Fourteen: Revelation 1.0

Mend Your Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is monday today, i woke up not feeling really well. My mom totally forgot about me. She did not call to wake me up this morning. I woke up at 7:15 am and i have to be at the office at 8 am. So, i have to quickly took a shower and fix my self for a fudging 15 minutes. I have never took a shower that fast in my whole life. I then quickly went out of my apartment building, running because i don't wanna be late and it's monday. No one should be late on a monday, because we have to be at the auditorium for a monday assembly meeting. I quickly entered my car and steps on the gas, traffic is so bad. Everyone is rushing, not wanting to get late at work.


I've reached my work place, at 8:15 a.m, still late.


Life must be playing with me when i entered the elevator, Mr. Kim steps in with me, greeting me with, "Ahreum, you're already late. Why, rush? There's no use." Am i suppose to laugh at what he said?


"I am so sorry, Director Kim. My mom forgot about calling me, to wake me up. That's why i'm late today." I know, i wasn't suppose to tell him that, but he is my boss and i have to tell him the reason why i am late. After i had said my explanation, we reached our floor. He is eyeing me with curiousity. I know, i am really not an independent woman, like what people see me. I don't know how to wake up without someone waking me. Alarm clock doesn't work with me well. I have to put my phone at my side to hear my mom, calling. I don't know what's wrong with me. I should've said yes to Chi's proposal that we should just stay together. That , even though she party a lot, she knows how to wake up early. I tried not to look at Director Kim, because i am too embarass of my reason.


"Give me your number then." He says while getting his phone from his pocket. I looked at him, not getting what he is saying. He then gave me his phone, not wanting to be rude to my boss, i reached it and put my number in it. I gave it back to him, and i felt my phone buzz. I get it in my bag and look, who it was, "That's me calling, save my number. I'll try to call you in the morning. Though, i am a heavy sleeper too. I'll try." He said, while smiling. He then proceeds walking to the direction of his office. I am left there completely dumb founded. I was then startled by Chi's voice calling me.


"What are you doing there standing? We need to go to the auditorium. Let's go."


We were seated at the back of the auditorium, we always do actually, we don't want to be infront because we always tend not to listen to whatever the speaker is saying, and we both hate mondays, Chi and I.


I then saw Jongdae entered the hall. He is an angel. He sure loves to smile, his smile is contagious. He smiles to everyone who greets him, he's like a politician running for a position that needs to smile to whoever is calling him. I saw him trying to find someone at the audience, when he reach my eyes, he stops. Looking at me, eye nod my head. What was he doing? Why is he staring at me, my supervisor saw him and follows his eyes and saw me having a staring contest with our Director. Jongdae then broke our staring contest giving me a one last glance while smiling. He then turned his attention back to my supervisor who is clearly livid with what he had just witnessed. Mr. Kang, there's nothing going on between the two of us, stop smiling.


My monday ends, just like that. After the ceremony earlier in the morning, everytime Mr. Kang would see me, he would bow and smile at me with his knowing look. Is he really thinking that there's something going on between me and our director? Argh! This old man. I am going out with his friend, not him.


Speaking of friend, Baekhyun called me earlier, he says he wants to see me. I really wanted to see him too. That's why i found myself outside of his restaurant. I entered inside not expecting to see all of his friends including Sehun and Hanna, they are seated together. Suho is with Irene too. I thought i will be spending sometime alone with Baekhyun tonight, but i guess i was wrong.


I saw Baekhyun going out of the Kitchen, he locked eyes with me and smiles. He quickly take his steps to reach me. "Babe, i miss you." He said while hugging me. He steps backward and look at me, eyeing what i am wearing. This guy! He knows i wore this turtle neck knitted long sleeves because of him. He is smiling. I pat him in the arm so he would stop his teasing but he just hugs me to his side. Making me walk with him while he is hugging me. We reached the groups table and they smiled when they see me, except for Sehun. After the last message he sent me, i didn't replied to him anymore. I don't want some toxicity coming from him. I also did not tell Baekhyun about what Sehun had told me. I am just wondering, if he thinks that they are all traitors, what is he still doing here? I mean why is he still hanging out with them? I need to find out why Sehun thinks this guy is a bunch of traitors. They all looked lovely. What made Sehun said that?


"Babe, you're out. What were you thinking?" I quickly snapped out of my thoughts when Baekhyun poke me on my cheeks. "I am not. I just don't wanna talk to you." I told him playfully not wanting to tell him the reason why i am spacing out. "Me? Why?" He said pouting. I kissed his cheek for him to stop. That made him kiss me back. I hope this guy infront of me, is different from what Sehun is saying. I don't wanna get hurt again, even though Baekhyun and I are not officially dating, i want Baekhyun to stay with me. I am okay with this, as long as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter