Chapter 16.

Until It's Gone

"Sunnie, we're heading back. Will you be back for dinner?" Suhyun asks, as the rest of his friends make their way to the garage.

"We're staying for a while. But I'm sure we'll be back for dinner." She tells him, after seeing everyone nod along.

"Sooyoung, Chanyeol." Suhyun turns to the couple.

"We're heading back with you." Chanyeol says, eyes on his sister and her boyfriend.

"Be safe. Call me if you need anything." Suhyun tells his siblings, before he's walking away.


Couple hours later, the group returns back exhausted from their shopping trip. The women hurry to freshen up while the males make their way to the kitchen.

However, Sehun freezes at the threshold when he hears the soft voice. He follows it, with the others running after him. As they get closer, they hear the familiar soothing voice. The sound leads them to the backyard just as the song reaches an end. The group sees Eunhui, Sooyoung, Haera and Jia standing in the middle while the projection screen has a score of 99.

"You're here. Are you joining us?" Suhyun asks, seeing the guys staring at a stunned Sehun.

"Who just finished singing?" Sehun asks, ignoring his elder brother.

"What are you talking about?" Sooyoung asks, her boyfriend carefully pulls her away, knowing how ugly things could get. 

"That voice. The person who just finished singing. Who was it?" Sehun asks,

"Who do you think?" Jia smirks, leaning against her fiancee,

"I don't know. That's why I'm asking." Sehun raises his tone,

"Watch it." Luhan immediately warns,

"Just tell me, who just finished singing." Sehun grinds out,

" Sooyoung, Jia, Eunhui and I." Haera timidly answers,

"Do you think think this is funny?" Sehun growls, Jongdae is quick to pull his girlfriend behind him, 

"Do not talk to my girlfriend like that." Jongdae defends, looking ready to jump at the taller male. 

"What's going on?" Minji asks, she's standing at the top of the stairs, looking over the group.

"You." Sehun snarls, running up the stairs, he grabs his girlfriend and drags her away.

"Chanyeol, you know how much that voice means to him." Jongin tries to guilt the taller for the answer.

"Cut the bull. Those two have been dating for months now. If he really cared about the voice, he would have figured it out by now. You and I both know, he wanted to date her. Don't try to defend his actions, now that his eyes are opening and seeing past the fakeness of his precious girlfriend." Sooyoung sneers, standing up for her boyfriend.

"What's wrong?" Eunsun quietly joins the group, "I walked past the kitchen, I heard yelling and crying." She whispers to her boyfriend.

"That's not true. Sehun believed her, because of Haera, she's the one who lied to us." Jongin blames, glaring at Haera.

"Yah. Don't involve my sister in your drama." Chanyeol jumps to defend his little sister.

"I'm only saying the truth. I send her the voice clip and she said the voice belonged to Minji." Jongin reveals,

"Minji claimed the voice belonged to her. In fact she even knew when and where it was recorded." Haera reveals,

"Whoever it was, if they wanted to reveal themselves, I'm sure they would have done so by now. If they don't want to, well it's their choice." Eunhui finally says, discreetly looking over at Junmyeon.

"Jongin, calm down. Sehun is old enough to handle his own matters." Junmyeon steps in, steering the younger to join the rest of his friends.

"What was that for?" Haera asks Jongdae, after the male kisses her temple and cheek.

"You're too precious." Jongdae smiles, bringing her closer, but a cough stops him and he immediately keeps his arms to himself. Chanyeol looks proud, even if his girlfriend is done with his antics.

"Damn. If I tried that, I would be eviscerated." Yixing mumbles, his fiancee chuckles, lightly patting his cheeks.


"Hey." Sehun doesn't look up, recognizing his best friend's voice.

"What's going on with you?" Jongin asks, joining Sehun to dip his toes in the pool.

"She lied to me." Sehun starts, "I know I don't love her, but I think I care for her. But knowing she started our entire relationship on a lie... I don't know."

"Did she really? Was the only reason you dated her because of her voice?" Jongin asks,

"No, but that's what drew me to her. If I knew she wasn't the voice, I might have taken more time getting to know her, but she lied. I kept asking her to sing but she would always make excuses. I should have realized." Sehun sighs,

"So, now what? Are you two over?"

"I don't know if I can continue dating her."

"And this has nothing to do with your to-be-fiancee?" Jongin sees Sehun flinch, knowing he's hit a nerve. The duo fail to notice the eavesdropper, behind the glass door.

"I don't know what goes on in your minds. Why are you all so sure I'm affected by the nerd. I don't like her and she really would be the last person I would want to marry. Had it not been for my family, I wouldn't even associate myself with someone like her. I hate her." Sehun heatedly states,

"Is that your jealously speaking?" Jongin asks,

"Jealous, what the fu*k do I have jealous to be about? If your brother wants her, he can gladly have her." Sehun says, hurriedly standing up and walking off, leaving behind a smiling Jongin.


Another day, but instead of shopping, the group heads to a hiking trail.

The tension between Sehun and Minji can be felt by the entire group. Minji tries her best to stick to Sehun, but he keeps her at an arm's length.


The next morning is a lazy day, since almost everyone is sore from their hiking trip. Sehun has to be dragged out of his room by his sister and her boyfriend. They're walking to the dining area, when Sehun once again hears his singing angel. She's singing a different song, but he recognizes the voice and runs off towards it.

The voice leads him to outdoor pool, though he only manages to catch his angel submerging fully into the water. He's about to head down the stairs, but stops at the sight of a familiar male, calmly walking into the pool until he's barely a few feet from the submerged figure. Sehun continues watching as the female slowly comes back up for air, her hair a light brown in the sunlight, flinching at the sight of the male standing close to her.

"Sehun." Eunsun loudly calls, the taller fails to notice the two sets of eyes on him, when he turns to look at his panting sister and her boyfriend.

"Why did you run off?" Kyungsoo asks, calmly walking closer to the edge of the balcony overlooking the backyard.

"I heard my angel." Sehun points back to the pool, only to frown at the sight of a muscled back drying off. 

"We need to get your ears checked." Eunsun snorts, looking between the male and her brother.

"She was right there." Sehun defends, but the two look at him as if he's grown another head.

"I told you to get enough sleep tonight." Kyungsoo shakes his head, Eunsun lightly hits his arm, before she's pulling her brother along.


"Good morning. Did I hear the chopper this morning?" Yixing asks, joining his friends for breakfast.

"You heard right. Hyung got here early."  Taehyung beams,

"Ugh, why is everyone so happy in the morning." Nayoung groans, entering the room still dressed in her pajamas.

"Good morning, sunshine." Yixing teases his fiancee.

"Don't start with me babe. I haven't had my coffee yet." Nayoung glares at him,

"Hyung got here this morning." Jongdae chirps, handing his friend a cup of her favorite drink.

"Min's here." The sudden chirping has a few eyebrows raised,

"Min as in the missing third of your trio?" Eunsun asks, curious to who has the otherwise blank faced group in such a happy mood.

"Their missing third and my older brother. Your oldest cousin." Taehyung says, pointing to Jongin,

"We ran into him at that restaurant like months ago, didn't we?" Baekhyun asks,

"He can remember that, but he can't remember to turn in his assignments?" Chanyeol teases, Baekhyun smacks the taller's head.

"Evalyn." A loud yell catches their attention, as a panting Eunhui runs into the room, heading straight to Yixing.

"What's wrong, twinkle?" Yixing worriedly asks, seeing the girl shake with tears lining her eyes, as she practically flings herself into his lap.

"Evalyn." The kitten-faced male calls, stopping at the sight of the shaking girl in Yixing's lap. Yixing frowns at the older, but Taehyung is quick to loudly greet his older brother, and soon his other friends are pulling the male in for hugs, while Yixing calmly helps Eunhui into the seat next to his.

"Minnie." Jia squeals, running to hug the latest arrival as soon as she spots him.

