Twenty Eight

Mend Your Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's POV

 

 

"Come with me, you have to wear scrubs before you can go inside."


I followed the nurse who called me, inside the room where she handed me a scrub suit, a head cap and a face mask.

 

"Wear this, Mr?"


"Byun. Byun Baekhyun." I told her.


"Let's go, Mr. Byun." She said. Walking inside the other room.

 

Getting in, I immediately saw Ahreum lying, with a couple of people standing around her stomach area. They are probably doing the operation.


"Ma'am, Mr. Byun is here. You're doing well." The nurse whispered to Ahri, tapping her shoulders lightly. 


Ahri, who is with an oxygen attached to her nose, is widely awake while the doctors are doing things to get the baby out.


"A...Ahri" I called her name. She then lift her head to see me. I thought for a moment that she was about to cry, but instead, she gave me her sweetest smile.


"Sit, Mr. Byun. We'll tell you when it's done." The kind nurse then gave me a chair to sat down while we're waiting for my baby's arrival.


"Baek, can you hold my hand? I'm scared." Ahri,  out of nowhere lift her hands, requesting the unexpected.


Now I know the look I saw from her earlier. She was really scared that's why she wanted someone to be here with her.


"You're doing great, baby." I whispered to her ear, holding her hands with both my hands, kissing her temple.


"I am going to meet him. Finally." She hushed, smiling widely.


I can't help but feel nervous and excited at the same time. If only I knew that Ahreum was pregnant. It would've turned out differently. I would've been with her from the very first time. Every check ups and every kick that our baby made. But I've been nothing but an evil person who only caused her pain.


"Ahri, I'm sorry for everything." I told her, holding her hands tightly. She was only looking at me when the doctor said something.


"It's a boy! Congratulations." The doctor announced happily, followed by the first cry of our baby.


"Daddy, come here. You can cut the umbilical cord now." The nurse earlier informed me, handing me a scissor this time.


With a nerve-racking feeling, I stand up from my seat, still holding Ahri's hands.


"Go, baek. Do it. It's okay." Ahreum said, letting go of my hand, pushing me to go.


I hold the scissor and took a slow step.


That's it. The moment I landed my eyes on him, I knew that my life had forever changed. He was looking at me with his innocent eyes, staring at me like he knew me all along. The overwhelming feeling of being a father. It came rushing to me that I wasn't even aware that a tear stream down my face.


I am sorry, baby. Let me make it up to you and your mom.

 

 

 


Ahreum's POV

 

 

Everything happened so fast, I was just having m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter