, but the sudden appearance of the male has her let out a loud yell as she hurries to back herself into a corner, in the process hurting her arm as Mrs.Oh had a rather strong grip on it.

"Evalyn." Yixing yells, sliding into the room, face red as he takes in the scene of his sister cowering in the corner while Sehun and his mother are standing in the middle of the room. The soft Ge gets his attention and he's running to comfort his sister.

"What the fu*k did you do?" Jongdae yells, following behind Yixing, taking in the scene before he's heading straight for Sehun and knocking him to the floor.

"I told you to stay away from her, you useless piece of sh*t." Jongdae yells, landing punch after punch on the taller male, even as his friends try to pull him off.

Nayoung manages to hold him back enough for Suhyung and Jongin to pull Sehun away, though the damage has already been done and Sehun has a blackening eye along with a nasty bruise forming on the left side of his face.

"What's going on?" Grandpa Oh asks, eyeing the scene.

"We asked your son to stay away from my sister, but he doesn't seem to understand words." Jongdae spits, eyeing Minseok and Yixing bandage Eunhui's arm.

"Sehun was just trying to stop me. It's not his fault." Mrs.Oh quickly clarifies. "Please, think about the future of my children. They're still young with their entire lives ahead of them. I know what they've done is horrible, but if the university gets involved it will hurt their futures." Mrs.Oh begs,

"And what about my sister? Do you really expect us to pretend as if your family didn't hurt my sister." Jia asks,

"I'm asking for another chance to rectify our mistakes. Sehun is the one who hurt her, so he should be the one to heal her." Mrs.Oh says,

"Are you suggesting?" Jia humorlessly chuckles,

"The alliance between Sehun and Eunhui to continue, yes. I know my son will not repeat the mistakes he made." Mrs.Oh confirms,

"That's not happening." Yixing answers, helping Eunhui sit between their mother and grandmother.

"Why not?" Mrs. Oh questions,

"Mom." Suhyun tries to step in, recognizing the growing anger in the Zhang-Kim cousins.

"I know what Sehun and Eunsun have done can never be forgotten, but they deserve a chance to earn the forgiveness."

"With all due respect ma'am, your children deserve nothing from Evalyn, especially forgiveness." Minseok states,

"Who are you to speak for her?" Mrs. Oh snaps,

"Her fiancee. Minseok Kim." Grandpa Zhang answers, surprising everyone.

"Excuse me?" Mrs.Oh asks, 

"I can understand your pain for your children, but try to imagine the pain my daughter is be going through. Better yet, imagine if it was your Eunsun, would you still be adamant about continuing the alliance. Would you feel comfortable letting your daughter back into an environment that nearly killed her. As a mother I'm certain your answer is no, so why are you ignoring my daughter's pain, to satisfy your son's ego. Your son is no less precious to you than my daughter is to me." Mrs. Zhang speaks up, effectively shutting Mrs. Oh.

"Donghoon your decision. Do you still wish to continue the business alliance?" Grandpa Zhang asks,

"I think it would be in both of our best interests to not continue. The business alliance was merely a cover up for the arranged marriage, and now that's been dissolved, I don't see the need to continue with the other." Suhyun answers for them.

"Good."

"What about my children? I can understand your pain, but is it necessary for them to be reported to the university? Please think about their future?" Mrs. Oh cries,

"Was it necessary for them to hurt my sister? Was it necessary for Eunsun to label my sister as a sl*t? Was it necessary for Sehun to put my sister in a situation where she would be harmed? Was it necessary for my sister to be traumatized due to your children? You should be thankful we're not going to the press with this and only quietly handling it with the university, because trust me, if we wanted we could ruin your children's lives for the world to see." Taeyoung sneers,

"Why are we only blaming my children, Eunhui should have come to us when this started happening, she is also at fault for hiding the truth." Mrs. Oh yells, ignoring her husband and son as they try to get her to stop arguing.

"Would you have believed her? Would you honestly have believed her words, especially when your actor of a son put on such a wonderful and sweet act in front of you?" Junmyeon questions, as he was saw how Sehun had his entire family tricked.

"I agree, Evalyn should have come to us when she started facing problems, but unfortunately, all our children have been self-independent and rarely do they come to us with problems, choosing to go to their friends without interference from us elders. And that has made us somewhat lax on their problems." Grandpa Zhang admits.

"Why does it sound like he's complaining?" Jia mumbles to their friends, causing a few snorts and glares.

"Something to share child?"

"No, of course not grandpa. And ma'am, how pathetic are you to victim blame? So, E didn't complain to you guys at the first sign of discomfort, how is it her fault. She doesn't owe you anything. Honestly, the reason we stayed quiet was because we were trying to form a case. Once your son started bullying her, we knew we had to get her out and so we gathered evidence, in hopes of reaching a settlement with dissolving the alliance." Jia confesses, surprising the elders.

"What?" Her mother gasps,

"What, don't look so surprised. We weren't going to interrupt at first, cause you know the whole 60 year friendship, honor and duty, and blah-blah, but then the pranks started and then he left her in a park in the middle of the night, alone and essentially suggested she kill herself. We knew we had to get her out. Come on grandpa, you really didn't think we would quietly watch you break up our favorite couple now, did you?" Jia smirks, winking at Minseok, who has a small smile on his face.

"Of course, we didn't tell Minseok or Evalyn or Yixing. Minseok and Yixing wouldn't have been able to tolerate their little E getting hurt. But Sehun made it so much easier for us, especially when he started dating Minji. That was the final nail because he couldn't even stay true to his fiancee, how was he ever going to be loyal to his wife." Nayoung shakes her head.

"You played us?"  Mrs.Oh aks,

"Oh no ma'am. We simply took advantage of your children's actions. At first, we were going to keep it just between the families, but then your son had to go and break her arm. We didn't play anyone, Your son played himself by being a dumba*s and as*hole." Taehyung chuckles,

The silence is broken by a soft voice, "I agree, I was at fault for keeping quiet, but at the moment, I was only concerned about my family. I stayed quiet for my family, I treated your children with respect, yet they didn't think to treat me with basic human decency. They mocked me for things that were not my fault. They mocked me for having a cast, for having to wear braces, my glasses, even when they knew it was all a result of a fatal accident. They tried their best to make the past year of my life a living hell, simply for the fact that I exist. Until yesterday, I, myself was uncertain about reporting them to the university, but now I'm glad they'll be punished, because they deserve that. Your son had many chances to improve his behavior towards me, but he missed every single one of them in his blind pride. Your daughter, I'm not even sure what I ever did to warrant her hatred. I stayed quiet because I didn't want you to look at your children differently, but they took my silence as a sign of weakness. You ask me to give your son a second chance, but ma'am I've been giving him chances to treat me like a freaking human being, and he never did. He doesn't deserve anything from me or my family. In fact, if anything, I deserve a sincere apology from you and your children, but I know it's never going to happen because they wouldn't know the meaning of sincere even if it hit them in the face." Eunhui states,

Turning to Eunsun and Sehun, she says, "The next I see you will be at your hearing. Have a safe trip back home." before walking out the room.


"What happens now?" Jia asks, plopping on the foot of the bed as the Zhang-Kim members are gathered in Evalyn's room.

"Whatever Evalyn decides." Mr. Zhang gently smiles at his daughter,

"I want to finish my degree." Evalyn nervously states, looking at her father,

"No, absolutely not. I don't want Sehun or Eunsun anywhere near you." Jongdae protests,

"I'm not asking. I need to finish my degree." She sternly stares at her brother. "Oppa, I'll only be there for two months and you'll be there as well, please." She softens her gaze, knowing the best way to get Jongdae on her side. 

"Three bodyguards with you at all times, while your house will be under constant watch." Mr.Zhang adds, failing to see his daughter tense at the thought,

"Dad, I don't think that's the best idea." Yixing notices the discomfort on his sister's face.

"That's the deal. I'm not making the same mistake twice." He looks at his son, before turning to his daughter, "I've talked to Lia, she's already gotten you a team of all female guards."

"Jia and I were thinking of going back and staying with her for a few months." Yixing adds, while Jia nods along.

"What about Minseok?" Grandpa Zhang asks, looking at his grandchildren.

"Taehyung and him will be doing the same"

"No. No. Minseok can't marry me."

"Evalyn." Yixing calls her,

"I can't do this to Minseok. I refuse to let him be with someone like me." Evalyn mumbles, failing to see the broken look on her families face.

"E...

"No! Minseok, he deserves someone not broken."


I have no idea what happen.

Sorry, this seems all over the place,

but i at post-conflict flows.