"Minseok. Better late than never." Luhan teases as he greets the male with another hug.

"Hannie, learn to dry your hair properly." Minseok scolds. Jia snickers, mocking her fiancee, because she had definitely warned him.

"We came directly from the pool." Luhan whines, taking a seat. Sehun notes Minseok take over Yixing's duty as he not only makes a plate for Eunhui, but also keeps glancing at her, while the girl refuses to look in his direction, eyes focused on the table.

"What's the plan for today?" Minseok asks,

"Aren't you tired? You just got here." Taehyung worries, but the male shakes his head "I got a good night's rest." Jia explains the plan, worriedly glancing over Eunhui, who seems a few mere seconds from climbing back into Yixing's lap.

"Are they going to be joining us?" Sehun swears Xiumin is glaring at him.

"Yes, please." Jongin's partner, Miyeon quickly answers, excited at the thought of spending time with some of the richest bachelor's in Asia.

"We're heading out after breakfast." Jia adds, Eunhui jumps out of her seat, making an excuse before running off. Minseok attempts to follow after her, but one look from Yixing has him keeping still, while the dimpled male walks away.


When they get back that evening, Eunsun suggests another karaoke night, with the hidden motive of helping her younger brother out.

"Eunsun, come join us." Jia calls, noticing her kind of just linger around her boyfriend, as the other three women/Minji have somewhat isolated her from their trio.

Suhyun smiles seeing his closed off sister, join Jia and the other ladies. Kyungsoo smiles, when Nayoung manages to get a laugh out of his girlfriend, or even as Haera and Eunsun are pulled into singing with Jia and Junmyeon.

As the night progresses, Sehun keeps waiting to hear the voice, which is why he finds himself looking forward to hearing the nerd sing, but the girl has still to take the mic a few times, choosing to only rap.

Minji puts out her best performance, but the lackluster reaction from Sehun has her frowning, more so when she sees him focusing more on the nerd as the night goes on.

"Are you feeling better?" Sun asks Eunhui, surprising the latter as it's one of the few times Sun has started a civil conversation with her.

"What do you mean?" Hui asks,

"You seemed off when we first got here." Sun says, the other gestures to Taehyung's hand around her shoulder,

"I'm getting better. Thank you for asking." Hui smiles, turning to cheer Luhan, Yixing, Tao and Suhyun.

"Why aren't you singing?" Eunsun chooses to asks, when Sooyoung and Nayoung stand up for the next song.

"Because she's waiting for our song. Let's go E." Taehyung chuckles, pulling the girl to join Jongdae and Nayoung. 

Sehun is barely staying awake when the four get on the floor.

"Seriously." Eunhui chuckles into the mic, but the three shrug as Strip that Down by Liam Payne starts to play.

Sehun is stunned as Eunhui starts singing as he recognizes her voice as his singing angel. Minji is fuming as she observes Sehun looking at Eunhui with star-struck eyes.

As the song ends, Sehun moves to head towards Eunhui, but before he can get to her, she's already taking a seat with her friends.


The next morning Sehun wakes up early, wanting to talk to Eunhui but he's disappointed when he can't get her alone and when he attempts to even look at her Taeyong and Jongdae are throwing daggersat him. He decides to wait until they get back that evening before he can confront her for hiding the truth from him. 


As soon as they return home, exhausted and weary from the day of activities, the groups separate to their room. As they're heading to their rooms, Baekhyun suggests relaxing at the pool before dinner.

"How nice of you to join us?" Baekhyun teases, seeing Haera & Jongdae with Chanyeol and Sooyoung.

"I decided to play gracious host." Jongdae jokes back,

"You know I'm not your professor, once we leave school grounds." Jongdae adds, sensing the awkward tension.

"How is it dating a student?" Baekhyun blurts out, wincing when his friends glare at him.

"I wouldn't know, I'm not dating my student." Jongdae chuckles,

"Really, but like, you're a professor and you know." The male tries to explain,

"Baekhyun hyung, you do realize I'm younger than you" Jongdae reveals,

"Wait? You're younger than me?" Baekhyun looks shocked, gaping at the slightly shorter male.

