Twenty Five

Mend Your Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Talking with Sehun after all that happened was somehow comforting. He is one of the few people who knows me well. I know, from the bottom of my heart, that I've already forgiven him from everything. My emotional outburst earlier, adding the pregnancy hormones that triggered my sudden breakdown, was because he was already on a serious level of relationship with Hanna, while here I am, pregnant and nothing. I should really stop self pitying. It is not helping me. A lot of times when I am alone, I would always think things, like, if I tell Baekhyun about this, is he finally coming back to me, or would he denied that the baby is his. There's just a bunch of questions and things that runs on my mind. Maybe that's the reason why this baby inside me loves to move around. It's his own little way to stop me from over thinking things.


I can see that Sehun is still absorbing the news about my pregnancy. He would always look at my tummy with weird expressions on his face.  There's a time that, while we're crossing the pedestrian, he suddenly speak and said, "Wow, Ahreum! I still can't believe that you're pregnant." adding, "Can't believe that Baek hyung knocked you up." I just smiled to everything that he had said. More especially when he asked, "Are you never going to tell him about this?" Telling Baekhyun about this was not my priority right now.


Continuing my walk, Sehun then had to pull me close to him as a protection, when a bunch of students probably from the school near the area, who does not care if they bump to other people, came in our way. I felt happy knowing that he still have this kind of protectiveness in him. Some things, never changed. I guess?


Reaching the hospital parking lot, Sehun asked me another question again. "Ahri, does your family hates me?"


I am not expecting that kind of question from him. How can I answer that question, when all I know is that, even though he had caused me so much troubles and heartaches, my family would never hate him. I am a hundred for sure with that.


"Sehun, you know them. They can't hate you." I told him, rubbing my bump. "They've loved you like their own for three years. You can't easily take away that love they had for you."


"Please forgive me, Ahri. I know, I ed up so hard. I am sorry this is all happening to you. It's all my fault. You wouldn't even meet him, if it wasn't for me. I'll go to your house and say my sorry personally to your parents, and Nari." He said, giving me the saddest look I have ever seen in him. He looked remorseful.


"Sehun, it's okay. What happened to me was my choice when I let Baekhyun enter my life. Besides, this baby, it's a blessing for me and my family." I said, looking down at my bump. "You know what, I just found out today that it's a boy." I giggly told him. Sehun is now giving me his soft smile. He knows how much I always want to have my own kids. Just not in this kind of situation.


"You know how much we wanted to have a baby bo-"


After realising what I am saying, I stopped myself from uttering another word that can make the situation between us awkward. It's not right to talk about the past, especially if it's with your ex-boyfriend.


"I am sorry, Sehun. Thank you for walking me back. I have to go. Your promise okay? Don't tell anyone." I say, getting in my car. Sehun has to help me seat, because of this huge tummy I have.


"I won't, Ahreum! Take care, you and the baby."


I nod to him. Closing the door, I pulled down the window and look up to him. "Take care also. You and Hanna. I hope your dad gets better." I said, pulling my window up. Starting the car, Sehun has to take a step back, still looking at me through the window.


Driving away, I wonder how it would be if it turned out Sehun, to be the father of my baby. That guy likes kids so much.


What if he was your daddy? Just what if, okay? Don't move too hard in there.

 

 

 

Getting home, Nari ran as fast as she can when she saw my car parked outside. She knows that I've had an appointment with my Doctor today to find out about the baby's gender. Nari, wants the baby to be a girl, but it's not. How can I tell her?


"Unnie, what is your baby going to be?" She asked. 


We are all at our dining table having our dinner. I take this as a special dinner, because I am finally going to tell everyone the gender of my baby.


"He is going to be a doctor or something. I am not sure yet, Nari. What do you want him to be?" I said, giving everyone on the dining table a hint.


"It's a he? It's a boy? Are we finally going to have another boy in this family?" My dad, who looked frantic and excited at the same time with the news, said.


"Yes, dad! Finally."


My mom who is quietly eating at the side, is looking at me with her teary eyes. I know she was just like me. She was just acting okay but deep inside, she was as hurt as I am, with what happened to me.


She suddenly stands up on her seat and goes to where I am seated. Hugging me from my back, she said, "I am so proud of you, Ahri. You're my  brave daughter. You're going to be a great mom, and I am going to be the best grandma. I can't believe this is actually happening."


"Awe, mom! I am too. I still can't believe that there's something growing inside of me. This exhibitionist little boy." I said, holding my mom's hands.


"Unnie, it's not a girl? Make another baby and make it a girl. I don't wanna be the only little girl here anymore just like daddy." Nari said, pouting.


That stops my moment with mom, as we all laughed at Nari's statement. This little girl!

 

 

I am on my eight months of pregnancy and ever since the day that Sehun found out about me being pregnant, he would always send me texts like "Good morning, Ahri. How's you and the baby?" or "I hope you're okay and taking your meds on time." He always calls me every night too, if he has a time. He also reminds me to drink my milk and to take care of myself since my due is getting nearer.


Having Sehun to remind me of everything, made my pregnancy a little better. I am not sure if this is right, but I am happy with his presence in my life right now.


I am expecting to see a text from Sehun when I saw a text message, pop at the screen of my phone, opening it, I saw that it's from Chi. I am super sorry for this friend of mine, who always leaves me a text or call. But sadly, wasn't able to get a response from me. Since last month, she would always go to our house, but my mom would always tell her that I am still at my aunt's place and it is so far, that the signa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter