Hangout

Cat Quest

 

 

In our classroom after the literature class. Most of the students were gone.

I was done putting my stuffs in my bag though I was still sitting when someone hugged me from the back.

"We have our free time, our next class is cancelled. Do you wanna eat Tae?" Tiffany whispered to my ear.

Well yeah, we have the same classes together.

"I want to sleep."

"Are we going back to our dorm?" Her face touched mine as her hug tightened. It's comfy, I won't complain.

"Rooftop."

"Okay I'll buy food and drinks for us before going there."

I sighed "Okay."

"Hey guys."

Tiffany and I both looked up.

"Hi Seolhyun," Tiffany greeted. She remained hugging me.

Seolhyun awkwardly glancing at Tiffany's arms around me, she looked kinda tense or uncomfortable.

I held Tiffany's arms to remove it but she wouldn't budge. Aisshhh... this cat!

"I just want to ask you guys if you're available tonight? Yeji asked if we could go to a nightclub," Seolhyun said looking directly at me.

"Nightclub? Sounds fun!" Tiffany exclaimed.

Nightclub. I will be awkward because I've never been there before. I don't drink, dance and socialize.

"Sure! Let's go there," Tiffany accepted the invitation.

I scowled "What?"

"We will go right?" Tiffany asked me but more like a command. 

Wait a minute. I'm the master here. Is she bossing me around?

"Fine," I forcefully said.

"Cool!" Tiffany squealed. "You're the best Tae!" She unexpectedly pecked my cheek then let go of me.

My mouth fell open. Did she just kiss me in front of Seolhyun?

I saw Seolhyun gulped and she looked confounded.

"We will go with you tonight," Tiffany confirmed. She took her bag then held my hand. "Let's go Tae."

"Huh? Uh... o-okay," I stood up. "See you later Seolhyun," I smiled.

Seolhyun gave me a half smile "Okay Taeyeon, see you later."

"See you later," Tiffany practically dragged me to the hallway.

We were walking hand in hand.

"What are you doing Tiffany?" 

"What do you mean?"

"Why did you do that in front of Seolhyun?"

"What did I do? I'm just being comfortable with you. We're friends, nothing to be jealous," she explained.

"But you know, she likes me," I feel a bit guilty for Seolhyun. I think she's hurt.

"So what? I'm your friend and she's just your friend too," she asserted.

Indeed, she has a point. Me and Seolhyun are friends, it's not like we're dating.

"Do you want ramyun?" Tiffany asked changing the subject.

"Y-yes," my stomach grumbled.

I haven't eaten anything yet.

"Okay, I'll buy ramyun for us," Tiffany giggled. "Then let's go to the rooftop."

"Ne."

 


-

 


Around 8pm, we went to a nightclub. 

As we entered, we slip in among the crowd to find an empty table. I'm glad because we found one quickly and settled there. The music blasts reverberating through my ears down my chest. I can see the cool DJ on the stage who plays the Sound Reinforcement System. She looks professional operating the mixer. She caught my attention because I think she's really impressive.

However, I hate the blaring sound of the music and there are a lot of people here; dancing, drinking, talking even if it's loud pretending that they hear one another, and some couples are making out. And there's this inevitable guy that tries to start a fight with everyone. Geez. What the heck? I can also see smoke everywhere. I don't like this place, I just want to go home and lay myself in bed. Damn.

Don't blame me, this is my first time here and I'm an introvert. I think it's obvious. It's kinda uncomfortable.

And Tiffany isn't here yet, she told me that she will just follow us here.

We're sitting while touring our eyes around the place. It's not bad. The design of the club is quite elegant and laudable. I just don't like the aura, all are hyped up except me.

Yeji ordered a bucket of beers and it arrived instantly.

Seolhyun leaned forward to me and asked "Do you drink?"

I timidly shook my head. I never tried drinks with alcohol before.

"Do you want to?" At least, she asked not forced me.

I think there's nothing wrong if I try just one bottle "Yes."

Seolhyun smiled then handed me a bottle of beer. I tried and took a gulp of it then automatically my face scrunched up in distaste.

It's bitter version of root beer. Honestly, I don't like it. Why people like this kind of drink? Weird.

"Where's Tiffany eonni?" Yeji asked.

I shrugged. I don't know where she is. "She told me, she will follow us here."

Yeji nodded as her body moves with the music enjoying it.

I look around, this is not my thing. Oh my sweet bed, I miss you so badly.

I feel Seolhyun's hand on my shoulder "Are you okay?"

I turned to her and nodded "Yes."

Her hand moved to my other shoulder, I didn't react so she gently wrapped her arm around my neck and leaned closer to me.

"I know you don't like this place, me too... everything here reeks." She said. I could feel her lips on my ear.

I chuckled "It's just... it's not my thing."

Seolhyun nodded "Likewise," she giggled.

Then Tiffany appeared out of nowhere, she approached us with this annoying guy, Nick. . Just .

"Hi guys!" Tiffany energetically greeted.

I really wanted to roll my eyes but that would be ing rude.

What's happening to me? I'm being grumpy all of a sudden. Then I gulped few times of my beer, my mood fell down.

"Hello," Nick greeted with his playboy smile.

Many girls are swooning over him. He's really a catch. He looks handsome, smart and rich. Perfect. Almost.

Tiffany glanced at Seolhyun's arm around me "Sorry we're late."

"It's okay eonni, I'm happy you came!" Yeji cheerfully said.

"Yeji, this is Nick..." Tiffany patted Nick's shoulder "a friend."

"Hi Yeji! Nice to meet you," he bowed.

"Nice to meet you too Nick," Yeji also bowed.

I really want to go home. Ugh. Why would she bring that guy here? Are they dating now? I know it's none of my business but it's annoying. This is supposed to be girls' bonding.

Yeji clapped her hands two times "Finally, let's meet my friend in the VIP room! Kaja!" She announced.

We went to the VIP room and there's a lady waiting. Wait. Was she the DJ, I saw a while ago? Omo. She's so pretty and cool in short distance. 

Yeji hugged her briefly.

I notice, the music is barely audible in this room. Good thing. I will just definitely stay here.

"Guys..." Yeji called our attention "This my friend, Juniel. She's the most famous DJ here and take note, she's the owner of this club." She introduced Juniel. Whoa daebak. She looks young to own this place.

"Annyeong haseyo, I'm Choi Juniel please to meet y'all,"she gingerly bowed to us. "I already knew Seolhyun."

"I'm Tiffany," she gave Juniel an eye smile but it was forced. I knew it.

"I'm Nick," he shyly waved  his hand to Juniel. Looks like he has a little crush on her. How cute. Did you hear the sarcasm there? Sorry not sorry, I just can't help it. I don't like him.

Then Juniel met my eyes "I-I'm Taeyeon." Why did I stutter? I hope not to embarrass myself more.

Juniel stared at me differently like she's fond of seeing me. Do I look like a meat? That makes me quite uncomfortable and averted my eyes from her.

Seolhyun put her hand on my shoulder possessively as she leaned her body to me. It's fine, I feel safe with her.

Juniel raised her eyebrows "Um... I'm glad that y'all came here. Don't worry about everything here, just order what you want. It's on me."

Yeji cheered "Who wants to dance?" Everybody raised their hands except me and Juniel.

"Let's go!" Yeji squealed excitedly.

Seolhyun looked at me.

"I'm okay, I'll stay here." I told her. As I said, I'll stay here.

"Are you sure?" Seolhyun asked concerned.

I simply nodded.

"Let's go Tiffany," Nick said as he put his filthy hands on Tiffany's shoulders.

Tiffany was staring at me with her straight face.

"Okay! Let's enjoy the night while it's still young!" Yeji shouted as she exited the room.

"Enjoy guys!" Juniel said as she twirled a lock of her hair.

Nick pushed Tiffany to go outside before she could say anything followed by Seolhyun but the latter looked back at me.

"Just enjoy Seolhyun," I smiled.

"I'll be back."

I shook my head "Just enjoy the night. I'll be fine here."

"Don't worry Seolhyun, I will stay here with her," Juniel reassured her.

Seolhyun frowned then went out.

I turned to Juniel, she was already sitting on the couch.

"Come here, let's drink?" Juniel offered.

I nodded.

She patted the seat next to her "Sit here please."

I complied and sat next to her. She handed me a cocktail, I gladly took it and mumbled thanks.

"Are you new here?" She asked as she took a sip of her drink.

"Actually, it's my first time to go in this kind of place," I bashfully said.

Juniel crossed her legs then stared at me, she looked fascinated "Really? So what do you think?" She leaned closer to me.

I nervously stiffened "Um... The place is cool but I really don't like loud music so..."

"So you stay here," she finished my sentence.

I nodded.

Juniel leaned more, our faces were just an inch apart "Sounds interesting..."

I silently swallowed then took a sip of my drink. My face grimaced, the drink was strong. 

Juniel giggled "You're so cute Taeyeon," she held my shoulder sensually.

I'm uncomfortable with her very close to me, she's invading my personal space.

"I-I should g-go," I managed to say.

"I thought you don't like loud music," Juniel straddled me. She sat on my lap and put her hands on my shoulders.

"I need to go home," I insisted.

"But the night is still young, let's have some fun," Juniel said leaning close to me.

I held her arms and tried to push her but she wouldn't budge. 

"Let me go," I squirmed.

"Why Taeyeon?" She frowned. "Don't you like me?"

"No... I mean... I do like you because I think you're cool but-"

She put her index finger on my lips to interrupt me.

"No BUTs baby," she smirked. "Let's have some fun."

Juniel held my cheeks, she leaned closer and closer then was about to kiss me.

"No... stop..." I muttered.

"Excuse me?" Someone shouted irritated.

Juniel and I turned to the voice, it was Seolhyun. She looked mad.

"What's this Juniel?" Seolhyun asked as she walked to us.

"We're just having fun," Juniel nonchalantly answered.

I looked at Seolhyun pleading for help.

"It doesn't look like fun to Taeyeon," Seolhyun contended.

"Really?" Juniel asked innocently.

"Yes really," Seolhyun said as she folded her arms.

Juniel sighed then slowly moved away from me letting me go. It's my cue, I quickly stood up.

Seolhyun held my hand and pulled me closer to her.

"I see... she's your girl. I didn't know, I'm sorry," Juniel apologetically said.

"Next time, know your limits. Don't force someone and show some respect," Seolhyun countered. She's really angry.

"Chill Seol, I'm really sorry," Juniel reiterated.

Seolhyun gritted her teeth.

"Seolhyun it's fine," I said.

"Let's go," Seolhyun's hold tightened then she dragged me outside.

In front of the bar, Seolhyun let go of my hand. She paced back and forth.

"Thank you," I sincerely said.

Seolhyun stopped pacing then she exasperatedly sighed "Why are you always like this Taeyeon?"

"What do you mean?" 

"You always let someone overpowers you!" She yelled.

I frowned. She's right though, I don't fight. I can't protect myself so I will just easily succumb.

Seolhyun looked shocked with what she behaved "I'm sorry Taeyeon. I didn't mean to yell and I didn't mean that."

"It's okay Seolhyun, you're right," I sadly said.

Seolhyun suddenly hugged me "It's not okay. I'm sorry if I'm like this. She was forcing you Taeyeon! If I hadn't left you with her, it wouldn't have happened. I'm really mad at myself."

"Seolhyun... It's not your fault and I'm glad that you came back." I pulled away to face her. "Thank you for helping me because I'm not really comfortable with Juniel."

"Are you okay?" She asked then held my cheek and it.

"I'm okay now," I smiled.

Seolhyun cares for me and I'm thankful because she's always there to help. She shows her feelings to me and I can feel her love. It's just sad that I can't return it. But why? I should give her a chance... give us a chance.

I love Tiffany, it will never change but I can also love Seolhyun. 

Me and Tiffany will never be together because of the situation and she doesn't love me like the way I do. I won't force her and I need to help her.

Actually, I'm starting to like Seolhyun big time. I guess this is my chance.

I leaned forward to Seolhyun then pecked her on cheek. She blushed immediately and she looked flabbergasted.

I chuckled "Thank you again."

I turned to my side when I sensed that someone was looking then I met those cat eyes.

I froze as we stared at each other.

"Tiffany," I whispered.

Then Tiffany walked fast away from the club.

"Um... I have to go Seolhyun. Thanks for this night," I hurriedly said.

"Huh? But Taeyeon-"

I waved goodbye "Take care Seolhyun, bye," I ran and followed Tiffany.

 


-

 


In our dorm unit.

I panted as I closed the door. Tiffany was really fast. Aisshhh... I walked near her, her back was facing me "Why did you leave?"

"Nice kiss," she said ignoring my question.

"Well..." Should I be guilty? But why? I just kissed Seolhyun on cheek.

"You really like Seolhyun now?"

"Huh? Um..."

"You like her," she stated.

I gulped.

Tiffany turned to me with her teary eyes. My heart clenched seeing her like this. What did I do this time?

She doesn't even like me right? What's wrong this time?

And yes I like Seolhyun. Why does it matter to her? 

Uhh... yeah, because of her mission.

"Yes, I like her."

She only cares about her mission.

mission.

this love.

 

 

 


×

Eventful night?

Just few more chapters and it will end soon. ☹