"But you're a professor?" Jongin points out,

"Well, I've always been a prodigy, I graduated high school at a young age and was able to finish of my bachelor's and Master's really quick and a few years later I earned my first doctorate. But unlike you, I didn't have to enlist, since I'm not a Korean citizen."

For the rest of their walk to the indoor pool, the group throws questions at Jongdae, who cordially answers them. Even Sehun asks a few questions, though Jongdae seems reluctant to answer any from Jongin and him.

As they enter the indoor pool room, the group is surprised to see it's already taken by a couple. The couple is in the middle of the large pool simply standing there, arms tightly wrapped around each other as the male keeps swaying them gently.

Jongdae has a mischievous smirk as he steps back and cups his mouth, "YIXING, MINNIE IS DEFILING OUR MEI-MEI." The yell, of course, startles the couple as they spring away from each other, however in the process the female loses her balance and slips under the water.

"As*hole." Minseok yells after he's managed to pull his partner above the water. The female is coughing out water, by the time the group follows after Jongdae.

"Oppa, you better be running." The female warns, as Minseok pushes her hair away from her face. The group is shocked seeing Eunhui, before they collectively turn to look at Sehun.

Jongdae gulps, seeing the look on her face, before he's falling to his knees. "I apologize." The male concedes, Sooyoung laughs at his misery, as she helps wrap a towel around her soaking and coughing best friend and handing Minseok another.

"What the fu*k is going on?" Sehun asks, the icy tone scares his friends, however, a certain few choose to completely ignore him.

"Are you okay?" Minseok worriedly asks Eunhui, the girl has a small smile as she nods at the older male. Sehun frowns, watching Eunhui being helped by this random stranger.

"So, this is Lover boy?" Sehun mocks, eyeing the hand wrapped tightly around Eunhui's waist.

"Lover boy? Not bad. But I prefer Husband." Minseok smugly smiles as the girl in his arms turns a bright red, more so after the male kisses her temple.

"MINSEOK KIM, STAY AWAY FROM MY LITTLE SISTER." A loud yell, has them focusing on the door, just as it's slammed open and Yixing zooms into the room, clad only in his shorts. Jia and Luhan following after him, trying their hardest to control their laughter even as Jia has her phone pulled out and seems to be taking a video.

"Ge. Please." Evalyn groans as her older brother pulls her out of Minseok's arms, to stand between the two and wrap his arms tightly around her.

"Dude, it's been over a decade." Luhan groans, watching the dimpled male glare at their friend.

"My little sisters." Yixing growls, pulling Jia away from Luhan.

"Ge, Please." Jia deadpans, Yixing pouts as she walks back to her fiancee.

"Jongdae was messing with you, Seok and I were only talking." Hui smiles at the dimpled male, revealing her own dimple and the group suddenly sees the similarity between the two siblings?

"You're still not allowed to be alone with him." Yixing stubbornly states, Eunhui shares a look with her cousins,

"Hyung, I'm more concerned about why you're shirtless." Jongdae teases,

"Unlike your lazy self, I work out. I was just heading to meet Na at the gym." Yixing informs his younger cousin.

"You should go Ge, I'll be fine with jie and jiefu." Eunhui assures him. Before he can think about it, a maid barges into the room.

"Young Miss Ahn is calling everyone to the living room. It's quite important." She pants,

Eunhui and the others share a look, before the maid asks the Seoul group their presence is also required.


When they get to the living room, they're surprised seeing Minji cowering in a corner with a blanket wrapped around her, while the three Tae's and Suhyun look confused as Junmyeon is getting first-aid from Nayoung. As they get closer, they're shocked seeing the scratches on his arms, shoulders and face.

"Hyung, what's wrong?" Jongin asks, hurrying over to his brother, while Minji cries for Sehun.

The girl runs to him, wrapping her arms tightly around him, before she yells "He attacked me." pointing at Junmyeon.