Confession

Cat Quest

 

 

After the dinner, I asked Seolhyun to bring me to the dorm immediately. I already missed my cat. I giggled at the thought of her.

I walked into our dorm unit and saw Tiffany in her cat form. She's curled sleeping on the other bed.

Aisshh... I told her not to change in her cat form. She's stubborn sometimes.

I tiptoed quietly to her then stopped at the side of the bed. I stared at her, she's really cute though. Actually, I'm a dog lover and I'm not fond of cats but when Tiffany came I'm starting to like cats too.

"You're here, hooman."

I awkwardly cleared my throat "Y-yeah."

Tiffany moved her head up and looked up at me "How's the dinner?" She asked obviously uninterested.

I grinned "It's really a good restaurant. You will like it there," I said.

"Meow... Really huh?" She looked bored.

I rolled my eyes and picked her up like a baby, her eyes widened "What are you doing hooman? Take me down!" She demanded as she wiggled her body.

"Why are you sleeping there? I want you in my bed," I smirked.

Tiffany lowly growled "Do you want me to scratch your face?" She grumpily asked.

Whew. Feisty.

"You will never hurt me, won't you?" I challenged.

She rolled her eyes. Whoa daebak! Chincha neomu kwiyowo! This cat is so cute.

I feel her purring. I guess, she's happy because she looked peaceful and comfortable. I did some research about cat. Purring is the most common sound cats make. And yes, cats purr when they're content.

Tiffany's purring is the most mesmerizing sound for me, it brings smile on my face and it makes me relax somehow. 

She lifted one of her forelegs then tapped my nose with her paw for few times, just gently and her claws were hidden.

"Did you have fun with her?" She asked with an attitude.

"Good place, good food and good people. Yes, I enjoyed the dinner."

"You really had fun with your date."

I scolwed "That's not a date," I clarified then sat on my bed. "It's just a dinner."

"Date," she added. "Why she asked you out?"

"Because we're friends?" I simply said.

Tiffany looked at me suspiciously "Nothing more?"

I just shrugged.

"Tell me more, I want to know," she requested.

"N-nothing more."

"There's more, I can sense so spill it."

I sighed.

"What did she say hooman?"

I puffed my cheeks then blew.

"Come on hooman!"

"She told me that she likes and she's falling for me."

"Really?" She flatly said then she wiggled her body "Let me go now hooman."

I let her go and she jumped on my bed. She sat with her hind legs "That's a good news."

"I don't like her like that Fany but she asked me to give her a chance and show her feelings for me. I wanted confront her because I didn't want to give her false hope but it was her request. I couldn't just refuse it." I explained.

"You don't like her? I thought you have a crush on her?"

"It's just a simple crush, nothing more," I clarified.

"You mentioned it before, you like someone else."

Isn't it obvious that I like her? Why is she being oblivious?

I petted her head and she closed her eyes "Mmm... right there hooman. Mhmm..." She likes it. I chuckled.

But she pulled away "Anyway, who's that someone?"

I gulped then blushed.

"You know... I really like her," I nervously said.

She nodded waiting for me to continue.

"And I think I'm falling for her."

Tiffany gazed at me "You love her?" She asked but more like a statement.

I nodded.

"Who is she?"

Oh . This is it.

It's now or never Taeyeon. Come on! Tell her! This your chance. I motivated myself.

"Taeyeon?"

"You."

Her eyes widened.

"It's you, Fany. I'm falling for you," I genuinely said. My heart skipped beats and I held my breath.

Tiffany jumped from my bed.

"Fany?" I gasped.

"No, Taeyeon." Her face went blank

"What? What do you mean no?" I frowned.

"We can't be together Taeyeon, you know why," she turned her furry back on me.

My eyes quickly swam with tears but I tried to control my breathing so she couldn't hear me crying.

"Why?" I whispered trying to control my voice from shaking.

My heart is aching, I feel like there are million knives stabbing me. I feel weak and hopeless, It feels like my world is crashing down.

"We can't Taeyeon and I don't like you like that," she walked to the other bed and jumped on it.

. She doesn't like me? I feel something is squeezing my stomach and my whole body is trembling.

"Forget about your feelings for me. It's just nonsense. You just feel that because I'm helping you."

Did she just reject me? I'm stunned. This pain feels so excruciating.

"I'm sorry Taeyeon, I don't want to give you false hope. And... you should just give Seolhyun a chance," she suggested as she snuggled herself in bed.

"You'll get this over soon. Good night," she nonchalantly said like it's not a big deal.

I slowly laid myself in bed and put my comforter up to my head. I tried not to make a noise as my tears kept flooding from my closed eyes and my lips were quivering uncontrollably.

I feel vulnerable.

This is my fault, I let my hopes got that high. I shouldn't have thought about this.

I'm such an idiot.

Loser as always.
 

-
 

The next day, everything was blurred. I didn't sleep much last night and I barely eat or drink the whole day. I felt numb though the pain was so great that it feels insufferable.

I wasn't in the mood and it fell down to its ing limit when I saw Tiffany was happy being with Nick.

right? They looked like a real couple or maybe they are?

She doesn't like me because she's straight and she likes Nick. I concluded based on my point of view. It's noticeable.

She's showing me that right in my face. She's not being discreet about it.  I can sense that she's doing it on purpose.

I thought that she would never hurt me but the pain that she's causing me now, it's killing me inside.

Why is she doing this? Am I nothing to her? But we're friends right?

How can she be so cruel to me?

She's doing this so I will move on from her. She wants me to do it fast because she wants to accomplish her mission and be free.

Right.

Now I know.

I have to confront her. Again.


 

×