Friendly Date

Cat Quest

 

 

At the entrance of Lotte World, me and Tiffany are waiting for Seolhyun. She's not late, we're just a bit earlier to our call time.

This is my first time to go here, I'm excited but nervous at the same time.

"Are you okay Taetae?" Tiffany asked as she stared at me and smiled.

I shyly nodded.

"So cute babe. Are you hungry? Do you want me to buy food?" She sweetly asked.

"No, it's okay. Thank you Fany," I smiled. She's being sweet. She's like a girlfriend to me.

"Fany? Is that my pet name? It's cute Tae, I like it," she grinned.

"Fany ah," I called as I gazed at her. I can't control this urge to confess to her. It always feels like it's now or never.

"Yes Tae?" She sensed that I'm serious as she gazed back.

What if I tell her that I like her? Is it too soon? But it's not like I'm asking her to be my girlfriend right? I just want her to know and to confirm if we have the same feelings.

Tiffany slightly tilted her head, she looked puzzled. "Tae? Is there something wrong?"

"No, nothing's wrong," I keep playing my fingers.

"Then what is it?" She leaned forward to me and her face is just few inches from mine.

My face flushed, I'm kinda shy. Damn it. I don't want to be chicken right now.

"I just want to say that... I... I-"

Before I could say that I like her, Seolhyun sprinted to us. Our conversation died just like that, I sighed heavily.

"Sorry guys, am I late?" She's out of breath.

Tiffany shook her head "You're not late, just on time."

I slumped my shoulders, disappointed. I lost my chance to confess. Maybe it's too early for that. I don't know if I still can do it some other time, my confidence also died.

A girl appeared behind Seolhyun's back and she smiled to us.

"Annyeong haseyo," she greeted.

"By the way, this is Yeji. She's my best friend from other University. I hope it's okay that I bring her with me," Seolhyun said as she fidgeted her fingers.

"It's fine, the more the merrier!" Tiffany approved not hesitating. Very nice of her.

"Nice to meet you guys," Yeji politely said.

"I'm Kim Taeyeon," I bowed my head to her.

"I'm Hwang Tiffany," Tiffany copied me. "Nice to meet you too," she added.

Yeji smiled and she also bowed to us.

"I notice, you colored your hair," Seolhyun touched my hair gently "It's so beautiful... like you." She complimented.

"T-thank you," I blushed. It's not my first time to get a compliment like that because Tiffany already said that to me but I don't know how to handle it. It's still new to me and I don't think that I can get used to it.

"I like your style too, you look cool," Seolhyun gave me a quick once over.

"Of course, I helped Tae with her outfit," Tiffany cockily said.

I nodded "Yes."

"I think you're really fashionable," Yeji said as she observed Tiffany's outfit.

Tiffany giggled then she tossed her hair "Can't blame me, I love beautiful clothes and beautiful things." She glanced at me. Is she inferring something? I can't help but to smile.

Seolhyun cleared "Let's go and buy tickets," she suggested.

"Just wait here guys, I'm on it," Tiffany said.

"Huh? Are you sure?" Seolhyun asked.

"Of course, my treat," Tiffany insisted and smiled widely.

"Okay... so the food is on me," Seolhyun offered.

"Really eonni?" Yeji happily squealed.

Seolhyun nodded, I feel like there's a competition here.

"Okay, I'll just buy tickets," Tiffany excused herself.

"This is going to be fun!" Yeji cheered.

I smiled at her, she's really energetic.

Tiffany bought 4 tickets for us then we went in. I saw a lot of different rides, food stands, restaurants, souvenir shops and many more.

Lotte World is an enormous theme park with both indoor and outdoor activities, making it the utmost place for a day out whatever the weather is. It is also home to an aquarium, a folk museum and it's the 5th tallest building in the world. Wow daebak!

It is divided into Lotte World Adventure – an indoor world themed area and Magic Island – an outdoor themed area.

It exceeded my expectation, I beamed seeing this beautiful place.

"So what will we do first?" Yeji asked as she toured her eyes around the place.

"What do you wanna do Taeyeon?" Seolhyun directly asked me.

"Ummm..." I looked down. I don't know what to do because it's my first time here.

Then my stomach grumbled without a warning and I swear I want the ground to swallow me whole. It's really embarrassing!

"You're hungry?" Seolhyun asked concerned.

"Oh yeah, we haven't eaten anything yet," Tiffany claimed it.

"That's bad. Let me buy food, what do you want?" Seolhyun asked again.

"S-sandwich," I mumbled.

"Okay, just wait here."

"I'll go with you," Tiffany said.

"Um... okay." Then they walked away to buy some food.

"Obviously... they like you," Yeji suddenly commented.

My forehead creased "Huh?"

"You're so lucky Taeyeon eonni," she giggled. "Oh... I will just go to the restroom. Do you want to come with me?"

"Ah no, I'm fine.  I'll wait here." I said.

"Okay eonni, I'll be back," she excused herself then left me.

I saw a game booth with cute cat plush toys in display. I grinned as I walked to the game booth

The in-charge personnel came near me "Do you want the plush toy Miss?"

I vigorously nodded.

He leaned forward to me "Play the game and I will give you tips on how to play it right," he whispered.

"Really?" He's so kind!

He nodded.

"Okay I will play then." I took 3 bucks from my pocket and handed it to him.

He taught me how to shoot the ball in the huge drum so it will not bounce out of it. He even let me tried to do it but discreetly. He advised that I need to target the center so I focused on doing it.

He really wants me to win that plush toy and I'm happy because of that. There are three drums and I need to shoot at least two balls without bouncing out to get a cat plush toy.

I'm determine to win the plush toy and give it to Tiffany.

So when I got the technique, I started the game smooth. Fortunately, it went well and it worked! I won the plushy! Thanks to this guys.

Then he gave me the white cat plush toy that looks like Tiffany in her cat form. It's so cute. She will like this for sure.

I quickly put it in my backpack. I want to surprise her so I will give it later in our dorm.

Seolhyun and Tiffany came back along with Yeji, they are holding hotdog sandwiches and soda cans.

Seolhyun handed me a hotdog sandwich and a soda can.

I accepted it "Thank you."

"Sorry, it's the only sandwich we found here," Seolhyun apologized.

"No, it's good. I like this. Thank you," I smiled to reassure her that it's just fine.

"I told you, she will like it," Tiffany confidently said as she winked at me.

"I'm glad," Seolhyun gave a half smile.

"Let's look around while eating this," Yeji suggested.

"Ne!" I agreed.

We started to eat as we roamed around the place. It was really beautiful and there were also different rides, from kiddie fares to extreme rides. There were also scary places like Haunted House, Asylum and Zombie Island. I will never try to go there, I don't like scary places.

Even after we finished eating our sandwiches, we continued to stroll around and we also bought some souvenirs.

We were almost done checking all the booths when they decided to try an extreme ride. They encouraged me to join or more like they forced me to ride the French Revolution because they said it was my first time. Gosh. It's turning at 360 degrees and even up to 540 degrees in several parts, it is absolutely a MUST try for all adrenaline lovers. It goes through buildings so there is always a close thing crash feeling that ups for adventure factor.

Damn. I couldn't believe I joined them. I was glad that Tiffany sat next to me that time because when the ride started I swear that I regretted it. I held Tiffany's hand the entire time. I felt my body was like a jelly and I really wanted to puke but I didn't. I stopped myself because I didn't want to embarrass them. I'm glad that I managed to control myself. It was a heart thumping, stomach dropping feeling!

After that, I promised to myself that I will never ride roller coaster again. No .

"That was fun!" Tiffany cheerfully said.

"Yeah!" Yeji laughed.

"We should try other rides like that," Tiffany suggested and I frowned. She really enjoyed it and I didn't.

"Sure let's go!" Yeji excitedly said.

"Taeyeon, are you okay?" Seolhyun asked worried and they looked at me.

I gulped "I will just wait, you can go try other rides."

Her forehead furrowed "Why?"

"I don't like it, I feel like I might throw up when I try it again," I answered honestly.

"Then I'll just stay here with you," Seolhyun offered.

I shook my head "You should have fun, I'll be fine."

"No I won't leave you alone Taeyeon. Besides, we can have fun without riding extreme rides. I'm also not a fan of those," Seolhyun explained.

"Okay. I will not go either. I don't feel like it," Tiffany flatly said.

Yeji pouted. I feel bad. The mood fell down because of me.

"I'm sorry guys," I sadly apologized. I ruined the fun.

"Why are you apologizing?" Tiffany asked.

I stayed silent.

"Don't be guilty, you didn't do anything wrong. It's our decision," Seolhyun added.

"Then let's go to the Haunter House!" Yeji energetically said to lighten the mood.

"Ne!" Tiffany and Seolhyun both agreed.

Oh damn it. I sensed of doom as we walked to the scary place.

We went in the Haunted House and I thought it would be scary as as we entered. But the props weren't that scary at all. I was calmed at first but when Tiffany disappeared, I knew she used her magic to scare us more. It was terrifying, all was real. Ghosts were everywhere. I had no choice but to cling myself to Seolhyun for my dear life. I was thankful that we found the exit before I could have an heart attack.

And I will never forget Tiffany's jealous face staring at my hand holding onto Seolhyun's arm. It was her fault, she scared the out of me. Serves her right.

We never tried extreme rides or go in the scary places again after that. We just ate then strolled again.

We also played games at some booths and I felt so lucky because I won Hello Kitty stuff toy in a shooting game.

We spent the whole day in Lotte World and we actually had fun. I never thought being with friends is really fun like this. I want to do this again.

Before we go home, we decided to try one last ride.

We are standing in a queue to ride the ferris wheel. I'm holding the stuff toy and staring at the gigantic ferris wheel.

"Taeyeon eonni, Seolhyun really likes Hello Kitty," Yeji whispered to me.

"Really?" I smiled and she nodded.

"Seolhyun?" I called.

"Yes?" Seolhyun asked unaware.

I handed her the stuff toy "Take it."

Seolhyun stared at me like she didn't expect it "Huh?"

"Keep this," I grinned.

Seolhyun reluctantly accepted the stuff toy "T-thank you," she blushed then hugged it. She looked so shy but happy as well.

"You're welcome," I glanced at Tiffany and I saw her rolled her eyes.

Don't worry Fany ah, you have a plush toy too.

"Let's ride by partners," Yeji suggested as she waggled her eyebrows.

We all nodded.

"Umm... Taeyeon? Can we go on a ride together?" Seolhyun shyly inquired.

I want Tiffany with me but I can't refuse Seolhyun, she'll be offended.

"Okay," I said.

Seolhyun smiled widely "Great!"

Tiffany turned her back to us, I hope she's not mad.

Me and Seolhyun went in first to the enclosed cabin of the Ferris Wheel. We sat in front of each other, she's smiling while hugging the Hello Kitty stuff toy.

"You really like Hello Kitty huh?" I noticed. Just to start a conversation. I don't want to be awkward, Seolhyun is my very first friend and I'm thankful for that.

She blinked few times "How did you know?"

"Um... Good guess?" I massaged the nape of my neck and smiled.

"Well, yes. You guessed it right. Thank you for this Taeyeon. I will keep this carefully."

I nodded "Thank you for this day. It's my first time to hangout with friends and I really had fun." I bowed my head "I'm sorry if I ruined it."

"Stop it Taeyeon," she held my cheek that made me look up at her "You didn't do anything to ruin this friendly date. We all had fun and I'm glad because you tagged along with us."

I gave her a half smile.

"Please be confident Taeyeon and you have nothing to be ashamed of," she almost whispered. Her sweet voice is enticing me.

Then Seolhyun is slowly leaning forward to me. Wait? Is she going to kiss me? She's staring at my lips! I can't do this, I feel like I cheated on Tiffany if I would let this happen.

I moved away waking her from her trance. She pulled herself away and stiffened.

Geez... this is awkward.

"Um... I... I hope this will happen again... I mean, our date. Our friendly date," I stuttered.

She giggled "Of course Taeyeon and I hope we can go on a date like...I just the two of us."

I held my breath for few seconds when I heard her say go on a date like just the two of us. It hit me like a bucket of cold water. She likes me? Nah! Maybe I misunderstood her so I just shrugged it off.

After the last ride, we bid our goodbyes.

"Thank you so much guys that you let me tag along, I hope we are all friends now," Yeji happily said as she bowed her head.

"Friends? Us?" I asked dubiously.

Yeji vigorously nodded "Yes Taeyeon eonni."

I hugged her "Thank you Yeji! I'm happy to be your friend!"

Yeji patted my back "Me too, Taeyeon eonni. Let's do this often okay?"

I faced her and nodded "Sure!" I beamed at her.

Yeji blushed, she's really cute.

"So we gotta go now. See you at school on Monday," Seolhyun said then she hugged me briefly.

We waved goodbyes then left.

Tiffany was indifferent, she didn't talk much after our friendly date.



 

x