Twenty Four

Mend Your Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We took our seats after reaching the table. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun who were standing beside us, called the attention of the waiters, for us to have our orders.


Chi who is not happy seeing Baekhyun, greeted Kyungsoo "Hello, Kyungsoo! Nice seeing you again."


"Hey, Chi! Long time no see." Kyungsoo, replied. The guy is still looking at me like I have something on my face. I have to end his misery and greet him as well.


"Hi, Kyungsoo! It's been a long time." I said, smiling at the guy.


The guy suddenly sat on my side, side hugging me. "I've missed seeing you Ahreum! How have you been?" He asked.


I have to laugh at him. Did he really missed me? "I missed you too. I'm doing good." I told him, smiling.


"She's leaving in a month. I don't know what's her plans." Chi, who is looking at the menu, suddenly announce to everyone about my impending resignation.


"You're resigning?" Baekhyun, who is still standing at our side, asked.


I have to look up at him, my heart clench. I am looking at him, nothing change in his face for the last five months. He is still my Baekhyun.


My baby, who is delighted to see his daddy, is moving inside me like someone is playing with him inside. Baby, you have to behave.


"Yes, I am." I answered him, as if nothing bad had happened between us. As if I am not pregnant with his child. I have to suddenly hold my stomach because my baby is giving me an uncomfortable feeling with how his moving.


"Are you okay?" Kyungsoo, who is beside me, saw my sudden movement and change of expression.


"Yes! Just famished." I said, smiling at him.


Baekhyun who is like a statue beside us, moved and goes to sit beside Kyungsoo. Thank god, he didn't ask anymore questions. I am sure he is thinking why I am leaving, when that project was one of the reason why we're always fighting before. He knows how precious that project is to me.


After we've taken our order, it is obvious that Chi is not interested with talking to Baekhyun. The guy would sometimes throw her questions, but Lay would answer Baekhyun for her, because she doesn't even spare the guy a look. Our orders came faster than expected. Probably because it's their boss they are serving. I am just smiling the whole time, not even caring that someone is looking at me.


"Ahreum, I think you've gained weight."


I have to look at the guy beside me, who out of the blue, comments about my outer appearance. Of course, I am pregnant. It's normal.


"Do I? I am eating a lot lately."


The guy then shift and turn to his side, holding my dress, he said, "Did you change your style? Where's the Ahreum I know? This is not you."


"Kyungsoo, some things change. Just like how you grow your hair." I said, pointing at his hair. My fashion is not that bad." Checking my self out.


"Yeah! That's what i've always wanted to say. You've gain weight, Ahri. Though, it's nice." Chi said, stuffing a dumpling on .


"Yah! Stop talking about me. I am y!" I said.


They all laughed, except the guy who knows my body well so much.

 

We were about to leave when I excused myself to go take a short trip to the comfort room to fix myself because this baby inside me is getting rowdy. Getting inside, I have to take a minute and talk to this human being inside me, who is already giving me a hard time.


Yah! You better stop. I know your dad is outside, but please behave. I am full and you're making me feel sick.


I tried rubbing my stomach repeatedly to stop feeling weird and pee. I was about to go out when I saw Baekhyun standing outside. Looking like he is waiting for someone. I got out of the comfort room not minding him, when he called me.

 

"Ahreum... c...can we talk?"


I stopped on my track to look at him, "Sure, what is it?" I ask him, fighting with myself. I wanted to really hug him because his baby is doing exhibitions inside me.


"I...I am sor-"


"Ahreum!!!! What did he do????" Chi, who out of nowhere pop out, hysterically grab me, and checks me out. This girl! He didn't do anything wrong.


"What? I am fine."


"What are you doing here with that guy? He is bad news. Let's go." She then holds my hand, and pulled me with her, leaving Baekhyun behind.

 

 

 

"Ahreum!!! Don't leave us. Please..." I have to look at the girl for the nth time today since i've started packing my things.


Today is my last day at work. I am now packing my things. I am not feeling better today, actually, when I woke up today, I thought that I will not be able to go to get my things. But thankfully, I felt a little better after taking a shower.


"Chi, you can always see me at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter