Thirty One

Mend Your Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why can't you just leave the kid here with us?"



"Mom, it's his first night sleeping with Baekhyun's parents. It'll be alright." My mom keeps on bugging me about leaving Ion with Baekhyun's parents while we're out of the country for the opening of Lay's studio in China. I already assured her that it will be alright, since Baek's mom handled Baekhyun herself. But still, she wouldn't buy it.



"Exactly, Ahri! It is his first night. What if he'll cry all night looking for you, or me, or your dad. Think about it. How could you leave him there?"

 

I totally understand her, she's been nothing but an over protecting grandma ever since I gave birth to my son, but I can't say no to Baek's mom when she asked me to let them babysit Ion, while we're gone for three days. "Mom, you can always go there if you want to. They'll call you if ever they need your help. Stop worrying too much."



"I need to finish packing. I love you mom. Stop making faces over there. It doesn't suit you." I can't help but to giggle at my mom's worried look. She's unbelievable sometimes, but I love her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

There's really nothing to worry about. Ion's been behaving well for the last 6 months. I am grateful for his behavior. It actually helped me do a lot of things at home while taking care of him. That's why I am a hundred percent sure that he will also behave with his grandparents on his dad's side.

 

"Baekhyun, tell your mom to call me immediately if something happens. Okay?" My mom snappily told Baekhyun. Which the latter answered her with a nod and smile.

 

"Nari, go kiss the baby. We're leaving." I told Nari who is standing beside my mom.



"Oppa, don't hurt my sister while you're far away from us, okay? Also, my baby Ion, okay?" I can't help but to gape at Baekhyun who is startled by what my sister had said. He for sure knows what he had done to me in front of Nari before.



"No, he won't do that. We we will not allow it. Go ahead, say bye to Ahrion." I have to save the man holding my son from Nari's innocent attack. I bet he's already feeling bad about it. Their closeness never came back even after six months of Baekhyun going in and out of our home.



Going out of the house, I can feel the change in Baekhyun's mood. Being with him for a long time, I know that when he went from loud to quiet, he doesn't want to talk to anybody. I don't want to get in his way that's why I just let him with what he wants. Silence.



Putting Ion on the back in his car seat, I felt Baekhyun's presence at my back. I tried to look at him while I am fastening the seat belts to the baby car seat. I saw him rubbing the back of his head, like he wants to say something, but is  afraid to say it.



"All done. Let's go?" I told Baek with the sweetest smile I could ever give him, trying to ease whatever he is feeling, that is making him feel bad.



After one last check on Ion sleeping at the back seat, I closed the door and walk towards the passenger seat in front, still giving Baekhyun my smile. I was about to open the car door when he beats me to it. I stared at him for a couple of seconds and entered his car while saying my thanks to him, when he leaned over to fasten the seat belts for me. I wasn't really expecting for him to do that and to say what is bothering him while looking at me intently in the eyes.



"Ahri, I didn't know your sister would say that in front of my face. I tried so hard to gain back her trust on me, but I failed. I ed up." Baekhyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter