Twenty Three

Mend Your Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Your baby is doing good, but i suggest you to take a rest for awhile. The baby is healthy, but you have to also be healthy for the baby to grow inside of you well." The doctor said, taking a picture of sonogram for the ultrasound copy. "Please avoid any stress that can cause any problem with your pregnancy, okay?" She added, removing her gloves, throwing it on the trash bin.


"Thank you, Doctor Park." My mom thank the doctor for me. She smiled at my mom and take her leave.


I am just staring at the monitor where i can see the little tiny fetus inside my belly. I am still overwhelmed with this news. Until now, actually, it is not getting inside my head that i am pregnant and bearing a child in my womb. Although my family would always remind me that i am, for example today, i forgot that it is my first visit to my ob-gyne not until my mom reminds me of it. Or when i am running down the stairs and Nari would scream at the top of her lungs for me to stop because she says, "Unnie!!! The baby, stop... I will take care and play with the baby when it's born. You have to be careful!" Or when my step dad would always knock on my room to remind me about drinking my milk. Sometimes, i think, they are just doing that because they don't want me to feel that i am alone in this journey, and I am grateful for that. Just like now, my Mom, Dad and Nari, accompanied me to my ultrasound appointment. All the parents who were lined up to have a check up, was stunned to see a whole family together. Even Doctor Park was slightly shocked when we entered the room all together.


But even though my family is here, I know something big was still missing. It should be Baekhyun with me right now. He should be the one accompanying me to my check-ups. He should be the one sitting beside me right now, holding my hands, getting giddy and excited just like all fathers who were expecting their first child. But then I already made a decision. I am not telling him about our baby, or everyone around, that connects me and Baekhyun. It's not just me now, I have a child to protect. I want us to live peacefully, away from all the drama. That's why i don't tell the news, even to my friend Chi, because i know that Lay and her are now dating. I am sure she'll get mad at me for not telling her, but that girl opens 24/7, and my situation is not safe with her, now that she's with Lay.


After the check up, eating out and shopping for Nari and I's new clothes, we are now home. Getting to my room, i opened my phone to see a text from Chi.
 


From: I

Hey Ahreum! I am excited to see you tomorrow. You've been gone for so long. Everyone's missing you! We have to catch up! I hope you're okay. I love you.

 

I am returning back to work tomorrow, to be honest, i am just going to the office to give my resignation to Jongdae. We've decided as a family that I should just stay home until I gave birth. I have to take care of myself well, that's why I agreed to the decision even though i am giving up this huge project that we have right now.

 

 

 

Getting up early, I prepared myself for meeting Chi and to see her reaction about me resigning, when she knew how happy i am with this project i am supervising. I am thinking of what to say to her, and to everyone, especially Jongdae. I wonder how he would react. He was the reason why my relationship with Baekhyun was ruined. Though i know that the guy never really loved me just like what he have said the last time I saw him.


Arriving at the office, Chi was so happy to finally see me again. Everyone is smiling at me. How can I leave this good people here. Seeing their smile, makes me want to stay an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter