Chapter 29

Until It's Gone

"I really wish I was drunk." Nayoung sighs, gulping her juice as Sooyoung and her stare around the room, judging every single one of their drunk friends.

"Dude, we were waiting to inform everyone face-to-face." Chanyeol cries for the 100th time, but Baekhyun is relentless, as he still feels betrayed about not being informed as he's the self-proclaimed god-father of the unborn child.

"Really?" Nayoung turns to Sooyoung, as Baekhyun tries to get Chanyeol to declare the same.

"It's between Tao and him." Sooyoung deeply sighs, as Baekhyun is her husband's closest friend, while Tao is her best friend. Nayoung winces in mock sympathy as the two joke around.

"Evalyn is definitely the god-mother." Sooyoung is quick to add.

"Smart choice. Speaking of, where is she?" Nayoung looks around the room.

"A better question would be, Where's Minseok?" Yixing chimes in from his wife's other side. One of the few still sober.

As soon as people started making out without a care (Luhan/Jia, Tao/Ana), Minseok was quick to pull Evalyn out of the room.


The soon to be wedded couple are strolling around the indoor garden located on the other side of the restaurant.

"Minnie." Evalyn calls, he turns to her, surprised as she steals a kiss from him. "I'm really, really happy right now." She breathes,

"I'm looking forward to being yours after 36 hours. I'm excited for our life we get to build together." She says, wiping at her tears as the little alcohol she had made her slightly emotional.

"Are you sure?" He asks, feeling as if he's taking a huge opportunity from her.

"Are you sure about me?" She retorts, resulting in him staring at her confused.

"Me, Seok. Are you sure, you want to marry someone like me? The trauma from the past is still embedded in me. We had to postpone our wedding twice, because of my relapses. Are you sure you can be with someone who will at the most random times get lost in her past traumas? Someone who can get triggered by the smallest incidents. There are days, I fail to recognize the person I'm sharing my bed with. There are days, I wake up screaming and kicking at you. Are you sure you can spend the rest of your life in uncertainty with me?" She asks, looking directly into his eyes, not even trying to conceal the self-hatred.

"Of course. I Love You, Evalyn. No matter what happens, I will never stop wanting to live my life with you. I don't care that we had to postpone our wedding twice, because we knew you were no-where near the right state of mind to be going through this. The others things you mentioned are miniscule compared to how much happiness I feel getting to simply waking up with you next to me. The mornings you wake up screaming and kicking are followed by days of endless loving." He sternly states, seeing the slowly growing smile on her face.

"Exactly. Minseok, if you have never stopped wanting me after all I've been through, how could you ever doubt my dedication to you for something that's not even your fault." She calmly states, wrapping her arms around his waist, while she stares at his face.

"I just. You might never get pregnant Evalyn. We won't be able to conceive children of our own." Minseok cries,

"Min, I've said this before, I only wanted children with you. If not with you, then no one." She says, wiping at his tears,

"I just..." He's speechless, as the words just don't seem to want to form.

"Min. I was the first to know about Sooyoung's pregnancy. I was there the day she took her test and I'll admit the pure joy on her face, made me feel a twinge of pain, because I don't know If I would never be able to experience that, but it was only a passing thought that was quickly washed away." She tells him, truthfully, tightening her hold on his waist when she feels him pulling away.

"Don't, Min. We're not going to be seeing each other 24 hours before the wedding and I really don't want the fear of being potentially abandoned at the altar to haunt me when I should be getting all the beauty sleep I can get." She scolds, trying to get him to look at her.

"I would never abandon you." He tells her, softly.

"Good. Cause if you tried, don't forget I have people willing to drag you back from the ends of the world." She jokes, getting a small smile from him.

"You were sad when Nayoung announced their news as well." He says, looking at her, wanting to know her true reaction.

"I was upset, because ge has never really hidden anything big from me and the news about him being a father was kept secret, so it kinda hurt a little, before I realized that they never meant to hide it, rather they just didn't have time, since we have all been busy the past few weeks." She tells him.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asks, once again.

"Honesty, I know I sound selfish, but I'm a little glad that we might never get to experience that. I mean, after Sooyoung found out, we went to confirm it, and they provided a website for more info. There were videos about childbirth and I'm just glad we'll never have to experience that. Like post-treatment after the birth is brutal and babies are really like parasites. They spend months in the woman's body, her life and soul and after they come out, they continue to do the same." His fiancee shudders, causing him to laugh at her actions.

"I'm serious, Min. There were articles about discharge and leaking milk and wet patches. Sooyoung had a massive breakdown and I'm so glad I only have my periods that cause me to be moody a few days a month." She adds, Minseok kisses her forehead as he breaks out into loud laughter.

"I'm serious Min." She tries to whine, failing at the sight of her glowing fiancee.

"I know, baby. I know." He says, kissing her forehead, but she's quick to pull him for a kiss.


"Do we have to do this?" Evalyn pouts, watching her fiancee, get pulled by his friends while her cousins stand guard at the door.

"It's tradition, baby." Her brother shrugs, sitting next to his wife as the lady munches on popsicles.

"I don't like this." She grumbles, plopping face down to scream into her pillow.

"Sorry." Jongdae shrugs, not even looking apologetic.

"So, what are the plans?" The bride asks, after she's had her tantrum moment.

"We're going sailing." Jia cheers, though Nayoung gags at the thought of being out on the water.

"Na. Come on dude. We planned the best bachelorette and you had to go get pregnant." Jia complains, her thoughts of having a crazy party thrown out the window.

"I'm sorry, this surprise announcement threw a wrench in your plans." Nayoung sasses, pointing at her belly.

"You should be, Ms.We're-not-having-children-until-3years." Jia mocks, glaring at the married couple.

"Look who's talking. It's just a one time thing." Nayoung fires back, resulting in loud laughs as everyone laughs at Jia's angry face.

"I mean, have you seen my man. Can you really blame me?" Jia shrugs,

"No one likes a hypocrite, jie." Jongdae teases, plopping on the bed next to Evalyn.

"Where's you girlfriend?" Jia asks, trying to switch topics.

"With her brother and Sooyoung. She wants to spend as much as time with them before she flies back." Jongdae sighs,

"So, Luhan and I are thinking of having a simple ceremony." Jia reveals, surprising her siblings,

"No way. Stop lying." Her brother retorts,

"We're thinking off having a small ceremony with just a few family and friends and sometime in the future we might hold a bigger event." She tells them, flipping through the fashion magazine, not wanting to look at her siblings.

"It's your wedding, you should do what makes you happy." Yixing simply states,


"Taehyung is coming to my party. He's my man of honor." Evalyn says, pulling said male behind her.

"Twinkle, he's the groom's brother." Yixing tries to reason, with her.

"Well, on that basis, you should be here with me." She simply states,

"She's not wrong. I'm staying with her." Jongdae adds, brushing off the glares being thrown his way from his childhood friends.

"Guys, I have an idea." Baekhyun butts in, "Why don't we ask Taehyung?" The man asks, sarcastically, though Taehyung looks lost as his cousins glare at him while his best friends are giving him murderous looks.

"I agree with E. I'm her man-of-honor. I should spend the day with her." Taehyung nods, sending a silent prayer to save him from his cousins.

"What a traitor." Luhan scoffs, punching the younger male in the guts before he's walking away.

"You made the right choice." Taemin pats his shoulder, quickly following after Luhan.

"Jun, you can stay if you want." E sweetly smiles, but the male pats her head before following after the remaining men.

"Stay safe, don't do anything reckless." Yixing warns his wife and cousins, before reluctantly walking away.

"Jia, you can go with them, if you want." Evalyn tells her cousin, knowing Jia feels more comfortable being with Yixing and Junmyeon, not to mention her fiancee and the fact Evalyn's party includes two moody women.

"Really?"

"Go." She quickly hurries to catch up with her friends.

Their little entourage of the day consists of quite a few people, but they spend the day shopping and exploring the island, with lots of breaks for Sooyoung and Nayoung, the evening is spend having a long dinner, before Sooyoung suggests spending a few hours of Evalyn's last night as a bachelorette by dancing it away. They end up renting out a portion of the club for privacy where the group goes wild, even without the additional push of alcohol.


"Hey." Evalyn startles, smiling as Sehun hands her a water bottle.

"Did it get stuffy in there?" He asks, once she's drank some water.

"Kinda." She nods, leaning against the wall,

"I want to say sorry for everything I put you through. I know it's a little too late, but the biggest regret I ever had was never sincerely apologizing to you. I'm sorry because of my childish acts, you had to suffer through so much pain." Sehun says,

"I forgave you a long time ago, actually. Honestly Sehun, it's really all in the past and I'm thankful for the experience. I got to meet so many people and gain new friendships and overall, I know that regardless of what happens, I'll only want my Seok." She smiles, gently patting his shoulder.

"I wish Minseok and you all the happiness of the world." Sehun tells her, she gives him a tight hug, before heading back inside. 

"What are you doing moping here?" Jongin nudges the younger, who sighs at his friend's worried look.

"I really loved her." Sehun chuckles,

"I know. I saw you falling for her." Jongin nods,

"You tried to warn me. Everyone did but I was so stubborn in my ways." Sehun shakes his head. 

"Take this as a lesson, bro. Don't mess it up with the next person that walks into your life." Jongin advices.

"Is that what you're doing?" Sehun taunts, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry but I actually had a chance. She actually loved me. Haera was once mine, but I was stupid to lose her and It's going to take time for me to get over her. I don't want to treat Hyesun as a simple rebound for Haera, she deserves more than that from me." Jongin sighs, slumping against the wall as he looks up at the sky,

"You know every time I look at her, the one thing that keeps going through my mind is, You don't know what you've lost,-"

"Until it's gone."


The ceremony isn't grand as expected for the union of two powerful families, because the couple wanted to enjoy the ceremony with their loved ones. Minseok does shed a few tears watching his bride walk to him, Evalyn definitely cries as she stands across him at the altar.

The couple just stares at each other after the officiator announces them married, still in disbelief as they finally belong together.

"I love you, wifey." Minseok chuckles, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"I've always loved you, my husband." She giggles, pulling him by his collar and kissing him, the applause and cheers fading into the background as they enjoy the beginning moment of their life together.


I can't write endings.

This was my attempt at it.

Hopefully, it was decent.