Chapter 5

Until It's Gone

"Good morning." Sehun is barely awake to register the greeting as he lazily slumps to his seat.

"Late night?" Sehun groans remembering the crazy amount of drinking and dancing he was forced into by his best friends.

"This should help." He has a warm cup of a strange mix of herbal tea and though it tastes awful, even with the small sip he feels much better.

"God, I love you." He mumbles, with his eyes shut.

"Oh, Eunhui dear, when did you get back?" Sehun snaps his head up at once as he registers his grandma's voice and is stunned to see a beaming Eunhui hugging his grandparents, before he looks back down at the mug in his hands.

"I just got back half an hour ago." The younger female smiles, turning to shyly glance at Sehun, before she politely excuses herself to get changed.

"Look at how sneaky kids are now-a-days. He knew she was returning and didn't even bother informing us." Grandma Oh teases, but before Sehun can answer back, his parents walk into the room.


"Let's go out." Sehun interrupts Eunhui from her incessant typing and with a simple nod, he shuts the door behind him.

With a longing look at her uncompleted essay, she saves her work and hurries to get changed.

Before she walks through the door, she grabs the small box from her bedside table and hides it in her padded jacket.

"Let's go." He snaps, walking off and leaving her to hurry up behind him.

The car ride is silent with the radio acting as noise.

When the car finally stops, Eunhui is little surprised. Rather than the usual cafe Sehun prefers, they're parked outside a convenience store close to the River.

"Wait for me there." Sehun points to a lone bench, closer to the river and gets out of the car. She watches him head into the store and slowly pulls the wrapped present from her jacket and sets it on her seat, so she remembers to give it to him.


"Hey." It takes her a few seconds to pull her eyes away from the beautiful view of the sunset and turn towards Sehun walking to her with two cups.

He holds out a cup towards her and just as she's about to take it, the cup slips past her hand and falls with a splat. She barely manages to step back and save her shoes from the burning hot liquid.

"Lee Eunhui." Sehun scoffs, causing Eunhui to pause as she's looking through her purse for her some wipes. "Do you have any idea how long I've been waiting for this."

She looks confused and the male can't stop himself from smirking at the lost look on her face.

"Did you honestly think I would ever want to be married to someone as ugly as you." Sehun sneers, the wetness in her eyes encourage him to continue.

"The only reason I agreed to this stupid arrangement was to save my sister from being arranged to your stupid brother. Kyungsoo and Sun are good for each other, it's not worth it for them to go through so much pain for this stupid fu*king deal. How desperate is your family to use business deals to get their children married. Though I understand why they have to retort to backhanded tricks like these. However, Lee Eunhui keep this in mind, I will never ever want anything to do with you. The past few months I've been nice only to put a show on for my family. And good job at keeping this hidden on campus. I don't know even want to imagine others finding out I'm arranged to someone like you." Sehun smirks watching the shocked expression on her face, while tears line her eyes.

"Our whole marriage is going to be like this. Instead of making you happy, I'm going to make you cry for the troubles you brought into my life. I'm going to make sure you'll never have even a small taste of happiness and forget love, I'm going to fill you with so much hate, you're going to regret ever walking into my life." Sehun promises.

Without another glance at Eunhui, the male drives away.


"It's me." Eunhui whispers, and the gate immediately opens up.

"Oh my God, E. What's wrong?" The house owner has the door open and pulled her into his arms before she can set another foot inside.

"Sehun. He...He.." Eunhui sobs, while the male rubs circles on her back. He carefully moves them to his living room and hurries to get her a blanket and a warm drink, seeing her bright red nose and ears.

"Why are you so cold?" He mumbles to himself,

"He left me at the park." She answers, before telling him what happened. By the time she's done, she's a sleepy sobbing mess and without another word he pulls her to his chest to let her sleep.

Did you get lost or something? Or better yet, did you decide to do the world a favor and disappear from it. ~ 11:23pm Sehun

"This as*hole." The male whispers, trying not to wake Eunhui up, and deleting the message.

i could ask you the same thing. ~ 11:27pm. Fugly.

fugly has claws, where were they some hours ago. ~ 11.28pm Sehun

"How childish." Eunhui's phone is tossed to the side and the male carefully tucks her in.


"What's that?" Sehun asks, walking into the dining room still in his pajamas. He's pointing to the huge gift basket containing Premium Korean Beef, a variety of fruits and almost three cases of Spam. And on the side there's smaller individual boxes.

"Eunhui's presents for Chuseok." Grandma Oh chuckles reading the message Eunhui wrote her with the skin care gift set.

"She's really sweet." Mrs.Oh smiles, looking over her own set of perfume sets.

"You got lucky my boy." Grandpa Oh teases, showing off his expensive ginseng tea set, while Mr. Oh got an antique collectible.

"She got Kyungsoo and me a couple spa session." Eunsun waves her packet at him and the family suddenly turns to look at him.

"She didn't get me anything." Sehun raises his hands,

"Liar, she took her gift with her on your coffee date." His mom narrows her eyes at him and Sehun groans watching his sister run to the garage.

"She didn't get me anything." Sehun repeats, choosing to start on his breakfast. His grandma throws him an evil eye and he chooses to ignore it.

"You're blind." Eunsun mocks, returning with the small box.

Sehun doesn't care when his sister does him the honor of tearing the wrapping paper off.

"Woah!!!" Eunsun exclaims, looks dazed at the box in her hand. She carefully sets the box in front of her brother, who chokes reading the logo on the box under which in beautiful handwriting is his name. Without any hesitation, he snaps the lid open and jumps at the sight of the almost $30K watch he's been wanting for the past few months. With delicate fingers, he pulls the watch from the box and examines it, to see his initials engraved on the timepiece.


"Eunhui." Sooyoung surprises the shorter girl, throwing herself on Eunhui's back for a greeting.

"I missed you too." Eunhui chuckles, properly hugging her friend,

"How were your holidays?" Eunhui asks, the two are so caught up in their talks, they don't notice the group walking towards them, only noticing when Chanyeol runs up to his girlfriend, picking her up and spinning her around.

"Hi, Fugly." Baekhyun snickers, turning everyone but the couple's attention on her.

"I think you're in the wrong place, High School is down the street." Eunhui snaps back,

"Nice" Jongdae high-fives Eunhui, joining the little group.

"What's with the roasting session this morning?" Jongdae asks, looking directly at Baekhyun.

"It's a little nickname we've given Eunhui. Of course, we say it with love in our hearts." Baekhyun puts his hand over his heart and Eunhui barely manages to not roll her eyes or scoff at the lie.

"Your friends are quite sweet." The sarcasm is missed by everyone but Kyungsoo and Eunsun.

"Not my friends. If you want, we can start walking to your office, I'm sure Sooyoung will catch up once she's done with her business." Eunhui snickers,

"I heard that." Sooyoung whines, but she doesn't make any move of stopping the pecking session she's having with her boyfriend.

"We'll see you soon, Ms.Min." Jongdae teases, signaling Eunhui to lead the way.

As soon as they're out of hearing range, Sooyoung chirps. "OMG, they look so cute together. They're officially my fav OTP, obviously after Xiulyn." Sooyoung squeals, pecking her boyfriend's cheek and following after the pair.

Everyone turns to Sehun for his reaction, but he's sporting his usual bi*ch face.

"Good, At least I can wipe my hands off her." Sehun whispers, giving their back's a final glance.


"I found her." Jongin yells, running to greet Sehun. The latter was heading to the music building in hopes off running into his mystery singer, while his best friend seems to be running from there after another one of his meeting with his 'friend.'

"What?" The younger looks displeased, staring at his friends messed appearance.

"Your singer, you judgemental a*s." Jongin pouts, but Sehun ignores him in favor of the good news.

"Apparently, it's Moon Minji." Jongin tells him.

"Moon Minji. Even her name sounds pretty." Sehun looks dazed, repeating her name over and over again.

"Such an idiot." Jongin comments, dragging his dazed best friend to the cafe.


Of course Sehun's happiness bubble has to burst.

"How do you know it's her?" Chanyeol asks, when Jongin explains the situation to their friends.

"I asked Haera." Jongin answers, Chanyeol abandons his food to glare at him.

"How are you associated with Haera?" Chanyeol asks, Jongin doesn't fail to see the spoon in Chanyeol's hand slight bend.

"She's a performance major, I thought she might know. So I asked her." Jongin nervously answers, the others look amused at the conversation. Chanyeol is still debating if Jongin's answer is acceptable or not, but he's saved with the arrival of Sooyoung, Eunhui and Jongdae.

"Guess what Fugly." Baekhyun yells loud enough for the surrounding tables to hear, Eunhui chooses to ignore him.

"What did you call her?" Sooyoung glares at him, and the group has to admit the Park-Min couple is terrifying.

"It was just a joke." Baekhyun looks like a wounded puppy, but that doesn't stop the glares, so he quickly apologizes to Eunhui.

"It's such a funny nickname though. Fugly. It's slang for Funky and Ugly right?" Jongdae chuckles,

"Fu*king Ugly. It means fu*king Ugly." Eunhui explains.

"Well, I can see why." Jongdae nods his head after scanning her from head to toe.

"Thanks! That's what I was aiming for." Eunhui chuckles, Jongdae rolls his eyes at her words,

"What?" The only other Chinese speaking male on the table, Tao is surprised at her words.

"Sarcasm." Eunhui explains, hurriedly distracting Tao with another topic.

"Oh I love this song." Jongdae distracts the group by singing to the song playing on the overhead radio.

When the song is done, the group is staring at him with hanging jaws.

"What?" Jongdae shyly scratches the back of his neck.

"You're an amazing singer, you're like the male version of Sehun's mystery singer." Jongin exclaims, clapping his hands.

"Mystery Singer?" Sooyoung asks, Jongin pulls out his phone and soon Halo by Beyonce is heard through the speakers of Jongin's phone.

Kyungsoo notices Eunhui slightly tense, but before he can point it out, his attention shifts towards the two females headed to their way.

"Oh, they're listening to you." A chirp is heard and everyone looks at the two beautiful girls. Sehun can't stop himself from looking between his ugly fiancee and the lady standing behind her. He scoffs at the ugly duckling, comparing her to the goddess like beauty, with her dark-hair and pale complexion.

"Beauty and the beast." Eunhui hears Baekhyun tease, quickly dropping her gaze to the table.

"This is Moon Minji. That's her voice, you fell in love with." The other girl teases. This one taller than the average females and blonde hair with huge ears and a deep dimple.

"Hi. I'm Moon Minji." She introduces with a small bow and everyone quickly hurries to make space for the two.

"You have an amazing voice." Sehun shyly mumbles, and the girl blushes bright red resulting in Baekhyun teasing the pair.

The other is Park Haera, Chanyeol's younger sister, though she shares her brother's tall height and ears.

"We should head out. TA Meeting. You two can meet the rest of my TA's." Jongdae looks over Sooyoung and Eunhui.