Her Confession

Cat Quest

 

 

 

"That's a good thing," she almost choked the words.

I like Seolhyun but now, I realize I don't have special feelings for her. I like her personality and she's a friend. Just a friend nothing more.

No matter how hard I try, I can't force myself to love someone else. Damn it.

I love Tiffany, I'm in love with her.

But I don't want to force her, she doesn't have feelings for me. I should still keep trying to fall in love with Seolhyun. She's really nice and I don't want Tiffany to be trapped here anymore.

"Yes, eventually, you'll be finally accomplished your mission," I forced a smile.

Then I heard low sniffs. Wait. Is Tiffany crying?

I walked closer to her and saw her crying, her eyes were red.

"What's wrong Tiffany?" I asked worried.

She shook her head. She looked dejected. She looked really in pain.

My eyebrows snapped together in confusion.

"Why are you crying?" 

"It's just nothing, don't mind me," she muttered.

"But you look in pain," I wiped her tears but it didn't stop falling from her eyes.

"Stop it. Just go to your bed Taeyeon," I could hear her pain in her voice.

"Why are you being like this?"

Tiffany shoved my hand away and she abruptly stepped back "You made me like this."

My forehead furrowed "What? Me?"

"Just go away..." her voice cracked.

"What did I do? Tell me."

She shook her head "Stay away from me!"

I feel my tears are forming in my eyes. Ouch. That hurts like .

"Why?"

"I don't like you near me!" 

"Why?" It feels like I have an infectious disease.

She remained quiet.

"Is this because I'm a nerd?"

"Huh?"

"Or maybe because I'm a lesbian? You don't want me to infect you?"

"What? No-"

"Oh because I'm a loser!" I laughed mirthlessly. "Yeah that's right. I get it," I stepped back.

Tiffany sprinted to me then hugged me tightly.

"No Taeyeon, I'm sorry." Her voice was broken.

"Stop saying sorry Tiffany," I held her arms and tried to get away from her but she won't let me as her hug tightened.

"It's not like that Taeyeon..."

"Then what Tiffany? What's happening to you? I'm so hurt, you're breaking my heart." I sobbed.

"I love you! I'm in love with you but I know you don't have feelings for me. I'm sorry if you're stuck here. I just can't control my heart," I bit my lower lip to restrain my sob.

I heard Tiffany sobbed as well. It breaks my heart more. I don't want to see her in pain.

"I will ask Gran about this and I will ask her to set you free."

"No... you don't understand..."

"I understand Tiffany, you're here against your will. You're doing the mission against your will and I don't like it. You have the right to do what you want!" I tried to free myself from her but she's not letting me go.

"Maybe you're right... It's against my will to go here and accomplish the mission. It was against my will but when I met you and got to know you... I started to like being here." Her hugged loosened and I stopped resisting.

"Everything I showed you was pure genuine, it wasn't against my will Taeyeon."

"What?"

"I hate seeing you like this, I hate the fact that I'm the reason why you're hurt."

"Tiffany..."

"I can't hide this feeling anymore, I can't just pretend that I don't love you Taeyeon."

"W-what?" I quickly turned around to face her.

"I love you Taeyeon," she said staring at me. "I'm sorry for hurting you."

"You love me?" I asked dazed. "But you told me I'm just your master, nothing more. You rejected me."

Is this really happening? My mind can't process it.

"I only said that to avoid this to happen."

I frowned "What do you mean? Why you want to avoid this to happen?"

"Because I'm also in love with you Taeyeon," she held my cheek.

I can't help but to smile "Really?"

"Yes. Now I'm not afraid to tell it." 

Oh fudge. This feels surreal like a chimera.

"I'm in love with you Kim Taeyeon."

But I know, this is happening.

This is real.

 

 

×